CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance-101/)
-   -   What is the Best Spark Plugs for C6? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance/2651578-what-is-the-best-spark-plugs-for-c6.html)

Maverick 1 02-05-2018 12:44 PM

Plugs for my C6

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06 (Post 1574896982)
If your car is lightly modded or mostly stock ,the Delco plugs are the best. I have seen so many driveability issues recently with NGK's installed in reletively stock cars. I have swapped out NGK's for delco plugs in over a dozen cars recently for random drivability issues directly related to the plugs. Everything from P0300 codes to carbon tracking on the plugs.

I did a back to back comparison on Delco plugs vs NGK's in our LS2 Trailblazer SS and we lost 8 RWHP with NGK's. I still run them in the TBSS because it has a 125 kit on it, but I would not touch them in a stock car. I am running the AC Delcos in our Cammed Z06 without issue.

I have a C6 with 96K miles; recently installed stage two cam, MSD Air Force intake, American Racing long tubes, no cats, 3" tubes all the way out, lesser important, upgraded oil pump, timing gears/chain, rocker & springs, under drive balancer. Was looking for best recommended plugs.

demon340 02-05-2018 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Maverick 1 (Post 1596528619)
I have a C6 with 96K miles; recently installed stage two cam, MSD Air Force intake, American Racing long tubes, no cats, 3" tubes all the way out, lesser important, upgraded oil pump, timing gears/chain, rocker & springs, under drive balancer. Was looking for best recommended plugs.

NGK's have worked best in all my cars over the last 30 years or so, I have a set of TR55 going in the vette this spring, so I'll see what happens

HC Mechanic 02-05-2018 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06 (Post 1574896982)
If your car is lightly modded or mostly stock ,the Delco plugs are the best. I have seen so many driveability issues recently with NGK's installed in reletively stock cars. I have swapped out NGK's for delco plugs in over a dozen cars recently for random drivability issues directly related to the plugs. Everything from P0300 codes to carbon tracking on the plugs.

I did a back to back comparison on Delco plugs vs NGK's in our LS2 Trailblazer SS and we lost 8 RWHP with NGK's. I still run them in the TBSS because it has a 125 kit on it, but I would not touch them in a stock car. I am running the AC Delcos in our Cammed Z06 without issue.

Are you still running the Delco’s, if so what part #?

Dano523 02-06-2018 07:22 AM

The tr55 can cause FR feed back through the coils to the ECM, which can drops of the voltage output of the alternator; and would explain the power drop.

As for plugs for the vet, the OEM ls2/LS3 plug is the standard heat range, while the OEM plug for the LS9 has a cooler heat range instead.

old motorhead 02-06-2018 08:40 AM

Use stock Delco plugs for stock to mildly modded rides. Use the stock LS9/LS7 plugs as you up the power. You can substitute other iridium plugs that will work, but why try and fix something that really isn't broken. 41-104 is the Delco part number for the LS7/9 plugs.

Ummm....8 year old thread.