C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porting LSXR 102 fast intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 05:58 PM
hammersavette
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Porting LSXR 102 fast intake

Is there anyone that has done a home port job on this new intake? I feel like it's not that complicated, or is it? I have a shop, but porting is something new to me. From the looks of it, it doesn't seem like rocket science, just don't grind a hole in your 800.00 investment. The lsxr 102 is a three piece intake, why not just take it apart and grind down the rough places that can cause turbulence in the airflow. I already have it apart and I can see imperfections that I feel like I can fix, such as cracks in runner seems, rough places in lower shell, etc. I think that I can do this, looking for tips from experienced porters of lsxr intakes. Please help. I don't want to screw up, but I feel like I can do this.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:23 AM
Stage Runner
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...g-results.html
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...fast-lsxr.html
Ported mine and gained 13 rwhp and 6 tq......
Old 07-26-2014, 09:01 AM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by hammersavette
Is there anyone that has done a home port job on this new intake? I feel like it's not that complicated, or is it? I have a shop, but porting is something new to me. From the looks of it, it doesn't seem like rocket science, just don't grind a hole in your 800.00 investment. The lsxr 102 is a three piece intake, why not just take it apart and grind down the rough places that can cause turbulence in the airflow. I already have it apart and I can see imperfections that I feel like I can fix, such as cracks in runner seems, rough places in lower shell, etc. I think that I can do this, looking for tips from experienced porters of lsxr intakes. Please help. I don't want to screw up, but I feel like I can do this.
you may know its more to porting than just grinding and smoothing. that said...I would leave it to the pros as you could end up with a $800 paperweight.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:56 AM
shawnaj7731
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for about 200 bucks Bare essential racing will port it for you as well as peak speeds shop
Old 07-26-2014, 11:31 AM
grocerygetter
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 87 Posts

I have seen people hurt them just winging it themselves. I could say you could safely port match it if you have heads....past that, send it off.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:49 AM
lebvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by grocerygetter
I have seen people hurt them just winging it themselves. I could say you could safely port match it if you have heads....past that, send it off.

Get notified of new replies

To Porting LSXR 102 fast intake

Quick Reply: Porting LSXR 102 fast intake