CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   lemon pledge (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3295768-lemon-pledge.html)

ALLEN007 06-27-2013 06:18 AM

I have a product called Bass Boat Saver that I use on my Bass Boat and one day tried it on the vette and it worked great, but it is for fiberglass. If someone put this same stuff in a bottle and called it Corvette Saver I believe you would make some money.

sjohnson2615 06-27-2013 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Kingspoke (Post 1584259057)
It's been a Harley Davidson owner's detail polish & bug remover for quite a long time, however they changed the formula recently. I still have a couple of cans of the old formula. The old formula will not damage the factory custom paint, and is the best product to easily remove bugs.

How has the formula changed recently?
Since you say the old formula will not damage the factory paint,are you saying the new formula WILL damage the paint?
Please explain

Uncle Meat 06-27-2013 06:42 AM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/a71029920...btb4o1_500.png

FortMorganAl 06-27-2013 06:44 AM

Pledge is essentially silicone oil and naptha.

JKbride 06-27-2013 06:45 AM

:lurk:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...nteresting.jpg

davidtcpa 06-27-2013 07:20 AM

I've never heard of this. :lurk:

gguillie 06-27-2013 07:56 AM

My neighbor uses it on the windshield of his Cessna before a flight because bugs don't stick to it. Might be good for the fog and headlight bezels.

Given its many uses, it may also cure jock itch and remove stains from the driveway.

GPG

roscoe118 06-27-2013 08:06 AM

Haven't thought of trying it on the car, but it works great on the tires...:thumbs:

vettenut 06-27-2013 08:28 AM

Lemon Pledge

It work GREAT to clean the rear facia.

dvilin 06-27-2013 08:33 AM

Never used it on any of my cars, although it sounds like it does a nice job, I will stick with the more traditional detailers and waxes.

keith954 06-27-2013 08:35 AM

I found this thread..
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/car-...on-pledge.html

Snowwolfe 06-27-2013 10:18 AM

One thing I have learned on this forum is there are a lot of members who seem to think the more detailing supplies (wax, polish, detail sprays, etc) cost the better they are. Maybe some of the better products are worth it, I have not tried them all. Personally I think companies just rebadge the same products, raise the prices and then call the item the latest and greatest.

But I would bet $100 the majority of people would pick the "Pledge" car for overall shine compared to other products. Been using it on my Corvettes since 2001 and it does not harm the paint in any shape, manner or form. Before 2001 used it on every other car I owned. It gives a deep wet look to the paint that always gets comments. There might be other products as good, but none that are as inexpensive or easy to find. It is a detailing spray and will not take the place of wax.

But hey, its your money. Do as you like. God knows I pissed away a fortune on crazy stuff over the years, lol. :rofl:

traderfjp 06-27-2013 10:29 AM

Pro Honda

When I had my motorcycle the unaminous favorite in all the forums for a quick detailer was Pro Honda Polish and detailer. It is only 11.00 a can and works on everything. It goes on and comes off easy leaving a deep wet shine:

Originally Posted by snowwolfe (Post 1584261574)
One thing I have learned on this forum is there are a lot of members who seem to think the more detailing supplies (wax, polish, detail sprays, etc) cost the better they are. Maybe some of the better products are worth it, I have not tried them all. Personally I think companies just rebadge the same products, raise the prices and then call the item the latest and greatest.

But I would bet $100 the majority of people would pick the "Pledge" car for overall shine compared to other products. Been using it on my Corvettes since 2001 and it does not harm the paint in any shape, manner or form. Before 2001 used it on every other car I owned. It gives a deep wet look to the paint that always gets comments. There might be other products as good, but none that are as inexpensive or easy to find. It is a detailing spray and will not take the place of wax.

But hey, its your money. Do as you like. God knows I pissed away a fortune on crazy stuff over the years, lol. :rofl:

Johnathon59 06-27-2013 12:21 PM

By using Pledge does dust seem to stick to it more ? since it contains an oil base.

Snowwolfe 06-27-2013 12:30 PM

I don't believe so. My GS is Crystal Red and it does not seem to matter if it is freshly waxed or wiped down with Pledge if it sits in the garage for more than a day it needs a wipe no matter what.

Uncle Meat 06-27-2013 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Johnathon59 (Post 1584262713)
By using Pledge does dust seem to stick to it more ? since it contains an oil base.

I don't believe there is any "oil" in Lemon Pledge, then again I'm not a chemist!

U.M.

Lemon Pledge ingredients:

Water
Isoparaffin
Dimethicone
Octylphosphonic Acid
Nitrogen
Polysorbate 80
Sorbitan Oleate
Polydimethylsiloxane
Aminomethyl Propanol
Fragrance from SC Johnson Fragrance Palette
Proprietary Thickening Agent
Methylisothiazolinone

traderfjp 06-27-2013 12:34 PM

Is it good to wipe a car when dry? I'm always worried that dust or dirt wil scratch the finish. I find it easier to rinse and wipe down and then use a detail spray. Never tried wiping it dry with pledge or any other detail spray.

GOLD72 06-27-2013 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by fireinv38 (Post 1584258863)
anybody else on this forum use lemon pledge? started using it in 1964 on my white stingray convertible. have tried every wax, cleaner, and detailer and still find pledge great. just wondering what your feelings are. just put on my 2012 grand sport, racing stripes 3M carbon fibre. outrageous look. pledge works great on this also. any other product ideas would be appreciated.

I used Pledge on the vinyl interior of my 72 vette for many years long before there were aftermarket products like Armorall for that. Works great there.

BettermostCorvette 06-27-2013 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by fireinv38 (Post 1584258863)
anybody else on this forum use lemon pledge? started using it in 1964 on my white stingray convertible. have tried every wax, cleaner, and detailer and still find pledge great. just wondering what your feelings are. just put on my 2012 grand sport, racing stripes 3M carbon fibre. outrageous look. pledge works great on this also. any other product ideas would be appreciated.

I never tried it on the body but I do use it on the interior. Very good at cleaning all the grime that fall in a vert.

GOLD72 06-27-2013 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by MidYearRoadster (Post 1584259127)
Al Knoch interiors ..told me to use it on my leather seats...

See my earlier post. Works great on vinyl interiors as well.