Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Buyer Beware - Steven Cudiff aka steven31371 on Corvette Forum aka steven31371 on

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 08:21 PM
TVROguy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Buyer Beware - Steven Cudiff aka steven31371 on Corvette Forum aka steven31371 on

BUYER BEWARE - Doesn't ship parts when promised.

Short version: I paid $1647.00 for heads 1 week ago and after being promised 3 different dates I still do not have confirmation that the heads have shipped to me ... much less a tracking number.

Long version: I responded to an ad that Steven placed to sell a pair of “Brand New” AFR 1510 Cylinder Heads on the Corvette forum. He said he had sold those but had a set available from a new longblock engine that he would not be using and that I could buy them and he gave me the link to LS1 Tech. As it turns out these heads have 7000 mi on the heads but have new gold springs that have 1000 mi on them, picture looks great, heads sitting on a blanket or rug on the floor (I took that to mean that they were ready to package & ship).
Very amiable guy, we bounced a bunch of emails back & forth talking about heads, lifters, rocker arms and cams … he responded to my questions fairly quickly every time (from his iPhone), leading to someone else asking about the heads … did I want them. I said YES, I was waiting for him to get back to me with shipping from Southern CA to me in Northern CA.
He told me the price $1647.00 shipped to me and I agreed and sent the money to his PayPal account that day … Thursday, October 10, 2013. I emailed him that the money was on the way and he responded that he would ship the heads Friday or Sunday.
Monday, Oct 14 after work I had no shipping info from him so I sent an email asking if he had tracking number for the shipment. NO RESPONSE
Tuesday, Oct 15 after work I emailed and asked if he shipped the heads to me NO RESPONSE
Wednesday, Oct 16 at 8:11 AM I emailed:
I bought the AFR 1510 heads from you in good faith, have already paid you and now you don’t respond to any of my communications. Are you going to send the parts I paid for? You could at least have the decency to respond.
Since I can’t seem to get you to respond as to whether you have shipped the heads I paid you for, my next actions are to post a caution for members NOT to do business with you and then to file charges with Orange County Sheriffs department and small claims court to get my money back.
This he responded to at 11:20 AM stating “Dude chill out, I sent you a message at the forum saying that your heads will ship today.”
I checked on the forum and there were no messages for me. So, I emailed back and told him so … he asked if I was (someone else) and I told him “NO … I’m TVROguy … the guy who PayPal’ed $1647.00 to you on Thursday of last week. How many people did you sell these AFR 1510 heads to?”
He responded
“Just you, sorry, but its getting hard keeping track of who is who at the forum...I'm getting both emails and PM's from guys about the same part and its getting hard to keep track of what real name goes with which screen name lol
In any case, you heads are going out today...didn't have time to get them properly cleaned and packaged for sunday shipment.
The address on your paypal account is the correct shipping address?
I confirmed my address
Thursday, Oct 17, 2013, at 7:54 AM I emailed to ask if he shipped the heads to me yesterday and asked if he had tracking info for me. NO RESPONSE
Thursday, October 17, 2013 12:46 PM I told him I was working at home today, so please respond to (my home email address) or give me a call on my cell (cell phone number).
I told him I felt I was not being treated fairly and gave him until 4 PM to provide shipping information or to return my money. NO RESPONSE

BUYER BEWARE

Last edited by Jesse; 10-31-2013 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Sellers personal info deleted ...
Old 10-17-2013, 08:36 PM
TVROguy
Advanced

Default This is a Great forum

To all of you out there who help all of us, with your knowledge, insight, parts ... everything ... you are so wonderful. I have benefited from this forum more than I can express in a few words. I don't want this, amongst a very few, problem to discourage others from asking or buying OR to discourage those who help, give and sell.
Mike
Old 10-17-2013, 10:52 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Put a claim to pay pal & hope you paid my your credit card. Hate to see crap to anyone.. Robert
Old 10-18-2013, 01:14 PM
MIAmotorsports
Instructor

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-p...partout-2.html
Old 10-19-2013, 01:33 PM
MIAmotorsports
Instructor

I will post what is going on and if you know of anyone else that has taken the ride please post in this forum or this one: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-p...partout-2.html
I will post info as I get it. If we can all turn over our info together we can get something done quicker. I will probably be the one to have to turn it in to the Anaheim police because he can say something happened and wasn't able to mail is why people didn't get their stuff. Me on the other hand...he has acknowledge he is not sending me parts and stated I am due a full refund...which I haven't got. Once I confirm the info I have is one the right person I will post it. Until confirmation I shouldn't legally do it. We will get our stuff back or money we just have to be patient. Absolutely do not threaten him or he can say he didn't respond because he was afraid for his safety and your case will be weaker. Also, do not post BOGUS claims or post just to BASH. It takes away from the quality of the post and helps no-one
I have been down this road 4x and have either gotten my money x3 and/or the person went to jail. One of the cases involved, if I remember correctly 7 people. this may just take some time. Steve if you read this ALL WE WANT IS WHAT WE AGREED TO>>GET THESE GUYS THEIR PARTS AND GET ME MY REFUND SINCE YOU INTERCEPTED THE PACKAGE. If anyone personally knows Steve ask him to do the right thing.

Please don't be afraid to buy from the others. This doesn't happen that often but it does happen.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:04 PM
dr_whigham
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Is this the same guy!? I need to know NOW cause I'm about to ban him on LS1Tech. That's my section and I'm one of the mods on there.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:21 PM
MIAmotorsports
Instructor

Yes it is the same guy on LS1 tech
Old 10-20-2013, 09:42 AM
theblackvette
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It really hurts the hobby when stuff like this happens. I hope all of you find a happy ending and don't let this hurt your enthusiasm. Stick together and do what you need to do to get satisfaction. Good luck!
Old 10-20-2013, 11:05 PM
dr_whigham
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MIAmotorsports
Yes it is the same guy on LS1 tech
He hasn't logged in since the 10th. I posted on his same thread about these heads, and the. A few others chimed in after me. The link to this thread is on the one on Tech though.

Let's hope this goes right.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:46 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Please do not post people's personal information here.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:47 PM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

I have received a PM from the seller today (Oct. 31, 2013).

The seller has the ability to PM those who have purchased from him to seek resolution and to receive PM's.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:56 PM
TVROguy
Advanced

PayPal decided in my favor and are refunding my money ... thankfully this is now over for me! Many thanks to cor08vette for his help, concern and guidance.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Jesse
Administrator

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Founder St. Jude Fundraiser

Originally Posted by TVROguy
PayPal decided in my favor and are refunding my money ... thankfully this is now over for me! Many thanks to cor08vette for his help, concern and guidance.
Glad to hear it, and you're welcome
Old 12-08-2013, 06:15 AM
99Lingenfelter
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

BUYERS BEWARE!!!!
I'm still waiting to get $900 back from a set of QA1 coilovers. (Apparently I bought them after he had the original sale/shipment "intercepted" from MIAmotorsports). I sent payment over 5 weeks ago, no item, no tracking number, and no response, after a dozen emails, PMs, and paypal dispute messages.
Looks like he may have an alias too. Here's the name/email that paypal gave me after I sent payment to the email address that steven31371 PM'd me.
Seller's Name: Brent Bruce
Seller's Email: Brent.bruce1969@gmail.com
Old 12-09-2013, 04:53 PM
MIAmotorsports
Instructor

Originally Posted by 99Lingenfelter
BUYERS BEWARE!!!!
I'm still waiting to get $900 back from a set of QA1 coilovers. (Apparently I bought them after he had the original sale/shipment "intercepted" from MIAmotorsports). I sent payment over 5 weeks ago, no item, no tracking number, and no response, after a dozen emails, PMs, and paypal dispute messages.
Looks like he may have an alias too. Here's the name/email that paypal gave me after I sent payment to the email address that steven31371 PM'd me.
Seller's Name: Brent Bruce
Seller's Email: Brent.bruce1969@gmail.com
What day did you send payment? I got my refund OCt. 30th.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Rich Z
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, well..... After the headbumping I had with this guy a while back concerning my Pfadt CF driveshaft and his cockamamie opinions, this doesn't surprise me in the least. I thought there was something just *special* about this guy.

He bashed me in public about the situation to curry favor with Pfadt and by his own words got the drive shaft I returned to Pfadt sent to him for free. Which, of course, he turned around and sold to someone else, regardless of the fact that it was incorrectly dimensioned for the application it was sold for.

Anyway, just happened to stop in here at this forum to see what this guy has been up to lately. Interesting, to say the least.

Get notified of new replies

To Buyer Beware - Steven Cudiff aka steven31371 on Corvette Forum aka steven31371 on

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware - Steven Cudiff aka steven31371 on Corvette Forum aka steven31371 on