CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   My dealer is horrible... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3353771-my-dealer-is-horrible.html)

OddJob1971 10-07-2013 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by harlold (Post 1585117789)
I love the fact these old school dealers haven't figured out their old games don't work in the age of social media and forums.

Unfortunately they get enough first time cars buyers or weak in the knees buyers that they still are able to stay in business. All you can do is walk and let as many people as you can know to stay away from them. I had a local dealer here try and screw me when I tried to order my C7. They gave my allocation away to other buyers who were willing to pay 3k markup after taking my deposit. Let's just say the floor manager was doing everything he could to get me out of his dealership after the scene I caused. Got in my car and call another dealer, gave deposit over phone, had my car 7 weeks later. I've tolD every person I know to avoid that dealership.

Drake Heminger 10-07-2013 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by harlold (Post 1585117789)
I love the fact these old school dealers haven't figured out their old games don't work in the age of social media and forums.

Social media is everything! They can bring people together or destroy lives! :thumbs:

FEAR 10-07-2013 09:04 PM

ohh id take out nothing short of a billboard telling the local community how you were treated. its a couple grand but worht it, i'll donate $40 for the cause!

FEAR 10-07-2013 09:05 PM

just start a thread on every forum you can fins using the dalership name, really mess with his google results

Drake Heminger 10-07-2013 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by OddJob1971 (Post 1585117933)
Unfortunately they get enough first time cars buyers or weak in the knees buyers that they still are able to stay in business. All you can do is walk and let as many people as you can know to stay away from them. I had a local dealer here try and screw me when I tried to order my C7. They gave my allocation away to other buyers who were willing to pay 3k markup after taking my deposit. Let's just say the floor manager was doing everything he could to get me out of his dealership after the scene I caused. Got in my car and call another dealer, gave deposit over phone, had my car 7 weeks later. I've tolD every person I know to avoid that dealership.

Who is the dealer so I know to stay away? :hide:

Shurshot 10-07-2013 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585117698)
So after finding the sill issue I called customer service and they are handling the issue thankfully and koodos to them... My General Manager Jonathan Pittman calls me and threatens me over the phone because I called customer service to let them know... He told me is going to hold my car and I asked how long and he said as long as he likes.... I will be escalating this with the regional manager

It is time for tape recorder to be hooked up to your phone and for you to avoid any conversations with any officials involved with you and your car without one

First check the legality of this (a few minutes online is all it takes) where you live, but even when illegal, once you have the proof on tape this is usually sufficient to accomplish what you want done

Drake Heminger 10-07-2013 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by FEAR (Post 1585117946)
ohh id take out nothing short of a billboard telling the local community how you were treated. its a couple grand but worht it, i'll donate $40 for the cause!

Gotta love freedom of speech! Haha

Drake Heminger 10-07-2013 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Shurshot (Post 1585117959)
It is time for tape recorder to be hooked up to your phone and for you to avoid any conversations with any officials involved with you and your car without one

First check the legality of this (a few minutes online is all it takes) where you live, but even when illegal, once you have the proof on tape this is usually sufficient to accomplish what you want done

He called me on this personal cell on purpose because the dealer records all convos

DocHolliday 10-07-2013 09:06 PM

Reverse your check? Like decide they are not going to sell it to you after the contract was signed?

WOW...this is unreal. Did you walk under a ladder after breaking a mirror and spotting a black cat right before you bought this car? Sorry for the horrible luck Drake, it can only get better.

I'd suggest calling the customer service folks and making a report on this guy specifically.

Drake Heminger 10-07-2013 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by DocHolliday (Post 1585117974)
Reverse your check? Like decide they are not going to sell it to you after the contract was signed?

WOW...this is unreal. Did you walk under a ladder after breaking a mirror and spotting a black cat right before you bought this car? Sorry for the horrible luck Drake, it can only get better.

I'd suggest calling the customer service folks and making a report on this guy specifically.

I already did I have a case manger for my sills and now on Mr. Pittman

OddJob1971 10-07-2013 09:09 PM

We need to start a list of dealers to avoid and dealers to buy from. I'll start, Stingray Chevy in Plant City, FL. One of the best dealerships I've ever bought from. First class.

Drake Heminger 10-07-2013 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by OddJob1971 (Post 1585118010)
We need to start a list of dealers to avoid and dealers to buy from. I'll start, Stingray Chevy in Plant City, FL. One of the best dealerships I've ever bought from. First class.

Avoid Radley in Fredericksburg, VA they like to threaten to take your already bought car from you...

bevo_87 10-07-2013 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585117918)
They told me they can reverse the check? My bank says they can't without my authorization lol dumb a$$es

You are a better man than me. I would tell him to @#$@# off as i was taking my check back from him. There will be tons of C7s out there, where the dealers will need to actually "sell" the car to me. This is the kind of situation that my wife would tell me, "I will go to the dealer with you to pick up the deposit, but will stay in the car"..lol Then, i would ask all of you to go to a review board and slam him.... This board could make his life miserable.

FEAR 10-07-2013 09:11 PM

whats mr pittmans first name

Drake Heminger 10-07-2013 09:11 PM

Jonathan

jackhall99 10-07-2013 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Shurshot (Post 1585117959)

Can't do this without advising the party it is being recorded. :cheers:

ACRucrazy 10-07-2013 09:12 PM

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...cra2o1_500.gif

DocHolliday 10-07-2013 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585117975)
He called me on this personal cell on purpose because the dealer records all convos

You should post his personal cell number so folks can call him at a time of their choosing, from all over the country, to tell him he needs to do the right thing. :thumbs:

Drake Heminger 10-07-2013 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by bevo_87 (Post 1585118031)
You are a better man than me. I would tell him to @#$@# off as i was taking my check back from him. There will be tons of C7s out there, where the dealers will need to actually "sell" the car to me. This is the kind of situation that my wife would tell me, "I will go to the dealer with you to pick up the deposit, but will stay in the car"..lol Then, i would ask all of you to go to a review board and slam him.... This board could make his life miserable.

That's the idea! He was so rude to me even when I was excited about my car... Told me I can't sit in it telling me to get my dirty hands off it... I already bought the car and he is telling me this

Drake Heminger 10-07-2013 09:15 PM

Thank you guys so much for the support... Even though I don't have my car it feels good to have you guys! I like putting bad people in their place... Their is no room for them in this world!