CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvettes for Sale (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvettes-for-sale-98/)
-   -   salvage titled Black 2009 C6 Z51 M6..29k miles near Springfield Mass (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvettes-for-sale/3218817-salvage-titled-black-2009-c6-z51-m6-29k-miles-near-springfield-mass.html)

PFTMMA19 04-16-2013 03:45 PM

Would you entertain a trade for a custom Hummer H2 SUT?

gunnerja 04-16-2013 04:16 PM

1st off if a car is stolen the insurance company will salvage since the situation it was put through is unknown. 2nd a salvage or rebuild title GREATLY reduces the worth and the ability to sell. Though may look nice (and even a number of banks will loan against), the true market is how badly the insurance company will deam its worth. I've owned a salvage and have no issues with them however my insurance company (USAA) only valued it @ approx 60% through underwriting.

Just information for thought.

mriley1 04-16-2013 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by MachAll 2005 (Post 1583654204)
Is that a ROCK between your jack and rear suspension?

Sometimes you have to make what you have work! and what i had was a rock, not a single piece of wood in sight...what are the odds right? plus it was car show weekend in lake george so i wanted to swap my stock mufflers for the B&B

mriley1 04-16-2013 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Top_Fuel (Post 1583653629)
:

This could be a great buy for someone...especially someone who actually plans on driving the car and putting some miles on it. The car already has a sweet exhaust setup on it, too. :yesnod:

Exactly what i was thinking. To some people saving 6-8k on this vette isnt alot, to me saving roughly 7k is a good deal

PFTMMA19 04-16-2013 10:24 PM

Email sent

~Stingray 04-17-2013 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by gunnerja (Post 1583654862)
1st off if a car is stolen the insurance company will salvage since the situation it was put through is unknown.

This seems very un-thought out on their part. The Insurance companies have no idea how you or I are the driving the cars. Given the example previously, if a stolen car is a joy ride and you cover the car how would that be any different that the owner driving the car hard? The driver knows, but the insurance company does not. The owner could be treating it worse than the one who stole it. So as long as the car is recovered and an inspection of the car shows nothing wrong...a salvaged title for a car sure seems like mega over kill and a kick in the face to the owner.

jashearer 04-17-2013 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by ~Stingray (Post 1583659665)
This seems very un-thought out on their part. The Insurance companies have no idea how you or I are the driving the cars. Given the example previously, if a stolen car is a joy ride and you cover the car how would that be any different that the owner driving the car hard? The driver knows, but the insurance company does not. The owner could be treating it worse than the one who stole it. So as long as the car is recovered and an inspection of the car shows nothing wrong...a salvaged title for a car sure seems like mega over kill and a kick in the face to the owner.

You are correct, the generalized statement you quote is not correct. An owner may pressure his/her insurance into it, but as a general rule if its recovered before a settle is paid it goes back to the owner as non-salvage.

Jay

mriley1 04-17-2013 07:52 AM

you are both correct, but you are assuming the car is only gone for a week. if the car is missing for 45 days or more the insurance company must declare the vehicle a total loss, they assume its long gone and never going to be recovered. hence the salvage title.

gunnerja 04-17-2013 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by ~Stingray (Post 1583659665)

A kick in the face of the owner. WoW really..

Any how as I noted I like salvage vehicles for a good price that has been properly done. Deal is must hang on to it and enjoy it.

Blown_Red_97z 04-18-2013 01:36 AM

Pmed and emailed

Corvette03051 04-18-2013 06:53 AM

Rock

Looks like it would work to me. No harm no foul.

ed1 04-18-2013 07:24 AM

I just did a quick search on auto trader and erepairable (website to buy salvage cars) and found two interesting facts:
1) -There are 136 2009 manual corvettes with less than 30k milesfor sale nationwide. The lowest price was $31,000 and only 13 were priced under 40k leaving 123 priced over 40k
2) -A quick search on erepairables revealed that badly damaged salvaged title corvettes 06-09 had a buy it now price averaging 18k and these were badly damaged!

I say all that to say the 24k asking price for this corvette is a good deal and he did say "negotiable" which I would take to mean at least $1000 maybe more, MAYBE.

To potential buyers-- have it checked out professional and check with your insurance company to make sure it can be covered.

To the seller- It looks like a decent car and if I was not in the market for a C7 I would take it off your hands. I've owned salvaged before they don't scare me! Good luck with the sell.

PhearCVBz 04-19-2013 12:55 PM

I check in on this thread daily to see if it's still available and hope that it's in my driveway soon :thumbs:

Shoaf85 04-19-2013 07:33 PM

Just sold mine and looking for a project car this one is VERY temtping. I will be in touch soon especially if we can work on price just a little! I am a serious buyer and if you are in the mood to sell quickly pm me you bottom dollar so we can discuss!

chevahaulic 04-21-2013 10:58 AM

No one buys a " Salvage Title " to resell. ( private, not dealers, fixers, peddlers ) They are branded for good reason. My knowledge comes from being a salvage inspector for fourteen years as part of my law enforcement duties. Local banks in my area are a bit skidish on financing them. Many are turned down or must provide additional collateral.
I have rebuilt a few including my college kids transportation. They are a good investment ( providing location of damage and repairs are minimal ) if you drive them to the end and never have to bank on trading or selling.
Personally buying a high dollar sports car with a branded title in my case would be out of the question due to the financial loss at the end. Corvettes I have owned rarely loose value and are easily sold when change is needed. Many don't understand correct repairs and want the perfect examples for a budget price.

2004TTZ06 04-22-2013 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by stanklr (Post 1583640369)
Noticed that too :D:D

I would guess a fair price would be below 20's for a salvage title car.

^^^ I sell a lot of salvage vettes, and I would have to disagree with this car being below 20k in value. This car is priced right and with some really good photos and a great write up on fleabay this thing wouldn't last 24 hours at that price!:thumbs:

2004TTZ06 04-22-2013 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by ed1 (Post 1583669734)
I just did a quick search on auto trader and erepairable (website to buy salvage cars) and found two interesting facts:
1) -There are 136 2009 manual corvettes with less than 30k milesfor sale nationwide. The lowest price was $31,000 and only 13 were priced under 40k leaving 123 priced over 40k
2) -A quick search on erepairables revealed that badly damaged salvaged title corvettes 06-09 had a buy it now price averaging 18k and these were badly damaged!

I say all that to say the 24k asking price for this corvette is a good deal and he did say "negotiable" which I would take to mean at least $1000 maybe more, MAYBE.

To potential buyers-- have it checked out professional and check with your insurance company to make sure it can be covered.

To the seller- It looks like a decent car and if I was not in the market for a C7 I would take it off your hands. I've owned salvaged before they don't scare me! Good luck with the sell.

Well said!

PhearCVBz 04-22-2013 03:47 PM

Hopefully sold to me. Everything set on this end, just waiting on some paperwork from seller and for him to be back in town and available for me to pick it up. Hoping we are good to go and it's in my driveway in a matter of days.

jbusmc1986 04-22-2013 05:12 PM

Let me know if this sale falls through, I am very interested and live in NY :flag:

meinersk 04-22-2013 05:52 PM

I have a mercedes benz cls 55 amg i am looking to trade...2006. 72,000 miles nicest looking mb i think and faster then 400 hp vette lol...