CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Black wheels, I dont get it (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3449129-black-wheels-i-dont-get-it.html)

Don-Vette 04-09-2014 11:44 AM

Black wheels are for lazy people who don't like cleaning and who think it looks mean.

Ducking, Lol

Smellozoid 04-09-2014 11:50 AM

When they first started showing up I told everyone I didn't like them. So what did I end up buying?

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...816_n-Copy.jpg

wayback 04-09-2014 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Don-Vette (Post 1586614955)
Black wheels are for lazy people who don't like cleaning and who think it looks mean.

Ducking, Lol

Not true.....black wheels take just as much time to keep clean as any other wheel. They all look bad when dirty!! :D

Daviddear30 04-09-2014 12:21 PM

There are some of the best looking 4 spares set ups in this thread. most people don't have 18-20" spares.
Would 15" BLack wheels look good on a c6? That may look like spares :-)

mcandrew67 04-09-2014 12:29 PM

When I had chrome and polished wheels on my car, people said it was beautiful, then since I put black wheels on, people tell me that it is bad ass....
Both ways I like, but for now I am liking the black. I definitely get more comments with the black wheels, than any other.

AK47 04-09-2014 12:29 PM

i have two sets of wheels, black and chrome, so that solves the dilemma

HarleyB 04-09-2014 01:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In this case the wheels SHOULD be black:
Attachment 48372860

Tonylmiller 04-09-2014 01:41 PM

I like chrome the best, but to each his own. Not a big deal.

Gaskill 04-09-2014 04:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Boozman (Post 1586613604)
Different strokes for different folks

I live in a small city (50k) with its own corvette club and as far as I know, I have only black wheels in town. When I see them cruising around I always think how they all look the same. Now after reading this thread, I know what they must think when they see me. "Lazy people who don't like cleaning" or "Looks cheap" or "Black wheels sux" maybe "Black wheels=taxicab/looks horrible" or my favorite "Look like crap" FYI I didn't like black either, so had mine powered coated MATTE BLACK

96mogt 04-09-2014 04:26 PM

I love them. :rofl::rofl:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n...gt/JaysLS2.jpg

slosh123 04-09-2014 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by RC000E (Post 1586614726)
Old waxers arent going to understand black wheels any more than they understand matte finish paint jobs. Its an evolution of style and youre frozen in time. Chrome/polished wheels have their place, as do black/dark grey...even red or green wheels for that matter. Its styling, its fashion...old people arent generally fashion or trend savvy...surprise!

It is not about age. On the right car with the right complete look, black wheels are fine. But to just throw some black wheels on a car and say it is great just does not cut it. Why you feel the need to call older people childish names? :toetap:

Racer 04-09-2014 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by donwil (Post 1586610112)
I know Im going to get torched for this but to me black wheels are the worst thing ever. You cant see the design very well unless your close,they do nothing to enhance the cars color and basically look like your driving on 4 spares. How can people like these wheels and pay for them? you couldn't give me a set. But what do I know? I'm the old "get off my lawn "guy. Ok let the destruction begin!:lol:

Well, if nothing else, you know nothing about cool cars. :thumbs:

WhiteDevil828 04-09-2014 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by donwil (Post 1586612039)
haven't you actually found a thread once you read an OP's statement? or did you mean you needed to read 45 replies because you enjoy the topic so much? Yeah that must be it. No one would read 45 replies about a topic that bores them.

What I meant was I can't wait to hear the opinion fireworks. As the op said "let the destruction begin":rock:

saplumr 04-09-2014 06:43 PM

Old waxers arent going to understand black wheels any more than they understand matte finish paint jobs. Its an evolution of style and youre frozen in time. Chrome/polished wheels have their place, as do black/dark grey...even red or green wheels for that matter. Its styling, its fashion...old people arent generally fashion or trend savvy...surprise!

Just to be clear....being young doesn't make one "generally fashion or trend savvy". Being young generally means you make more mistakes simply due to inexperience.:rofl:

WhiteDevil828 04-09-2014 06:47 PM

"Old people" generally do what THEY like, not what they think other fashion or trend savvy people like. That's why old people could care less what sneakers Shack wears or which hair-do J-low or Snookie are sporting this week. :yesnod:

RAGGDOLL 04-09-2014 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by 96GS#007 (Post 1586610283)
:rolleyes: Been discussed a million times. Don't like 'em, don't buy 'em. Maybe time for a vision test.

Obviously a slow day for the :troll:

Hardly a troll man, simply talking about wheels on a forum :yes nod: Maybe YOU need the vision check :willy:

BTW, not a fan of the black either :thumbs:

RAGGDOLL 04-09-2014 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Don-Vette (Post 1586614955)

Ducking, Lol

And people who THINK they are cool :rofl:

Badmotorf1nger 04-09-2014 06:58 PM

Im with the OP, I dont like black wheels at all. Ive had black & gunmetal on 2 cars and after switching over to white wheels I will never go back. Sure they are harder to keep clean but they pop a lot more and add to the overall look of the car.

Like lots of other mods, it might look nice on your car, but it wouldn't on mine.

zcarbon 04-09-2014 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by No. 386 (Post 1586618207)
"Old people" generally do what THEY like, not what they think other fashion or trend savvy people like. That's why old people could care less what sneakers Shack wears or which hair-do J-low or Snookie are sporting this week. :yesnod:

I'm Olde, I'd be thrilled 2 C a pic of Snookie's new look :D:D:eek:

Bruze 04-09-2014 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by No. 386 (Post 1586618207)

That's certainly true for me. I generally resisted "fads" when I was young (DOB 1950) and still do to some degree. Seeing everything chromed all my life, maybe I like the blacked-out look because it's different, I don't know.

I like the mysterious aura surrounding a Vette like that; it makes it look anti-cop, anti-establishment or rebellious or something.

In the back of my mind it also brings back memories of watching the early James Bond (Sean Connery) movies when I was a teenager. Although I don't think any of his cars had black wheels, they were tricked out and very fast -- as were his women. Heh, nuttin' wrong with that! :D

I can't really put my finger on it other than that. :confused: