CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous-86/)
-   -   Just out!!! BPPs Twin Turbo System for the LS1 & LS6 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous/470936-just-out-bpps-twin-turbo-system-for-the-ls1-and-ls6.html)

NJ99FRC 01-13-2003 08:25 PM

Re: Just out!!! BPPs Twin Turbo System for the LS1 & LS6 (flynbludream)

OMG! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: 950 HP! is that from a stock engine? Is that at the rear wheel? IMAGINE IF THAT WAS ON A 427! :eek: Good job guys! :hurray: :steering: :hurray:

AP 01-13-2003 08:58 PM

Re: Just out!!! BPPs Twin Turbo System for the LS1 & LS6 (ny vette lover)

Cool Kit ... like other's have said ... the hoses look kind of cheap ... otherwise ... it is probably going to be a popular package ...

ChrisTinaBruce 01-13-2003 09:55 PM

Re: Just out!!! BPPs Twin Turbo System for the LS1 & LS6 (AP)

FINALY, WOW, a TT under $12K. Thank YOU, Thank YOU. My only question is one asked about the piping. Will it be hard silicone or run another way.
Great Job.

MelloYellow 01-13-2003 10:24 PM

Re: Just out!!! BPPs Twin Turbo System for the LS1 & LS6 (DallasC5)

Looks like the CAS kit is getting around:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=404432 http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=461813

I'm pretty sure BPP's above motor with the F Series Procharger has larger 4xx cubes. Someone just needs to make some piping or hoses for that kit. Maybe do something different with the air filters too.

[Modified by MelloYellow, 10:28 PM 1/13/2003]

Mike@NorrisMotorsports 01-13-2003 11:03 PM

Re: Just out!!! BPPs Twin Turbo System for the LS1 & LS6 (MelloYellow)

Hey Ernie,

I believe this is it here:
http://www.ls1speed.com/catagory.cfm?catagory=new

Just need to scroll down a bit. Pricing is for the kit only, not labor per LS1 Speed. Definitely needs better duct work, but promising for sure. Time will tell and good luck. We are looking into this also.

Mike

bc53 01-13-2003 11:11 PM

Re: Just out!!! BPPs Twin Turbo System for the LS1 & LS6 (billreid1@cox.net)

Yes this is my car that is in the pic and is the first C5 done with the kit.

Bill F.

onfire 01-13-2003 11:11 PM

Re: Just out!!! BPPs Twin Turbo System for the LS1 & LS6 (Vette Doc)

What type scavenge pump is used?

Bill Reid 01-13-2003 11:12 PM

Re: Just out!!! BPPs Twin Turbo System for the LS1 & LS6 (Vette Doc)

Be nice to get an update from bc53... you out there bud? As far as I know he is the only forum member currently with this kit installed.

Godspeed 01-14-2003 11:02 AM

Re: Just out!!! BPPs Twin Turbo System for the LS1 & LS6 (billreid1@cox.net)

So I am confused now. :confused:

Is this a BPP kit or a CAS kit? Or will BPP be a distributor of the CAS kit? Please post up as soon as you have more information regarding the inlet hoses.

GR8-LIFE 01-14-2003 11:09 AM

Re: Just out!!! BPPs Twin Turbo System for the LS1 & LS6 (BreathlessPerformance.com)

Boy I can feel the SC market going "plop!" Very very good Job Ernie. Lots of luck with this!

Shinobi'sZ 01-14-2003 04:02 PM

Re: Just out!!! BPPs Twin Turbo System for the LS1 & LS6 (BreathlessPerformance.com)

Is the intercooler a "spearco"?
Thanks

jpas 01-14-2003 04:10 PM

Re: Just out!!! BPPs Twin Turbo System for the LS1 & LS6 (Shinobi'sZ)

Shinobi - Are you interested in a front mounted I/C? I am making my own that will have two inlet ports on the bottom corners and the outlet port will be out the center of the top. Let me know. The cores are made by the same company that brazes the Spearco cores. The cost is MUCH less.

Shinobi'sZ 01-14-2003 04:14 PM

Re: Just out!!! BPPs Twin Turbo System for the LS1 & LS6 (jpas)

Dude (jpas) YES!
I was thinking of either doing it that way or having a single inlet from the side. I think the less tubing and bends/connections the better. But I am definetly interested.
Interestingly,
I took all the blower kit off of my car awhile back (when the motor blew) and was not able to place the airfilter intake and air bridge on the throttle body, because it would run into my relocated rad. So what I ended up doing was sticking the maf right on the throttle body and then a votex airfilter on the other end of the maf (looked like one of those Vortex or TPI motors when they stuff them in a truck). The Car ran great I drove it for 100 miles to the dealership...you could not even tell the pistons were cracked driving it around N/A. My point is..is that you with a single intercooler and plumbing you connect the MAF right on the TB with a coupler and it works fine.

Thanks

[Modified by Shinobi'sZ, 3:27 PM 1/14/2003]

NEPTUNEBILL 01-14-2003 05:40 PM

Re: Just out!!! BPPs Twin Turbo System for the LS1 & LS6 (jpas)

I would be interested in a single IC as well and like Shinobi I was more interested in a single in and out to eliminate a lot of tubing--When Ive seen other large single IC's I always wondered if it would block air to the radiator it gets hot here---thanks bill

Rx7Rob 01-15-2003 08:39 AM

SWEET!!

Single intercooler so I don't have to give up my brake cooling, YES!

Did I miss it, which turbos are on the kit?

What dia are the down pipes?

We're almost down to where I might consider the twins!

Is a program/fuel map supplied? [nevermind, I see that it is]

Why, the major price increase over the F-body kit??

[Modified by Rx7Rob, 8:40 AM 1/15/2003]

Sales@MVPAutoParts.com 01-15-2003 06:32 PM

Re: Just out!!! BPPs Twin Turbo System for the LS1 & LS6 (Rx7Rob)

SWEET.... :smash: :smash: :smash:

bruce1 01-16-2003 09:53 PM

Re: Just out!!! BPPs Twin Turbo System for the LS1 & LS6 (Tuan Le)

I want one!

Maybe in my next life.

BreathlessPerformance.com 01-17-2003 11:31 AM

Re: Just out!!! BPPs Twin Turbo System for the LS1 & LS6 (Tuan Le)

We are working on redesigned tubes for the intake.

Thank you, Ernie
BreathlessPerformance.com