CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Problem with C6 2008 NEW car.... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2149418-problem-with-c6-2008-new-car.html)

Tiago Brito Ferreira 10-04-2008 11:16 AM

Problem with C6 2008 NEW car....

I’m from Brazil…. and here we dont have GM dealer that knows about Corvette... I bought a new Corvette C-6 / 2008 (from Tom of Marrone Pines Blv - Miami). I shipped the car over sea until Brazil, they but the car in container and turn OFF the battery (negative).

When I’ve got I fix the battery (negative) after that I turn ON the car.

The car was all right but after first 200 miles some problems appear.

I was driven and some lights start to appear in panel, first Tire pressure, anti-lock brakes system, park brake light and air bag lights, torn ON too. At same time the warning messages appear on DIC :
- SERVICE ACTIVE HANDLING SYSTEM
- SERVICE ANTI-LOCK BRAKES
- SERVICE TIRE MONITOR
- SERVICE VEHICLE SOON
- SERVICE FUEL SYSTEM
I tried to stopped the car turn (engine off), waited 10 min. and started engine again. In a fill seconds the panel all lights came ON again.

It’s very stranger, at morning all the car/panel works fine in the first 8 min, after that…. the Traction Control lights on panel turn ON ….and after more 3 min. other lights (SECURITY SYSTEM , ABS, AIR BAG, PARK BRAKE), turn on too.

I’ve check with SCAN tech-2, it lives some DTCs messages:

U2108 Lost Communication With Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) BCM,
ESC, TCM DTC U0100-U0299 or U2105-U2199
U1000 Class 2 Data Link BCM, DDM, DDS, DPM, DRR, FTC, HUD, IPC, PDM, Radio,
RCDLR, SCLCM, SDM, VCIMDTC U1000 and U1255
U1096 Lost Communication with Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) BCM, DDM, HUD,
HVAC, PDM, Radio, SDM DTC U1001-U1254
C0561 System Disabled Information Stored EBCM DTC C0561
U1000
U1000
U1000
U1000
U1164 Lost Communications with Driver Door Switch (DDS) DDM, DPM, DRR, IPC,
PDM, Radio, RCDLR DTC U1001-U1254
U1301 Class 2 Data Link High DDM, DDS, DRR, HVAC, IPC, PDM, Radio, SDM, VCIM
DTC U1300, U1301, or U1305
U1164 Lost Communications with Driver Door Switch (DDS) DDM, DPM, DRR, IPC, PDM, Radio,
RCDLR DTC U1001-U1254
U1064 Lost Communications with Body Control Module (BCM) DDM, DDS, DPM, DRR FTC,
HVAC, HUD, IPC, PDM, Radio, RCDLR, SDM, VCIM DTC U1001-U1254
U1024 Lost Communications with Transmission Control Module (TCM) DDS, DDM, DPM, FTC,
IPC, HUD, PDM, Radio, RCDLR DTC U1001-U1254
U1017 Lost Communications with Engine Control Module (ECM) DDM, DDS, DRR, FTC, HVAC,
HUD, IPC, PDM, Radio, RCDLR, SDM, VCIM DTC U1001-U1254
U1128 Lost Communications with Radio DRR, IPC, HUD DTC U1001-U1254
U1017
U1064
U1301
U1300 Class 2 Data Link Low DDM, DDS, DRR, HVAC, IPC, PDM, Radio, SDM, VCIM DTC U1300,
U1301, or U1305
U1000
U1301
U1301
B1440 Power Mode Master Input Circuits Mismatch RCDLR DTC B1440
P0690 Engine Controls Ignition Relay Feedback Circuit High Voltage ECM DTC
P0685, P0689, or P0690

Curiosities :
PS1: - When a turned on the Traction control system( first 50 miles), the (TSC Traction Control system) light still ON in the panel. Is it common ???
The TSC was working, but I try to turn it off but it still working, I tried to slippery but the TSC doesn’t turn OFF, and I’ve checked the ABS Brakes and it works too.
PS2: - Some times the watches in panel goes all DOWN ( Fuel, Battery, Oil pressure, RPM, Engine temperature and some times the lights too. It doesn’t following a constancy. It works different every time, any time. (It works all right only at morning (first 10 minutes)
PS3: - When the problems appear in panel, I’ve observed that the turn lights work a little bit slowly in the panel, but the lamps out-side works all right.

Things that I already did:

1- I already double checked the Battery… turn it off waited 30 min and turned on. But the problem still appear.
2- I’ve tried to change the battery, but still the same problem.
3- I checked the grounding near the engine and in the back off the car.

Any idea what is could be ??? What can I try ???

Please help me ….I’ll thank you for the rest of my life…

kellf190 10-04-2008 11:55 AM

At a quick glance it sure sounds like a wiring or connection issue. Seems the error codes point to the BCM. I would check all the connections to the BCM which is located in the right foot well behind the carpet. Disconnect the negitive terminal on the battery first. Is there any change or sign the car had water around it?

phileaglesfan 10-04-2008 12:05 PM

With all the loss communication faults I think a loose connector is your problem somewhere in the car. I would check the fuses since the problem seems constant. A fuse could have been fried when the battery was connected.

The Traction control comment sounds somewhat strange. Push the button and the light will come on normally. The traction control is on when you start the car until you push that button. Regardless, I would try to figure out what the problem causing the codes are first.

It could be relatively simple to fix. Was the container water tight?

Stangar 10-04-2008 12:09 PM

Disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then reconnect like he said.

If that fails, my second step would be to get a fresh, new, quality battery.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Tiago Brito Ferreira 10-04-2008 12:17 PM

Have no water aroud it ... in never got rain or wash .... no water

Tiago Brito Ferreira 10-04-2008 12:28 PM

We checked all the fuses is fine.... i've already changed the battery.... but the problens still appear.....

Coriosities: The car works all rignt at morning during 10 min.... and at first 200miles the car was perfect

jabez 10-04-2008 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Stangar (Post 1567345324)

This would be my first step.

danl72 10-04-2008 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Stangar (Post 1567345324)
Disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then reconnect like he said.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

:iagree:

KarlK 10-20-2008 11:01 PM

BCM.
Do you have on star? GM has a TSB on the module.
Plug on the back of the tranny loose?, not clipped?

Rocketmanwpb 10-20-2008 11:12 PM

If disconnecting the battery does not solve the problem, I would try your local GM dealer. The dealer should be able to handle the problem because other GM vehicles use the same type of computer controlled system to operate the car. Although they may not know Corvettes in particular, they should be experienced enough through the repair of other GM products to handle this problem.

Best of luck.

Tiago Brito Ferreira 10-21-2008 12:14 AM

I'm trying with GM but they do not have corvette dealers in Brazil....

Tiago Brito Ferreira 10-21-2008 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by KarlK (Post 1567544238)
BCM.
Do you have on star? GM has a TSB on the module.
Plug on the back of the tranny loose?, not clipped?

Yes my car have On Star ( in the mirror, right?)... you think that the problem could be on this ? It's connected to TSC?

BDharley07 10-21-2008 12:50 AM

Onstar can do a vehicle diagnostics. I say check fuses and then disconnect the battery to clear bad codes.

Tiago Brito Ferreira 10-21-2008 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by BDharley07 (Post 1567545188)
Onstar can do a vehicle diagnostics. I say check fuses and then disconnect the battery to clear bad codes.

I already disconeted the baterry .... do you know where the onstar are located for check the conections or if it have a problem ?

The onstar have any conection with TSC? ou DIC / BCM?

KarlK 10-21-2008 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Tiago Brito Ferreira (Post 1567544964)
Yes my car have On Star ( in the mirror, right?)... you think that the problem could be on this ? It's connected to TSC?

On star module is under the pasenger seat? There is a recent GM TSB on 2008's on faulty OnStar modules.

Do you have an aftemarket stereo?

Tiago Brito Ferreira 11-08-2008 09:19 PM

Any body knows were can i find these recent GM 2008's TSB in the internet ? ( On Star modules and more info....)

Tiago Brito Ferreira 11-08-2008 09:28 PM

What means "aftemarket stereo"? Sorry my english is very weak.

AORoads 11-08-2008 09:35 PM

"Aftermarket stereo" means, do you have a new radio/stereo? If you have only the original stereo that came with the car, that's fine.

By the way, Karl K, I thought the OnStar module was the black box located to the right of the inside mirror, high up on the windshield?

Your english is fine, Tiago.

PeterC4S 11-08-2008 09:38 PM

Is the car stereo the original car stereo from the factory? Did you add any options at the dealer or by yourself? I would take it to a GM dealer. It doesn't matter that they don't have specific Corvette dealers near you, a GM dealer should be able to help.

AORoads 11-08-2008 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by PeterC4S (Post 1567780691)
Is the car stereo the original car stereo from the factory? Did you add any options at the dealer or by yourself? I would take it to a GM dealer. It doesn't matter that they don't have specific Corvette dealers near you, a GM dealer should be able to help.

he said in his original post, there is NO GM dealer in Brazil that knows about Corvettes.

danl72 11-08-2008 11:57 PM

Check the battery and change it if necessary.

gota07 11-09-2008 06:52 AM

Check for good connections on BOTH ends of battery cables.

PA_BLUE_C6 11-09-2008 10:59 AM

Parese que es problema en communicacion entrer el PCM y el BCM. Abajo y enfrente de la senta de passajero es onde se encentra el BCM. Revisi todas coneqciones busqondo algo swelto. Si todo se mira bien, desconeqte al batteria por a lo menos 10 minutos para "reboot" la communcacion con el PCM. Ojala compone su problema con su Corvette.

Noe :thumbs:

abda53 11-09-2008 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by PA_BLUE_C6 (Post 1567784439)
Parese que es problema en communicacion entrer el PCM y el BCM. Abajo y enfrente de la senta de passajero es onde se encentra el BCM. Revisi todas coneqciones busqondo algo swelto. Si todo se mira bien, desconeqte al batteria por a lo menos 10 minutos para "reboot" la communcacion con el PCM. Ojala compone su problema con su Corvette.

Noe :thumbs:

Nice try, but in Brazil they speak Portuguese, not Spanish. :rofl:

PA_BLUE_C6 11-09-2008 01:01 PM

Too many "Heinekens" :cheers: :rofl:

Tiago Brito Ferreira 11-09-2008 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by danl72 (Post 1567781849)
Check the battery and change it if necessary.

I already changed the battery 2 times ... I think that is not the battery... I already check the end cables and grounds . Now we are thinking that could be in IPC. We try to program the BCM by tech 2 scan but in the end it doesn't save the programing. It soudns stranger !?!?!

The IPC is very instable, some times it's stop everything,other times the warning lights and mensages apear on IPC and DIC: Fuel, RPM, Velocite.
The warning mensages still apear, Abs, air-bag, bracks, tire, tsc, security (painel lights ON). But the car works all right... only the IPC have this mensages / lights problem.
In morning after 5 min. working all right... this is the first mensage that apear on IPC.. (TSC light - service active handling system), after other lights and mesng ON too.:crazy:

Tiago Brito Ferreira 11-09-2008 01:21 PM

My car is all original and new (600 miles)... the radio /CD setereo is original too.

RnLi 11-09-2008 01:29 PM

I suspect a couple things...... you shorted the battery when installing the cables and it "fried' some fuses...relays.

Something was not reinstalled correctly. I thorough review of EVERYTHING that was disassembled, is warranted.

Wondering if you are using a HIGH OCTANE GAS that is NOT a blend of ethanol?

Tiago Brito Ferreira 11-10-2008 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by RnLi (Post 1567785883)
I suspect a couple things...... you shorted the battery when installing the cables and it "fried' some fuses...relays.

Something was not reinstalled correctly. I thorough review of EVERYTHING that was disassembled, is warranted.

Wondering if you are using a HIGH OCTANE GAS that is NOT a blend of ethanol?

We checked the fuse and relays (2 box - by side the battery and in floor passenger side) . We also change the position of the relays and fuses to know if the problem will change but not change nothing by side the.
I bought 03 new relays to test
01- nº 15328864
01- nº 12193606
01- nº 12193602
I changed and the problem still the same.

The engine works all right. What is the relation of Gas octane / ethanol with IPC lights. ( The IPC doesn’t ON the engine light, the engine is ok)

RnLi 11-11-2008 01:46 AM

Probably no relation to your problems. Just wondering about the accessability of a decent fuel, since us American owners are always arguing about the quality of available gas.:D

shopdog 11-11-2008 02:23 AM

The OnStar module may be causing the problem with communications on the Class II bus. The module is located in the right rear of the car under the floor of the passenger side storage cubby. Since OnStar isn't available in your country, I would remove this module from the car as a propalactic measure. The other well known issue with the Class II bus is the factory radio, it has been known to prevent the Tech II from programming the BCM. Always pull the radio fuse when attempting to program the BCM.

Please ignore all of the people telling you to disconnect the battery to "reset" things. It won't reset anything other than cause you to have to redo window indexing. Everything else in a C6 is stored in NVRAM, pulling the battery won't reset anything. This disconnect the battery business is just folklore from the C4 days.

Since the car was fine for 200 miles after it was shipped to you, it is unlikely anything came loose during shipping. However, depending on the condition of your roads, something may have shaken loose after you drove it for 200 miles. But a loose or open connection wouldn't interfere with Class II bus communications between other modules, just the one that came loose would be affected. So a loose connection is unlikely. A short is more likely. Look for chaffing of Class II bus cabling. This bus goes all over the car, so an exhaustive search where wires cross metal will be required.

Most likely, though, is a module problem. I suspect the BCM has a fault. It is possible that the IPC has a fault, but I'm more inclined to suspect the BCM.

PAUZAO 11-11-2008 03:49 AM

Oi Tiago, naci no Brasil tambem, com um pai Americano e mae do Uruguay. Tambem tenho um Corvette 2008. Tem que ter uma sede que pode fornecer garantia neste carro no Brasil. Talvez no Rio ou em Sao Paulo? Se nao, chame um dealership aqui nos EUA, e fale com um dos gerentes no departamento de servicios, e comunice os erros e codigos que voce esta scaneando.

4ever 11-11-2008 06:18 AM

sorry for you my friend, i know how you must feel !!!
i think you should look on the internet and make some calls, there must be somebody near you that will know how to help you, help over the forum is great but i feel that your problem is deeper then just battery trouble.

i really hope you get this fixed and will have fun with your new ride !

vetehead 12-29-2008 06:56 PM

ttt:lurk::lurk:

Vettlldo 12-29-2008 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by kellf190 (Post 1567345221)
At a quick glance it sure sounds like a wiring or connection issue. Seems the error codes point to the BCM. I would check all the connections to the BCM which is located in the right foot well behind the carpet. Disconnect the negitive terminal on the battery first. Is there any change or sign the car had water around it?

I am wondering if he spilled a coke or bottled water over the passenger foot well.

mongooseC6 12-29-2008 07:45 PM

Tiago, I hope you get your problems fixed soon. By the way, your English is very good. I would shudder to think what it look like if I tried to write your same note in Portuguese. Best of luck. I know you are frustrated.

Race Prepared 12-29-2008 09:55 PM

This might be a stretch, but most of the vehicles in Brazil are powered by ethanol. Any chance that your car has had an adverse reaction to the fuels used in Brazil? :eek:

cmicasa 12-29-2008 10:52 PM

Gotta ask... What OCTANE do U guys have down there? I know a lot of your vehicles run on Ethanol, but I don't know how much Ethanol U have mixed in down there. For example.. most U.S. gas has a 10% Ethanol factor

George Ware 12-29-2008 11:48 PM

Sorry to hear about your C6.

George Ware

SHen350 12-30-2008 12:28 AM

Well, I am not sure if this could be the problem or not... I stored my C5 for the winter at my off site garage, disconnected the battery, added gas additive... the next spring I hooked everything back up and it was fine for a little while, then all my engine warning lights started going crazy. I took it in and apparently the battery acid had come out of the battery and started eating into the wiring harness while it had been sitting for 3 months. It was about $7500 to fix, which is why I now have a C6.

cranky 12-30-2008 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by shopdog (Post 1567805734)
The OnStar module may be causing the problem with communications on the Class II bus. The module is located in the right rear of the car under the floor of the passenger side storage cubby. Since OnStar isn't available in your country, I would remove this module from the car as a propalactic measure. The other well known issue with the Class II bus is the factory radio, it has been known to prevent the Tech II from programming the BCM. Always pull the radio fuse when attempting to program the BCM.

Please ignore all of the people telling you to disconnect the battery to "reset" things. It won't reset anything other than cause you to have to redo window indexing. Everything else in a C6 is stored in NVRAM, pulling the battery won't reset anything. This disconnect the battery business is just folklore from the C4 days.

Since the car was fine for 200 miles after it was shipped to you, it is unlikely anything came loose during shipping. However, depending on the condition of your roads, something may have shaken loose after you drove it for 200 miles. But a loose or open connection wouldn't interfere with Class II bus communications between other modules, just the one that came loose would be affected. So a loose connection is unlikely. A short is more likely. Look for chaffing of Class II bus cabling. This bus goes all over the car, so an exhaustive search where wires cross metal will be required.

Most likely, though, is a module problem. I suspect the BCM has a fault. It is possible that the IPC has a fault, but I'm more inclined to suspect the BCM.

:iagree: listen to the dog. he is very highly qualified on these cars. has been very helpful to others on this forum. :thumbs:

Tiago Brito Ferreira 12-30-2008 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by cranky (Post 1568368581)
:iagree: listen to the dog. he is very highly qualified on these cars. has been very helpful to others on this forum. :thumbs:

I've bought a new BCM, I will try it next week.

Beach21 12-30-2008 01:15 PM

I've sent you a Private Message. Please read

68/70Vette 12-30-2008 02:12 PM

I don't think OnStar works in the Southern Hemisphere. Probably best to call the Florida dealer you bought the car from ...maybe they can help.

My car made many of the same symptoms when the battery voltage became low. I disconnected the battery and left the battery disconnected overnight. Next day I charged the battery...it took a long time to charge since it must have been very flat (dead). Reconnected the battery and everything was OK.

vetehead 12-30-2008 09:15 PM

bump:yesnod:

2006c6keller 12-30-2008 10:06 PM

It is a shame that the Corvette Bowling Green factory is closed until about Feb. 23. I would say to Email your list of codes to them, might try anyways, somebody might be monitoring the factory website. Just a long shot at this point with GM problems. Good luck!

Update: I just recently had my car to the dealer because of memories causing ALL types of electrical problems. It had been checked in June for battery but this time it had a battery testing code error and the dealer replaced with new battery and it has been working fine since. The service manager commented to me that a battery can cause all types of computer problems in the car if it has a problem but is not dead.

Yes, I realize that you have replaced the battery, might try again, you never know!

User 2623 12-30-2008 10:42 PM

This sounds like an alternator problem to me. Since the BCM & ECM are communicating at startup. My two cents.

Maui 12-31-2008 12:44 AM

I wonder if the car was ever in a flood?

Fastcar 12-31-2008 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Maui (Post 1568380666)
I wonder if the car was ever in a flood?

He said it was new from the dealer. But.....you have to wonder.

Hopefully he will let us know what he finds.

Fastcar 12-31-2008 10:07 AM

Just a thought. Perhaps the performance or tune forums might have a answer. Somebody there might have run across this before and know how to straighten it out.

2006c6keller 12-31-2008 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by 2006c6keller (Post 1568379104)
It is a shame that the Corvette Bowling Green factory is closed until about Feb. 23. I would say to Email your list of codes to them, might try anyways, somebody might be monitoring the factory website. Just a long shot at this point with GM problems. Good luck!

Update: I just recently had my car to the dealer because of memories causing ALL types of electrical problems. It had been checked in June for battery but this time it had a battery testing code error and the dealer replaced with new battery and it has been working fine since. The service manager commented to me that a battery can cause all types of computer problems in the car if it has a problem but is not dead.

Yes, I realize that you have replaced the battery, might try again, you never know!

I just wanted you to note my update. Thanks!

Tiago Brito Ferreira 01-06-2009 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Fastcar (Post 1568382192)
He said it was new from the dealer. But.....you have to wonder.

Hopefully he will let us know what he finds.

I've suppose that the car never been in a flood ( I hope ) ... But I'm not sure that the people of Maroone Pines in Miami are not honest, I've talked with Mr. Girard Service Manager and Tommy Sales Man, they know that the car was for exportation and now they are denied warranty. I propose to send the part with problem to them but they don’t have interested in help me. They have a very bad support and attention, they are only interested to get our money.

Tiago Brito Ferreira 01-06-2009 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by 2006c6keller (Post 1568387342)
I just wanted you to note my update. Thanks!

Sorry about the delay on my reply. I’ve changed the BCM today, and the car present other problems. Now we will thy again the battery. I’ll post the reply asap. Thanks every body for help me !!!

Bobz08C6 01-06-2009 04:44 PM

In addition to the help you get from your friends here at the CF you would do yourself a favor by referring your problem to a good Chevy dealer in your area.

In additon you might send a note to the Bowling Green Assembly Plant to get some help from them. My experience in the past is that when an assembly plant shuts down the salary people still report to work (I know I did along with all the other plant salary people) so someone may be available to help you.

http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant.com/home.htm

Please keep posting your results here. Since you bought the car new there might be an avenue to help you out. I hope your car gets healthy in a hurry. Isn't it summer in Brazil?

KarlK 01-06-2009 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tiago Brito Ferreira (Post 1568451862)
Sorry about the delay on my reply. I’ve changed the BCM today, and the car present other problems. Now we will thy again the battery. I’ll post the reply asap. Thanks every body for help me !!!

You can't just change the BCM, it needs programmed by a Tech II if I'm not mistaken.

mbzboy 01-06-2009 08:02 PM

Was going to offer...

Was going to offer to bring you any parts you need, but noticed you are located close to Brasilia and I will be flying into SP.

But, then shipping from SP would be lots cheaper than from the US.

Leaving Thursday, 8 January.

Abracos

Bobz08C6 01-07-2009 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by KarlK (Post 1568455906)
You can't just change the BCM, it needs programmed by a Tech II if I'm not mistaken.

That's true. It needs to be programmed for your exact VIN.

Gofan 01-07-2009 10:12 AM

actually they speak both

Originally Posted by abda53 (Post 1567785039)
Nice try, but in Brazil they speak Portuguese, not Spanish. :rofl:

only deepest parts only speak portugese

vetehead 01-11-2009 09:39 PM

ttt:lurk:

Tiago Brito Ferreira 01-19-2009 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bobz08C6 (Post 1568453449)
In addition to the help you get from your friends here at the CF you would do yourself a favor by referring your problem to a good Chevy dealer in your area.

In additon you might send a note to the Bowling Green Assembly Plant to get some help from them. My experience in the past is that when an assembly plant shuts down the salary people still report to work (I know I did along with all the other plant salary people) so someone may be available to help you.

http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant.com/home.htm

Please keep posting your results here. Since you bought the car new there might be an avenue to help you out. I hope your car gets healthy in a hurry. Isn't it summer in Brazil?

Hi Bobz08c6; I've sent an e-mail for this web site but they don't reply... They usually reply ?

Tiago Brito Ferreira 01-19-2009 04:49 PM

Hello everybody , BAD news ( for me ) …. I changed the new BCM that I bought and program it but the problem still the same. The IPC sometimes turn OFF and in a minute it turn ON... it's completely crazy. The problem Still the same.
- We already changed the battery two times too.
- We already changed some reles of the BCM.
- We already checked the grounds ...
Anybody have some idea or knows about TBS of GM that can be to solve this problem?

I am crazy ... this NEW Corevette complete 4 moths that it is stoped on service.

vetehead 01-19-2009 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tiago Brito Ferreira (Post 1568611835)
Hello everybody , BAD news ( for me ) …. I changed the new BCM that I bought and program it but the problem still the same. The IPC sometimes turn OFF and in a minute it turn ON... it's completely crazy. The problem Still the same.
- We already changed the battery two times too.
- We already changed some reles of the BCM.
- We already checked the grounds ...
Anybody have some idea or knows about TBS of GM that can be to solve this problem?

I am crazy ... this NEW Corevette complete 4 moths that it is stoped on service.

Have you tried disconnecting the onstar module yet!!!

shopdog 01-20-2009 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by vetehead (Post 1568615231)
Have you tried disconnecting the onstar module yet!!!

Yes, please do this if you haven't already (I posted this way earlier in this thread). The OnStar module is under the floor of the passenger side rear storage compartment. Unplug it. This is a known problem with 2008 Corvettes.

beachfrontvette 01-20-2009 01:20 AM

vettes do not like to run on low octane fuel...

from poster: " I’m from Brazil…. and here we dont have GM dealer that knows about Corvette... "

...sorry buddy, you nailed it right there.... if it was taken to a reliable shop in CA... no problemo..... does the DIC say "no habla espanol...?"

sorry, could not resist... lol

cmaciel 01-20-2009 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by beachfrontvette (Post 1568618592)
from poster: " I’m from Brazil…. and here we dont have GM dealer that knows about Corvette... "

...sorry buddy, you nailed it right there.... if it was taken to a reliable shop in CA... no problemo..... does the DIC say "no habla espanol...?"

sorry, could not resist... lol

Ahem... brazilians do not Speak spanish, they speak Portuguese....

beachfrontvette 01-20-2009 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by cmaciel (Post 1568618598)
Ahem... brazilians do not Speak spanish, they speak Portuguese....

you are right...most of them do.... sorry.......

Tiago Brito Ferreira 01-21-2009 04:34 PM

:confused:Hi, I have 02 videos that show what happens with the car .

1- When I turn ON the car at morning everything works all right during the first 5 minutes.
2- The TCS( Traction Control) lights turn ON in 5 to 7 minutes , after that ( 1 minute later ) other warning lights and appear in painel and the menssages on DIC.(Look the VIDEO):

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=3JVopNDxUTE

3- After 10 to 15 minutes or any time during 1 to 2 minuts the painel floating ON / OFF.(Look the VIDEO):

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=_V1_-dQwFts

OBS: The ABS, TCS, …. Every thing (without PAINEL) works fine.

Any idea ????? :confused:

rjwoerheide 01-21-2009 04:54 PM

Hang in there, Tiago. Electrical problems are a real pain in the butt. Sorry to hear about your trouble and you must be very frustrated.

Someone here will chime in with another idea; lots of smart folks around here.

Have you disconnected the OnStar module as shopdog (and others) suggested?

Good luck ...

KarlK 01-21-2009 06:57 PM

Has the car ever gone into "limp" mode? and/or, not able to start?

lottavettes 01-21-2009 07:40 PM

Did you disconnect the Onstar?

mcandrew67 01-21-2009 07:43 PM

What about the harness to the instrument cluster? Have you looked there?

3 Z06ZR1 01-21-2009 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tiago Brito Ferreira (Post 1568611603)
Hi Bobz08c6; I've sent an e-mail for this web site but they don't reply... They usually reply ?

My shop where I take my car Tom Wong performance. I think I'd call him he's the real deal and could fix this if he had his hands on it.But he is also very nice and could maybe have the answer. No hurt in calling him. Vancouver Washington directory or pm me for the phone number.Good luck and sorry to hear the troubles!:cheers:

vetehead 01-21-2009 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tiago Brito Ferreira (Post 1568639066)
:confused:Hi, I have 02 videos that show what happens with the car .

1- When I turn ON the car at morning everything works all right during the first 5 minutes.
2- The TCS( Traction Control) lights turn ON in 5 to 7 minutes , after that ( 1 minute later ) other warning lights and appear in painel and the menssages on DIC.(Look the VIDEO):

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=3JVopNDxUTE

3- After 10 to 15 minutes or any time during 1 to 2 minuts the painel floating ON / OFF.(Look the VIDEO):

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=_V1_-dQwFts

OBS: The ABS, TCS, …. Every thing (without PAINEL) works fine.

Any idea ????? :confused:

Tiago after all this time I didn't realize your car was a automatic. Check out this tsb from this link http://www.allworldauto.com/tsbs/NHT...in_267923.html maybe this your problem,this tsb is posted in every subsection of the tsb's .This problem can cause a lot of different problems,ie trans,gauges,traction,handling etc... Hang in there buddy someone here will point you in the right direction....:cheers::cheers::thumbs:

Ron

Tiago Brito Ferreira 01-21-2009 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by KarlK (Post 1568640972)
Has the car ever gone into "limp" mode? and/or, not able to start?

Karlk: The car always start normaly. What do you mean "ever gone into "limp" mode?

Lottoavettes: Tomorow we will try to find the ONSTAR mod and discinected it.(I'll let you know)

mcandrew67: You mean the IPC ?!?! We checked the IPC and it's all right!!!

Untill now I have to say thanks everybody to helping me...thanks very much... I hope that I'll find it !

rjwoerheide 01-21-2009 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tiago Brito Ferreira (Post 1568642306)
Karlk: The car always start normaly. What do you mean "ever gone into "limp" mode?

Lottoavettes: Tomorow we will try to find the ONSTAR mod and discinected it.(I'll let you know)

Untill now I have to say thanks everybody to helping me...thanks very much... I hope that I'll find it !

With everybody's brain power we'll get it figured out. Hang in there and give us an update after you disconnect the OnStar module.

KarlK 01-21-2009 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tiago Brito Ferreira (Post 1568642306)

Limp mode: Your C6 will shift into 3rd and stay in 3rd until the codes are cleared or the error repaired.

Car always starts and no limp mode correct?

If it has never gone into limp mode and your car can be driven normally with all the instrument errors, it should be easier to pin down the module, CAN address, connection, short etc. that applies to the dash and instrumentation.

Have you added any aftermarket electronics? Stereo, mild 2 wild, etc.?

Geeger 01-22-2009 12:30 AM

I believe that all the on board computers need to be re-programed and the only way to do that is take it to a dealer. My Denali had some minor electrical program problems and the only way to remove them was to dump the soft ware and re down load the program on 6 or 7 computers. ?????? :willy:

Tiago Brito Ferreira 01-22-2009 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by KarlK (Post 1568643771)
Limp mode: Your C6 will shift into 3rd and stay in 3rd until the codes are cleared or the error repaired.

Car always starts and no limp mode correct?

If it has never gone into limp mode and your car can be driven normally with all the instrument errors, it should be easier to pin down the module, CAN address, connection, short etc. that applies to the dash and instrumentation.

Have you added any aftermarket electronics? Stereo, mild 2 wild, etc.?

No, the car is new and original, I didn't added nothing yet.

rjwoerheide 01-22-2009 10:36 AM

OnStar module disconnected yet?

:lurk:

2006c6keller 01-22-2009 01:55 PM

Hang in there!

Originally Posted by Tiago Brito Ferreira (Post 1568646672)
No, the car is new and original, I didn't added nothing yet.

Tiago

You have filled out your profile but could you also help us a little more and include these details: Which transmission - Manual 6 (M6) or Automatic 6 (A6); Suspension system - Base, F55 (Magnetic Selective Ride), Z51; xLT (PEGs - Preferred Equipment Groups) Eg. 1LT, 2LT, 3LT; Navigation (NAV) or Audio system (6 disc changer, etc.).

If you are not sure of all your options, look on the left side of the glove department box for a sticker with all the options that are on your car.

This would especially help us determine what options you have on your car, especially the electricial ones which could cause your problems.

Hopefully, we all can help you resolve your electrical system problem, HANG IN THERE!:cheers:

Good luck!

Thanks

Tiago Brito Ferreira 01-22-2009 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by rjwoerheide (Post 1568648402)
OnStar module disconnected yet?

:lurk:

Yes, I disconected the ONSTAR module and the problem still the same.

Tiago Brito Ferreira 01-22-2009 05:30 PM

[QUOTE=2006c6keller;1568650879]Tiago

You have filled out your profile but could you also help us a little more and include these details: Which transmission - Manual 6 (M6) or Automatic 6 (A6); Suspension system - Base, F55 (Magnetic Selective Ride), Z51; xLT (PEGs - Preferred Equipment Groups) Eg. 1LT, 2LT, 3LT; Navigation (NAV) or Audio system (6 disc changer, etc.).

If you are not sure of all your options, look on the left side of the glove department box for a sticker with all the options that are on your car.

This would especially help us determine what options you have on your car, especially the electricial ones which could cause your problems.

Hopefully, we all can help you resolve your electrical system problem, HANG IN THERE!:cheers:

Corvette C6 COUPE RED 2008/2008 Auto Padle Shift 6 speed, 1 LT, 430 hp, 01 CD player mp3, don't have NAV.
Chassis # 1G1YY25W485133694
Engine # 081490329

It is C6 1 LT with Auto padle shift only.

Tiago Brito Ferreira 01-22-2009 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by 2006c6keller (Post 1568650879)
Tiago

Good luck!

Thanks

Sorry...
Corvette C6 COUPE RED 2008/2008 Auto Padle Shift 6 speed, 1 LT, 430 hp, 01 CD player mp3, don't have NAV.
Chassis # 1G1YY25W485133694
Engine # 081490329

It is C6 1 LT with Auto padle shift only.

vetehead 01-23-2009 06:35 PM

ttt

mike100 01-23-2009 07:17 PM

The last time I saw ghosts in gauges like that, it was a poor connector on the instrument/gauge cluster. This was not on a GM car, but I'd like to think it is similar. Maybe the humidity on the boat affected the connections there.

2006c6keller 01-23-2009 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by mike100 (Post 1568668126)
The last time I saw ghosts in gauges like that, it was a poor connector on the instrument/gauge cluster. This was not on a GM car, but I'd like to think it is similar. Maybe the humidity on the boat affected the connections there.

A poor connection somewhere is a very good possibility, maybe have to pull connectors apart and clean with electrical contact cleaner. Just pulling connectors apart two or three times sometime solves a poor connection. I have noted in foreign cars that the electrical connectors are filled with a dialectic grease to prevent them from corroding in overseas shipments. These can sometimes be a horrible but simple problem to fix if you can find it. If you had an electricial schematic of the car you could go to the wiring connections in the instrument clusters and where they tie in with other circuits and the fuse panel and definitely check those plugs and wire connections. Good luck.

KarlK 01-23-2009 10:10 PM

Need a Tech II diagnostic and a good technician at this point IMO.

PowerLabs 01-24-2009 12:20 AM

Oi Tiago,

A minha mae e de Goiania tambem; constumava ir la direto; os meus Avos ainda moram la... Moro aqui nos Estados Unidos agora, mas se voce tiver alguma pergunta pode me mandar uma mensagem aqui no Forum :thumbs:

vetehead 02-01-2009 10:56 AM

ttt :lurk:

vetehead 02-21-2009 05:58 PM

bump!!!!!!!

Gray Ghost GS 03-01-2009 09:26 AM

Did you call the dealership where you purchased your Corvette, which I assume are the ones that prepared your vette for shipment to Brazil to determine what they may have disconnected before it was crated and shipped? I agree - you don't need a "Corvette Dealer" to have a GM tech troubleshoot this problem.

You checked all your connections - battery, ground wires, fuses and BCM. Disconnected the negative terminal to reset the computer and CEL, and recharged your battery - ensure the battery is fully charged. Read your DIC codes with a CANBUS capable OBDII code reader. Good luck.

ro2516 03-01-2009 09:51 AM

Clean History

If it helps...
The National Insurance Crime Bureau (http://www.nicb.org) gives your VIN a clean bill of health. No "salvage" record.

Tiago Brito Ferreira 04-09-2009 04:36 PM

I Find it !!! Thanks everybody !!!

:cheers::cheers:I was the IPC, i've changed it and the car works. :cool:

beav626 04-09-2009 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tiago Brito Ferreira (Post 1569640954)

Gongrats on the find!!!! Enjoy that car :cheers:

vetehead 04-09-2009 04:54 PM

Hurray!!!!! you my friend are a man of patience!!!!Now start enjoying that BAD BOY:thumbs::cheers::cheers:

Ron

2006c6keller 04-09-2009 06:52 PM

G r e a t ! !

It is great to hear that the problem with the Vette has been resolved, it has been a challenging time for you. N O W E N J O Y .