Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvettes for Sale
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ
Search
C6 Corvettes for Sale
Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes Sponsored by
Les Stanford Chevrolet

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
mriley1
CF Senior Member
 
mriley1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2012
Location: Enfield, CT/Queensbury, NY CT, NY
Default salvage titled Black 2009 C6 Z51 M6..29k miles near Springfield Mass

After thinking about it alot over this winter i think im going to try and sell my Corvette.
I bought it in april after selling my 2005 GTO , this is my first corvette and i love it to death but i think i want to try something new, maybe a Mercedes or Lexus. I am moving in a few months to cape cod for work and dont have a garage to put this in, and i really wont be able to enjoy the car like it should be enjoyed. The car runs 100% and if i didnt tell you it has a salvage title you would never guess.

Car was stolen back when it had 3000 miles on it, so this is a theft recovery. This is NOT a flood recovery, and was NEVER involved in a major accident. The car had minor damage to the drivers side rear quarter panel, and drivers side rear rim. The damage totaled 4 grand, i had the original insurance papers around here when i first bought it and i will have to see if i can find them. The quarter panel and rim were replaced with OEM, and the work was professionally done, i know a few body guys and to this day even if i tell them where the damage was, they cannot tell a repair has been done.

The car is in fantastic condition.
C6 Z51
Chrome rims (currently plasti-dipped black)
Mild 2 Wild
B&B Fusion exhaust
LG Headers with Hi-flow cats
K&N Cold Air Intake
Black Leather interior
Carbon fiber Dash
Brand new Ventus V12 tires with maybe 2k miles on them
Runs smooth, everything operates as it should. I have never had any problems with this car.

I have all OEM Exhaust components besides mufflers to go with the car.

I will let anybody who is interested inspect it, or pay to have it inspected by a pro, ill jack the car up and you can inspect anything youd like. I dont want anybody to feel that i am hiding anything. I have a New York title in hand with the word "salvage" on it ready to go. I will upload a few pictures i have on my computer, and when i get home next week i will take the car out of storage and take some more pictures

I feel that asking 24k is more than fair, but come take a look at it and we can negotiate. Trades are an option let me know what you have
PM me or email mriley775@gmail.com my name is Mike

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by mriley1; 02-15-2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Added pics
mriley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #2
Kimera
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Mar 2012
Default

great deal! glws
Kimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
mowe
CF Senior Member

 
mowe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta Ga
Default

Great price !
mowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
mriley1
CF Senior Member
 
mriley1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2012
Location: Enfield, CT/Queensbury, NY CT, NY
Default

thanks guys
mriley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:18 PM   #5
Piperporsche180944
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2011
Default

Email sent
Piperporsche180944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:52 PM   #6
jashearer
CF Senior Member
 
jashearer's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2005
Location: Davenport IA
Default

Wtf, are you using a rock as a jack extender????

Jay
jashearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:13 AM   #7
stanklr
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashearer View Post
Wtf, are you using a rock as a jack extender????

Jay
Noticed that too

I would guess a fair price would be below 20's for a salvage title car.
stanklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #8
Tebs
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2012
Default

Hello,

Any pics of what it looked like wrecked so I can get an better idea of the extent of the damage?
Tebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:40 AM   #9
mriley1
CF Senior Member
 
mriley1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2012
Location: Enfield, CT/Queensbury, NY CT, NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashearer View Post
Wtf, are you using a rock as a jack extender????

Jay
sometimes you have to make what you have work, and all i had was a rock. i couldnt believe it either i mean i didnt have a single 2x4 anywhere in my garage, it worked fine though so no harm done
mriley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #10
mriley1
CF Senior Member
 
mriley1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2012
Location: Enfield, CT/Queensbury, NY CT, NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanklr View Post
Noticed that too

I would guess a fair price would be below 20's for a salvage title car.
now why would you guess that? in this case the only thing a salvage title does is affect if you can get a loan for my car, everything else about the car is perfect. like i said you can inspect my car head to toe take off the wheels etc. you wont find anything fishy. i still have the original window sticker for the car, the original front licence plate holder and everything. Vin# 1g1yy25w495106674 if you google it all the original photos come up from when the car was first getting sold by the insurance company. theres no photos of damage anywhere, and there used to be an ebay listing from the previous owner listing it there, bidding got up to 28,000 dollars. so i would say your guess of below 20k is not accurate
mriley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #11
jashearer
CF Senior Member
 
jashearer's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2005
Location: Davenport IA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriley1 View Post
sometimes you have to make what you have work, and all i had was a rock. i couldnt believe it either i mean i didnt have a single 2x4 anywhere in my garage, it worked fine though so no harm done
I'm not judging, I've done some pretty crazy stuff too, just don't think I would put it up for the whole world to see

Jay
jashearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #12
bluegoatee05
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2012
Location: Fredericksburg VA
Default

Lol....I was thinking about your offer for a trade, but I have a 2005 GTO as well. Not sure if you'd want to go back to your same model car, but mine only has 6900 miles on it, but a lot of work done to it, to include full exhaust, cam, ported intake and throttle body, as well as an extra set of OEM 18' rims and stuff from the Holden division.
GLWS if not.
bluegoatee05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #13
mriley1
CF Senior Member
 
mriley1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2012
Location: Enfield, CT/Queensbury, NY CT, NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashearer View Post
I'm not judging, I've done some pretty crazy stuff too, just don't think I would put it up for the whole world to see

Jay
haha eh its alright some people might find it entertaining so i figure why not. trust me when i put the rock under there and found out it actually worked i was laughing too. plus i figured with the ramps right underneath the wheels i was safe.
mriley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #14
mriley1
CF Senior Member
 
mriley1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2012
Location: Enfield, CT/Queensbury, NY CT, NY
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoatee05 View Post
Lol....I was thinking about your offer for a trade, but I have a 2005 GTO as well. Not sure if you'd want to go back to your same model car, but mine only has 6900 miles on it, but a lot of work done to it, to include full exhaust, cam, ported intake and throttle body, as well as an extra set of OEM 18' rims and stuff from the Holden division.
GLWS if not.
PM'd
mriley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #15
PhearCVBz
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2008
Location: Montgomery Center Vermont
Default

aw man, why couldn't you wait another month or so to post this (when i have cash)? never tried to get a loan out for a salvaged vehicle, but sounds like it sucks....figures, i have the worst timing. good luck with your sale!
PhearCVBz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #16
~Stingray
CF Senior Member
 
~Stingray's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2011
Default

Why does this car have a salvage title for 4K of damage? Even still, I would not say 4k is minor.
~Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #17
stanklr
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriley1 View Post
now why would you guess that? in this case the only thing a salvage title does is affect if you can get a loan for my car, everything else about the car is perfect. like i said you can inspect my car head to toe take off the wheels etc. you wont find anything fishy. i still have the original window sticker for the car, the original front licence plate holder and everything. Vin# 1g1yy25w495106674 if you google it all the original photos come up from when the car was first getting sold by the insurance company. theres no photos of damage anywhere, and there used to be an ebay listing from the previous owner listing it there, bidding got up to 28,000 dollars. so i would say your guess of below 20k is not accurate
I said that because it's known that a salvage car will lose value up to 30% to 50% compared to Non-Salv car.

And who the hell would bid 28,000 for a Salv title theft and damaged car when a clean title could be found for high twentees or lower 30,000

car looks clean though, GLWS.
stanklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #18
jashearer
CF Senior Member
 
jashearer's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2005
Location: Davenport IA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stingray View Post
Why does this car have a salvage title for 4K of damage? Even still, I would not say 4k is minor.
Theft... If your vehicle is stolen, and you push your insurance to write you a check immediately (which you would) as soon as its recovered its branded "salvage" and sold through an auction by the insurance company. It could have $0 visible damage and still get the title.

Most thefts are for joy-rides or end up in accident situations. You also have to be aware of how the theft occured, was a window broken and dash torn open to "hot-wire" it?

My buddy in highschool had his IROC-Z stolen from his parents drive-way but the keys were above the visor, so no damage outside of the theives beating the hell out of it. It was recovered the next morning, so he got a couple thosand $ payment from his insurance to offset some preventative maintenance (trans/rear/engine flushes) but he got his car back and never had to disclose it to the next owner.

As for $4k being minor, it doesn't take much at all to rack up that kind of a bill, you'd be surprised.

Jay
jashearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #19
Top_Fuel
CF Senior Member
 
Top_Fuel's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2008
Location: Dayton Ohio
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jashearer View Post
...As for $4k being minor, it doesn't take much at all to rack up that kind of a bill, you'd be surprised.


The OP stated that one rear quarter panel and one wheel were replaced with OEM. Heck, that's probably $2,000 in parts right there. Add in professional install and paint and you're at $4,000.

This could be a great buy for someone...especially someone who actually plans on driving the car and putting some miles on it. The car already has a sweet exhaust setup on it, too.
Top_Fuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #20
MachAll 2005
CF Senior Member
 
MachAll 2005's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2005
Location: "Cedar Valley" (Northeastern) Iowa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriley1 View Post
After thinking about it alot over this winter i think im going to try and sell my Corvette.
I bought it in april after selling my 2005 GTO , this is my first corvette and i love it to death but i think i want to try something new, maybe a Mercedes or Lexus. I am moving in a few months to cape cod for work and dont have a garage to put this in, and i really wont be able to enjoy the car like it should be enjoyed. The car runs 100% and if i didnt tell you it has a salvage title you would never guess.

Car was stolen back when it had 3000 miles on it, so this is a theft recovery. This is NOT a flood recovery, and was NEVER involved in a major accident. The car had minor damage to the drivers side rear quarter panel, and drivers side rear rim. The damage totaled 4 grand, i had the original insurance papers around here when i first bought it and i will have to see if i can find them. The quarter panel and rim were replaced with OEM, and the work was professionally done, i know a few body guys and to this day even if i tell them where the damage was, they cannot tell a repair has been done.

The car is in fantastic condition.
C6 Z51
Chrome rims (currently plasti-dipped black)
Mild 2 Wild
B&B Fusion exhaust
LG Headers with Hi-flow cats
K&N Cold Air Intake
Black Leather interior
Carbon fiber Dash
Brand new Ventus V12 tires with maybe 2k miles on them
Runs smooth, everything operates as it should. I have never had any problems with this car.

I have all OEM Exhaust components besides mufflers to go with the car.

I will let anybody who is interested inspect it, or pay to have it inspected by a pro, ill jack the car up and you can inspect anything youd like. I dont want anybody to feel that i am hiding anything. I have a New York title in hand with the word "salvage" on it ready to go. I will upload a few pictures i have on my computer, and when i get home next week i will take the car out of storage and take some more pictures

I feel that asking 24k is more than fair, but come take a look at it and we can negotiate. Trades are an option let me know what you have
PM me or email mriley775@gmail.com my name is Mike



Click the image to open in full size.
Is that a ROCK between your jack and rear suspension?
MachAll 2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:10 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvettes for Sale
Reload this Page salvage titled Black 2009 C6 Z51 M6..29k miles near Springfield Mass
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Emails & Password Backup

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2