Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Corvette General Discussion
General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 08-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #1
SkyTopp
CF Senior Member

Default Shhhhh Don't Tell GM but I Got A Chance To Drive A C7 Yesterday...

Yea yea I know this is the C6 forum but as a fellow C6 owner I thought you would like to hear my opinion of it. Here is the poop. The car does feel a bit faster off the line but not shockingly so. The steering feel is wonderful very surprised at this. I really don't like the dash cluster much they should have gone all analog or all digital reminds me to much of a C4 dash the setting method is very fiddley. The engine idle is smoother less lumpy than C6. The car seems quieter and you can feel the extra stiffness in the body. Improvements aside you still know you are driving a Corvette. If I could drive it blind folded I don't think I could really tell the difference between C6 and C7. The Z51 option seems a bit to stiff for me. The styling is nice but the rear end is truly a disaster of goofy shapes that just don't work we'll together it really needs fixing. I found it difficult to see well rearward out that small rear hatch. The car is a step forward in most directions and I could get really excited about it if only the rear end were as attractive as the front view honestly I think someone at GM should get fired over that ridiculous looking rear end. Otherwise it's a new Corvette so what's not to like!

Last edited by SkyTopp; 08-18-2013 at 09:02 AM.
SkyTopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
01VETTECOP
CF Senior Member

Where did you get this opportunity ?
01VETTECOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:39 AM   #3
Boozman
CF Senior Member

Thanks for the update from one of us, but the way it looks now I'll be keeping my GS

1972 Convertible
1980 Coupe
2001 Coupe
2004 Black Z06
2005 Black C6
2010 Torch Red C6
2012 Arctic White GS
Boozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
vig1116
CF Senior Member

No pics? I smell
vig1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
dvilin
CF Senior Member

Pretty much same old stuff others have said. Although magazine reviews have been very positive.
dvilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #6
su8pack1
CF Senior Member

I check it out at Carlisle this week. Unless it looks better in person I'll be waiting for a rear end restyle, or the C8.
su8pack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #7
MachAll 2005
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vig1116 View Post
No pics? I smell
No profile info ... I agree.... !!
MachAll 2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #8
SkyTopp
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by su8pack1 View Post
I check it out at Carlisle this week. Unless it looks better in person I'll be waiting for a rear end restyle, or the C8.
It looks great. Except the "transformers" rear end is just so out of place with the rest of the car it cheapens it. Looks like it was modeled from a toy.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #9
R&L's C6
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by su8pack1 View Post
I think it depends on the color also. I saw NRB in person and it looked pretty good, but I think the darker colors hide some of the vents and the two tone rear end look. Although I wouldn't say I love the rear, it sure wouldn't keep me from getting one. Way too many other things to love about the car to let something minor like that to stop me IMO.

Attachment 47733096

Last edited by R&L's C6; 09-30-2013 at 06:38 AM.
R&L's C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #10
ATC399
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&L's C6 View Post
I think it depends on the color also. I saw NRB in person and it looked pretty good, but I think the darker colors hide some of the vents and the two tone rear end look. Although I wouldn't say I love the rear, it sure wouldn't keep me from getting one. Way too many other things to love about the car to let something minor like that to stop me IMO.

Attachment 47733096
ATC399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #11
pewter99
Auctioneer Administrator
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
I believe in the Beer Fairy
Support Corvetteforum!

I think it looks better in person than pics....can't believe everyone is hung up on the back end....

people crack me up...."OMG they didn't change the car at all" (C5 to C6)

now...."OMG they ruined the car it doesn't have standard Corvette tail lights"

pewter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #12
boraxman
CF Senior Member

boraxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #13
Jimmy C-6
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '12-'13
Support Corvetteforum!

A GM exec told me that the tail lights are that way to have a common theme among Chevy. Ed Wellbornes idea. No one can stand up to him.
Jimmy C-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #14
SkyTopp
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewter99 View Post
I think it looks better in person than pics....can't believe everyone is hung up on the back end....

people crack me up...."OMG they didn't change the car at all" (C5 to C6)

now...."OMG they ruined the car it doesn't have standard Corvette tail lights"

Its very simple to understand. If its unpleasant to the potential buyer then they will get hung up on it once you buy it you have to look at it for a long time not unlike marrying an ugly woman. The only difference with the C7 is you can get rid of it easier with a smaller loss of $.

Last edited by SkyTopp; 08-20-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #15
michaelinmech
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01VETTECOP View Post
Where did you get this opportunity ?

^ Why come on with a story about driving a C7, and offer absolutely no info as to how that happened? Does this seem odd????

michaelinmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #16
Slider-01
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

One of the things I keep hearing is that the C7 is the same width as the current GS.

Having not had a chance yet to see a C7 in person I am wondering from those that have seen one if this is true?

THX,
Slider-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #17
not08crmanymore
CF Senior Member

You're right,this is c6 section and all these done over C7 threads need to be in C7 imho. Having said that,the car is a hideous monstrosity of thrown together panels that only look ok from certain angles.I saw a release of camo C7R pics at Corvetteblogger and that car looks decent with it's very wide body,but the regular car would need to be made out of gold with 20 grand in rebates for me to even consider the cartoonish clusterf*** that is the C7!It may be a little quicker,have a nicer interior although that is still up for debate, and be the latest greatest vette as every new generation is lately,but I don't care. It's the ugly duckling of the Corvette family!
not08crmanymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #18
Red08
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvilin View Post
Pretty much same old stuff others have said. Although magazine reviews have been very positive.
Part of that is, I think, the need for advertising dollars. If magazine writers were too harsh and critical of the new car, GM may react and spend less advertising $'s. It's all about the money.
Red08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #19
Turbo6TA
CF Senior Member

SkyTopp ....

You never did tell us where you were allowed to drive this C7.

How about giving us some details in order to make your claim a little more believable ... Were all ears
Turbo6TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #20
Jeff-Ford
CF Senior Member

He was driving his Mercedes in traffic when the C7 rolled up on him an showed attitude towards him. He put his window down an asked whats the problem. The C7 pointed to the brake dust on the Mercedes front wheels and said that's horrible. He agreed and told the C7 how he wrote a letter to the dealer and engineering dept. They both laughed and decided to get a coffee til traffic died down. After talking for a few minutes the C7 asked him if he`d like to test out the car, but asked him to keep quite about it.
Jeff-Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:25 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette General Discussion
Reload this Page Shhhhh Don't Tell GM but I Got A Chance To Drive A C7 Yesterday...