CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Shhhhh Don't Tell GM but I Got A Chance To Drive A C7 Yesterday... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3325048-shhhhh-dont-tell-gm-but-i-got-a-chance-to-drive-a-c7-yesterday.html)

Kingspoke 08-19-2013 02:18 PM

It's interesting to note the difference of opinion between Tom Peters' comment that, "We tried rounds and quite frankly it made the car look old and didn't work in this form volcabulary"...

On the other hand Ed Welbourne, V.P. of Global Design, states in 2:32 that, "Rounds would have worked but just wouldn't have been as cool". Both agree on the need to go in a different direction and/or shake things up!

FiremanC7 08-19-2013 02:36 PM

If you notice, the 2014 Comaro has a totally new rear end. The rear lights are one piece, all LED units. So much for family traits!

69L79 08-19-2013 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Virtual Geezer (Post 1584704709)
It's important, IMHO, to note that the General changed the tailights on the 2014 Camaro. Wonder why?

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ps3f9f3da5.jpg

IMO, that is an ugly rear end, for sure. GM did the Vette a favor by putting that rear end on the Camaro. :yesnod:

florida john 08-19-2013 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by vet55 (Post 1584708166)
So who's gonna build it first, and
how much will the rear end mod kit
go for to change out the bumper
and the lights? :rock:

Even the faux Ferrari tail featured in a forum post last week looks better than the new C7. Yeah, I understand that the "tear ducts" of the C7 tail lights are actually air ducts for aero effects and cooling rear brakes. However, when I see the new tail, I think of Camaro or some recent Japanese sedans.

colo63sw 08-19-2013 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1584705949)
You clowns never stop, first you all bitch and moan that we who don't like the C7 go to that section just to "troll" and talk down the car. The usual reaction is "go back to the C6 section," now here you are in the
C6 section telling someone to give it a rest!

Maybe you and all of the C7 supporters should realize that a product is only as good as its followers and if enough followers are very disenchanted with the product than the maker of that product should listen to the complaints. It is far beyond me as to why the people who like the C7 defend any criticism of it. Get over it, if those who don't like it want to express their opinion we will. Maybe GM will fix what they broke!!

Well Dan,
Maybe you and some others think GM ruined the C7 But I think it looks great. It looks much improved in every category over a C6. And think about this….
I called a local dealer and asked how many C7s they were allotted and how long was their waiting list; the answers were 29 & 100.
I think dealers will sell every 2014 C7 they can get, they will be sold out shortly after production stops, if not before.

85mcss 08-19-2013 03:55 PM

If they got rid of the "teardrops" on the ends of the taillights, I'd buy one.. looking forward to seeing some boosted LT1s..

Kingspoke 08-19-2013 06:11 PM

I think initially they will sell like hot cakes, but by the fall/winter of 2014 some of the excitement over of the new generation base C7 might wane, as more hit the road and typical growing pains emerge.

With the vert coming out by then and a H.O. right behind it, sales could be strong overall for at least two years. I think the style of the C7 however will not sustain it for a run like the C6, despite all the technological advances in performance & handling.

I think it's very good Corvette, but I think G.M. management got to far afield in the styling department (mainly the hatch & back end), and abandoned their signature trademark. A form of eliptical concave twin LEDs would have worked to maintain the signature trademark, but rear end would have to be reworked alltogether. To me the car does not flow as one car front to back. I love the front clip (minus the fangs)!

I'm thinking they kinda boxed themselves in with the rear end and then compromised with the lights. Who knows?

txsugar08 08-19-2013 07:52 PM

You can talk about the C7 with your likes and dislikes but at the end of the day you only have two choces.
1. Buy one
2. Dont buy one.

Kingspoke 08-19-2013 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by txsugar08 (Post 1584711154)
You can talk about the C7 with your likes and dislikes but at the end of the day you only have two choces.
1. Buy one
2. Dont buy one.

That's true, and G.M. better hope there's less of the latter.

If you don't listen to your customers when they voice their opinions you won't be in business very long!

Red12 08-19-2013 09:03 PM

I`m glad I didn`t wait.

hawkgfr 08-19-2013 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by txsugar08 (Post 1584711154)
1. Buy one
2. Dont buy one.

Actually that isn't true. You and LIKE it and not buy one...You can Not like it and not buy one...You can like it and not buy one....You can NOT like it and buy one....you can not like it and talk about it...you and like it and talk about it....you could care less and talk about it...you could....and on and on and on...:thumbs:

SkyTopp 08-19-2013 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by 89L98 (Post 1584708644)
IMO, that is an ugly rear end, for sure. GM did the Vette a favor by putting that rear end on the Camaro. :yesnod:

:iagree: I'm not liking the new Camaro rear either it's not sporty looking enough looks more like a mid sized sedan or modern day Monte Carlo type styling.

TerryL 08-19-2013 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by hawkgfr (Post 1584711950)
Actually that isn't true. You and LIKE it and not buy one...You can Not like it and not buy one...You can like it and not buy one....You can NOT like it and buy one....you can not like it and talk about it...you and like it and talk about it....you could care less and talk about it...you could....and on and on and on...:thumbs:

.......and you can call me Ray, and you can call me Jay, and you can call me RayJay.......:lol:

mpuzach 08-19-2013 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1584705949)
You clowns never stop, first you all bitch and moan that we who don't like the C7 go to that section just to "troll" and talk down the car. The usual reaction is "go back to the C6 section," now here you are in the
C6 section telling someone to give it a rest!

Maybe you and all of the C7 supporters should realize that a product is only as good as its followers and if enough followers are very disenchanted with the product than the maker of that product should listen to the complaints. It is far beyond me as to why the people who like the C7 defend any criticism of it. Get over it, if those who don't like it want to express their opinion we will. Maybe GM will fix what they broke!!

No one was talking to you. Since you decided to chime in anyway, maybe you could fill us in as to what you get by blurting out the same complaints about the car post after post after post? For the record, I'm the last guy who'll ever challenge a person's right to their own opinion. What I don't get is the constant, day-after-day, post-after-post negative opinions that you're asking others to take as fact. We know that you and others hate the car; how many times do you have to beat that horse?

jbs02somws6 08-19-2013 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by mpuzach (Post 1584712339)
No one was talking to you. Since you decided to chime in anyway, maybe you could fill us in as to what you get by blurting out the same complaints about the car post after post after post? For the record, I'm the last guy who'll ever challenge a person's right to their own opinion. What I don't get is the constant, day-after-day, post-after-post negative opinions that you're asking others to take as fact. We know that you and others hate the car; how many times do you have to beat that horse?

I'm sure he's hoping gm will have someone reading these threads who will see the pure hatred the c7 rear end design has cause towards the entire car. And how it is possibly keeping him from wanting to ever buy one. Nothing wrong with a little passion about something you really enjoy, especially when that something is the equivalent of putting a queen latifa ass on a jessica alba-esque body./face.

Hameister 08-19-2013 11:14 PM

...We know that you and others hate the car; how many times do you have to beat that horse?

Until you, and others like you, understand that he doesn't like the C7. :smash:

You haven't yet been fully beaten into submission.

But you will learn to comply. :smash::smash: :lol:

User 2623 08-20-2013 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by vet55 (Post 1584708166)
So who's gonna build it first, and
how much will the rear end mod kit
go for to change out the bumper
and the lights? :rock:

Da Supervettes crew is promoting this as a solution to the C7 rear woes:
http://i.pgu.me/LygfBNxK_original.jpg

kdepew 08-20-2013 02:43 AM

I agree with alot of others that the rear is horrible. I guess we have Tom Peters and Ed W. to blame for that. Someone on this thread suggested those responsible for the rear should be fired. I think Tom and Ed should be looking for new jobs (hopefully jobs that don't involve the design of sports cars).

I am surprised that it seems like GM thinks all the complaints are just because they didn't use round taillights. I don't think the actual taillights look bad. I think the rest of the back is attrocious. The mascara vents are rediculous. The black diffuser going so high up on the back is horrible. The rear is just bad. I definitely think that rear could be a deal breaker for alot of potential buyers. For the most part I like the look of the C7. The one thing I don't think I could ever live with is the rear.

GM designed a polarizing rear end. I know they say they wanted to take a risk, but I can't believe they are happy with how polarizing that rear is (of course they will never admit it). If they knew the response would be what it has been, I don't think it would look the way it does. If they really think it is all just traditionalist who want round rear lights (which I understand those who would have liked round rear lights), then I think they are missing the point. It is an ugly rear and would still be ugly whether it had round, square, or whatever shaped rear lights.

If enough people don't like it and it hurts sales, maybe GM will eventually take the complaints serious and redesign it. It wouldn't be hard to come up with something better. It would be unusual to get a significant redesign mid-life, but it is unusual for the Corvette team to put out anything like that rear.

I'm sure there are initial complaints with every generation design, but I don't think the complaints about the rear of this car are like those on previous generations. There are various complaints about other aspects of the design, but I think the general opinion is positive on most of the car. There are those who state they like the rear. There are those that state the rear has grown on them. However, there are also ALOT of people who absolutely hate that rear. Someone at GM approved the design of the Pontiac Aztec. That was a failure. While the C7 Corvette is no Pontiac Aztec, I think the rear styling is almost as bad.

Rebel 1 08-20-2013 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Virtual Geezer (Post 1584704709)
It's important, IMHO, to note that the General changed the tailights on the 2014 Camaro. Wonder why?

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ps3f9f3da5.jpg

Beautiful car! GM finally got it right on the Camaro taillights.:thumbs:

Big Dan 427 08-20-2013 05:54 AM

Typical C7 responder, bitch and moan at those who offer their opinions be it day after day or once a week, it's a damn forum and none of you guys can get that through your heads. Maybe if any of you had the ability to discuss our dislikes it could become conversational instead of argumentative.

And you didn't respond as to why you are here in the C6 section telling people to give it a rest, who's wrong here?:smash:

And speaking of beating a dead horse, do you read the repetitive nonsense that spews over and over in the C7 section? C7 spied here,
C7 article there, C7 cup holder, C7 seen with Tadge driving the Dalai Lama around...etc. That is what is nauseating, the garbage so called grown men write about!:crazy: