Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ
Search
C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Kerbeck Corvettes

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
zhopper05
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

 
zhopper05's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2007
Location: League City TX
Default Nashville Quarantine Inmates - Post Complaints Here!!!

Last Monday, after a long weekend of waiting, and watching other cars being delivered, many of us we hoping to see movements in the "in-transit to delivery direction". Instead, we were disappointed with the lack of hoped/anticipated movement. As a result, several of us flooded the threads with complaints about what's going on, resulting in some over the top unnecessary comments.

Being one of those Nashville victims myself, I am frustrated with the wait and I do feel the need to vent at times. Even my wife, who is just as anxious as I am to get the car, has grown sick and tired of my bi*chin and complaints to her.

So, in order to free up other threads to more useful issues, please, I suggest we use this thread and only this thread to vent our frustrations with each other. We alone can relate to one another. Hopefully this venue can help some of us vent and calm down, as it's only a matter of time before our babies get released.

If you like to participate, state your VIN # and date of arrival at Nashville.

If your car was in Nashville and has been released, please share your story as well.

***** Please keep it civil, clean, and fun. Humor is encouraged.
__________________
PLEASE LIKE US ON FACEBOOK - C7ZRAY



Current fleet
2014 Stingray Z51 (VIN #0106) - Quarantine Edition
1968 Convertible (being restored)
2004 Hummer H2-R / 441 Supercharged - The Beast
1991 BMW 850-I - V12
2005 BMW 645-CI
2004 BMW Z-4
2003 MINI Cooper S
2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2008 Benz C-300
2007 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan
2013 Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja

Sold but not forgotten
2007 Z06-R LPE 630HP
2005 Coupe
1998 Coupe
1987 Coupe
1985 Coupe
1984 Coupe

Last edited by zhopper05; 09-29-2013 at 01:41 PM.
zhopper05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
Pisswilly
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2013
Default

Vin 448 sent to prison on 9/26. Sat in BG for 21 days.

Last edited by Pisswilly; 09-29-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Pisswilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #3
Drake Heminger
CF Senior Member
 
Drake Heminger's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Default

I actually legally own my car that is currently in Trashville... While I'm sure GM is taking care of our cars I also believe they couldn't give a crap fixing it quickly... They are damaged goods to them
Drake Heminger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
Pisswilly
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2013
Default

Anyone thinking of canceling and re-ordering at later date?
Pisswilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
Bill B 1
CF Senior Member
 
Bill B 1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2013
Location: Billings Montana
Bill Blaquiere
Default

Venting only tends to fuel the fire and keep you on edge, why put yourself through that??
I'm just gonna be patient and live vicariously through the posts of others that have their cars....really enjoying the excitement and impressions they have!
Good luck to those that choose to use this thread for it's intended use, I hope the frustration you put yourselves through is worth it.

(edit) By the way I'm vin 151 and have been in "the Ville" for a couple weeks now.

Last edited by Bill B 1; 09-29-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Bill B 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
BlueOx
CF Senior Member
 
BlueOx's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopper05 View Post
Last Monday, after a long weekend of waiting, and watching other cars being delivered, many of us we hoping to see movements in the "in-transit to delivery direction". Instead, we were disappointed with the lack of hoped/anticipated movement. As a result, several of us flooded the threads with complaints about what's going on, resulting in some over the top unnecessary comments.

Being one of those Nashville victims myself, I am frustrated with the wait and I do feel the need to vent at times. Even my wife, who is just as anxious as I am to get the car, has grown sick and tired of my bi*chin and complaints to her.

So, in order to free up other threads to more useful issues, please, I suggest we use this thread and only this thread to vent our frustrations with each other. We alone can relate to one another. Hopefully this venue can help some of us vent and calm down, as it's only a matter of time before our babies get released.

If you like to participate, state your VIN # and date of arrival at Nashville.

If your car was in Nashville and has been released, please share your story as well.

***** Please keep it civil, clean, and fun. Humor is encouraged.
She's just another one of the thousands...
BlueOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #7
MikeyTX
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!
 
MikeyTX's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Maypearl TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill B 1 View Post
Venting only tends to fuel the fire and keep you on edge, why put yourself through that??
I'm just gonna be patient and live vicariously through the posts of others that have their cars....really enjoying the excitement and impressions they have!
Good luck to those that choose to use this thread for it's intended use, I hope the frustration you put yourselves through is worth it.
Did you order through Ken ? If so may be you could get Dennis to grill a big 'ol steak dinner w/ all the trimmings ............ Kind of like a watching party ..........
MikeyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #8
zhopper05
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

 
zhopper05's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2007
Location: League City TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill B 1 View Post
Venting only tends to fuel the fire and keep you on edge, why put yourself through that??
I'm just gonna be patient and live vicariously through the posts of others that have their cars....really enjoying the excitement and impressions they have!
Good luck to those that choose to use this thread for it's intended use, I hope the frustration you put yourselves through is worth it.
Bill - I am being patient. But last Monday, things really got heated up and all over and in many different threads. My thoughts are to let people come here and vent in this single thread and we can try calming them down. They'll be more willing to listen to us than someone else who doesn't understand what they're going through.
zhopper05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #9
Bill B 1
CF Senior Member
 
Bill B 1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2013
Location: Billings Montana
Bill Blaquiere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopper05 View Post
Bill - I am being patient. But last Monday, things really got heated up and all over and in many different threads. My thoughts are to let people come here and vent in this single thread and we can try calming them down. They'll be more willing to listen to us than someone else who doesn't understand what they're going through.
Point taken ....Might be a really good idea. I've been trying to give my "be patient" advise along these lines when I see the rant posts so maybe your on to something here!
Bill B 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #10
Bill B 1
CF Senior Member
 
Bill B 1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2013
Location: Billings Montana
Bill Blaquiere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTX View Post
Did you order through Ken ? If so may be you could get Dennis to grill a big 'ol steak dinner w/ all the trimmings ............ Kind of like a watching party ..........
No I ordered through Menholt in Billings.....this is my first Corvette and I frankly never realized Ken was the "go to guy" in this area till after the fact. But if he insists on the steak dinner.....
You live near here? (edit) I just looked at your info and see you are in Texas....
Bill B 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #11
MikeyTX
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14
Support Corvetteforum!
 
MikeyTX's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Maypearl TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill B 1 View Post
No I ordered through Menholt in Billings.....this is my first Corvette and I frankly never realized Ken was the "go to guy" in this area till after the fact. But if he insists on the steak dinner.....
You live near here? (edit) I just looked at your info and see you are in Texas....
No, I'm way down in TX. I do make a point of stopping by his place at least once a year during the summer when I'm on vacation. I like to do both Bear Tooth and Glacier. Either in the Vette or on my Harley.
MikeyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #12
WELEPRO
CF Senior Member
 
WELEPRO's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2007
Location: Springfield IL
Default

I'm very patient. And rarely complain about anything business related, I get to deal with that on a daily basis at work. I'm in the auto industry, and people occasionally lose there minds when dealing with cars.

That said, I want my flippin car!

#985, built 2 weeks ago, transferred to Nashville on Wednesday 9/25.
WELEPRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #13
Bill B 1
CF Senior Member
 
Bill B 1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2013
Location: Billings Montana
Bill Blaquiere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTX View Post
No, I'm way down in TX. I do make a point of stopping by his place at least once a year during the summer when I'm on vacation. I like to do both Bear Tooth and Glacier. Either in the Vette or on my Harley.
Cool! Living here I kinda take those things for granted, we ride our bikes over the pass many times per year and am looking forward to driving the Vette over as well.....wont be this year though, snow has been falling in the high country for the last week or so.
Bill B 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #14
zhopper05
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

 
zhopper05's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2007
Location: League City TX
Default

Mine is VIN 106, built 8/28, sent to Nashville 9/17.

BTW, after seeing it in person for the first time few days ago - gotta tell ya'll, this baby is worth the wait - really.
zhopper05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #15
Bill B 1
CF Senior Member
 
Bill B 1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2013
Location: Billings Montana
Bill Blaquiere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopper05 View Post
Mine is VIN 106, built 8/28, sent to Nashville 9/17.

BTW, after seeing it in person for the first time few days ago - gotta tell ya'll, this baby is worth the wait - really.
Bill B 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #16
schilitj
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13
Support Corvetteforum!

 
schilitj's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2004
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Default

VIN 00022 chiming in. I went to 3800 on 8/23, I think the first to post so. Since then I've gone to 4300-4D00-4B00-4D00 and finally yesterday to 4B00. Been in Nashville for 2 weeks. My dealer has had my invoice for a week.

I'm a very impatient A type personality. However, what can I or for that matter, any of us do but wait.

GM'er has given us a look into the inner workings of auto productions. If he hadn't none of us would be carping or bitching, just waiting patiently for the call from our dealers.

So, sit back and relax and wait for the call.
schilitj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #17
Pisswilly
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2013
Default

I'm thinking the repairs on these cars take so long because GM waits till they have spare parts that won't upset production at BG. Then they ship them to Nashville to do repairs.
Pisswilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #18
Frankiedabrush
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2013
Default

Why are the cars in nashville? At first I thought it was QC. Is it ,they found something wrong and shipped them to Nashville to repair. I don't know where my car is!!!
Frankiedabrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #19
Jeffer
CF Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2013
Default serial number of your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by schilitj View Post
VIN 00022 chiming in. I went to 3800 on 8/23, I think the first to post so. Since then I've gone to 4300-4D00-4B00-4D00 and finally yesterday to 4B00. Been in Nashville for 2 weeks. My dealer has had my invoice for a week.

I'm a very impatient A type personality. However, what can I or for that matter, any of us do but wait.

GM'er has given us a look into the inner workings of auto productions. If he hadn't none of us would be carping or bitching, just waiting patiently for the call from our dealers.

So, sit back and relax and wait for the call.
what colour is your car, that serial number has significance to me and maybe I need to buy it when you are done Jeffer
Jeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #20
Drake Heminger
CF Senior Member
 
Drake Heminger's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2013
Default

We understand QC I'm just upset because my car does have a problem and I want to know what it is
Drake Heminger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:56 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page Nashville Quarantine Inmates - Post Complaints Here!!!
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:23 PM.


Emails & Password Backup

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2