Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Problem with purchase from Chuck Cow

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 05:24 PM
BIGWILL_88
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Problem with purchase from Chuck Cow

I have been dealing with a Chuck Cow of Chuck Cow Tuning for a Tune I ordered January 30, 2012. I ordered a tune consisting of the AutoCal/TUNE/STAT Package from Chuck because he came HIGHLY recommended over the entire board and was charged $717.00. After not receiving the tune I requested a refund on 24 March 2012. During the time I ordered and paid for the tune and the date of my request for a refund I emailed/PMed/called Chuck Cow numerous times for a status of the tune and constantly got the run-around of being told "Oh 2 weeks!" After giving the run around I requested the refund in March. After requesting a refund, I again emailed/called numerous times asking the status of the refund. I was told to call Joe and give him my credit card information and he will take care of everything. I did as requested but got nothing. Called again, and was told the same thing and I told him the I did not feel comfortable with calling and giving my information and that I would not do it because it had already been done! So eventually Chuck sent me a pm here on the board stating that he had to fire Joe and that He would personally take care of everything. Well after finally receiving the refund, on 6 May in the amount of $609.45, short more than 100.00. After contacting Chuck he said that his policy states that there is a 15% return fee even if you change your mind. I changed my mind because I never received the product for which I paid. He then stated that it was a special order from out of country…how the hell was I to know because he never said anything about it coming from out of country. The receipt that I was provided only had a reference number and the amount I was charged, nothing like a "Real" receipt explaining any of what he said. CF Monitors, please assist with this.

Last edited by BIGWILL_88; 05-30-2012 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Wanted to be more specific and detailed with complaint.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:49 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,202 Likes on 706 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I PMd and emailed Chuck to respond here as soon as possible...if he is traveling as he often does it may be a bit....don't know his schedule
Old 05-30-2012, 11:37 AM
BIGWILL_88
Instructor

Default Thank you

Originally Posted by pewter99
I PMd and emailed Chuck to respond here as soon as possible...if he is traveling as he often does it may be a bit....don't know his schedule
Roger that, thank you. I can send all of the emails between Chuck and I if necessary.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:59 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by BIGWILL_88
Roger that, thank you. I can send all of the emails between Chuck and I if necessary.
ok...go ahead and post what you have in support of your side...I just got a quick message from Chuck and he is, as I suspected, on the road and will not have access to a computer to type his response until tomorrow but he is aware of the thread.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:06 AM
BIGWILL_88
Instructor

Default PM's Between Chuck and I on transaction

Originally Posted by pewter99
ok...go ahead and post what you have in support of your side...I just got a quick message from Chuck and he is, as I suspected, on the road and will not have access to a computer to type his response until tomorrow but he is aware of the thread.
These are the PM's and I have emails to compile also.

1/20/2012

Re: Would like to place order

Happy New Year Big Will!

I might be in the shop later today... Call me later

or tomorrow and remind me you contacted me today and you'll get the discount...

No problem.
Chuck

3/7/12 Re: Status of Tune Order
Just wanted to check the status of the Tune I ordered from you on 30 Jan? Thanks.

Sorry man, what was your real name????

Efi Live ran out a few weeks back, but they have been coming in regularly recently.

Tracking shows another batch coming next week...

Chuck

3/7/2012 11:14PM Re: Tune Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGWILL_88
Chuck,
Hey I sent you a PM and email earlier but I just wanted to check the status on the tune for my 00 Vette? Order was placed on Jan 30th? Any idea when this will be done and delivered……really getting anxious for this puppy.. Let me know, thanks.

Vincent (Bigwill_88)

Sorry, just got this.

Chuck

3-26-2012 10:42 RE: Status of Tune Order

Chuck,
I am writing to cancel my order for the tune that I placed with you on 30 Jan for my 2000 C5 Automatic Corvette. The total for the tune was in the amount of 717.00. The reference number provided on the receipt I received via email was 10.174.5.136-1353176DC5E-2A18FDD7-6CCBB48A. Really thought I would have received and installed it before now and my R&R has come to an end. Let me know if you have any questions. I can be reached at 321-591-2844. I sent you an email with this info as well. Thanks!

Vincent Williams aka (Bigwill_88 on Corvette forum)
57 Idlecreek Lane
Edgewater, MD 21037

Please call me now.... I'm here for a short bit.

Chuck
914-332-0049

3/26/12 11:25PM
Chuck,
not sure what time this came in but it is now 11:19PM so I'm guessing it was earlier. I spoke to you earlier today letting you know that I was canceling the order due to me returning to Afghan. If necessary I can give you another call tomorrow.

Vincent (Bigwill_88)

Please call my office tomorrow and explain it to joe and be sure to leave him ALL of your credit card info to make the credit.

Please do not e-mail me CC info.

Thanks
Chuck
5/18/2012 My PM to Chuck
Chuck,
I am on my way back to the states for a short visit. I need you to have my refund to my credit card no later than COB Tuesday! I have tried to be as patient as I can with you and your company regarding this refund. I have done everything from calling and providing your co-worker with my credit card information only to be asked to call and provide again which I refuse to do. This has been a transaction that started on January 30th and it is now May 11. Way out of the range of acceptable. Thank you.

5/18/2012 Chuck PM to Me

Hey there Vince. Sorry for the trouble. Due to issues like this, I've had to let Joe go... Unfortunately, my office computer with all of my records and files died 2 weeks ago.

I've had lots of paperwork problems with him and since he's been gone I've uncovered too much of this crap.

I'll get you taken care of myself.

Chuck

5/23/2012

Vince.... I took care of it personally. Done. Please check your statement within a day or so and let me know what you find.

Joe no longer works here and we have 2 systems for card processing. I can't tell if he initiated it on either system, but in the event he did, please be a sport and alert me if you get 2 credits.....

Thanks very much for waiting.
Chuck CoW

5/23/2012 11:45 PM
Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Vince.... I took care of it personally. Done. Please check your statement within a day or so and let me know what you find.

Joe no longer works here and we have 2 systems for card processing. I can't tell if he initiated it on either system, but in the event he did, please be a sport and alert me if you get 2 credits.....

Thanks very much for waiting.
Chuck CoW

Met to Chuck: No Problem Chuck! I will definitely let you know if 2 credits are headed my way. Thanks for taking care of that for me.

Sorry for the trouble... Please check your card in a few days.... Credits are not as fast as sales to hit and they cost the same..... Go figure.

Confirm with me when it hits.

Thanks
Chuck

5/26/2012 12:32 PM

Chuck,
I see that a refund has been posted to my credit card but only for the amount of 609.45 when the total that paid was 717.00. Not sure why the remaining 107.55 was not refunded but I need this corrected with the difference for a complete refund as soon as possible. Also, let me know if you need the receipt that was sent to me showing the charge. Thanks again.

Vincent (Bigwill_88)
Hey there.. While I'm sorry for the confusion here and any delays, the credit card company charges me good when I post a sale and they charge me the same fee again on credits.

All of my ads come with the disclaimer that we DO NOT ever accept returns on tuning products and services or special ordered parts. This order is both tuning and special order.

In this case, I have bent the rules as your are a US serviceman and I've accepted your refund request, However any returns are subject to a 15% charge.

The difference between the original sale and the adjusted amount is reflected in your credit.

Virtually every vendor uses this same policy as with credit cards there are costs and fees paid for credits and debits.

If you change your mind and wish to re-order this package in the future, I'll gladly apply the difference to your order.

Thanks for understanding.
Chuck

5/27/2012 3:57 PM

Chuck,
In order for this to be considered a return I would have had to have received the item. In this case with the time frame it took to even get a status on the order only to be told that it was not ready months after the order date, I think that I have full reasoning to get a full refund. Now I don't know if this is some form of hoax that you are running but I am going to request a full refund. I have our emails from day one of making the order on Jan 31 and I will have no hesitation on sharing them to prove my case. We are talking 4 months and you want me to pay you for not providing the customer service that is expected? NOT HAPPENING! If necessary Chuck I will contact my lawyer so that this does not happen to anyone else. I need to hear from you VERY SOON!

Chucks Response:

I'm very sorry. Returns, changing of your mind, or want to cancel an order for any reason are all considered "RETURNS" and by our posted policy are subject to a 15% charge.
Your product was special ordered from outside the country and therefore requires that you pre-pay.

You were extended a courtesy as you are a serviceman. You explained that your need to cancel the order was due to your deployment schedule and that is beyond our control.

Again, should you decide to complete your order, we will gladly credit you back the difference, again...as a courtesy.

If everyone was entitled to change their mind for free after placing orders, businesses like mine would be bankrupt from the fees, and costs, administrative expenses, and taxes associated with "free returns".

This is why most business must charge a small fee for returns of any reason.

Chuck

LAST RESPONE: FROM CHUCK

our policy.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:53 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Default Emails in .pdf format

These were sent to me by the OP to attach on his behalf. I cannot speak to their accuracy, completeness etc. I am doing this in an effort to bring this dispute to a resolution.

Chuck is free to post all his supporting documenation as well when he responds.

Click on pdf to view

Tune Order Emails.pdf
Old 06-05-2012, 07:15 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Unfortunately, we will not make exceptions.

Unfortunately, we will not make exceptions. This has been our policy for some time now.

We have found that permitting people to cancel orders for ANY reason does not work when you are running a business.

We are NOT MACYs, BEST BUY, or any other type multi billion dollar enterprise where returns are commonplace.

Most frequently, in Big stores like them, you will be given a "store credit". We do not do that either.

Because of credit card fees and other costs of exchanging money, we charge a modest return free which

compensates us for costs incurred and remains a device used to discourage customers from "changing their mind" for any such reason.

It does not matter wether your sale with us is 30 seconds old or 6 months old.

We do not permit returns/refunds, especially on sale or specially ordered items. (which your item was)

As a concession, because you are active military, we permitted the return and only charged the 15%.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but if I were to change my policy for you and your situation,

it then opens the door for every other customer with every sale, and every possible situation to

expect to be able to "change their mind" without penalty.

We are not Macys and in fact we ARE a mom & pop type business.

Our AutoCal product along with our mail order tunes & CoW BOOSTER! have been very popular and well received.

Most every customer is thrilled with the product and equally impressed with the service I provide.

We service 1,000s of customers every year both in our shop and thru the mail with great results.

I work crazy hours and more days and nights than most people could handle to try to stay on top of everything.

As with anything else in this world, it's impossible to please everyone....every time.

We're very sorry you were not a satisfied customer....

Maybe you will be... in the future.

Chuck CoW
Old 06-05-2012, 07:23 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Vendor has responded and per forum rules I am closing this thread.

Get notified of new replies

To Problem with purchase from Chuck Cow

Quick Reply: Problem with purchase from Chuck Cow