C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

b&b fusion controls

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 09:52 AM
donb1226
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default b&b fusion controls

just installed fusion on 2006 c6 coupe. came with vacuum kit to operate valves. is the b&b kit different from the mild to wild. was wondering if one was better than the other. only way to open and close now is with key fob that they gave me. im also looking into hooking it up to a relay to control from my kenwood ddx812 radios external controls.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:12 PM
sox3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think one is any better. They both do the same thing. I installed a small push button switch. Didnt really care for the remote. I can still use the remote though. You can also program into visor if you have the homelink.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:11 PM
donb1226
Intermediate

i do have homelink. do i hold remote close to homelink button same as programing door opener?
Old 06-06-2009, 01:59 PM
SLAMMER 2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by donb1226
i do have homelink. do i hold remote close to homelink button same as programing door opener?
If you use your home link to open and close your B&B system it works. I use the right button to close the flaps and you have to use the left button to open the flaps. The middle button I still use for my garage opener. Just use the info from your manual to set up your home link buttons and program each button. You can't get one button to both open and close the flappers. Its much better than having to deal with mounting the remote control fob.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:40 PM
SunsetOrangeCreations
Melting Slicks

Location: Exhaust Commander Wireless Bi-Mode Exhaust Controllers, Innovative and advanced technology! --- Check out our website @ www.sunsetorangecreations.com
St. Jude Donor '13

I build the Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. bi-mode controller system.

It allows you to open and close the butterflies in a bi-mode exhaust from your dash DIC reset button.

Here is the thread that describes it: ---> Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H.

The Exhaust Commander D.A.S.H. has some unique cool features...
It allows you to open and close the exhaust from the dash DIC reset button or via a keyfob remote.
It remembers ts last position so if you shut down in quiet mode, when the car is restarted it will be in quiet mode. If you shut down in Loud mode , the car will be in loud mode when you restart.

I also have the Ultimate Exhaust Commander which has a user selectable rpm open mode. So you get 3 operational modes. Full open, Full Closed, and user selectable rpm opening mode.
It is also available with the D.A.S.H. option.

Here is the thread about the Ultimate Exhaust Commander. --->
Ultimate Exhaust Commander.

All of my controllers are able to control the B&B Fusion retro system as well as all factory bi-mode exhaust systems.

Please feel free to contact me anytime for additional info.

Ben
Old 06-06-2009, 04:46 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the B&B Fusion catbacks and I went with the D.A.S.H. becasue I did not like fumbling with the remote and did not want to look up for the Home Link button every time I wanted to change exhaust modes. I doubt that the Home Link will give you the remember last position feature which was very important to me. The neighbors are a lot happier when I can light it off in the quiet mode.

BJK
Old 06-06-2009, 10:54 PM
AmmoVet
Melting Slicks

Received 348 Likes on 244 Posts

M2W in a box plus old school with switch on the dead pedal! Works great.

Get notified of new replies

To b&b fusion controls

Quick Reply: b&b fusion controls