CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Make sure your e-brake is engaged....ZR1 is wrecked (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2930047-make-sure-your-e-brake-is-engaged-zr1-is-wrecked.html)

LisasZR1 11-12-2011 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by jim2527 (Post 1579198049)
Lisa, its good to hear you made it through relatively unscathed.

A similar incident happend to guy in C3 a few years back, I didnt read all 12 pages of this thread so excuse me if these were posted already:

Gruesome pics removed: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...cs-inside.html

Grueseome pic inside: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...-it-works.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...umber-two.html

Contians link to gruesome pic: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...lf-thread.html

Oh S--T! You know I had to look at the gruesome pics. I hope that guy recovered fully because that was some bad stuff. SEE? You just gotta remind peoplel to be careful. :eek:

LisasZR1 11-12-2011 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by lordofwar (Post 1579197334)
it is a shame about you and your car.after both are fixed it will fade away.i think you are more of a man then some of the men on this site.i have more respect for you than the whiners and keyboard commandos here.like i stated i have done stupid things and paid for it with my skin and my wallet.i learned from it and i remembered NOT to do that again.what does not kill you,makes you stronger.speedy recovery for you and your vette.post pics when you and the car are all back together again.

OK! So let's all get back on point. The guys are watching out for me, not whining. They are my buds (and will be yours too). I know so much about cars and vettes because of these guys. :thumbs:

I hope you realize that people learn from others mistakes. It's not embarrasing or shameful to admit those events to others.

All of that said, I talked with Chris at Richey yesterday and they are addressing my concerns and instead of Monday a.m., I'm picking the car up on Tuesday at 9. I will get it home and take some pics and post them up in a seperate thread.

Till, then, again, you guys are the best. I so wish I could meet each of you in person. I'd give you all a huge hug for the well wishes and just basic info you always provide.

Grumpy 11-12-2011 09:43 AM

crap and quoted crap along with personal attacks..:seeya... who wants to join 'em?

Antonio1988 11-12-2011 10:20 AM

Glad to hear that you are ok, the car can be repaired. I actually always just leave the car in gear, but then again I am in Miami and the highest point of elevation down here is mt. trashmore (the local dump) lol

GOLD72 11-12-2011 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by jschindler (Post 1579198062)
When I read this the first time my impression was that you are making progress. But now you are bashing the "whiners" who are taking a stand to defend a friend of ours. Frankly, I don't think there is anything more honorable than standing up for friends. I suspect you are not the asshat that you are coming across as, but just to be clear, you ARE coming across as one.

:iagree: You are right Jim. He just can't help himself. He should just zip it but he keeps digging the hole deeper attempting to justify himself. :ack:

jschindler 11-12-2011 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Grumpy (Post 1579198723)
crap and quoted crap along with personal attacks..:seeya... who wants to join 'em?

I know it's gotten a bit ugly, and I appreciate that you are letting it go with just a warning because this thread serves a purpose. Thanks Grumpy - and I promise I'll back off now myself.

Torchsport 11-12-2011 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by jschindler (Post 1579201374)
I know it's gotten a bit ugly, and I appreciate that you are letting it go with just a warning because this thread serves a purpose. Thanks Grumpy - and I promise I'll back off now myself.

+1. :yesnod:

R&L's C6 11-12-2011 05:19 PM

+2 Sorry........:leaving:

Greenstealth 11-12-2011 05:24 PM

My z actually started to roll away on me once. Pretty scary but I got lucky it wasnt on a huge incline.

GOLD72 11-12-2011 05:37 PM

:iagree: Me too!! Lisa has gotten the message from the rest of us loud and clear. Get well soon Lisa!! :thumbs:

flynbyu2 11-13-2011 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by TripleAstyle123 (Post 1578934493)
I wish the OP a fast recovery!

Not trying to thread-jack but I think a little more on this topic could save someone else! I am pretty sure I personally don't FULLY engage the Parking Brake when on hills etc. Is the above a true, proven statement?

My parking brake won't hold the car on even the slightest incline unless it's pulled all the way up.

To make matters worse, these cars are built to very exacting standards. It only takes a slight touch to start them rolling, even on level ground. I can push mine back and forth in my garage (which is dead flat) with one hand.

DebRedZR1 11-13-2011 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1579201463)
+2 Sorry........:leaving:

=+3, :bb Some uncalled for remarks compel responses.

AORoads 11-13-2011 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579191748)

It took balls (well, you know :D) and A HUGE AMOUNT OF humility for her to share her mistake with us. She could have just kept quiet and laid low until her car (and leg) were fixed but she did not. By doing so, she has reminded us to take the proper steps when parking on a sloped surface.

Agree X2. and I added the [B]"orange stuff"[/COLOR][/COLOR]/B] because it did take a lot of courage to write this for all to see....and hopefully learn from. :thumbs::thumbs:

Raazor 11-13-2011 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Greenstealth (Post 1579201486)
My z actually started to roll away on me once. Pretty scary but I got lucky it wasnt on a huge incline.

same here :yesnod: a bit scary :eek:

need-for-speed 11-14-2011 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by AORoads (Post 1579206254)
Agree X2. and I added the [B]"orange stuff"[/COLOR][/COLOR]/B] because it did take a lot of courage to write this for all to see....and hopefully learn from. :thumbs::thumbs:

Bill, you could have used ANY color other than orange :toetap:

AORoads 11-14-2011 10:25 PM

But I LIKE orange, Mike. yuk :rofl:

jschindler 11-14-2011 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by need-for-speed (Post 1579220461)
Bill, you could have used ANY color other than orange :toetap:

Mike, be careful what you say about Bill - Grumpy is watching this thread like a hawk now :toetap:

AORoads 11-14-2011 11:05 PM

izzit the orange????/ :ack:

Runnn 11-14-2011 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Texas08C6 (Post 1579196587)
WOW! You guys truly warm my heart. Thanks for all the kind words and watching out for me. :yesnod:

Don't worry though, I'm thick skinned. Someone like this individual doesn't hurt my feelings. The best thing to do is ignore the comments. He'll be hard pressed to have other members help him down the road when he needs it (and he will). What goes around, comes around. This is the 2nd time in about a week that I've been exposed to a truly brusque person. :toetap:

I've ALWAYS got your back (in law enforcement we say your "6"), but you knew that already huh!! :blueangel:

LisasZR1 11-14-2011 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by AORoads (Post 1579220873)
izzit the orange????/ :ack:

:lol: Bill, I like your orange.

Originally Posted by Runnn (Post 1579220883)
I've ALWAYS got your back (in law enforcement we say your "6"), but you knew that already huh!! :blueangel:

I know you do Vince and THANKS!!!! And back atcha'!!!!
How's your dad?