C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Would you buy a factory hitch for your C6 vette?
Yes, IF they made one that fit the NPP exhaust
16.05%
I already have one on my C6 vette
9.88%
Not now, but I it would be nice to have the option for later
14.81%
No, and I will never have a need for a hitch
59.26%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Curt may make a hitch for NPP C6 vettes, if there is interest

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

Default Curt may make a hitch for NPP C6 vettes, if there is interest

I'll kick this to the top one last time. Some of us prefer a "factory" style hitch that will fit a C6 vette with NPP exhaust, to hold a bike rack or pull a small race tire trailer to events.

Some think it's crazy, but that's OK too. I'll hide mine with a cover between the exhausts, except when in use.

Anyway, no company makes a hitch that will fit the NPP exhaust C6, so I contacted the design department of Curt Hitch, and they "may" change theirs to fit it.

They asked how much "interest" there is in the vette community, so I'm doing this post, and I'll email them this link to follow. I'll be doing the same on other vette forums too.

They also asked if anyone lived near Eau Claire, Wisconsin, that had an NPP exhaust C6, because they would want to fit test (and I'm sure give a very sweet deal on the 1st one made).

Sooooo, who would buy one, if it became available and was priced similar to the "non-NPP" version? (Search for the Curt 11380)

Last edited by Seadawg; 04-13-2012 at 06:25 AM. Reason: to the top one last time
Old 03-28-2012, 03:17 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Received 2,062 Likes on 1,506 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Npp compatible and installs/removes in just minutes. It doesn't require a "factory" to make it and it works excellent.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...n-details.html
Old 03-28-2012, 03:48 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
Npp compatible and installs/removes in just minutes. It doesn't require a "factory" to make it and it works excellent.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...n-details.html
Thanks and great info HOXXOX. However, this style won't work for me, because I want to be able to buy a bicycle rack and install it into the receiver.

Having said that, Curt Hitch will see your design, and they may be able to make something similar as a "receiver style" hitch, at a much lower cost than the current "non-NPP" hitch.

And, if they don't, your design could be customized without too much trouble to a receiver style setup.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:52 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Here's a custom done for a Z06:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...ler-hitch.html
Old 03-28-2012, 05:42 PM
RJ98Vette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not sure I am all that interested in having a hitch on my car, but you mentioned using the hitch with a slide in bike rack - which I could see myself using. I would want something that wouldn't be obvious through. Maybe a hitch that could use a slide in cover that looks like the plates that go above the exhaust - if that could be where the hitch was mounted.

Robert
Old 03-28-2012, 10:46 PM
z10
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Let me know if you get this into production
Old 03-29-2012, 12:37 AM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Originally Posted by Seadawg
Thanks and great info HOXXOX. However, this style won't work for me, because I want to be able to buy a bicycle rack and install it into the receiver.

Having said that, Curt Hitch will see your design, and they may be able to make something similar as a "receiver style" hitch, at a much lower cost than the current "non-NPP" hitch.

And, if they don't, your design could be customized without too much trouble to a receiver style setup.
That's not very respectful to pass that along to a commercial enterprise without at least asking first.

I didn't design and share that info with forum members, so they could send it to some other business that hasn't bothered to serve the Corvette community with a solution of their own. I designed it because no major hitch manufacturer felt it was worth their time and money to do so.

If you want to use what I shared for your personal use, I have no problem with that.

As far as it not working for you. It's almost too easy to simply shorten the 12.5" bar to 8.5" and weld on a receiver tube to the bottom in whatever size you need. Bike racks take a 1.25" or 2" tube and start as low as $10.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:17 AM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
That's not very respectful to pass that along to a commercial enterprise without at least asking first.

I didn't design and share that info with forum members, so they could send it to some other business that hasn't bothered to serve the Corvette community with a solution of their own. I designed it because no major hitch manufacturer felt it was worth their time and money to do so.

If you want to use what I shared for your personal use, I have no problem with that.

As far as it not working for you. It's almost too easy to simply shorten the 12.5" bar to 8.5" and weld on a receiver tube to the bottom in whatever size you need. Bike racks take a 1.25" or 2" tube and start as low as $10.
I apologize if you got upset HOXXOH, but I didn't share anything (you did by replying to this thread). Since you previously posted it on the forum, it's public information anyway. But again, I didn't mean to step on any toes. I would think they would modify their existing design anyway.

They do service the corvette community. (Curt Hitch) already have a C6 hitch that they make, but it won't fit the NPP exhaust version. And, several vendors here sell it.

My only desire is to get something commercially made (that will fit NPP exhaust vettes), and that will help all of us (if wanted/needed).

Because, I personally don't want to have to track down a welder and have one custom made for myself.

Last edited by Seadawg; 03-29-2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-29-2012, 11:07 AM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts
Tech Contributor

Hitches are for trucks!
Old 04-13-2012, 06:27 AM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Thrash
Hitches are for trucks!
And for some vettes too
Old 04-13-2012, 02:19 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by RJ98Vette
I am not sure I am all that interested in having a hitch on my car, but you mentioned using the hitch with a slide in bike rack - which I could see myself using. I would want something that wouldn't be obvious through. Maybe a hitch that could use a slide in cover that looks like the plates that go above the exhaust - if that could be where the hitch was mounted.

Robert

I like the bike rack idea!
Old 05-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

HOXXOH, when will you be coming out with a vette hitch? Let me know, I'm interested.

Looks like it fits your company profile from your website.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...hra-legal.html
Old 05-14-2012, 12:44 AM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

A couple of months ago I was contacted by someone out of the blue to see if I could modify my Vert Luggage Rack to put a bike on it with some sort of rails pitched up. Just from that one email to me, a hitch that would work for a bike might be something people would buy. Just an opinion is all.

Originally Posted by ILLUSHN
I like the bike rack idea!
Originally Posted by RJ98Vette

Robert
Old 09-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I am a big fan of my hitch. It comes in handy for ways that aren't always obvious.

I went with cutouts instead of Z06 exhaust due to the hitches not being compatible. The cutouts have a different sound than the NPP/z06 which I happen to like.

And courtesy of Hal Jensen.

I hope Hoxxoh or Curt would manufacture this for folks!
Old 09-15-2012, 04:19 PM
HOXXOH
Race Director

Originally Posted by Joe_G
It's too small of a market, which is why Curt didn't bother development and why I posted detailed plans on CF for those few who were interested.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:18 PM
o_town_racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please let me know if they end up making an NPP compatible hitch. I would buy one in a heartbeat!
Old 09-15-2012, 07:06 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,932 Likes on 4,812 Posts

No need for one.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Chevy Nick
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would also buy one in a heartbeat
Old 09-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Originally Posted by o_town_racer
Please let me know if they end up making an NPP compatible hitch. I would buy one in a heartbeat!
Originally Posted by Chevy Nick
I would also buy one in a heartbeat
Not allowed here unless HOXXOH uses his forum vendor USER ID to sell them.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 09-23-2012 at 08:03 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Curt may make a hitch for NPP C6 vettes, if there is interest

Quick Reply: Curt may make a hitch for NPP C6 vettes, if there is interest