Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Problem with Chuck Cow

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 08:55 PM
thehdman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Chuck Cow

When I was looking for a tune I read thru the Forum and Chucks work was spoken of highly here. His work maybe be great it seems getting him to do it is the problem. Here is a rough timeline of my trial and tribulations:
Bought Auto-Cal on 3-5 for $715
Got it on 4-10 but no instructions
Finally got instructions on 4-17 but error code when trying to use
Numerous emails and calls trying to get him to solve the problem finally filed a complaint with the credit card company on 5-18. For some reason I got a call from Chuck wanting to take care of the problem but he really needed the credit card dispute to go away.
Cancelled my credit card dispute on 5-24 after assurances from Chuck he will take care of the problems (note to the rest of you if you do that you have no recourse thru the credit card company longer)
A few emails back and forth finally was able to load my (first starting tune) on 5-28
Ran the car and noticed it ran a little cooler did first data log and emailed Chuck with it on 6-7
After many calls and emails he responded on 6-26 he was having a problem reading the data log and wanted a time for us to talk. I emailed him my phone number with numerous times for him to call and he never did
6-27 is the last time I have heard form him
I have emailed numerous times and tried calling since then and all I get is the answering machine and its memory is full.
Over 4-1/2 months later and all I want is what I paid for

Last edited by thehdman; 07-20-2012 at 09:05 PM. Reason: more details
Old 07-20-2012, 09:44 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default You need to help me help you.....

Originally Posted by thehdman
When I was looking for a tune I read thru the Forum and Chucks work was spoken of highly here. His work maybe be great it seems getting him to do it is the problem. Here is a rough timeline of my trial and tribulations:
Bought Auto-Cal on 3-5 for $715
Got it on 4-10 but no instructions
Finally got instructions on 4-17 but error code when trying to use
Numerous emails and calls trying to get him to solve the problem finally filed a complaint with the credit card company on 5-18. For some reason I got a call from Chuck wanting to take care of the problem but he really needed the credit card dispute to go away.
Cancelled my credit card dispute on 5-24 after assurances from Chuck he will take care of the problems (note to the rest of you if you do that you have no recourse thru the credit card company longer)
A few emails back and forth finally was able to load my (first starting tune) on 5-28
Ran the car and noticed it ran a little cooler did first data log and emailed Chuck with it on 6-7
After many calls and emails he responded on 6-26 he was having a problem reading the data log and wanted a time for us to talk. I emailed him my phone number with numerous times for him to call and he never did
6-27 is the last time I have heard form him
I have emailed numerous times and tried calling since then and all I get is the answering machine and its memory is full.
Over 4-1/2 months later and all I want is what I paid for
You need to help me help you..... I'm sorry that you're waiting on me for something...

While we're quite busy here, you have made this way more difficult than it needs to be.

More often than you can imagine, customers attempt to contact me in ways that don't work.

For instance. THIS POST. If you're looking to get some action from me, you're off to a bad start

because I HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU ARE BY YOUR FORUM NAME.

I CAN ONLY IDENTIFY YOU BY THE MANE ON YOUR INVOICE and that's the only way to get my attention.

All too many of you contact me on the forum with names like "BADZO6" and SUPER C6" or whatever

and while you know who I am I have NO IDEA who you are or what you're bitching about.

Additionally, if you gave me your personal e-mail when you placed your order and you start bitching at

me from your work e-mail.....AGAIN, I can't help you.

If PM's don't work.... Ring my phone..... If my phone don't get you action....send me a PM......

You likely can't imagine the number of people trying to reach me any given day this time of year

by PMs, POSTS, E-MAILS, PHONE CALLS, etc.....If the way you're attempting to reach me

isn't working......PLEASE try another.

You can't imagine how many of you send me computers to tune and boost and when I open the box,

you didn't even include a name or phone number to identify yourself.

Please communicate to me your real name and address and what you're waiting on and I'll

do my best to get you up and running.....

Thanks
Chuck CoW
Old 07-22-2012, 01:47 PM
BEERSNOB
Intermediate

Aside from your bs scare tactic marketing your reply here Chuck is why I would never do business with you.You may do alright selling bolt on tunes but eventually this type of attitude will come back to haunt you.Just a thought
Old 07-24-2012, 02:17 PM
eliteczm523
8th Gear

Hmmm....

All too many of you contact me on the forum with names like "BADZO6" and SUPER C6" or whatever and while you know who I am I have NO IDEA who you are or what you're bitching about.
Additionally, if you gave me your personal e-mail when you placed your order and you start bitching at me from your work e-mail.....AGAIN, I can't help you.
If PM's don't work.... Ring my phone..... If my phone don't get you action....send me a PM......
So, once I place the order I need to hunt after you to complete the job i contracted out to you? Then I need to PM you, Call you, and PM you again for something to come to a draw? Why not just do the work that was paid for.

You likely can't imagine the number of people trying to reach me any given day this time of year by PMs, POSTS, E-MAILS, PHONE CALLS, etc.....If the way you're attempting to reach me isn't working......PLEASE try another.
So again, you collect our money, and then expect us to hunt after you, and remind you to do the job I paid you to do? Thats like going to a Doctor and having to walk him through your own heart surgery step-by-step. Then having to call him repeatedly just so he can remember to put some stitches in you so your innerds won't fall out. Would create quite a mess don't you think?

You can't imagine how many of you send me computers to tune and boost and when I open the box, you didn't even include a name or phone number to identify yourself.
Not for nothing, but every single package I have ever shipped or received has a RETURN ADRESS on it! Its this magical thing that will give you the adress as well as the name of the person who sent it to you!

Please communicate to me your real name and address and what you're waiting on and I'll do my best to get you up and running.....
Again, its our job as a customer to hound after the vendor to receive something we paid for? I don't know if its just me, but I have never had to call and remind a vendor of a purchase I made, or threaten with a Credit Card chargeback just to receive what I originally paid for.

Speaking of, the OP stated he called his CC company in regards to this, and they started a chargeback. The fact that you called him and told him you would get it done, as well as asking him to make the chargeback go away tells me that you know DAMN well who this person is, you know what his name is, you have his phone number.

I highly doubt that you get thousands of customers who don't receive the goods/services you sold to them, who are thereby forced to get theyre money back through contacting theyre Credit Card Company and creating a dispute. Allthough I have been surprised before...

If however, that is the case, it just solidifies my opinion of you and your shop, and definitely makes never doing business with you again a very easy decision to make. I just hope that other potential customers don't get suckered into your sales antics, and buy into your lies.

By the way - this looks awfully familiar!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/tran...chuck-cow.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-s...chuck-cow.html

Same excuses over and over again.....

(wonder how long this post will stay up before it gets deleted)
Old 07-25-2012, 11:55 AM
Patal
Instructor

Chuck,
Plesae check for PM's. Trying to get autocal updated & tweek booster.
Thanks,
Allen Mitchell
The Woodlands, TX
Old 07-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 644 Likes on 421 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

If you had treated customers this way when you first started your business do you think you would be in business today?You cant $hit on people and expect it to just go away,do the right thing and give the guy his money back.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:29 PM
stroked383z28
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow...definitely will not be using you to tune my car.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:38 PM
thehdman
Intermediate

Default just to let everyone know

Chuck got a hold of me and we are working on it, will update as needed
Old 08-20-2012, 02:59 PM
thehdman
Intermediate

Default I give up have had enough

After my initial complaint Chuck did start working with me again but a problem occurred and I thought we were working on it. I supplied him all the info he requested and i waited and waited and waited. I tried calling (leaving voice mails and messages), tried sending emails to both his accounts and tried PMing him thru here with no response. As you can see from my initial complaint this started a number of months ago and is still unresolved today. Well Chuck I give up, you win take my money. I hope it brings you happiness and joy knowing you screwed me out of it. Anyone thinking about doing business with him the call is up to you. If you do I wish you a better experience. I am still looking to do this if there is an honest tuner who would like to work with me please send a PM thru here.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:36 AM
fastrex
7th Gear

Default same issue

I have a bad experience also. He charged me for the autocal 8 weeks ago and after numerous calls still not shipped. This is my first experience with him. I can't spend all my time calling. You took the money fast enough..... Now I know even if I get it one day I will never be able to get the tune tweaked .
Old 08-25-2012, 12:00 PM
thehdman
Intermediate

Default sorry to hear

The sad thing about it is he does know what he is doing, its just getting him to do it. It did take awhile to get mine so you should someday actually get it. The problem is will it do you any good when you do? The real sad thing not a call, email or nothing from him or an offer for some sort of compensation. That would be nice since I just lost my job last week and the wife is only working part time. Well anyway good luck to you.
Mike
Old 08-25-2012, 01:18 PM
dun4791
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fastrex
I have a bad experience also. He charged me for the autocal 8 weeks ago and after numerous calls still not shipped. This is my first experience with him. I can't spend all my time calling. You took the money fast enough..... Now I know even if I get it one day I will never be able to get the tune tweaked .
he shouldn't charge until he ships....call your cc company immediately
Old 08-25-2012, 01:49 PM
thehdman
Intermediate

Default good advice

Call them now!
Old 08-25-2012, 02:18 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default That's pretty unfair.....

Originally Posted by thehdman
After my initial complaint Chuck did start working with me again but a problem occurred and I thought we were working on it. I supplied him all the info he requested and i waited and waited and waited. I tried calling (leaving voice mails and messages), tried sending emails to both his accounts and tried PMing him thru here with no response. As you can see from my initial complaint this started a number of months ago and is still unresolved today. Well Chuck I give up, you win take my money. I hope it brings you happiness and joy knowing you screwed me out of it. Anyone thinking about doing business with him the call is up to you. If you do I wish you a better experience. I am still looking to do this if there is an honest tuner who would like to work with me please send a PM thru here.

That's pretty unfair.....I've spent TONS of time with you to the exclusion of other people at times and from what efi live tells me.....

There is a good chance that the problem is with your car...

Regarding your pms and e-mails.... below is an e-mail I sent to you wanting to make an appointment to work on your car and you never responded....

You'll notice that I have been in regular contact with you and by the date on this e-mail and the date you made your last derogatory post,

It's clear that I'm waiting for you and you failed to respond.....And we have all of the PMs and e-mails to document it....

I'm still however willing to work with you, but if you think your BB complaint and forum rant are helping you get your car fixed.....

I DON'T PLAY THAT WAY. You'll find that I am the most helpful and generous tuner out there when it comes to giving my time to forum

members and customers, but if your ranting continues with me there is a good chance your car will NEVER be right.

As sincere as I know how to be, if you WANT MY HELP AND TIME (which is very limited) please change the way in which you ask for help.

I'm here when you need me.....as always.

Just don't push. As you can see below I HAVE BEEN making myself available for you.

Your post misrepresents my involvement with you.
Chuck CoW

From: Chuck Mosello [mailto:corvette-doctor@Corvettes-of-Westchester.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2012 10:14 AM
To: mikek@glaco.com
Subject: Please let me know when you're ready to procede....

Hey Mike... Been busy this week painting the shop for CoWlisle 2012.

I will be available some time on sunday if you will be available....

Chuck

From: Chuck Mosello [mailto:corvette-doctor@Corvettes-of-Westchester.com]
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2012 10:49 AM
To: mikek@glaco.com
Subject: EFI LIVE response.

Hey Mike... Their response is as follows (see below)... Paul in convinced that there is issue with the car.

Please let me know when we can get logged in again to see what's going on with the car.

Thanks
Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I don't recall asking for any stock log files or trace files (anyway the log file you attached has no data frames in it).
The fuel trims in the trace file are pegged at $7E and $7E which would make both fuel trims show up in the scan tool as: -1.55%

The long term fuel trims in that vehicle are pegged at a specific value. There's nothing the scan tool can do about it. The scan tool is just reporting the data (correctly) that the PCM is sending back. You need to figure out why the fuel trims are not updating. That was my last suggestion to you...

Log the short term fuel trims. SAE.O2S11 and SAE.O2S21
Log the fuel system status to see if its in open/closed loop. SAE.FUELSYS

Chuck Mosello - CORVETTE DOCTOR
Corvettes of Westchester
37 Old Albany Post Road
Ossining, N.Y. 10562
914-332-0049
www.CORVETTES-OF-WESTCHESTER.com

To see the new Corvettes of Westchester China Trip video, Please click
This link http://www.corvettes-of-westchester.com/China_Video/

Last edited by Chuck CoW; 08-25-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Both parties have replied. Per the rules this thread is now closed.

Get notified of new replies

To Problem with Chuck Cow