CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   What is an FE1 "Soft Ride" Suspension? Build Sheet Attached. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/1759703-what-is-an-fe1-soft-ride-suspension-build-sheet-attached.html)

TMyers 05-11-2012 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Frus (Post 1580785104)
Without reprogramming that will be? Check?

In my case the following was done:

remove shock controller and loop the LAN CABLES IN TO OUT.
PROTECT/TERMINATE OTHER WIRES THAT WE DO NOT USE
Reprogram BCM with Tech 2 to delete RTD option.
Reprogram the ABS module with the stock calibration.

Pfadt Racing 05-11-2012 11:47 AM

Woah. 5 year old thread bump! :thumbs:

Folks above us have it spot on, the FEx designations weren't alignment settings but rather different hardware packages on different Corvette models. Alignment recommendations from the factory may be different between the different designations, but the more important part is the different shock, bar and spring packages with each FEx number.

Frus 05-11-2012 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by TMyers (Post 1580785149)
In my case the following was done:

remove shock controller and loop the LAN CABLES IN TO OUT.
PROTECT/TERMINATE OTHER WIRES THAT WE DO NOT USE
Reprogram BCM with Tech 2 to delete RTD option.
Reprogram the ABS module with the stock calibration.

if I change and I will not reprogram?

TMyers 05-11-2012 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Frus (Post 1580785524)
if I change and I will not reprogram?

You still need to reprogram to remove the RPO and reflash the ABS.

Gearhead Jim 05-11-2012 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by The Clevite Kid (Post 1561103595)
HOWEVER . . .

Tom is a serious road-course driver, so his needs may not be exactly the same as yours.

But Tom is right-on when he describes the base suspension as a fine starting point for whatever you want to do. And it will take good care of you while you are deciding.

I have the FE1 suspension on my convertible, and have added the Z51 bars and bushings. Next will be the Bilstein HD shock absorbers, and then I will have the classic "shopdog" configuration.

Good luck with your C6.

I think sometimes you get pretty serious, too.
:thumbs:

Aside from cost, is there a reason why you chose the Bilstein HD's over the Koni FSD's?

Frus 05-12-2012 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by TMyers (Post 1580786717)
You still need to reprogram to remove the RPO and reflash the ABS.

Thanks.

Frus 07-13-2012 04:18 AM

Hi.
I changed FE2 shock-absorbers for FE1. There was an error: "shocks inoperative, the maximum speed 138km/h". How to delete this error?

TMyers 07-13-2012 10:08 AM

Did you remove the remove shock controller and loop the LAN CABLES IN TO OUT. If you did not do this you will still receive the error.

Frus 07-14-2012 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by TMyers (Post 1581304326)
Did you remove the remove shock controller and loop the LAN CABLES IN TO OUT. If you did not do this you will still receive the error.

I have disconnected wires from rods and have disconnected the socket further. Has wound with an insulating tape the remained socket.
What to do that a mistake was gone?

TMyers 07-14-2012 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Frus (Post 1581311084)
I have disconnected wires from rods and have disconnected the socket further. Has wound with an insulating tape the remained socket.
What to do that a mistake was gone?

Nope everything so far is fine. What you still have to do is disconnect the ESM. It is located behind the right front fender. In addition to disconnecting the and removing the ESM you must jump the LAN wires. Without doing this the car will not start. Protect the the rest of the wires/connector. Hopefully you have the shop manual, I had a dealer do this part.

Frus 07-14-2012 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by TMyers (Post 1581304326)

Originally Posted by TMyers (Post 1581311316)
Nope everything so far is fine. What you still have to do is disconnect the ESM. It is located behind the right front fender. In addition to disconnecting the and removing the ESM you must jump the LAN wires. Without doing this the car will not start. Protect the the rest of the wires/connector. Hopefully you have the shop manual, I had a dealer do this part.

What is ESM? If I remove it, the error will be gone?
Or can measure resistance of an electricity on shock-absorbers and attach radio-resistance on connectors?
But it would be desirable to clean all system fe2.

TMyers 07-14-2012 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Frus (Post 1581311360)
What is ESM? If I remove it, the error will be gone?
Or can measure resistance of an electricity on shock-absorbers and attach radio-resistance on connectors?
But it would be desirable to clean all system fe2.

It is what controls the F55 shocks and it is the reason you have the error. My understanding is things like simulators are hit or miss for the F55 systems. For some people it worked for other it does not. They cost around $200.

Frus 07-15-2012 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by TMyers (Post 1581315806)
It is what controls the F55 shocks and it is the reason you have the error. My understanding is things like simulators are hit or miss for the F55 systems. For some people it worked for other it does not. They cost around $200.

http://s017.radikal.ru/i401/1207/54/e031ad3f27bf.jpg

I.e. if to dismantle this f55 block to disconnect all wires, the error will be gone? Or it is necessary to use resistors? Or it is necessary to do something still?