CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   My dealer is horrible... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3353771-my-dealer-is-horrible.html)

harlold 10-08-2013 12:02 PM

I wonder if Chevy would like to know if dealers are telling customers "Only give us 10's!"

I've bought cars and had plenty of dealers tell me that, seems a bit disingenuous.

Michael A 10-08-2013 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by 450hp mike9 (Post 1585122624)
I have only been on this forum since 8/1 but it seems like that this drake guy is always in the news. It's either with a member or a dealership but way to much drama . You have to ask yourself why. I know he got under my skin awhile back. Please just get your car and stop all this drama.

I don't really see your point, but if you don't like what someone is saying on the forum, you can use the Ignore feature. Works great!

Michael

jackhall99 10-08-2013 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz (Post 1585121814)
..... I'd actually like to hear the dealerships side of the story.

I think most of us would as the OP's comments don't add up. Too many twists and turns for many of us. :cheers:

jimmyb 10-08-2013 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by jackhall99 (Post 1585123133)
I think most of us would as the OP's comments don't add up. Too many twists and turns for many of us. :cheers:

Amen. This saga makes Homeland look like an episode of SpongeBob.

Jimmy

OnPoint 10-08-2013 01:08 PM

If it were me, I'd just go get my car and take it somewhere else.

Life is too short for this type of drama.

450hp mike9 10-08-2013 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Michael A (Post 1585123118)
I don't really see your point, but if you don't like what someone is saying on the forum, you can use the Ignore feature. Works great!

Michael

My point is get on the phone and fix the problem we don't need to here every single blow by blow. Sometimes when you click on a post you don't really know WTF is going on until you spent time to read it.

gofobroke 10-08-2013 01:27 PM

My bet is the OP is FOS. Probably a 13 year old kid on a computer who does not own a Corvette. And this " I'm a veteran story" is probably BS too. Post a pic of your buyers order with your name on it, post a pic of your DD214 or discharge from active duty. Lets see a picture of your missing door sills. This is all complete BS, if the OP does not produce this evidence after trashing a dealership he should be held liable. Maybe somebody should call the dealership and find out what really happened or if the OP was ever there at all!!!

$$$frumnuttin' 10-08-2013 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Michael A (Post 1585118856)
I would call the owner of the dealership, and tell him/her that you want your car.

I had a hassle with a Chevy dealer one time, who sold me a big block crate engine with parts that were not the same as they said they were. I guess they didn't expect I would tear it down first. They refused to take it back. I sent a letter to the President of GM. Guess what? They took it back, immediately.

So call the owner first. You paid for it. It's your car. If you don't get the proper response, there are tons of options:

A) Call the President's Office of GM. They won't connect you with the President, of course, but they will put you at the top of the food chain for getting results.

B) Open a case with the Better Business Bureau. That's a real pain for the dealer, and a black mark that is publicly visible.

C) Call the police. They are unlawfully holding your property, that you purchased.

D) Go to the dealership, and create a huge yelling scene in front of the potential customers. They may lose some sales because of that, and they are going to want to get you out of there. If they don't give you your car, tell them you are coming back the next morning.

E) Have everyone on the forum call your dealership tomorrow. They will be so sick and tired of the calls, they will have to release the car. It's good to have friends.:D

Michael

....also, call your local newspaper or TV station...they love stories like this...can you see the headline? "local man's new purchased car
stolen by selling dealership!"

Vetteman Jack 10-08-2013 01:38 PM

What a load of :bs that dealer is pulling. I'd be on the phone every hour complaining about them. And I'd make sure they never got another bit of business from me. Talk to the owner and tell him what is going on - perhaps that would get things moving.

Drake Heminger 10-08-2013 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin' (Post 1585123570)
....also, call your local newspaper or TV station...they love stories like this...can you see the headline? "local man's new purchased car
stolen by selling dealership!"

Lol sounds like something Fox News would publish! Lol I have received an apology from one of the employees at the dealer today but unfortunately I was unable to accept because it was not her fault. I want an apology by the GM as his actions towards me were unjustifiable. :toetap:

Drake Heminger 10-08-2013 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by gofobroke (Post 1585123493)
My bet is the OP is FOS. Probably a 13 year old kid on a computer who does not own a Corvette. And this " I'm a veteran story" is probably BS too. Post a pic of your buyers order with your name on it, post a pic of your DD214 or discharge from active duty. Lets see a picture of your missing door sills. This is all complete BS, if the OP does not produce this evidence after trashing a dealership he should be held liable. Maybe somebody should call the dealership and find out what really happened or if the OP was ever there at all!!!

Go look at my other thread for the pictures that you are questioning.

BeaZt 10-08-2013 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by gofobroke (Post 1585123493)

Umm he's posted a pic of his buyers order with his name on it, he's posted a pic of his missing door sills and he's posted a few pics of him with the truck driver and him sitting in his corvette. Do little research before jumping down the throat of someone who has suffered a life long injury defending your freedom.

gofobroke 10-08-2013 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585123628)
Go look at my other thread for the pictures that you are questioning.

DD214? This is the age of cut and paste sonny. Post your buyers order, some kind of picture ID , Those could be anybody's door sills. You are the one TRASHING A DEALERS REPUTATION. Will somebody who lives in FL call this dealer and post outcome? Lots of catfish out there.

michaelinmech 10-08-2013 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by 1320vetteran (Post 1585123657)
Umm he's posted a pic of his buyers order with his name on it, he's posted a pic of his missing door sills and he's posted a few pics of him with the truck driver and him sitting in his corvette. Do little research before jumping down the throat of someone who has suffered a life long injury defending your freedom.

^ gofobroke went for broke, with no facts or research. Accuracy would have taken a little time and effort, whereas foisting an uniformed opinion on us takes only seconds . . . . .

:ack:

rad928music 10-08-2013 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by bevo_87 (Post 1585117783)
that is insane. you are buying the most expensive car that dealership sells and they treat you like crap. totally bs. For this expensive of a car, i would be contacting everybody to get it fixed. heck i would tell the GM he can keep it forever and get your money back.

:iagree:
Chevy dealers are not that good.
Wonder why people buy imports and the like, even though they are not much better Cars.

Glen e 10-08-2013 01:52 PM

this should stop right now - and drake should realize every time he posts, it is "discovery" in a court later on...I' d really close this one down Drake....go dark, buddy.....

gofobroke 10-08-2013 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by 1320vetteran (Post 1585123657)

I did my six of service in the Army defending "freedom". Does not mean I believe every bum with a piece of cardboard in their hand on the street.

BeaZt 10-08-2013 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by michaelinmech (Post 1585123724)
^ gofobroke went for broke, with no facts or research. Accuracy would have taken a little time and effort, whereas foisting an uniformed opinion on us takes only seconds . . . . .

:ack:

:iagree: and about that dealer in Florida? LOL

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 1585123729)
this should stop right now - and drake should realize every time he posts, it is "discovery" in a court later on...I' d really close this one down Drake....go dark, buddy.....

Good advice!

Drake Heminger 10-08-2013 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 1585123729)

The issue is being resolved guys... The dealer is working quickly to get the sills in to me but I have made arrangements to have them sent to another dealer. I hope to pick up my car soon!

BeaZt 10-08-2013 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by gofobroke (Post 1585123738)
I did my six of service in the Army defending "freedom". Does not mean I believe every bum with a piece of cardboard in their hand on the street.

Post your DD214 I don't believe you.