CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Why oh why is the C7 so lamented (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3304978-why-oh-why-is-the-c7-so-lamented.html)

irun4cops 07-14-2013 06:35 PM

cool, well when im next to you in a car that is nicer inside,

holds its value better,

has awd,

and isnt a mass produced dime a dozen car, so it can demand more money due to exclusivity,

.... and is faster than yours...

for the first time ever, vette owners will have to say... yeah, you do get what you pay for after all huh? :(

Chevy needs to allow for more options and customizing on the interior. They could make a fortune up chargine stiching and seat belt colors etc.

I bought a new z51...

guess what... chevy doenst have a carbon fiber dashboard for my car. Awww... 1 of 2 possible options and they ran out :(

Must be tricky keeping up with 2 possible dash board possibilities.

Ive been told if i want carbon, my car gets delayed until thanksgiving. Thats fun!

Oh, and those sport competition seats?

Yeah, they dont make those yet either. :(

A car company has had a chance, to make a seat it brags is an option, and they are already out of the seat and the dashboard...

ON THE FIRST BATCH OF THEIR CARS, AND IF YOU WANT THAT OPTION YOU HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NOVEMBER OR LATER?

Meanwhile porsche doesnt run out of interior parts, and they offer literally over 1000 different combinations of customization.

Chevy offers 2 seats, and 2 dash boards, but they really only offer 1.

Cant wait to see what else my car is missing once i start taking it appart.

I also cant wait to put it on a scale and show you that they probably lied about that as well.

irun4cops 07-14-2013 06:37 PM

i have a feeling this might be the last vette i buy.

JerriVette 07-14-2013 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1584406156)
Corvette stiffened chassis 57% on the BASE model. The base Stingray weighs 3298 lbs at half the cost of the GT3.

The GT3 weighs 3200 lbs. Not impressive for >$131,000 base and it doesn't even offer a manual transmission. We'll see how Porsche purists feel about that.

BTW, we'll see what the >$131,000 Corvette weighs.

I like how you think.

That 98 lbs is one expensive weight loss program...

I" ll take corvette c7 z51 with MRC for 56 grand

Simply amazing sports car by GM ..

Sin City 07-14-2013 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Irun4cops. I have your dream car. Please buy it and leave the rest of us alone to have an actual discussion about what we intend to buy.

Here you go -- round tail lights, AWD, and turbo's and all. :)

Speednet 07-14-2013 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by irun4cops (Post 1584406373)
i have a feeling this might be the last vette i buy.

Hopefully the last post you make to the forums too.

irun4cops 07-14-2013 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by JerriVette (Post 1584406374)
I like how you think.

That 98 lbs is one expensive weight loss program...

I" ll take corvette c7 z51 with MRC for 56 grand

Simply amazing sports car by GM ..

oh really?

will you take one?

because i actually am taking one.

And they dont have a dashboard for my 3lt car that im paying 70g for... or the seats i want.

so let me know when you want to "take one" because i own a chevy store, so i can sell you one. I also own a porsche store. And an audi store.

So ill let you know... when chevy offers your car... with the dashboard and the seats its brags it has... but forgot to build for its first few months.

"i wonder why people are so mad at chevy for? hmmmm!"

Shoot me over a credit ap, ill sell you my car i have on order for 70g that wont have a carbon dashboard or competition seats.

and that goes for all the other wanna be's who say "id buy one... if only i could buy one..." :crazy2:

irun4cops 07-14-2013 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sin City (Post 1584406395)
Hey Irun4cops. I have your dream car. Please buy it and leave the rest of us alone to have an actual discussion about what we intend to buy.

Here you go -- round tail lights, AWD, and turbo's and all. :)

they are too heavy, and my c6tt car destorys it.

the new lambo and r8 coming out, and the new gt3rs... yes, i will buy.

they are lighter.

I guess you missed that part as being important to me.

Hirohawa 07-14-2013 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Sin City (Post 1584406357)
Wow. Some here need to get a grip. Did the wife burn the breakfast this morning or something? The paper boy left the paper on the wet grass? Maybe having a gout attack?

Let's stick to the issues and not start name calling. I think (or at least I hope) we can be adults here.

:cheers:

When someone starts a response with "get a life" I take offense.

Breakfast was fine. Are there still paperboys kinda last century.

How was your morning?

Sin City 07-14-2013 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by irun4cops (Post 1584406448)
they are too heavy, and my c6tt car destorys it.

the new lambo and r8 coming out, and the new gt3rs... yes, i will buy.

they are lighter.

I guess you missed that part as being important to me.

Well, what's important to you isn't important to the rest of us.

If you were REALLY so passionate about weight and power and its importance, you would laugh at the new Lambo and R8 and buy the McLaren 12c right now at a bargain price instead.

But you won't, will you?

No, I didn't think so.

Better to rant than actually follow through on your beliefs.

BlueOx 07-14-2013 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by irun4cops (Post 1584406228)
porsches are 10 times nicer inside, customizable all the way down to the seat belt color, the faces on the gauges, the stiching on the seat, and the 30+ colors of leather they let you choose from.

There is a reason they are double the money.

And their last car, that was HEAVIER than a vette, kept up quite well in lemans, and also on the street. Not to mention, they have ALL WHEEL drive as an option, and launch a full second faster to 60mph.

For them to be nicer inside AND faster... and ... NICER OUTSIDE... the ass end of their car looks like a million bucks...

there is no reason for a person to pour money into a vette, when they can just spend the money up front on a porsche, and the car holds its value.

In my opinion, my c6 tt z06 is going to be a collector car one day, because its the last car that chevy got lighter with.

I HOPE... that chevy goes crazy with carbon fiber and magnesium all over the z06 interiors... im talking carbon fiber seats, whole dash board assemblies, door panels... everything.

And if they do... cool.

But its spooky for a person like myself, when a car company brags about how their frame is stiffer and gains weight...

meanwhile porsches also got stiffer... and guess what... it lost weight.

neat how thats possible huh?

Oh, so you've moved on from that to interiors now? I'm guessing real Corvette owners aren't trying to match their interior to the color of their drapes at home.:rofl:

So the last GT3 was heavier than the Vette and still cost twice as much? :rofl:

All that money for the GT3 and still less than 100 lbs lighter? That should be worth at least 500. Wait for the $131k Corvette and we'll see how they compare. You want to compare the $52k Corvette to the $131,000 GT3, GM will take that one all day long.

Sin City 07-14-2013 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Hirohawa (Post 1584406458)
:cheers:

When someone starts a response with "get a life" I take offense.

Breakfast was fine. Are there still paperboys kinda last century.

How was your morning?

Actually, it's kinda hot and rainy in Hong Kong this morning and I'm about to go to the office and do some work.

So, I guess Ok. :)

irun4cops 07-14-2013 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1584406480)
Oh, so you've moved on from that to interiors now? I'm guessing real Corvette owners aren't trying to match their interior to the color of their drapes at home.:rofl:

So the last GT3 was heavier than the Vette and still cost twice as much? :rofl:

All that money for the GT3 and still less than 100 lbs lighter? That should be worth at least 500. Wait for the $131k Corvette and we'll see how they compare. You want to compare the $52k Corvette to the $131,000 GT3, GM will take that one all day long.

no im comparing it to my 70g car that doesnt have a carbon dash board because chevy didnt think people were going to order it, so they ran out after 4 out of 20 cars were ordered through our store.

And 0 out of 20 cars ordered have competition seats.

But chevy did a great job on this new interior, let me tell you.

You just have to fork over 200g for the indy pace car or the original prototypes because they are the only 3 cars that actually have it. :rofl:

irun4cops 07-14-2013 07:00 PM

"i'll sacrafice weight if it means i get a nicer interior!"

... umm, no you wont, lol

Youll sacrafice weight and then find out your interior you dreamed about and had a deposit of a couple thousand, for the past 6 months...

yeilds you a car that doesnt have that interior.

But the good news is... our official story chevy has told us to tell people is...

you buy the better seats in the parts department for a few grand when they actually make them... and the carbon dash, you can buy that too for an aditional 1500+ dollars... and then pay our stores to put it in for you, and pay another few hundred.

Its tough predicting people were going to pick 1 of 2 possible choices.

Ill let you know when i ever hear or porsche saying they run out of an option ;)

irun4cops 07-14-2013 07:03 PM

...on their first batch of cars ;) lmfao

irun4cops 07-14-2013 07:05 PM

blue ox... their new frames are lighter and stiffer, so the new 911 will be faster.

you didnt make a point buddy.

1986C4Z51 07-14-2013 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by irun4cops (Post 1584406038)
im a troll...

thats why im the first person on this forum today to talk about turbo charging my c7.

And i have a numbered museum 200,000+ dollar 1000 hp lingenfelter tt z06 car signed by ron fellows with no expense spared... which ron fellows set up the phadt coil over suspension on the car for 3 hours one day.

And i have hundreds of posts on here as i custom build larger fuel systems etc.

I take these cars appart constantly, and make them better.

I love corvettes. I loved them because they used to be lighter than porsche. This next generation, that is not the case.

People switch brands when their brand stops advancing at the proper pace.

You guys are so brainwashed, you think a v6 makes 300hp, and you sight bmw's motors weight.

Guess what, porsche is winning lemans. Their motor is the one you should be paying attention to...

And their V6... is making more power, than your V8 in your entry level car, and their is 2.2 liters smaller, and their engine is lighter.

Thanks for pretending chevy did the best that can be done... and why are the wheels only 285 width? Who's brilliant idea was that?

The car will be good, once a person like myself pours a bunch of money into it.

Or a person can go buy a base 911 S and be in an uncommon import, that holds its value better, and demands more respect from the general public. And be faster 0-60. And have more grip.

Focussing on losing brands, to make yourself feel better, isnt addressing the problem. Porsche is the brand you should be looking at. As well as ferrari, as well as lamborghini, because the c5 and c6 were much lighter than their cars...

And the c7 is now heavier. Thats a big deal.

Porsche uses a Flat 6, not a V6. As far as Le Mans is concerned, I don't believe there is any way that you can draw the conclusion that Porsche street cars are better or faster based on what is happening in a race regulated by Europeans. When I pull the ducting from my throttle body, I don't see a restrictor in there. When the real street cars have been tested by magazines recently, the C6 acquitted itself extremely well against McClaren, Ferrari, and Porsche to the point that they should have been humiliated.

As far as weight goes, I'm with you on that. I was very disappointed that the C7 is as heavy as it is, but I'm not going give up yet: look at the Z/28. I think that shows a change in corporate attitude where they are not afraid to market a car with less equipment than a rental car.

However, the C6 Z06 is heavier than a C5 Z06. I came up with a number of about 80 pounds more. Wouldn't it have been great if they could have made it as light or lighter than the C5? It could have been done. I understand that there is about 40 pounds of SOUND INSULATION in the trunk area of the C6 alone!

So the C6 had already started the slide backwards. Only because it has 30% more power does it outperform the C5.

Porsche makes great cars, but they, like most manufacturers are making them much heavier than they used to. I put the blame partly on the government, partly on the manufacturer, and largely on the customers, because customers want what are essentially rolling electronic entertainment pods.

irun4cops 07-14-2013 07:08 PM

and i wasnt trying to match my interior to my drapes...

i was hoping it would be carbon.

Instead of black plastic again, matching your kids batman toy.

And i was hoping the seats, would have those holes in them, so i could put a roll bar in the car, get a 5 point harness, and take it to the track...

but thats not what corvettes are meant for anymore ;)

irun4cops 07-14-2013 07:10 PM

let me know if you guys are still having a hard time figuring out why some of us arent happy with chevy, lol

Its tricky to understand.

Durnberg 07-14-2013 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sin City (Post 1584406485)
Actually, it's kinda hot and rainy in Hong Kong this morning and I'm about to go to the office and do some work.

So, I guess Ok. :)

Hong Kong, how cool. Always wanted to go there (and Singapore). Closest I got was Bien Hoa Air Base, Vietnam. It was also hot and rainy. Not much of an office though.

BlueOx 07-14-2013 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by irun4cops (Post 1584406600)
and i wasnt trying to match my interior to my drapes...

i was hoping it would be carbon.

Instead of black plastic again, matching your kids batman toy.

And i was hoping the seats, would have those holes in them, so i could put a roll bar in the car, get a 5 point harness, and take it to the track...

but thats not what corvettes are meant for anymore ;)

Sure, buy a Z51 for $56k, you still have a $75k to spend on track stuff. The base GT3 doesn't come with a roll bar or with the holes in the seats for a five point harness either. And it doesn't even offer real suede!:rofl: