CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Shhhhh Don't Tell GM but I Got A Chance To Drive A C7 Yesterday... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3325048-shhhhh-dont-tell-gm-but-i-got-a-chance-to-drive-a-c7-yesterday.html)

SkyTopp 08-18-2013 08:29 AM

Shhhhh Don't Tell GM but I Got A Chance To Drive A C7 Yesterday...

Yea yea I know this is the C6 forum but as a fellow C6 owner I thought you would like to hear my opinion of it. Here is the poop. The car does feel a bit faster off the line but not shockingly so. The steering feel is wonderful very surprised at this. I really don't like the dash cluster much they should have gone all analog or all digital reminds me to much of a C4 dash the setting method is very fiddley. The engine idle is smoother less lumpy than C6. The car seems quieter and you can feel the extra stiffness in the body. Improvements aside you still know you are driving a Corvette. If I could drive it blind folded I don't think I could really tell the difference between C6 and C7. The Z51 option seems a bit to stiff for me. The styling is nice but the rear end is truly a disaster of goofy shapes that just don't work we'll together it really needs fixing. I found it difficult to see well rearward out that small rear hatch. The car is a step forward in most directions and I could get really excited about it if only the rear end were as attractive as the front view honestly I think someone at GM should get fired over that ridiculous looking rear end. Otherwise it's a new Corvette so what's not to like! :thumbs:

01VETTECOP 08-18-2013 08:36 AM

Where did you get this opportunity ?

Boozman 08-18-2013 08:39 AM

Thanks for the update from one of us, but the way it looks now I'll be keeping my GS

vig1116 08-18-2013 09:02 AM

No pics? I smell :bs :toetap:

dvilin 08-18-2013 09:07 AM

Pretty much same old stuff others have said. Although magazine reviews have been very positive.

su8pack1 08-18-2013 09:45 AM

I check it out at Carlisle this week. Unless it looks better in person I'll be waiting for a rear end restyle, or the C8.

MachAll 2005 08-18-2013 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by vig1116 (Post 1584698706)
No pics? I smell :bs :toetap:

No profile info ... I agree.... :bs !!

SkyTopp 08-18-2013 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by su8pack1 (Post 1584698950)
I check it out at Carlisle this week. Unless it looks better in person I'll be waiting for a rear end restyle, or the C8.

It looks great. Except the "transformers" rear end is just so out of place with the rest of the car it cheapens it. Looks like it was modeled from a toy.

R&L's C6 08-18-2013 10:55 AM

I think it depends on the color also. I saw NRB in person and it looked pretty good, but I think the darker colors hide some of the vents and the two tone rear end look. Although I wouldn't say I love the rear, it sure wouldn't keep me from getting one. Way too many other things to love about the car to let something minor like that to stop me IMO.

Attachment 47733096

ATC399 08-18-2013 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1584699373)
I think it depends on the color also. I saw NRB in person and it looked pretty good, but I think the darker colors hide some of the vents and the two tone rear end look. Although I wouldn't say I love the rear, it sure wouldn't keep me from getting one. Way too many other things to love about the car to let something minor like that to stop me IMO.

Attachment 47733096

:iagree:

pewter99 08-18-2013 11:29 AM

I think it looks better in person than pics....can't believe everyone is hung up on the back end....

people crack me up...."OMG they didn't change the car at all" (C5 to C6)

now...."OMG they ruined the car it doesn't have standard Corvette tail lights"

:crazy:

boraxman 08-18-2013 11:37 AM

:lurk:

Jimmy C-6 08-18-2013 12:09 PM

A GM exec told me that the tail lights are that way to have a common theme among Chevy. Ed Wellbornes idea. No one can stand up to him.

SkyTopp 08-18-2013 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by pewter99 (Post 1584699616)
I think it looks better in person than pics....can't believe everyone is hung up on the back end....

Its very simple to understand. If its unpleasant to the potential buyer then they will get hung up on it once you buy it you have to look at it for a long time not unlike marrying an ugly woman. The only difference with the C7 is you can get rid of it easier with a smaller loss of $.

michaelinmech 08-18-2013 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by 01VETTECOP (Post 1584698579)
Where did you get this opportunity ?

^ Why come on with a story about driving a C7, and offer absolutely no info as to how that happened? Does this seem odd????

:confused2:

Slider-01 08-18-2013 12:20 PM

One of the things I keep hearing is that the C7 is the same width as the current GS.

Having not had a chance yet to see a C7 in person I am wondering from those that have seen one if this is true?

THX,

not08crmanymore 08-18-2013 12:21 PM

You're right,this is c6 section and all these done over C7 threads need to be in C7 imho. Having said that,the car is a hideous monstrosity of thrown together panels that only look ok from certain angles.I saw a release of camo C7R pics at Corvetteblogger and that car looks decent with it's very wide body,but the regular car would need to be made out of gold with 20 grand in rebates for me to even consider the cartoonish clusterf*** that is the C7!It may be a little quicker,have a nicer interior although that is still up for debate, and be the latest greatest vette as every new generation is lately,but I don't care. It's the ugly duckling of the Corvette family!

Red08 08-18-2013 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by dvilin (Post 1584698735)
Pretty much same old stuff others have said. Although magazine reviews have been very positive.

Part of that is, I think, the need for advertising dollars. If magazine writers were too harsh and critical of the new car, GM may react and spend less advertising $'s. It's all about the money.

Turbo6TA 08-18-2013 01:18 PM

SkyTopp ....

You never did tell us where you were allowed to drive this C7.

How about giving us some details in order to make your claim a little more believable ... Were all ears

Jeff-Ford 08-18-2013 01:25 PM

He was driving his Mercedes in traffic when the C7 rolled up on him an showed attitude towards him. He put his window down an asked whats the problem. The C7 pointed to the brake dust on the Mercedes front wheels and said that's horrible. He agreed and told the C7 how he wrote a letter to the dealer and engineering dept. They both laughed and decided to get a coffee til traffic died down. After talking for a few minutes the C7 asked him if he`d like to test out the car, but asked him to keep quite about it.

vig1116 08-18-2013 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy C-6 (Post 1584699909)
A GM exec told me that the tail lights are that way to have a common theme among Chevy. Ed Wellbornes idea. No one can stand up to him.

well, thats just stupid now, isn't it?? Why would you want your signature all american sports car to be on the same level as your classic family car???? goes to show you, even people in high ranking positions can be dumb.....

red2012 08-18-2013 02:08 PM

His claim of the Z-51 option feels stiff. How would he know how stiff it really is unless he drove another non Z-51 optioned C7 to compare it to? Every time some one called him out on how he got to drive one the subject was evaded. This whole post sounds fishy and the part of don't tell GM I drove one? What is this some James Bond sh***t.

Steve_R 08-18-2013 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by red2012 (Post 1584700743)
His claim of the Z-51 option feels stiff. How would he know unless he drove another non Z-51 optioned C7 to compare it to? Every time some one called him out on how he got to drive one the subject was evaded. This whole post sounds fishy and the part of don't tell GM I drove one? What is this some James Bond sh***t.

This. And what's with all the C7 threads started here that begin with "I know this is the wrong forum, but I'm special so I'm posting it here anyway?"

R&L's C6 08-18-2013 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by michaelinmech (Post 1584699983)
^ Why come on with a story about driving a C7, and offer absolutely no info as to how that happened? Does this seem odd????

:confused2:

Why no, no it doesn't....:rolleyes:

articwhitec6 08-18-2013 03:13 PM

Who cares, blah blah blah.

SkyTopp 08-18-2013 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA (Post 1584700411)
SkyTopp ....

You never did tell us where you were allowed to drive this C7.

How about giving us some details in order to make your claim a little more believable ... Were all ears

A GM employee that im related to has the car right now for testing a glitch in one of the cars systems he had a hand in designing. It's a car that now has a third generation version of the part that was going wrong but it appears the third time is the charm. He wanted me to listen to something while driving and get my opinion if the sound was annoying or not. The sounds I heard were nothing but good! :thumbs:

Turbo6TA 08-18-2013 03:39 PM

Thank you

SkyTopp 08-18-2013 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by red2012 (Post 1584700743)
His claim of the Z-51 option feels stiff. How would he know how stiff it really is unless he drove another non Z-51 optioned C7 to compare it to? Every time some one called him out on how he got to drive one the subject was evaded. This whole post sounds fishy and the part of don't tell GM I drove one? What is this some James Bond sh***t.

I own a non Z51 C6 and against my car this is pretty bone jarring. I myself wouldn't order it I don't track my cars and after awhile I would get tired of the harshness. For some it might be fine but its not for me.

red2012 08-18-2013 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by SkyTopp (Post 1584701285)
I own a non Z51 C6 and against my car this is pretty bone jarring. I myself wouldn't order it I don't track my cars and after awhile I would get tired of the harshness. For some it might be fine but its not for me.

Cool now were talking. You have to realize on this forum we like some kind of info to back up what your saying especially anything as far fetched as driving a C7.. You had to know we would be calling for blood when you started this thread with out some kind of info to at least substantiate your post.

Landru 08-18-2013 04:16 PM

A GM exec told me that the tail lights are that way to have a common theme among Chevy. Ed Wellbornes idea.

I figured it out after thinking about Ford, how everything Ford designed in the early 90s (think Tuarus) had oval lights, interior gauges etc. Theme carried over to all Ford's product line.

Wondering of ol' Ed didn't work at Ford sometime earlier in his career.

SenseiDave 08-18-2013 04:23 PM

Tough crowd here! I was happy to read the OP. Thanks for posting it. I agree with the style points. I'd like to like the C-7 but I'm not there yet. And yes, it's the back end that really put me off it. I waited to see it and once I did, I bought my GS. Very happy with it. I went by the Museum last week ad was disappointed to see that they don't have a C-7 on display. I expected to get my first look at one in person. Too bad.

nous defions 08-18-2013 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Landru (Post 1584701503)
I figured it out after thinking about Ford, how everything Ford designed in the early 90s (think Tuarus) had oval lights, interior gauges etc. Theme carried over to all Ford's product line.

Wondering of ol' Ed didn't work at Ford sometime earlier in his career.

Mr. Welburn has been with GM since 1972. He did not work for Ford - or any other car company - previous to that.

Landru 08-18-2013 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by nous defions (Post 1584701553)
Mr. Welburn has been with GM since 1972. He did not work for Ford - or any other car company - previous to that.

Got it. :cheers:
But, he'd sure have fit-in at Ford considering his styling philosophy. :D

Z09SS 08-18-2013 04:41 PM

The tail-lights issue reminds me of the kitten-birthing from the change from retractable headlights way back when the C6 was new.

SkyTopp 08-18-2013 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Z09SS (Post 1584701694)
The tail-lights issue reminds me of the kitten-birthing from the change from retractable headlights way back when the C6 was new.

Well when C6 arrived I didnt like it much then and I still dont like some of the styling aspects today when I look at my car at some angles they will never please everyone. However I think the C7s rear end is Vile! and totally inappropriate for a Corvette. I will end up buying one in The future but im going to have a real hard time with that goofy looking a$$ end. Im hoping they may soften it up some in the future and make it less cluttered and busy looking.

Turbo6TA 08-18-2013 05:24 PM

I would have liked round tail lights on the C7 better, but the rectangular ones really are not that bad.

What I don't like is all that black on the rear ... I guess it only looks ok on a black C7. On any other color, it just looks way too 'busy' back there ... kind of a 'In Your Face' kit car look that wasn't thought out too well.

oh well

dozing4dollars 08-18-2013 05:25 PM

Sky Topp,

Thank You for taking the time to post your quick impressions review of the C7. :thumbs:

Mad*Max 08-18-2013 05:33 PM

thanks for the review...the more I think I of about it, the more I realize that GM saved me a bunch of money with the ugly rear end 'cause I will wait for the C8 and drive my beautiful Victory Red C6 in the meantime:lol:

John Harry 08-18-2013 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA (Post 1584701993)
What I don't like is all that black on the rear ... I guess it only looks ok on a black C7. On any other color, it just looks way too 'busy' back there ... kind of a 'In Your Face' kit car look that wasn't thought out too well.

My complaint exactly. I've no problem with different, but busy/tacky is not good.

VET4LES 08-18-2013 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Red08 (Post 1584700371)
Part of that is, I think, the need for advertising dollars. If magazine writers were too harsh and critical of the new car, GM may react and spend less advertising $'s. It's all about the money.

No question about it.
I don't like the rear end. :ack:

mpuzach 08-18-2013 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by articwhitec6 (Post 1584701124)
Who cares, blah blah blah.

Kinda like who cares if they misspell Arctic White in their forum username! :rofl:

Mr. West 08-18-2013 06:47 PM

http://gmauthority.com/blog/wp-conte...it-582x308.jpg

For all the winers fork up the extra 3k and you can love it more then your C6....I think after a few years seeing the new rear end, it will grow on you. I wasn't a fan of a lot of cars until I saw them driving on the streets everyday.

Tonylmiller 08-18-2013 06:51 PM

No, this is not the forum for C7 info. It goes in the C7 forum. Even if you currently own a C6. Who owns a C7 yet?

R&L's C6 08-18-2013 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. West (Post 1584702559)

For all the winers fork up the extra 3k and you can love it more then your C6....I think after a few years seeing the new rear end, it will grow on you. I wasn't a fan of a lot of cars until I saw them driving on the streets everyday.

As much as I still like the looks of the C6 rear, I cant for the life of me understand why someone would want their new generation Vette looking just like their old one. :crazy2:

I dont think they'll sell many of those.

ladder13 08-18-2013 07:23 PM

People complained about the C5 and C6 when they came out, nothing ever changes. In 2 years, or less :lol:, I'm selling my C6 and getting a C7. :thumbs:

choprfgr 08-18-2013 07:30 PM

The C7 rear end is designed to sell Camaros.

hdkeno 08-18-2013 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mad*Max (Post 1584702054)
thanks for the review...the more I think I of about it, the more I realize that GM saved me a bunch of money with the ugly rear end 'cause I will wait for the C8 and drive my beautiful Victory Red C6 in the meantime:lol:

:iagree: same here,love that Victory Red....:thumbs:

flange 08-18-2013 07:55 PM

out driving at night, i have been noticing the styling of some other gm products, and see what they are going for. while we may not like the rear styling of the c7, and we are certainly entitled to our opinions, I think they are trying for brand recognition. the less expensive models take cues from the c7. by hyping the new vette, they create buzz. this helps sell more vettes to non vette folks (hopefully), and secures more audience for the lower tiered cars. at least thats how i see it.

Dif 08-18-2013 08:07 PM

:lol:

There's others also saying they'll wait for the C8.
If you don't like the C7, why would you think you'll like the C8 any better :confused:
Is the C8 going to look like a C6 again :crazy:
Just sayin' :cheers:

noz34me 08-18-2013 08:14 PM

I can believe that- - got behind a new Malibu the other day. Same tail lights. Camaro- -same tail lights.

RocketDawg 08-18-2013 08:14 PM

I think most don't necessarily think the C7 should have round or oval tail lights, but the big complaint is that it looks like a Camaro (and an angry one at that). Anything else would have probably been all right. But why make it look almost exactly like the much cheaper sporty car from the same manufacturer, instead of maintaining a Corvette identity?

bdspell 08-18-2013 08:17 PM

i am so happy i got my 2013 c6 its been perfected thru the c6's time i will be moving on to a c7 at some time in the future .when the time comes for a c7 the tail light difference will be long forgotten and the bugs will be fixed ,but for now i have a great car in my c6

RocketDawg 08-18-2013 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by mpuzach (Post 1584702411)
Kinda like who cares if they misspell Arctic White in their forum username! :rofl:

I see I'm not the only one who noticed ....

There's a local HVAC company with the name Artic Air ... I swear. Hard to believe ....

mpuzach 08-18-2013 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by RocketDawg (Post 1584703245)
I see I'm not the only one who noticed ....

There's a local HVAC company with the name Artic Air ... I swear. Hard to believe ....

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Steve_R 08-18-2013 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by mpuzach (Post 1584702411)

Oops :rofl:

Mad*Max 08-18-2013 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dif (Post 1584703146)
:lol:

There's others also saying they'll wait for the C8.
If you don't like the C7, why would you think you'll like the C8 any better :confused:
Is the C8 going to look like a C6 again :crazy:
Just sayin' :cheers:

don't understand your point - the C8 doesn't have to look like the C6 to look good, it just shouldn't look like the C7:lol:

Kingspoke 08-18-2013 08:44 PM

Tom "Picasso" Peters:

peter pan 08-18-2013 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1584700763)
This. And what's with all the C7 threads started here that begin with "I know this is the wrong forum, but I'm special so I'm posting it here anyway?"

:iagree::rock:

brettbolt 08-18-2013 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. West (Post 1584702559)

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1584702616)
As much as I still like the looks of the C6 rear, I cant for the life of me understand why someone would want their new generation Vette looking just like their old one. :crazy2:

I dont think they'll sell many of those.

:iagree:

After seeing the round tail light kit on the C7, I like the stock C7 lights. To me, the angular look matches better with the rest of the car.

Also I like the C7's better highway MPG with cylinder deactivation, and the updated interior electronics. Maybe I'll get one in about 5 years if I ever get bored with my '13 GS.

hawkgfr 08-18-2013 09:11 PM

I give the hideous tail one/two years tops...Really leaning towards one year lol...

It's as if the tried to make it as ugly as possible. I agree with firing the guy that said the azz is a go for production.

I mean somewhere I saw an amateur rendering of the same rear with different tails and it looked like sex.

hawkgfr 08-18-2013 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Kingspoke (Post 1584703417)

Might as well be defending OBAMACARE.:lol:

Dif 08-18-2013 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mad*Max (Post 1584703391)
don't understand your point - the C8 doesn't have to look like the C6 to look good, it just shouldn't look like the C7:lol:

Well, maybe that wasn't the best example :thumbs:
But the point is, and my question is, what makes anyone that doesn't like the C7 think they'll like the C8 ??
I mean maybe in their eyes when the C8 comes out they'll think it's even worse :willy:
;) :cheers:

choprfgr 08-18-2013 11:10 PM

Just listened to the 'defense'

What a crock - if you watch it every cool car shown in the vid
has round tail lights - both Camaro and Corvette,
Let's remember the saying - just because you can doesn't mean you should. Also - it is cart before the horse - it should have been done on the Vette first. What the C7 needs is bullets off of the '59 Caddy.

Turbo6TA 08-18-2013 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by choprfgr (Post 1584704508)

What the C7 needs is bullets off of the '59 Caddy.

And some "Blue Dots" ... anyone old enough to remember them? :D

not08crmanymore 08-18-2013 11:19 PM

That's the thing about the C7. It's not even released yet but it's builders feel the need to defend it's look and state,again and again,how magnificent it is..blah blah.. technology aside, I distinctly feel like they're trying to force us to like the damn car. You can't fix stupid but you sure as hell can fix ugly and this car needs plenty of fixing in that regard!!

ladder13 08-18-2013 11:33 PM

I'm glad no one's buying a C7. I expect huge discounts very soon. :rock:

raspyc6 08-18-2013 11:41 PM

I agree that GM is going with a product recognition motif. The Vette looks like shaved square edges on 2 of the 4 corners of the tails...which is different I guess but reminiscent of the square approach. My late build 2008 Z51 is tough on the kidneys...how much stiffer is the c7 ?

KABAL182 08-18-2013 11:43 PM

For those who haven't seen a C7 in person yet, I give my 2 cents. The tail lights aren't as bad in person as I thought they would be. The area just below them ,where the black diffuser panel starts is atrocious. The angles and they way they surround the exhaust is far worse looking then the tail lights. I would not be surprised if that area get a option for being painted body color. It really makes the back of the car cheap looking.

Virtual Geezer 08-18-2013 11:46 PM

It's important, IMHO, to note that the General changed the tailights on the 2014 Camaro. Wonder why?

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ps3f9f3da5.jpg

mpuzach 08-19-2013 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore (Post 1584700001)
You're right,this is c6 section and all these done over C7 threads need to be in C7 imho. Having said that,the car is a hideous monstrosity of thrown together panels that only look ok from certain angles.I saw a release of camo C7R pics at Corvetteblogger and that car looks decent with it's very wide body,but the regular car would need to be made out of gold with 20 grand in rebates for me to even consider the cartoonish clusterf*** that is the C7!It may be a little quicker,have a nicer interior although that is still up for debate, and be the latest greatest vette as every new generation is lately,but I don't care. It's the ugly duckling of the Corvette family!

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore (Post 1584704554)
That's the thing about the C7. It's not even released yet but it's builders feel the need to defend it's look and state,again and again,how magnificent it is..blah blah.. technology aside, I distinctly feel like they're trying to force us to like the damn car. You can't fix stupid but you sure as hell can fix ugly and this car needs plenty of fixing in that regard!!

Everybody and their uncles know that you don't like the C7 so how about giving it a rest? No one is trying to get you to like it and those of us who like it aren't going to change our minds just because you hate it. Enough already.

OnPoint 08-19-2013 12:19 AM

I know it's not the right section of the forum, but I think the early C3 vettes look great. . . .:lol:

AORoads 08-19-2013 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by SkyTopp (Post 1584699332)
It looks great. Except the "transformers" rear end is just so out of place with the rest of the car it cheapens it. Looks like it was modeled from a toy.

It's nice that we're all allowed opinions. I disagree with the above.

I've looked at it, up close, for a long time while both sitting and standing indoors. And for the last few days, I've looked at it up close, outside in cloudy and sunny exposures.

Looks good to me, and reinforces one thing I've been saying: it's a good thing the lower valance panel is NOT body color because it would make it look far bigger, top to bottom.

I can see where some might have rearward and right rear vision issues. I can see where some might not like the "cockpit-fighter" style interior for the driver. But the rear end is not an issue for me. I like it.

Of course, that's just my opinion (and others do disagree). :D:cheers:

Mad*Max 08-19-2013 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Dif (Post 1584704439)
Well, maybe that wasn't the best example :thumbs:
But the point is, and my question is, what makes anyone that doesn't like the C7 think they'll like the C8 ??
I mean maybe in their eyes when the C8 comes out they'll think it's even worse :willy:
;) :cheers:

you are quite right, the C8 might not appeal to me (and others) whatsoever, I guess it is a ray of hope for me:lol:

:cheers:

Big Dan 427 08-19-2013 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by mpuzach (Post 1584704848)
Everybody and their uncles know that you don't like the C7 so how about giving it a rest? No one is trying to get you to like it and those of us who like it aren't going to change our minds just because you hate it. Enough already.

You clowns never stop, first you all bitch and moan that we who don't like the C7 go to that section just to "troll" and talk down the car. The usual reaction is "go back to the C6 section," now here you are in the
C6 section telling someone to give it a rest!

Maybe you and all of the C7 supporters should realize that a product is only as good as its followers and if enough followers are very disenchanted with the product than the maker of that product should listen to the complaints. It is far beyond me as to why the people who like the C7 defend any criticism of it. Get over it, if those who don't like it want to express their opinion we will. Maybe GM will fix what they broke!!

red2012 08-19-2013 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1584705949)
You clowns never stop, first you all bitch and moan that we who don't like the C7 go to that section just to "troll" and talk down the car. The usual reaction is "go back to the C6 section," now here you are in the

Maybe you and all of the C7 supporters should realize that a product is only as good as its followers and if enough followers are very disenchanted with the product than the maker of that product should listen to the complaints. It is far beyond me as to why the people who like the C7 defend any criticism of it. Get over it, if those who don't like it want to express their opinion we will. Maybe GM will fix what they broke!!

:iagree:ISN'T the C6 section supposedly our section to vent how ever we deem fit toward a C7. If we do it in the C7 forum we get flamed, They always tell us to take our ass back here so here we are!

Big Dan 427 08-19-2013 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by red2012 (Post 1584706079)
:iagree:ISN'T the C6 section supposedly our section to vent how ever we deem fit toward a C7. If we do it in the C7 forum we get flamed, They always tell us to take our ass back here so here we are!

In actuality Ron we SHOULD be in the C7 section venting our opinions of the new car, let's face it many of us would have purchased one if we liked what they did to it! I speak largely of three things and they are all aesthetic. The body for the most part is a clusterfu%$, the skinny tires takes away from the stance and after some reviewing of up close interior pics it seems no better than the C6 cars, I know it's not better than my 427. I can't speak for the seats b/c obviously I haven't sat in it.

Back to your comment, say what you want where you want as long as we are within forum guidelines.:thumbs:

Hameister 08-19-2013 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Kingspoke (Post 1584703417)

Two comments after reading through this thread.

First, after viewing this video, I could not help but notice that the lower rear body panel was color matched to the body.

Imo, that goes a long way towards unifying the "look", of rear end. It makes it less busy looking, and softens all the contrasting angles, and shapes.

I believe GM would be very wise to offer a color code option for that lower rear body panel, no different than the headlamp bucket color options today.

Second, I'm a little confused by the OP's comment that he would not be able to tell the difference between the C7 & the C6, if he could drive it blind folded.

I'm confused because all of the OPs observations, such as "feeling" a little faster off the line, or the "feel" of the steering, or the car seeming "quieter" than the C6, and the "feel" of the extra stiffness in the body.

These observations all rely on his sense of "feel", and "hearing", and nothing more. So why would all these observations disappear, if he could drive it blindfolded??? :confused:

myfunz 08-19-2013 10:20 AM

Of course they changed the back end from the C5 to the C6 the transition was correct. And so was the transition from other models.

I agree with OP looks like they had two different people design ether end of the C7.:crazy2:

red2012 08-19-2013 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1584706194)
and after some reviewing of up close interior pics it seems no better than the C6 cars, I can't speak for the seats b/c obviously I haven't sat in it.

:thumbs:

I couldn't agree more especially after I seen it at the N.Y. show. The console especially the whole area around the shifter going down to the console lid looks cheap with that flat black plastic. At least we have that shinny fake carbon fiber look which I did the bezel around the instrument cluster in and the passenger air vent to match which gives the interior a nice appearance. The door panels look basically the same maybe just configured a little different. I haven't sat in one either but I like the feel of my '13's seats so I'm not one of the seat complainers.

vet55 08-19-2013 01:44 PM

So who's gonna build it first, and
how much will the rear end mod kit
go for to change out the bumper
and the lights? :rock:

Kingspoke 08-19-2013 02:18 PM

It's interesting to note the difference of opinion between Tom Peters' comment that, "We tried rounds and quite frankly it made the car look old and didn't work in this form volcabulary"...

On the other hand Ed Welbourne, V.P. of Global Design, states in 2:32 that, "Rounds would have worked but just wouldn't have been as cool". Both agree on the need to go in a different direction and/or shake things up!

FiremanC7 08-19-2013 02:36 PM

If you notice, the 2014 Comaro has a totally new rear end. The rear lights are one piece, all LED units. So much for family traits!

69L79 08-19-2013 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Virtual Geezer (Post 1584704709)
It's important, IMHO, to note that the General changed the tailights on the 2014 Camaro. Wonder why?

IMO, that is an ugly rear end, for sure. GM did the Vette a favor by putting that rear end on the Camaro. :yesnod:

florida john 08-19-2013 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by vet55 (Post 1584708166)

Even the faux Ferrari tail featured in a forum post last week looks better than the new C7. Yeah, I understand that the "tear ducts" of the C7 tail lights are actually air ducts for aero effects and cooling rear brakes. However, when I see the new tail, I think of Camaro or some recent Japanese sedans.

colo63sw 08-19-2013 03:46 PM

Well Dan,
Maybe you and some others think GM ruined the C7 But I think it looks great. It looks much improved in every category over a C6. And think about this….
I called a local dealer and asked how many C7s they were allotted and how long was their waiting list; the answers were 29 & 100.
I think dealers will sell every 2014 C7 they can get, they will be sold out shortly after production stops, if not before.

85mcss 08-19-2013 03:55 PM

If they got rid of the "teardrops" on the ends of the taillights, I'd buy one.. looking forward to seeing some boosted LT1s..

Kingspoke 08-19-2013 06:11 PM

I think initially they will sell like hot cakes, but by the fall/winter of 2014 some of the excitement over of the new generation base C7 might wane, as more hit the road and typical growing pains emerge.

With the vert coming out by then and a H.O. right behind it, sales could be strong overall for at least two years. I think the style of the C7 however will not sustain it for a run like the C6, despite all the technological advances in performance & handling.

I think it's very good Corvette, but I think G.M. management got to far afield in the styling department (mainly the hatch & back end), and abandoned their signature trademark. A form of eliptical concave twin LEDs would have worked to maintain the signature trademark, but rear end would have to be reworked alltogether. To me the car does not flow as one car front to back. I love the front clip (minus the fangs)!

I'm thinking they kinda boxed themselves in with the rear end and then compromised with the lights. Who knows?

txsugar08 08-19-2013 07:52 PM

You can talk about the C7 with your likes and dislikes but at the end of the day you only have two choces.
1. Buy one
2. Dont buy one.

Kingspoke 08-19-2013 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by txsugar08 (Post 1584711154)
You can talk about the C7 with your likes and dislikes but at the end of the day you only have two choces.
1. Buy one
2. Dont buy one.

That's true, and G.M. better hope there's less of the latter.

If you don't listen to your customers when they voice their opinions you won't be in business very long!

Red12 08-19-2013 09:03 PM

I`m glad I didn`t wait.

hawkgfr 08-19-2013 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by txsugar08 (Post 1584711154)
1. Buy one
2. Dont buy one.

Actually that isn't true. You and LIKE it and not buy one...You can Not like it and not buy one...You can like it and not buy one....You can NOT like it and buy one....you can not like it and talk about it...you and like it and talk about it....you could care less and talk about it...you could....and on and on and on...:thumbs:

SkyTopp 08-19-2013 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by 89L98 (Post 1584708644)
IMO, that is an ugly rear end, for sure. GM did the Vette a favor by putting that rear end on the Camaro. :yesnod:

:iagree: I'm not liking the new Camaro rear either it's not sporty looking enough looks more like a mid sized sedan or modern day Monte Carlo type styling.

TerryL 08-19-2013 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by hawkgfr (Post 1584711950)
Actually that isn't true. You and LIKE it and not buy one...You can Not like it and not buy one...You can like it and not buy one....You can NOT like it and buy one....you can not like it and talk about it...you and like it and talk about it....you could care less and talk about it...you could....and on and on and on...:thumbs:

.......and you can call me Ray, and you can call me Jay, and you can call me RayJay.......:lol:

mpuzach 08-19-2013 10:15 PM

No one was talking to you. Since you decided to chime in anyway, maybe you could fill us in as to what you get by blurting out the same complaints about the car post after post after post? For the record, I'm the last guy who'll ever challenge a person's right to their own opinion. What I don't get is the constant, day-after-day, post-after-post negative opinions that you're asking others to take as fact. We know that you and others hate the car; how many times do you have to beat that horse?

jbs02somws6 08-19-2013 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by mpuzach (Post 1584712339)
No one was talking to you. Since you decided to chime in anyway, maybe you could fill us in as to what you get by blurting out the same complaints about the car post after post after post? For the record, I'm the last guy who'll ever challenge a person's right to their own opinion. What I don't get is the constant, day-after-day, post-after-post negative opinions that you're asking others to take as fact. We know that you and others hate the car; how many times do you have to beat that horse?

I'm sure he's hoping gm will have someone reading these threads who will see the pure hatred the c7 rear end design has cause towards the entire car. And how it is possibly keeping him from wanting to ever buy one. Nothing wrong with a little passion about something you really enjoy, especially when that something is the equivalent of putting a queen latifa ass on a jessica alba-esque body./face.

Hameister 08-19-2013 11:14 PM

...We know that you and others hate the car; how many times do you have to beat that horse?

Until you, and others like you, understand that he doesn't like the C7. :smash:

You haven't yet been fully beaten into submission.

But you will learn to comply. :smash::smash: :lol:

User 2623 08-20-2013 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by vet55 (Post 1584708166)

Da Supervettes crew is promoting this as a solution to the C7 rear woes:
http://i.pgu.me/LygfBNxK_original.jpg

kdepew 08-20-2013 02:43 AM

I agree with alot of others that the rear is horrible. I guess we have Tom Peters and Ed W. to blame for that. Someone on this thread suggested those responsible for the rear should be fired. I think Tom and Ed should be looking for new jobs (hopefully jobs that don't involve the design of sports cars).

I am surprised that it seems like GM thinks all the complaints are just because they didn't use round taillights. I don't think the actual taillights look bad. I think the rest of the back is attrocious. The mascara vents are rediculous. The black diffuser going so high up on the back is horrible. The rear is just bad. I definitely think that rear could be a deal breaker for alot of potential buyers. For the most part I like the look of the C7. The one thing I don't think I could ever live with is the rear.

GM designed a polarizing rear end. I know they say they wanted to take a risk, but I can't believe they are happy with how polarizing that rear is (of course they will never admit it). If they knew the response would be what it has been, I don't think it would look the way it does. If they really think it is all just traditionalist who want round rear lights (which I understand those who would have liked round rear lights), then I think they are missing the point. It is an ugly rear and would still be ugly whether it had round, square, or whatever shaped rear lights.

If enough people don't like it and it hurts sales, maybe GM will eventually take the complaints serious and redesign it. It wouldn't be hard to come up with something better. It would be unusual to get a significant redesign mid-life, but it is unusual for the Corvette team to put out anything like that rear.

I'm sure there are initial complaints with every generation design, but I don't think the complaints about the rear of this car are like those on previous generations. There are various complaints about other aspects of the design, but I think the general opinion is positive on most of the car. There are those who state they like the rear. There are those that state the rear has grown on them. However, there are also ALOT of people who absolutely hate that rear. Someone at GM approved the design of the Pontiac Aztec. That was a failure. While the C7 Corvette is no Pontiac Aztec, I think the rear styling is almost as bad.

Rebel 1 08-20-2013 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Virtual Geezer (Post 1584704709)

Beautiful car! GM finally got it right on the Camaro taillights.:thumbs:

Big Dan 427 08-20-2013 05:54 AM

Typical C7 responder, bitch and moan at those who offer their opinions be it day after day or once a week, it's a damn forum and none of you guys can get that through your heads. Maybe if any of you had the ability to discuss our dislikes it could become conversational instead of argumentative.

And you didn't respond as to why you are here in the C6 section telling people to give it a rest, who's wrong here?:smash:

And speaking of beating a dead horse, do you read the repetitive nonsense that spews over and over in the C7 section? C7 spied here,
C7 article there, C7 cup holder, C7 seen with Tadge driving the Dalai Lama around...etc. That is what is nauseating, the garbage so called grown men write about!:crazy: