CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   My dealer is horrible... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3353771-my-dealer-is-horrible.html)

Drake Heminger 10-08-2013 03:22 AM

I agree with you guys... I'm not looking for drama but the dealer told me I don't own it even know my bank confirmed they have the title... Dealer said if I try they will refund the money... They are being foolish right now... So I avoid the drama but just giving them the car for a few days but I didn't expect to recieve a phone call from the GM being very rude... I agree he has to live with himself :thumbs:

Xfactors 10-08-2013 04:12 AM

Well, I feel for you on this one Drake. I had a touchy situation with a dealership I was dealing with, but I think everything in my case is going to turn out okay. I was a little nervous about things for awhile.

The feelings you've had, and the concerns you've had with your dealership, hit a nerve with me. I had the same type of thoughts concerning my dealership. I was worried they wouldn't release my vette to me, once it arrived at their dealership. I was worried they might vandalize my vette, when it arrived at their dealership. I was worried about all kinds of things. Fortunately things have turned out okay with my situation. It was a big relief for me. Good luck with your situation. I was sweating bullets for awhile, with my situation.

MikeyTX 10-08-2013 04:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585117765)
Well our original agreement said they can hold it for three days keep in mind that the situation changed but out of the kindness of my heart I allowed them too but then I get threatened by him because I called customer service to report this issue... He wasn't doing a damn thing to fix it Radley Chevrolet stay away from them I will no longer do business at this dealership

As close as you are to Mike Furman @ Criswell ? This I don't understand .............. :willy: This is a sign ................ You have upset the Corvette gods ................. I sense the presence of the death star.

Stingray Sam 10-08-2013 04:42 AM

Drake, I was with you on the GPS thread, which was a lot of fun. However, I see far too much unnecessary drama and piling on here. Seems to me that you have a few avenues to resolve this. A polite meeting with the dealership owner expressing your concerns may well resolve the issue. It may be that the General Manager thought you were complaining to GM Customer Service about the dealership and he overreacted. That doesn't forgive his rude behavior, but responding in kind only serves to escalate the drama. You said you are a psychology major. You should understand more about human nature than the average bear, so use that knowledge to de-escalate this and get what you want.

Those who are encouraging you to create more drama aren't helping you. Stop, take a deep breath, consider the options that will RESOLVE THIS MATTER AND GET YOU WHAT YOU WANT with the least amount of angst, and move forward. Don't let this one incident ruin what should be a great experience. Remember, you can't always control situations but you can ALWAYS control your reaction to them.

Big Dan 427 10-08-2013 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585118329)
This wasn't about the sills... It's about the fact I got a threatening phone call from the general manager because I called customer service to let them know that the sills were missing... I did nothing wrong in this case... Actually customer service was happy to help me and commended me for calling and promised this issue would get resolved... I'm happy with customer service in this aspect... But you cant justify my general managers actions

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585119231)
No no no, we ended up working things out and I left peacefully all good.. Got home called customer service about my sills (Stephen) was very respectful and kind... Got a call from The General Manager 5 min after cursing at me calling me nasty remarks because he said by me calling (not complaining) just brought up the issue I had... He threatened to keep my car for doing so because he said that makes him look bad infront of GM

I'm confused. You're saying that b/c you reported missing sills the General Manager went off b/c he felt you were making him look bad in front of GM? No offense but that doesn't add up, why would he get all twisted over you reporting to customer service that the sills were missing from your newly arrived car, that is not the dealers fault and certainly no cause for the GM of an establishment to flip out and threaten you! I am not buying it, something more is going on here. Any GM worth his salt knows that you are going to get a survey and would bend over backwards to make sure you're happy, especially taking into account what car you are buying. Don't take it personally, I just can't get my arms around this one.

Glen e 10-08-2013 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1585120377)
I'm confused. You're saying that b/c you reported missing sills the General Manager went off b/c he felt you were making him look bad in front of GM? No offense but that doesn't add up, why would he get all twisted over you reporting to customer service that the sills were missing from your newly arrived car, that is not the dealers fault and certainly no cause for the GM of an establishment to flip out and threaten you! I am not buying it, something more is going on here. Any GM worth his salt knows that you are going to get a survey and would bend over backwards to make sure you're happy, especially taking into account what car you are buying. Don't take it personally, I just can't get my arms around this one.

Agree...the survey is looming....just not a GM behavior .....

Cool Rod 10-08-2013 05:15 AM

:iagree:

Nothing personal, but there are some missing pieces of this story.

midnightbluS10 10-08-2013 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Slappy3243 (Post 1585117879)
Does he know that you post on the largest Corvette forum in the country? If not, you should gladly link him to this post. I bet he will be kissing your ass :)

doubt it

green2000 10-08-2013 07:31 AM

AORoads 10-08-2013 07:50 AM

this is the dealer in Fredericksburg, VA? wow, I think "wolfdogs" goes to them rarely.

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585117765)
Well our original agreement said they can hold it for three days keep in mind that the situation changed but out of the kindness of my heart I allowed them too but then I get threatened by him because I called customer service to report this issue... He wasn't doing a damn thing to fix it Radley Chevrolet stay away from them I will no longer do business at this dealership

jimmyb 10-08-2013 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585120303)
I agree with you guys... I'm not looking for drama but the dealer told me I don't own it even know my bank confirmed they have the title... Dealer said if I try they will refund the money... They are being foolish right now... So I avoid the drama but just giving them the car for a few days but I didn't expect to recieve a phone call from the GM being very rude... I agree he has to live with himself :thumbs:

Reality is that neither the OP or the dealer OWN the car...the bank does. The OP is the bank's customer now, not the dealership. Something is not right here.

Jimmy

runutzzzzz 10-08-2013 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by jimmyb (Post 1585120841)
Reality is that neither the OP or the dealer OWN the car...the bank does. The OP is the bank's customer now, not the dealership. Something is not right here.

Jimmy

While technically correct it's not they way the law would see it in this case. The bank is the lien holder. OP is the OWNER of the vehicle.

I would suggest to the OP that he give the owner of the dealership a call and talk to them about the situation. From my understanding OP also purchased the ZL-1 from them at MSRP+. They have made plenty of money off of them and I see no reason to piss off a paying customer.

The manager is just playing hardball because he thinks he can and doesn't want to lose this fight. It has nothing to do with the fact that he want to show a C7 to potential customers. He has 2 on his show room already! He's prob. hard headed and stubborn. If I were the manager, I would have handed him the keys and sent him on his happy way and look forward to him purchasing his next car from me.

AORoads 10-08-2013 08:17 AM

that would've been the smart way to do biz^^^. and you are correct about who owns the car because the state does recognize who the car is registered to, not who owns the "paper" on it. if it's ever re-po'd then it becomes a different story of ownership.:cheers:

jimmyb 10-08-2013 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz (Post 1585120934)
While technically correct it's not they way the law would see it in this case. The bank is the lien holder. OP is the OWNER of the vehicle.

I would suggest to the OP that he give the owner of the dealership a call and talk to them about the situation. From my understanding OP also purchased the ZL-1 from them at MSRP+. They have made plenty of money off of them and I see no reason to piss off a paying customer.

The manager is just playing hardball because he thinks he can and doesn't want to lose this fight. It has nothing to do with the fact that he want to show a C7 to potential customers. He has 2 on his show room already! He's prob. hard headed and stubborn. If I were the manager, I would have handed him the keys and sent him on his happy way and look forward to him purchasing his next car from me.

What fight? This is where this whole deal is convoluted to the point of insanity. Is this over the car staying at the dealership 3 days? Is this over the OP calling customer service? Seriously, I can't make sense of ANY of this.

Jimmy

fredl11 10-08-2013 09:45 AM

Really

Originally Posted by DocHolliday (Post 1585117974)
Reverse your check? Like decide they are not going to sell it to you after the contract was signed?

WOW...this is unreal. Did you walk under a ladder after breaking a mirror and spotting a black cat right before you bought this car? Sorry for the horrible luck Drake, it can only get better.

I'd suggest calling the customer service folks and making a report on this guy specifically.

There has got to be a Dark Cloud hanging over him. 1st in QC for a LONG time
then NO SILLS and now this!! WTH!!1

Hope it all works out.

runutzzzzz 10-08-2013 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by jimmyb (Post 1585121270)
What fight? This is where this whole deal is convoluted to the point of insanity. Is this over the car staying at the dealership 3 days? Is this over the OP calling customer service? Seriously, I can't make sense of ANY of this.

Jimmy

The "fight" between OP and the manager about him getting his car.

The call to CS was about his door sills, not the dealer refusing to release the car. The person at the dealership obviously had a ego issue. Once he heard that OP called CS he flipped and thought that he was going "over his head" a level headed customer service oriented person would have just left it alone and just ordered the part for the customer and not even mention it to the OP.

There might be parts of this story that we are missing but from what I've read it seems like the dealer is being a real D-Bag. I'd actually like to hear the dealerships side of the story.

HyperX 10-08-2013 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by JeffC5 (Post 1585117889)
Remember, you'll get a survey! Dealers hate to get anything less than 100%.

OMG did I learn this the hard way. I bought a work chevy express van a few years ago. Brand new. Well, someone at the dealer was doing something with the battery and never tightened the connection. One of my guys was on a job and the battery wire disconnected and the guy could not start the car. So I just called the dealer. They went it, towed it back, put in a new battery (the battery was also lose and bounced around and leaked). I then filled out the survey and mentioned this.

The GM called me and bitched me out and said to never come back and buy anything. He said that my rating has just lowered their overall rating with GM and it diminished how many trucks they can order. My rating was like 75%.

ATC399 10-08-2013 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585117906)
Not really but on a personal level jonathon Pittman has never liked me and I still to this day don't know why... I believe he is bitter and highly insecure... I'm a psych major I study behavior as a habit lol

lmmfao...thats it he noticed you evaulating him....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::ro fl::rofl:

450hp mike9 10-08-2013 11:45 AM

I have only been on this forum since 8/1 but it seems like that this drake guy is always in the news. It's either with a member or a dealership but way to much drama . You have to ask yourself why. I know he got under my skin awhile back. Please just get your car and stop all this drama.

texvette2 10-08-2013 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by HyperX (Post 1585122307)
OMG did I learn this the hard way. I bought a work chevy express van a few years ago. Brand new. Well, someone at the dealer was doing something with the battery and never tightened the connection. One of my guys was on a job and the battery wire disconnected and the guy could not start the car. So I just called the dealer. They went it, towed it back, put in a new battery (the battery was also lose and bounced around and leaked). I then filled out the survey and mentioned this.

The GM called me and bitched me out and said to never come back and buy anything. He said that my rating has just lowered their overall rating with GM and it diminished how many trucks they can order. My rating was like 75%.

I've had them say if you can't give us 100 don't send back. BS
I send it back with what I think. If they complain will just send
the text or email to the company. I don't answer my phone so
no one get direct contact. I call back if a number recognize or
reply with a text. Many don't like that because is a recorded
statement. I got one right now with a small issue on the BMW.
No big deal but will not talk direct, all through text or email.