CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Nashville Quarantine Inmates - Post Complaints Here!!! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3348528-nashville-quarantine-inmates-post-complaints-here.html)

zhopper05 09-29-2013 01:35 PM

Nashville Quarantine Inmates - Post Complaints Here!!!

Last Monday, after a long weekend of waiting, and watching other cars being delivered, many of us we hoping to see movements in the "in-transit to delivery direction". Instead, we were disappointed with the lack of hoped/anticipated movement. As a result, several of us flooded the threads with complaints about what's going on, resulting in some over the top unnecessary comments.

Being one of those Nashville victims myself, I am frustrated with the wait and I do feel the need to vent at times. Even my wife, who is just as anxious as I am to get the car, has grown sick and tired of my bi*chin and complaints to her.

So, in order to free up other threads to more useful issues, please, I suggest we use this thread and only this thread to vent our frustrations with each other. We alone can relate to one another. Hopefully this venue can help some of us vent and calm down, as it's only a matter of time before our babies get released.

If you like to participate, state your VIN # and date of arrival at Nashville.

If your car was in Nashville and has been released, please share your story as well.

***** Please keep it civil, clean, and fun. Humor is encouraged.

Pisswilly 09-29-2013 01:38 PM

:cry:cry Vin 448 sent to prison on 9/26. Sat in BG for 21 days.

Drake Heminger 09-29-2013 01:42 PM

I actually legally own my car that is currently in Trashville... While I'm sure GM is taking care of our cars I also believe they couldn't give a crap fixing it quickly... They are damaged goods to them

Pisswilly 09-29-2013 01:44 PM

Anyone thinking of canceling and re-ordering at later date?

Bill B 1 09-29-2013 01:52 PM

Venting only tends to fuel the fire and keep you on edge, why put yourself through that?? :crazy2:
I'm just gonna be patient and live vicariously through the posts of others that have their cars....really enjoying the excitement and impressions they have! :yesnod:
Good luck to those that choose to use this thread for it's intended use, I hope the frustration you put yourselves through is worth it. :cheers:

(edit) By the way I'm vin 151 and have been in "the Ville" for a couple weeks now.

BlueOx 09-29-2013 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by zhopper05 (Post 1585041401)
Last Monday, after a long weekend of waiting, and watching other cars being delivered, many of us we hoping to see movements in the "in-transit to delivery direction". Instead, we were disappointed with the lack of hoped/anticipated movement. As a result, several of us flooded the threads with complaints about what's going on, resulting in some over the top unnecessary comments.

Being one of those Nashville victims myself, I am frustrated with the wait and I do feel the need to vent at times. Even my wife, who is just as anxious as I am to get the car, has grown sick and tired of my bi*chin and complaints to her.

So, in order to free up other threads to more useful issues, please, I suggest we use this thread and only this thread to vent our frustrations with each other. We alone can relate to one another. Hopefully this venue can help some of us vent and calm down, as it's only a matter of time before our babies get released.

If you like to participate, state your VIN # and date of arrival at Nashville.

If your car was in Nashville and has been released, please share your story as well.

***** Please keep it civil, clean, and fun. Humor is encouraged.

She's just another one of the thousands...

MikeyTX 09-29-2013 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bill B 1 (Post 1585041524)
Venting only tends to fuel the fire and keep you on edge, why put yourself through that?? :crazy2:
I'm just gonna be patient and live vicariously through the posts of others that have their cars....really enjoying the excitement and impressions they have! :yesnod:
Good luck to those that choose to use this thread for it's intended use, I hope the frustration you put yourselves through is worth it. :cheers:

Did you order through Ken ? If so may be you could get Dennis to grill a big 'ol steak dinner w/ all the trimmings ............ Kind of like a watching party .......... :D

zhopper05 09-29-2013 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bill B 1 (Post 1585041524)

Bill - I am being patient. But last Monday, things really got heated up and all over and in many different threads. My thoughts are to let people come here and vent in this single thread and we can try calming them down. They'll be more willing to listen to us than someone else who doesn't understand what they're going through.

Bill B 1 09-29-2013 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by zhopper05 (Post 1585041581)
Bill - I am being patient. But last Monday, things really got heated up and all over and in many different threads. My thoughts are to let people come here and vent in this single thread and we can try calming them down. They'll be more willing to listen to us than someone else who doesn't understand what they're going through.

Point taken :thumbs:....Might be a really good idea. I've been trying to give my "be patient" advise along these lines when I see the rant posts so maybe your on to something here! :cheers:

Bill B 1 09-29-2013 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyTX (Post 1585041569)
Did you order through Ken ? If so may be you could get Dennis to grill a big 'ol steak dinner w/ all the trimmings ............ Kind of like a watching party .......... :D

No I ordered through Menholt in Billings.....this is my first Corvette and I frankly never realized Ken was the "go to guy" in this area till after the fact. But if he insists on the steak dinner.....:lol:
You live near here? (edit) I just looked at your info and see you are in Texas....:cheers:

MikeyTX 09-29-2013 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bill B 1 (Post 1585041637)
No I ordered through Menholt in Billings.....this is my first Corvette and I frankly never realized Ken was the "go to guy" in this area till after the fact. But if he insists on the steak dinner.....:lol:
You live near here? (edit) I just looked at your info and see you are in Texas....:cheers:

No, I'm way down in TX. I do make a point of stopping by his place at least once a year during the summer when I'm on vacation. I like to do both Bear Tooth and Glacier. Either in the Vette or on my Harley.

WELEPRO 09-29-2013 02:16 PM

I'm very patient. And rarely complain about anything business related, I get to deal with that on a daily basis at work. I'm in the auto industry, and people occasionally lose there minds when dealing with cars.

That said, I want my flippin car!

#985, built 2 weeks ago, transferred to Nashville on Wednesday 9/25.

Bill B 1 09-29-2013 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyTX (Post 1585041668)
No, I'm way down in TX. I do make a point of stopping by his place at least once a year during the summer when I'm on vacation. I like to do both Bear Tooth and Glacier. Either in the Vette or on my Harley.

Cool! :cool: Living here I kinda take those things for granted, we ride our bikes over the pass many times per year and am looking forward to driving the Vette over as well.....wont be this year though, snow has been falling in the high country for the last week or so. :cheers:

zhopper05 09-29-2013 02:21 PM

Mine is VIN 106, built 8/28, sent to Nashville 9/17.

BTW, after seeing it in person for the first time few days ago - gotta tell ya'll, this baby is worth the wait - really.

Bill B 1 09-29-2013 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by zhopper05 (Post 1585041712)
Mine is VIN 106, built 8/28, sent to Nashville 9/17.

BTW, after seeing it in person for the first time few days ago - gotta tell ya'll, this baby is worth the wait - really.

:thumbs:

schilitj 09-29-2013 02:31 PM

VIN 00022 chiming in. I went to 3800 on 8/23, I think the first to post so. Since then I've gone to 4300-4D00-4B00-4D00 and finally yesterday to 4B00. Been in Nashville for 2 weeks. My dealer has had my invoice for a week.

I'm a very impatient A type personality. However, what can I or for that matter, any of us do but wait.

GM'er has given us a look into the inner workings of auto productions. If he hadn't none of us would be carping or bitching, just waiting patiently for the call from our dealers.

So, sit back and relax and wait for the call.

Pisswilly 09-29-2013 02:36 PM

I'm thinking the repairs on these cars take so long because GM waits till they have spare parts that won't upset production at BG. Then they ship them to Nashville to do repairs.

Frankiedabrush 09-29-2013 03:31 PM

Why are the cars in nashville? At first I thought it was QC. Is it ,they found something wrong and shipped them to Nashville to repair. I don't know where my car is!!!

Jeffer 09-29-2013 03:41 PM

serial number of your car

Originally Posted by schilitj (Post 1585041779)
VIN 00022 chiming in. I went to 3800 on 8/23, I think the first to post so. Since then I've gone to 4300-4D00-4B00-4D00 and finally yesterday to 4B00. Been in Nashville for 2 weeks. My dealer has had my invoice for a week.

I'm a very impatient A type personality. However, what can I or for that matter, any of us do but wait.

GM'er has given us a look into the inner workings of auto productions. If he hadn't none of us would be carping or bitching, just waiting patiently for the call from our dealers.

So, sit back and relax and wait for the call.

what colour is your car, that serial number has significance to me and maybe I need to buy it when you are done Jeffer

Drake Heminger 09-29-2013 03:56 PM

We understand QC I'm just upset because my car does have a problem and I want to know what it is

schilitj 09-29-2013 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffer (Post 1585042273)
what colour is your car, that serial number has significance to me and maybe I need to buy it when you are done Jeffer

Black on black,Z51,auto, msr, npp, black wheels and red calipers, 3LT

*C7* 09-29-2013 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585041443)
I actually legally own my car that is currently in Trashville... While I'm sure GM is taking care of our cars I also believe they couldn't give a crap fixing it quickly... They are damaged goods to them

Drake, you touched on a point there I was thinking about. If you, we, me actually own (ie:paid for) these cars can they be considered to be out of service as we don't have them ???

At the least they should inform us as to what is being done and they should be working on them 24-7.

Looks like I'm around mid-pack at VIN 618.

I feel positive that next week is going to be a good one. Let's hope:thumbs:

Drake Heminger 09-29-2013 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by *C7* (Post 1585042576)
Drake, you touched on a point there I was thinking about. If you, we, me actually own (ie:paid for) these cars can they be considered to be out of service as we don't have them ???

At the least they should inform us as to what is being done and they should be working on them 24-7.

Looks like I'm around mid-pack at VIN 618.

I feel positive that next week is going to be a good one. Let's hope:thumbs:

I'm hopeful they will too but who knows... I wish they would inform us just a little... Most of the card in Nashville have already been bought and dealers along with customers should demand answers... It's just wrong on their part

speedlink 09-29-2013 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585041443)

You couldn't be more wrong about not caring!:thumbs:

Top Vett 2014 09-29-2013 04:50 PM

My vin 466 built 9/4 has been there for 3 weeks, now get this my brother orders the exact same car as mine Red /Red, Z51, Auto, Trans Roof LT1 his was built last week vin 1881 and was sent to QC, I don't get it ???

EvilC7 09-29-2013 04:52 PM

At least Chrysler is transparent with the 2014 Jeep Cherokee transmission issues.. they have told the public the exact part having problems and havent hid anything. This whole Nashville debacle is pathetic and GM should be honest and transparent as to why cars are being sent to a satellite location to be fixed. NOT cool.

Drake Heminger 09-29-2013 05:05 PM

I don't think anyone will defend GM in this... They messed up by announcing "shipped to dealers" totally misleading the public... This is such an embarrassment... I have lost all respect for them at this point

LT4Rich 09-29-2013 05:34 PM

Where in Nashville!

Anyone know the address in Nashville where the C7s are being shipped? It would be nice to find out what exactly is being done there.

Frankiedabrush 09-29-2013 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585042696)
I'm hopeful they will too but who knows... I wish they would inform us just a little... Most of the card in Nashville have already been bought and dealers along with customers should demand answers... It's just wrong on their part

I wouldn't mind the delay,If I knew what was going on with my car. And it seems by the responses to this thread
that I'm not alone!!!

BeaZt 09-29-2013 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by LT4Rich (Post 1585043066)
Anyone know the address in Nashville where the C7s are being shipped? It would be nice to find out what exactly is being done there.

There are pics that a forum member took of that location in a thread somewhere

mt. view 09-29-2013 06:06 PM

vin 160 up here in the northwest. Has not shipped yet. Can not believe there isn't a full truck to head up here. It is sad that no one can tell you what is happening. My dealer told me it was in line to be shipped????? Not sure what number that is...

raycorvette2014 09-29-2013 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by mt. view (Post 1585043278)
vin 160 up here in the northwest. Has not shipped yet. Can not believe there isn't a full truck to head up here. It is sad that no one can tell you what is happening. My dealer told me it was in line to be shipped????? Not sure what number that is...

I dont think they like us up here in the Northwest.. They are waiting for it to snow.

CaryKen 09-29-2013 06:47 PM

http://cdn.meme.li/i/otyln.jpg

(Just trying to make light of the whole situation while I wait. I bought the car today to take advantage of the $1K voucher. I still have faith it will eventually show up.)

MikeyTX 09-29-2013 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bill B 1 (Post 1585041699)
Cool! :cool: Living here I kinda take those things for granted, we ride our bikes over the pass many times per year and am looking forward to driving the Vette over as well.....wont be this year though, snow has been falling in the high country for the last week or so. :cheers:

:ack::cry ................ :D Last fall the s/o and I finally got to do the pass from south to north. Weather was fantastic. Turned east on 308 and ate at a little cafe in Bearcreek. Excellent food. Hope it's still there as we plan on a return trip depending on my mother's health. Less than a week later the weather caved. :willy:

Drake Heminger 09-29-2013 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by CaryKen (Post 1585043630)
http://cdn.meme.li/i/otyln.jpg

(Just trying to make light of the whole situation while I wait. I bought the car today to take advantage of the $1K voucher. I still have faith it will eventually show up.)

You're in the same boat as me... My attorney (who is a close friend) advised my that according to VA law they must report any damage and or fixes made while in their possession

Bill B 1 09-29-2013 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyTX (Post 1585043929)
:ack::cry ................ :D Last fall the s/o and I finally got to do the pass from south to north. Weather was fantastic. Turned east on 308 and ate at a little cafe in Bearcreek. Excellent food. Hope it's still there as we plan on a return trip depending on my mother's health. Less than a week later the weather caved. :willy:

The Bearcreek Café......not sure if they are still open or not, haven't been there since probably before you were there. The owners were having some health problems last I heard.

MikeyTX 09-29-2013 08:20 PM

Yeah. That was talked about when we were there. Wife bought some cool kitchen knick nacks there. That's why she want's to go back.

michael m baily 09-29-2013 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyTX (Post 1585044414)
Yeah. That was talked about when we were there. Wife bought some cool kitchen knick nacks there. That's why she want's to go back.

What ever happened to the 900 dealers all getting one of the first Corvettes, I am # 368 built 9-4-13, live in Seattle, going to get the first one from my dealer, been in Nashville over two weeks, I have not seen nor heard of a C7 in the NW but many of the dealers in the east coast have many C7s and they have been seen everywhere but here....can you say frustrated !!!

FEAR 09-29-2013 09:26 PM

Here is where i am confused, my dealer has been frustrated with the lack of info from the dealer, on the 26th he was told that it was in kentycky and "had been pulled for quality inspection on 9/24" why the car sat for 20 days before being inspected who knows, but it sat in 4p00 for WEEKS. then about the 24th went to 4d00.

this is a chat conversation i had with gm chat on the 26th, thursday.

Thank you for holding. Here is the information that was provided to me. Your vehicle is still currently located in Bowling Green, KY and is in the last phase of the three part inspection. Unfortunately, I do not have detailed information of exactly what they do in these inspections, they do not provide me with that type of information. But it is currently at the tail end and should be put on the carrier any day now. May I ask what state you are located in, maybe I can provide you with an estimate timeline of what to expect when it ships.

FLORIDA

Oh, good. Relatively close to the plant. This should mean you should completely skip the shipping process of it traveling by railcar to a distribution center, then branching off from there onto trucks to the dealership. Because you are this close, your vehicle should come from the plant directly by truck. Now this is not set in stone, as they love to change things on me. There would be no way to automatically notify you when the vehicle ships. The best way to get the information would be by chatting back in with us.

that i thought was good news, followed up by an email from my rep on friday evening.

Thank you for contacting GM customer service in regards to your vehicle order, as promised, here is the update for 9/27/13. As of 4:00p.m. EST, there has been no change in the shipping process since the last time we checked. The vehicle is still stationed in quality control and has not been released to the carrier that it will be traveling on. Mondays seem to be one of the best update days, so I will check once again on Monday and e-mail you sometime before I leave the office, hopefully with a change in your status.

and that night i see gmer say iim at 4200!

so im stoked,.... then i see today im GOING TO NASHVILLE!! wtf!!! how can so many people have NO CLUE whats going on?

zhopper05 09-29-2013 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by FEAR (Post 1585044973)
Here is where i am confused, my dealer has been frustrated with the lack of info from the dealer, on the 26th he was told that it was in kentycky and "had been pulled for quality inspection on 9/24" why the car sat for 20 days before being inspected who knows, but it sat in 4p00 for WEEKS. then about the 24th went to 4d00.

Thank you for holding. Here is the information that was provided to me. Your vehicle is still currently located in Bowling Green, KY and is in the last phase of the three part inspection. Unfortunately, I do not have detailed information of exactly what they do in these inspections, they do not provide me with that type of information. But it is currently at the tail end and should be put on the carrier any day now. May I ask what state you are located in, maybe I can provide you with an estimate timeline of what to expect when it ships.

FLORIDA

Oh, good. Relatively close to the plant. This should mean you should completely skip the shipping process of it traveling by railcar to a distribution center, then branching off from there onto trucks to the dealership. Because you are this close, your vehicle should come from the plant directly by truck. Now this is not set in stone, as they love to change things on me. There would be no way to automatically notify you when the vehicle ships. The best way to get the information would be by chatting back in with us.

that i thought was good news, followed up by an email from my rep on friday evening.

Thank you for contacting GM customer service in regards to your vehicle order, as promised, here is the update for 9/27/13. As of 4:00p.m. EST, there has been no change in the shipping process since the last time we checked. The vehicle is still stationed in quality control and has not been released to the carrier that it will be traveling on. Mondays seem to be one of the best update days, so I will check once again on Monday and e-mail you sometime before I leave the office, hopefully with a change in your status.

so im stoked,.... then i see today im GOING TO NASHVILLE!! wtf!!! how can so many people have NO CLUE whats going on?

When was your car built?

zhopper05 09-29-2013 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by michael m baily (Post 1585044888)
What ever happened to the 900 dealers all getting one of the first Corvettes, I am # 368 built 9-4-13, live in Seattle, going to get the first one from my dealer, been in Nashville over two weeks, I have not seen nor heard of a C7 in the NW but many of the dealers in the east coast have many C7s and they have been seen everywhere but here....can you say frustrated !!!

Take a wild guess????

schilitj 09-29-2013 09:35 PM

"and that night i see gmer say iim at 4200!

so im stoked,.... then i see today im GOING TO NASHVILLE!! wtf!!! how can so many people have NO CLUE whats going on?"

don't worry. GM CS told me my C7 had gone from Nashville BACK to BG. I PMed GM'er and he told me not to worry, the car was still in Nashville. After weeks and weeks of bouncing between codes, I'm now at 4B00 and hope to see my car on a delivery truck this week.

runutzzzzz 09-29-2013 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by FEAR (Post 1585044973)

FLORIDA

First hint should have been that they said cars are currently shipping then my railcar, none are going rail.

I've gotten so much bad info from chat but I've also gotten some OK info.
I was once told that my car was getting shipped to my dealer in Nashville, TN :willy: Best bet is to CALL them. Person I spoke to was very helpful and told me correct info!

zhopper05 09-29-2013 09:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by schilitj (Post 1585045034)
"and that night i see gmer say iim at 4200!

so im stoked,.... then i see today im GOING TO NASHVILLE!! wtf!!! how can so many people have NO CLUE whats going on?"

don't worry. GM CS told me my C7 had gone from Nashville BACK to BG. I PMed GM'er and he told me not to worry, the car was still in Nashville. After weeks and weeks of bouncing between codes, I'm now at 4B00 and hope to see my car on a delivery truck this week.

And I was told by the chat line on 9/26 that my car was in Texas undergoing PDI causing me to drop everything and rush to the dealership to find out the info I was given was totally false.

With so much misinformation people eventually start to get impatient.

nightrace7 09-29-2013 10:14 PM

I'm afraid not all of our diverted cars are really in Nashville. I found out that an undisclosed number of them have actually been shipped to Roush Industries in Livonia Michigan, for reasons unknown to me. If anyone is aware of the details of this situation, please let us know. I thought Nashville was bad enough, now Michigan!

runutzzzzz 09-29-2013 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by nightrace7 (Post 1585045338)
I'm afraid not all of our diverted cars are really in Nashville. I found out that an undisclosed number of them have actually been shipped to Roush Industries in Livonia Michigan, for reasons unknown to me. If anyone is aware of the details of this situation, please let us know. I thought Nashville was bad enough, now Michigan!

Source of info? Proof?

zhopper05 09-29-2013 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz (Post 1585045391)
Source of info? Proof?

I read it about 30 minutes ago here on the CF, mentioned by one of the moderators, Cruiter, I think.

Also, have ya'll heard that Zipcode's car, the one that threw in a CEL at 140 miles, was just reported to be stuck in a parking lot in VA, will not go into Reverse.

Let's take a deep breath folks, and see what news and updates will surface in the morning.

nightrace7 09-29-2013 10:37 PM

My car had supposedly been in Nashville for a couple of weeks, and GM Global Connect showed the car at 5000(DELIVERED TO DEALER) which it was not. I finally called Jack Cooper Transport in Bowling Green, and they told me that my car, and some other early cars had actually been sent to Roush Industries in Livonia Michigan. They tell me they don't know why or for how long. My car is an all option automatic, vin#00031. There is no reference to the car being shipped there in GM Global Connect?

zhopper05 09-29-2013 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by nightrace7 (Post 1585045524)
My car had supposedly been in Nashville for a couple of weeks, and GM Global Connect showed the car at 5000(DELIVERED TO DEALER) which it was not. I finally called Jack Cooper Transport in Bowling Green, and they told me that my car, and some other early cars had actually been sent to Roush Industries in Livonia Michigan. They tell me they don't know why or for how long. My car is an all option automatic, vin#00031. There is no reference to the car being shipped there in GM Global Connect?

Thanks for the info. The plot thickens.

drtonyprimo 09-29-2013 10:44 PM

No one knows were my car is either (#518). GM Chat told me it was in Nashville........ However my dealer just informed me yesterday that they "don't have enough auto transports to get all of the cars shipped" from Bowling Green..... And it isn't in Nashville!!!!

So let's see....... My car was built during the beginning of the month...... And then put in a corner...... While others built after mine have already been shipped & delivered! Yeah right!

This has become one big circle jerk..... And the tail is definitely wagging the dog!

And I'm glad there's finally a blog specifically for us guys that are being screwed with and to bitch amongst ourselves...... Like a Fraternity!!!!

I'm sick of my forum mailbox being filled with "hate mail" because a lot of these douchbags....... That didn't even order a car...... Don't like my comments!

texvette2 09-29-2013 10:49 PM

if some are not in a hurry better to cancel. wait till get a few more under there
belt. Might see new color, options, or even an incentive vs full price

runutzzzzz 09-29-2013 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by nightrace7 (Post 1585045524)

Ohh.. Wow. Maybe they are going to give you a free SC for waiting?

That sucks. Wonder what other cars are getting sent up there.

zhopper05 09-29-2013 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by drtonyprimo (Post 1585045574)
No one knows were my car is either (#518). GM Chat told me it was in Nashville........ However my dealer just informed me yesterday that they "don't have enough auto transports to get all of the cars shipped" from Bowling Green..... And it isn't in Nashville!!!!

So let's see....... My car was built during the beginning of the month...... And then put in a corner...... While others built after mine have already been shipped & delivered! Yeah right!

This has become one big circle jerk..... And the tail is definitely wagging the dog!

And I'm glad there's finally a blog specifically for us guys that are being screwed with and to bitch amongst ourselves...... Like a Fraternity!!!!

I'm sick of my forum mailbox being filled with "hate mail" because a lot of these douchbags....... That didn't even order a car...... Don't like my comments!

Yeah - as I monitored developments over the past couple of days, I am afraid tomorrow morning people's frustration level may get worse than last Monday. I thought a dedicated thread may help keep the overall tension of the Forum down. it feel like we're beginning to get treated as the quarantined outcast.

Mariano 09-29-2013 11:27 PM

Built 9/12/13, status 3800; still at Bowling Green. To ease your frustration I will tell you; I wish I was at Nashville because that would mean it was a step closer to home.

As resident of Metro-Detroit, where it seems like almost everyone I know works in the auto industry, I know how complicated the new model roll-out process is in today's auto industry. Therefore, I can readily accept the wait.

I am patient and the car will be here soon. I just hope it is before the snow flies around Thanksgiving.

Alfie (Mariano)

zhopper05 09-29-2013 11:31 PM

I personally don't mind if my car has been taken to Roush's. At least I know it is being looked at properly.

When I bought my 07 Z, starting at around 400 miles, the car didn't have much power above 4k RPM. Took it to 3 dealers, and none were able to figure out what was wrong. It took Lingenfelter and an extra $5k in labor beyond the quoted 630HP package to finally resolve it. It ran perfect ever since.

I would much rather have any issues or deficiencies discovered this early be handled this way. But I don't want to be kept in the dark.

zhopper05 09-29-2013 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Alfie43 (Post 1585045821)
Built 9/12/13, status 3800; still at Bowling Green. To ease your frustration I will tell you; I wish I was at Nashville because that would mean it was a step closer to home.

As resident of Metro-Detroit, where it seems like almost everyone I know works in the auto industry, I know how complicated the new model roll-out process is in today's auto industry. Therefore, I can readily accept the wait.

I am patient and the car will be here soon. I just hope it is before the snow flies around Thanksgiving.

Alfie (Mariano)

What if you find out that after your car was built in August and it's October now, was taken to Nashville for QC, then to Detroit for some more QC, with no end in sight, and no explanation as to the reasons why, as some CF members are just learning? Would you still readily accept and wait? If that's true, Man, I wish I have your patience.

Drake Heminger 09-30-2013 12:25 AM

If I don't find out tommorow exactly where my already bought car is I will report it missing... GM will have a field day with that one

FEAR 09-30-2013 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by zhopper05 (Post 1585045021)
When was your car built?

9/5. Vin 412

dvandentop 09-30-2013 01:05 AM

what does roush produce on the c7's??

WildVettes 09-30-2013 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by dvandentop (Post 1585046245)
what does roush produce on the c7's??

I am researching but they were definitely involved in engineering the Stingray. If they are being shipped there it probably isn't a good sign :(.

Here is an employee review of their job posted Sept. 13th.

"Engineer (Current Employee), Warren, MI – September 13, 2013
I enjoy working with vehicles and the fact that I've advanced to become an Engineer with the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray in the palm of my hand without having a degree has been an amazing experience. However, I do disagree with the pay. I enjoy working with my co-workers, sometimes work could get a little hectic but maintaining a positive attitude is a plus. The hardest part of the job is when everyone wants you to do a specific task such as writing work orders for vehicles on top of looking up diagnoses for another set of vehicles at the same time.The most enjoyable part of the job is testing the vehicle's performance and handling, and also brainstorming with GM Engineers when issues occur."

Could be anything, nothing further to learn here other than it is something...

Founded in 1976, Roush is a full-service product development supplier headquartered in
Livonia, Michigan, with over 3,000 employees in facilities located throughout North America.
Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, product development, and manufacturing
services to the transportation industry
, Roush also provides significant support to the consumer
product, life science, and defense industries. Service offerings include design, body, chassis,
powertrain, electrical, and NVH engineering, tooling, machining, rapid prototyping, advanced
composites, fabrication, and assembly.

Roush’s diverse customer base includes clients such as Ford Motor Company, Chrysler,
General Motors, Navistar, General Dynamics, Textron, AM General, GE Healthcare, Stryker,
and Merck. Roush is a subsidiary of Roush Enterprises, Inc., parent company of Roush
Fenway Racing; Roush Performance, developer and manufacturer of performance vehicles and
products for the automotive aftermarket; Roush CleanTech, developer and manufacturer of
propane-powered trucks and vans for the fleet vehicle market; and Roush Life Sciences,
developer and manufacturer of products for the healthcare and life science industries. To learn
more, visit www.roush.com.

Could be GM going WTF on their new 160+million factory overhaul. I wouldn't be surprised if Roush was instrumental in the BG upgrade.

WildVettes 09-30-2013 01:53 AM

De Ja Vu? This is stupid scary. 9 years later and they are still having these issues? What is worse is their response blew up in their faces last time and they literally responded to the issue in THE EXACT SAME WAY they did last time. :crazy2:

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...p/t-44035.html

:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

"Originally posted by Old ZXXVIII
Great information billygee.

Here is what I was told today by my dealer:

Mine was shipped by Allied Trucking to Roush Industries, Livonia, MI to have a "power steering update". Allied has confirmed to him that it is scheduled to leave from Livonia September 29 (tomorrow). He expects it to arrive Monday or Tuesday.

BS or not, I don't know but I put my cash down almost a year ago along with two other guys and this dealer knows we don't like BS.

So I seriously doubt that he would set an expectation that I was going to get the car next week if he wasn't pretty confident in the information.

Later
Neal

Well I finnally got my answer, I really hope this is not your case Neil, if it turns out to be e-mail me on the side and I will get you to the person I noted below that I would not give out his name:

First off here is a cry for help from Allied Trucking to GM, they deserve it, learn a lesson, just be honest...:

> Good Morning,
>
> Our office at Allied Automotive is begging for help this morning, our phones start ringing at 0700 in the morning and don't stop during the day with calls from individuals looking for information on their Corvette. There are only 3 people that work in our department and we are repsonible for movement of thousands of vehicles daily. There is no department in our company for vehicle tracking and we have become the owners of this service. The Corvette buyers are not just calling once, it is everyday looking for new information. They need to make their dealership work for the sale. We are more than happy to check on any vehicle needed but the repeat calling does NOT make the vehicle move any faster. Please ask on our behalf that they use their dealership as the FIRST outlet and make them check the VEHICLE TRACK AND TRACE SYSTEM THAT ALLIED OFFERS TO DEALERS TO TRACK THEIR VEHICLES. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
>
> LORRETTA J. ADAMS - ALLIED AUTOMOTIVE GROUP

Second:

I can understand this and there is no way I would accept that Allied should be pestered by Vette owners wanting to know real time information on their cars. However that was not me, all I have been asking the: Dealer, DCB, VOMS, GM Customer service, NCM, and the Plant is, "my car shows Shipped what date did it go onto the truck to my dealer?" That very, very simple question has gotten me so many tales that it got me mader and mader and made me quest for information more and more.

Anyway as I have been typing this e-mail I got a call on my cell from one of the Exec's at GM (since he was honest I am not releasing his name or number), and he just explained to me what the deal is:

My car #351 has been randomly pulled for a quality check, he explained to me that there is nothing wrong with these cars and that they pull cars to do visual checks all the time. With the Z06 roll-out they have been pulling a lot of cars and mine happens to be one. I asked how long this will take and he said after telling me to sit down, 3 to 4 weeks, then it will go back to Allied to ship. He said in all honesty I am looking at around 6 weeks before my dealer gets the car. His car shipped ten days later and it was a recall after all and not a quality inspection.

Well I guess the squeaky wheel gets the oil as always...so I won the battle however I lost the war.

So if your car shows shipped and it's been over two weeks and no one will give you any information on where it is, it's with mine in the middle of nowhere waiting to be poked at for 6 weeks.

Atleast I finnally got the correct answer from GM..."

"Thanks for all the posts.

The only problem I have here is the fact that GM will not just be honest and let the end user know what is going on, that simple, it really is not a big deal if they just told the truth. No matter what it's going to get out in time, why piss off good customers???

I am super happy for everyone that have gotten their cars, I would never bash any of them because my car has a lower vin number then yours, that's stupid.

When I got the first 405 Z06 delivered in 02' and went to luguna Seca for the Aug. event, I was shuned by the 385HP'ers because of what GM did to them by increasing the HP of the car that next year, if interested I have noted this in another post.

So bottom line just tell the truth GM and the wait will be much easier for most."

"10-07-2005, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by davcarl
Has cancelled crossed you mind and to wait until later.

Heard from a dealer today on a car being shipped to Portland that there will be a piece of paper in the car explaining what has been done to the car by Rousch, in Dearborn. All someone had to do was tell us what is going on.

No because even with this wait the car is going to be worth it.

Also by saying to them F U GM I cancell the order all you will get is a laugh, it's not like the old days when companies really wanted to have good customers.

GM will sell every Vette they make no matter what so why would they care. Hell they won't even tell us where our cars are. Also the dealers don't care they have a list a mile deep of people who want these cars so...NEXT..."

"09-30-2005, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Old ZXXVIII
The dealer called and mine was here today. Apparently they originally read it as being shipped today, but delivery was today. It is in the garage now. I have a big smile on my face.

I hope yours comes soon. I had resigned myself to waiting at least several more weeks.

The car came from Roush Industries, Lavonia, MI. It did not come from Bowling Green. I saw the bill of lading and watched the dealership sign off on the delivery paperwork.

Very cool! Have fun with it.:)"

"10-16-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by davcarl
BillyGee, Talked to the dealer yesterday and he inofrmed me that 340 is still bayed. He has received his invoice but now I wonder if the wait is for the availability of a transport.

I am currently in the same place waiting...it looks like both of our cars have been sitting Bayed for a couple of weeks now... another GM screw up.

Now get ready for this when we finally get our cars we will have a nice note in it from GM, (that's if our dealers do not throw it away) telling why there are a lot of mile on our cars. It will note that our cars were picked for quality testing or some S*** like that and that's, that, basically Thanks, FU, what are you going to do about it, Bye.

This kills me after buying over 100 GM products over the years, I even have a fleet # with them for my business with this Vette being my fifth. GM is making a killing on the C6 and Z06, they do not have to pull customer orders for testing, they could sch. that every 100 or so cars one is a test car that will then be sent to a dealer as an open order or a dealer car after testing. Why F us. The whole GM reborn deal is a load of S***.

At this point we have no choice but to take what we can get from the Ass's at GM and like it, however I am going to stop buying all my fleets and personal cars from them in the future, not that it will make one bit of a difference to GM but it will to me." I am guessing they didn't take this as a learning opportunity last time as I was told by my CAC rep this time "We are taking this as a learning opportunity for our company". :lol:

WildVettes 09-30-2013 02:12 AM

These guys had built cars for 70 days before they finally shipped. :(

EvilC7 09-30-2013 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Alfie43 (Post 1585045821)

Alfie (Mariano)

What is funny is there are lots of people who's cars were built less than 7 days ago and they are sitting in their garage now. Don't you ever think... why should you need to wait until Thanksgiving when others are warming the seats up as we speed with VINs in the 1500+ ranges...

Drake Heminger 09-30-2013 02:44 AM

I feel your pain Widvettes... This is so wrong on so many levels...

WildVettes 09-30-2013 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585046417)

Wonder why the truth came out last time?

Drake Heminger 09-30-2013 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by WildVettes (Post 1585046424)
Wonder why the truth came out last time?

Its sad that I already own the vehicle registered insured and all... This is madness... If I don't get an answer tommorow I will report my car missing... Because it is infact missing... CS has no idea where my car is at the moment... Been told TX, KY, and TN all in one day

midnightbluS10 09-30-2013 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585042849)
I don't think anyone will defend GM in this... They messed up by announcing "shipped to dealers" totally misleading the public... This is such an embarrassment... I have lost all respect for them at this point

lol wow

Watchin all you people complain about having to wait is ridiculous.

You lost all respect for them because they want to send you a perfect car and not one that needs repairs immediately? I think you need to take a step back and look at this through different "eyes".

They're not doing this just to piss you off.

RLK 09-30-2013 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by Pisswilly (Post 1585041808)
I'm thinking the repairs on these cars take so long because GM waits till they have spare parts that won't upset production at BG. Then they ship them to Nashville to do repairs.

This is exactly correct. They are waiting on parts to be shipped from the vendors direct to Nashville where they have a crew of repair people working on changing out the bad parts. They can not just take the parts from factory stock because of just in time parts stocking policy.

RLK 09-30-2013 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585046417)

This is why you should never ever buy a first year Corvette. Thank God I didnt fall into the trap this time around. The C5 lemon GM served me up in 1997 was a good lesson.

crazycrabber 09-30-2013 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by midnightbluS10 (Post 1585046456)
lol wow

You lost all respect for them because they want to send you a perfect car and not one that needs repairs immediately? I think you need to take a step back and look at this through different "eyes".

Nice edit on your post. :yesnod:

runutzzzzz 09-30-2013 07:48 AM

lol wow

I don't think we are complaining about getting a "perfect car", it's that we have no clue what is wrong with them. In a few weeks no one will even bring this "QC" hold up.

In the meantime, what the hold up may be:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...c-hold-10.html
Warning, only click if you have a sense of humor, otherwise move along. :D

bluedevil 1 09-30-2013 08:03 AM

Lost

Premier edition #53 shipped on 9/20 and invoiced to dealer. From there, only the good lord knows. Nobody seems to be able (or willing) to answer as to where it might have been shipped to.

sprtplt 09-30-2013 08:33 AM

You lost all respect for them because they want to send you a perfect car .

Seriously? Perfect car? Which GM have you dealt with that would lead you to believe this? More likely, some delayed cars will ship with problems still present, or problems hidden or repaired questionably.

zhopper05 09-30-2013 08:39 AM

So QC Hold can be interpreted as a car has failed quality check. From the latest reports it seems some cars have had their issues resolved in Nashville but other ones have had to be forwarded to Michigan.

May I remind ya'll please keep the rants to a minimum or at least civil, as we learn the fate of our cars this morning.

runutzzzzz 09-30-2013 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by zhopper05 (Post 1585047100)
So QC Hold can be interpreted as a car has failed quality check. From the latest reports it seems some cars have had their issues resolved in Nashville but other ones have had to be forwarded to Michigan.

May I remind ya'll please keep the rants to a minimum or at least civil, as we learn the fate of our cars this morning.

You are making it sound like they are going to the crusher!

zhopper05 09-30-2013 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz (Post 1585047120)
You are making it sound like they are going to the crusher!

Hope not!!!

musclecar6 09-30-2013 09:19 AM

How's it going guys ? Probably wish you had waited for at least 6 month's till all this very normal startup stuff was behind us before placing an order. A lot of us have been down this road in the past, and been there, done that. As much as we'd like a new C7 too, we'll hold off and enjoy our C6's for at least 2015 or later, especially if a new tranny surfaces in 2015. Don't want to be the guinea pigs for that one either.

Drake Heminger 09-30-2013 09:29 AM

CS said there is a bulletin stating that Nashville cars are scheduled to leave Nashville and to dealers by 10/31

b4i4getit 09-30-2013 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by musclecar6 (Post 1585047339)
How's it going guys ? Probably wish you had waited for at least 6 month's till all this very normal startup stuff was behind us before placing an order. A lot of us have been down this road in the past, and been there, done that. As much as we'd like a new C7 too, we'll hold off and enjoy our C6's for at least 2015 or later, especially if a new tranny surfaces in 2015. Don't want to be the guinea pigs for that one either.

I agree with you and that is why I will wait this one out. However I do think it is poor that GM can't even tell these guys what is happening with their cars. I think as a public relations move GM would be better off announcing that they have to replace the transmissions, engines, whatever on a group of cars to ensure customer satisfaction. Not saying what is going on is not right. :ack:

schilitj 09-30-2013 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585047387)
CS said there is a bulletin stating that Nashville cars are scheduled to leave Nashville and to dealers by 10/31

10/31 :eek:

ZishanM 09-30-2013 09:38 AM

I think its awful that GM is putting you through this. One or two day delay I can understand, but making the first people who order (part of your best customer base), wait the longest without a clear communication on whats going is idiotic.

Hang in there guys, it'll be here soon.

WELEPRO 09-30-2013 10:04 AM

GM Chat told me this morning that my car is all done in Nashville, and waiting for a truck to pick it up. GM'ers update from this morning shows it at 4B00 now, so I believe that validates what I was told.

For what it's worth, my car got to Nashville on Wednesday 9/25, so it was there for less than a week.

Drake Heminger 09-30-2013 10:32 AM

I talked to a supervisor at CS and she said that cars held in Nashville will be released by 10/31

runutzzzzz 09-30-2013 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585047921)
I talked to a supervisor at CS and she said that cars held in Nashville will be released by 10/31

If so good luck getting any where on your "purchased" car :eek:

Did you call or did you chat?

Drake Heminger 09-30-2013 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz (Post 1585048037)
If so good luck getting any where on your "purchased" car :eek:

Did you call or did you chat?

I called at 9:30 this morning... I told him I'm going to report that I asked for my property and GM is illegally holding it against my will thus considered a 4th amendment violation, which states no person, civilian or government, shall seize property without a judicial warrant

runutzzzzz 09-30-2013 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585048083)
I called at 9:30 this morning... I told him I'm going to report that I asked for my property and GM is illegally holding it against my will thus considered a 4th amendment violation, which states no person, civilian or government shall seizure property without a judicial warrant

Don't think you are going to get very far with GM. They are going to tell you to take it up with your dealer.

Sin City 09-30-2013 10:51 AM

I called at 9:30 this morning... I told him I'm going to report that I asked for my property and GM is illegally holding it against my will thus considered a 4th amendment violation, which states no person, civilian or government, shall seize property without a judicial warrant

Did you pay for it yet? Seems you don't hold title therefore you can't claim it as "your property".

BlueOx 09-30-2013 10:52 AM

You have talked to your lawyer about this?

Drake Heminger 09-30-2013 10:52 AM

:

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz (Post 1585048093)
Don't think you are going to get very far with GM. They are going to tell you to take it up with your dealer.

I don't see why... GM is the one holding the vehicle... My dealer has nothing to do with this... They are honest people who run my dealer

Drake Heminger 09-30-2013 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Sin City (Post 1585048100)
Did you pay for it yet? Seems you don't hold title therefore you can't claim it as "your property".

USAA hold the title but I have power of attorney over the property which is why legally I can do what I please with it as long as I agree to the terms and conditions of the contract

Drake Heminger 09-30-2013 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1585048104)
You have talked to your lawyer about this?

Yes I did... I may push forward only to get answers as to why my car is being held

Bill B 1 09-30-2013 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by WELEPRO (Post 1585047664)
GM Chat told me this morning that my car is all done in Nashville, and waiting for a truck to pick it up. GM'ers update from this morning shows it at 4B00 now, so I believe that validates what I was told.

For what it's worth, my car got to Nashville on Wednesday 9/25, so it was there for less than a week.

My car went to 4B00 as well # 151 been in the pen for 2 weeks. Hopefully what you were told by CS is correct! :thumbs:

Sin City 09-30-2013 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585048107)
:

I don't see why... GM is the one holding the vehicle... My dealer has nothing to do with this... They are honest people who run my dealer

What if the repair or inspection has to do with a Federal regulation (like safety or emissions)? Are you going to sue the Feds?

FEAR 09-30-2013 10:55 AM

For those in Nashville. Did you show 4200 from bg and then change code when it got to Nashville?

Drake Heminger 09-30-2013 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Sin City (Post 1585048130)
What if the repair or inspection has to do with a Federal regulation (like safety or emissions)? Are you going to sue the Feds?

Then that is different and still a win for me because then I would know exactly what is wrong with my car

Drake Heminger 09-30-2013 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by FEAR (Post 1585048133)
For those in Nashville. Did you show 4200 from bg and then change code when it got to Nashville?

Yes it should changed to 4300 the next day

Sin City 09-30-2013 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585048136)
Then that is different and still a win for me because then I would know exactly what is wrong with my car

Win???? This is about winning and losing? I thought it was about getting your car.

Who says there's anything "wrong" with the car? Maybe its just being inspected?

To me, you have two choices

Tell the dealer you don't want this car and ask for your deposit back (or order a new one).

Wait.

Anything else is a waste of people's time.

Drake Heminger 09-30-2013 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Sin City (Post 1585048163)
Win???? This is about winning and losing? I thought it was about getting your car.

Who says there's anything "wrong" with the car? Maybe its just being inspected?

To me, you have two choices

Tell the dealer you don't want this car and ask for your deposit back (or order a new one).

Wait.

Anything else is a waste of people's time.

I already bought the car... I have no options except demand my property

Sin City 09-30-2013 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Drake Heminger (Post 1585048179)
I already bought the car... I have no options except demand my property

So you already gave them all the money for the car? Why don't you have the title? Seems to me it's more like car theft then.

Drake Heminger 09-30-2013 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Sin City (Post 1585048187)
So you already gave them all the money for the car? Why don't you have the title? Seems to me it's more like car theft then.

I am guaranteed the title by my bank yes