Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas | Nevada

Speed Demon Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 12:11 AM
Charles Klein
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speed Demon Motorsports

I had a very bad experience with this Houston vendor, and I will be suing them. The story is here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1550309721
Old 04-05-2005, 12:15 AM
G-Z06
Racer

Sorry to hear that Charles

I hope everything works out for the best brotha.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:07 AM
N2 TRBL
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Wow! I live right down the road from these guys. Thanks for the heads up! Sorry to hear of the problems and good luck on the suit.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Joe Diver
CF Enhanced Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Wow...what can I say? Small Claims Court will not be enough for you. You need a lawyer, and take them to regular court. I would sue them for lost use of the vehicle, all of the money you've spent so far, and for the cost of a replacement engine. I would not tolerate that engine in my car. You can also sue for your time and effort related to the case. I can see your case topping $20k. Good luck and keep us informed.

Speed Demon Motorsports - If these allegations are true the only way to make it right is to replace the defective engine and reimburse for damages. You will not fare well in court and it will cost you far more $$ than if you just step up to the plate and do the right thing.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Busa196
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not here to bash anyone, but I too had an awful experience with SD. I've never offered this info before as I don't enjoy ruining anyones rep over a single bad experience. But my experience with them was the worst I've ever had with any shop. I'd list all the problems I had, but there isn't enough room on this page. Long story short I hired them to install a blower on my C-5- in which case I was told it would take 5-7 days max.

28 days later I picked my car up with the wrong size injectors, not tuned correctly, some new minor scratches....and to top it off they routed my PCV lines incorrectly- therfore, while under boost I was pressurizing my crankcase . Unreal. A monkey could have seen the picture of the hose routing in the install manual and done it correctly.

I handed Chris about 3k in cash for an install/tune/injectors/guages, etc... and I was in a Walgreens parking lot 7 min later with an oil covered engine bay....the pressure in my crankcase had blown my dipstick out and spewed oil all over my engine bay. I tried to call Chris immediately....and no one answered. Never a returned phone call, broken appointments, no communication at all from SD for 28 days.....not ONE call, not ONE email.

I decided to swallow my losses and just let SD know how I felt. I sent a 3 page email complaint to Chris with pictures of the wrong hose routing and an oil covered engine bay- I got a 3 liner back saying he was sorry and that he'd "call me to discuss it" later. You think he ever called me? That's the only reason I'm posting this. Had he contacted me and tried to sort this out as a business owner should, I would have walked away knowing that he was truly "sorry" for what had happened to me, and that he actually gave a sh&* about his customers- but he didn't. I owe him/SD nothing.

Sorry for your frustration, I feel your pain- trust me.

-Busa196-
Old 04-06-2005, 10:54 PM
fast 98 C5
Burning Brakes

Man I am sorry to hear this as this was not my total experience with them. I am just wondering why he has not responded. Best luck. PS I am not discounting your claims just stating my experience as my car is still running and I love it.

Last edited by fast 98 C5; 04-11-2005 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:05 AM
1BadMagVert
Instructor

Originally Posted by Charles Klein
I had a very bad experience with this Houston vendor, and I will be suing them. The story is here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1550309721
Charles

As one Charles to another, let me say sorry to hear about your problems. If you want someone around Austin that can make an engine run like you want, call CCS Tunning. Talk to EJ, he will tell you exactly what is what. The owner/tunner/mechanic that EJ works for probably has forgotten more about engine building than most other shops know.
Send me an e-mail/Private Message if you want to talk.
Good Luck!
Old 04-12-2005, 03:50 AM
ZO6Bill
Racer

Sorry to hear that you are having all the trouble with S.D.? Chris did all of my engine work and blower and tunning and he did a great job! I just can't ever get in touch with him via the Phone nor catch him on Saturday as that is the only time I'm around there. He is a ONE MAN shop now days, with some guy helping from time to time with the little stuff. But you and one other guy have had problems, that I know of, and the other guy had Chris install a bunch of used parts to cut cost and it bit him in the ***. I hope that you are able to get it all worked out and get the car tunned and running as you like. Try G Force M.S. just down the hiway off of I 10 south in Frendswood TX. Jay and group seen good and they have a pretty good tunner and in house dyno too. All the best...ZO6Bill
Also written up on your link site above.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:57 PM
fast 98 C5
Burning Brakes

zo6 bill, what does that bad boy of yours run ? I have seen it at the shop and it sounds nice.

Old 04-21-2005, 09:59 PM
rbhighrise
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08

Best wishes Charles, as you know, I also had a horrible experience. Hell, I'd take off work and fly down on my dime if you thought it would help. Speed Demon is nowhere near professional.

Keep us advised.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:21 AM
MIKE-C5
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'08
Default Speed Demon (Houston)

Ok, guys.....I had my car with SD once for a rear end install and TC and when I came back to San Antonio I noticed it was leaking, I called him and he said to bring it back and he did take care of the problem at no cost! I had to put it on a trailer and tow it. I was told by few friends here in San Antonio that Chris had some bad techs at one point but Im sure he took care of that, I dont think that an owner from a Speed Dhop will take a chance. By the way, this happen about 3 years ago!
Old 04-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Blk Cts V
Instructor

Charles any word on your car?
Old 04-24-2005, 08:54 PM
Charles Klein
Instructor

Originally Posted by rbhighrise
Best wishes Charles, as you know, I also had a horrible experience. Hell, I'd take off work and fly down on my dime if you thought it would help. Speed Demon is nowhere near professional.

Keep us advised.
Thanks. I appreciate that a lot.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:51 AM
ZO6Bill
Racer

Fast 98 c5: Well I can't get it to go very well. I keep blowing off the air piping from the blower to the engine. Then I tryed to fix that and the blower belt shreaded. So It will be a while longer. Trying to get in touych with Chris to get an idea on the belt replacement or maybe a 8 rib set up? OH! 6 rib belt is still slipping under good boost. ZO6Bill
Old 04-28-2005, 09:47 AM
EVIL
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by ZO6Bill
Fast 98 c5: Well I can't get it to go very well. I keep blowing off the air piping from the blower to the engine. Then I tryed to fix that and the blower belt shreaded. So It will be a while longer. Trying to get in touych with Chris to get an idea on the belt replacement or maybe a 8 rib set up? OH! 6 rib belt is still slipping under good boost. ZO6Bill

Have you thought about going with cog pulleys? Just a thought if you're okay with loud blowers.

Get notified of new replies

To Speed Demon Motorsports

Quick Reply: Speed Demon Motorsports