Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

And why should I buy a ZR1 over a Nissan GTR

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 11:48 AM
ps374
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

[QUOTE=kageryu311;1577288135]First of all you don't make sense. Use proper punctuation and grammar before posting and make sure re-read your posts before submitting them.

Secondly, the GT-R or "ZR1" as you stated in your post here is not a rebadged Z Car, it is based off of the lineage of the Nissan Skyline GT-R.

Third, the resale values on GT-Rs shows to depreciate at a slower rate than Z06s and ZR1s.

Fourth, to address the crowd drawing ability, most average people see a ZR1 as another Corvette. When an average person sees a GT-R they don't know what it is. My friend drove his car to the mall last year and got numerous thumbs up as well people taking pictures.

The GTR is based on the FM platform which is SHARED with the 350 Z car. I dont know what cars shows you attend but pull up with a Z06 C6 and you will see three to four people gathering around it. Pull up with a ZR1 and a gathering of five to ten people looking and asking questions. The ZR1 is the king of Corvettes respected by even the German auto motive writters. My spelling may stink and my grammer may even be worse but the GTR falls short of the ZR1 in all areas of performance. Edmunds did a test video of both cars. In the end the writers show the GTR sitting still with the ZR1 blowing smoke rings around it. A fitting picture indeed.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:34 PM
gilly6993
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by ps374
In reality the ZR1 is a super rebadged Zcar.
Huh?

Third the resale value. Like all zcars they loose there value like all of them. That value never goes up in time but down.
All cars loose value and actually the GT-R holds its value....actually better that the corvette and I know that for a fact....

4th once the warranty runs out I see big repair bills with this cars super technology..
Is that based on fact or assumption?

5th it does not have the crowd drawing ability the Zr1 has. The ZR1 Like a Viper draws attention. Most think the GTr is a Z car with a wing.
I have no comment for that except it's completely false....

6th its not worth the money. The Z car as a whole has less following than the Infinity G. Its just was not Nissans best effort.
Another comment I don't quite understand.....

the GTR falls short of the ZR1 in all areas of performance. Edmunds did a test video of both cars. In the end the writers show the GTR sitting still with the ZR1 blowing smoke rings around it. A fitting picture indeed.
So I guess you're still living in 2009....when the test and video were done....
Old 04-08-2011, 01:41 PM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Just in case you guys missed this thread..........

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...11-zr1-in.html
Old 04-08-2011, 03:39 PM
kageryu311
Pro

The GTR is based on the FM platform which is SHARED with the 350 Z car.

Incorrect. The GT-R is a completely different concept. The CBA (2009-2011) and DBA (2012) chassis which are completely different from the 350z.

I dont know what cars shows you attend but pull up with a Z06 C6 and you will see three to four people gathering around it. Pull up with a ZR1 and a gathering of five to ten people looking and asking questions.
And you pull up in a GT-R you will have people walk up to it in a car show. Some wondering what it is and asking questions.

The ZR1 is the king of Corvettes respected by even the German auto motive writters.
The ZR1 is the king of Corvettes and just like the ZR1 the GT-R is respected by International automotive writers.

My spelling may stink and my grammer may even be worse but the GTR falls short of the ZR1 in all areas of performance. Edmunds did a test video of both cars. In the end the writers show the GTR sitting still with the ZR1 blowing smoke rings around it. A fitting picture indeed.
The ZR1 does in fact beat the GT-R in most areas of performance but that review was from 2009. The 2012 GT-R has many marked improvements from the previous model GT-R. There is even a video floating around of the GT-R doing a lap around the Nurburgring faster than the ZR1.

Also you have to remember the GT-R is about $15-20K cheaper than the ZR1. It has incredible peformance for the price.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The GTR is based on the FM platform which is SHARED with the 350 Z car. I dont know what cars shows you attend but pull up with a Z06 C6 and you will see three to four people gathering around it. Pull up with a ZR1 and a gathering of five to ten people looking and asking questions. The ZR1 is the king of Corvettes respected by even the German auto motive writters.
The GT-R has a different platform designation, PM. Its wheelbase is far different from the 350Z, and the 350Z platform will not accomodate a transaxle, nor the return driveshaft powering the front wheels as found on the GT-R. Nor do the two share any bodywork or interior components. You cannot say the same about the Z06 and ZR1.

The Germans do respect the ZR1, but they have ranked the '10 GT-R higher than the ZR1 (and faster on a track on the same day). They have also ranked the GT-R higher than the 997 Turbo.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:30 PM
spicytuna
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont know what cars shows you attend but pull up with a Z06 C6 and you will see three to four people gathering around it. Pull up with a ZR1 and a gathering of five to ten people looking and asking questions.
The ZR1 and GT-R both attract their share of crowds.

The difference is that one group is old enough to be the grandparents of the other group.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:52 PM
hbvette07
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by spicytuna
The ZR1 and GT-R both attract their share of crowds.

The difference is that one group is old enough to be the grandparents of the other group.

Now that is funny.

Based on price of each car shouldn't we compare the GT-R to the Z06 like Motortrend did last month in which the GT-R beat the Z06 in every category.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html
Old 04-10-2011, 02:12 AM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

I'd like to see how the new GTR does at VIR where the Z07-optioned Z06 is a full 2 seconds faster than the first gen GTR. The fastest car tested by Car & Driver is the Mosler MT900S with a time of 2:45.9.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:21 PM
hbvette07
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dave68
I'd like to see how the new GTR does at VIR where the Z07-optioned Z06 is a full 2 seconds faster than the first gen GTR. The fastest car tested by Car & Driver is the Mosler MT900S with a time of 2:45.9.
That is not a very good comparison because there are tuners producing 6-7-and 800HP GT-R monsters also.

I personally hope that GM steps up its game and produces a C7 that competes with and beats the competition.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:32 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Bottom line.....

The 2012 GTR is fast because of its electronics, clutch and AWD. Unless the Corvette develops a AWD with all the nannies then they are going to fall behind...and have fallen behind. I enjoy the viseral part of driving and just bought a 2011 corvette.....The GTR was faster but boring for me....I enjoy the sound, manual clutch of the vette..
Old 04-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Originally Posted by hbvette07
That is not a very good comparison because there are tuners producing 6-7-and 800HP GT-R monsters also.

I personally hope that GM steps up its game and produces a C7 that competes with and beats the competition.
The Mosler, of course, is priced way beyond most of the cars it ran against but the Z07-equipped Z06 is available at almost any Chevy dealership. It is priced right in line with the new GTR.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:55 PM
hbvette07
Burning Brakes

The Mosler, of course, is priced way beyond most of the cars it ran against but the Z07-equipped Z06 is available at almost any Chevy dealership. It is priced right in line with the new GTR.

You know it is a nice looking and good performing car but at 95K+ I'll still go with the AWD, and DCT of the GT-R. Not to mention a quality interior, and steel verses plastic body panels. But with that said I'm still waiting to see if GM steps up with the C7, and I may just turn into a red neck once again.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:50 PM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's wrong with a placky body ? It doesn't rust, easy to repair and has a much better impact rebound zone per panel no dents ! Stewy
Old 04-18-2011, 11:51 PM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by trapp
Bottom line.....

The 2012 GTR is fast because of its electronics, clutch and AWD. Unless the Corvette develops a AWD with all the nannies then they are going to fall behind...and have fallen behind. I enjoy the viseral part of driving and just bought a 2011 corvette.....The GTR was faster but boring for me....I enjoy the sound, manual clutch of the vette..
Is the GTR faster than the Corvette ZR1 I didn't know that ? Stewy
Old 04-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

I still don't see the VIR as a clear bench mark for performance. Run these cars over 6 laps wide open throttle and see the results. The Japs in "Best Motoring" I personally think had the best way of doing it. Stewy
Old 04-19-2011, 12:00 AM
Stewart Allison
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by kageryu311
Incorrect. The GT-R is a completely different concept. The CBA (2009-2011) and DBA (2012) chassis which are completely different from the 350z.

And you pull up in a GT-R you will have people walk up to it in a car show. Some wondering what it is and asking questions.

The ZR1 is the king of Corvettes and just like the ZR1 the GT-R is respected by International automotive writers.

The ZR1 does in fact beat the GT-R in most areas of performance but that review was from 2009. The 2012 GT-R has many marked improvements from the previous model GT-R. There is even a video floating around of the GT-R doing a lap around the Nurburgring faster than the ZR1.

Also you have to remember the GT-R is about $15-20K cheaper than the ZR1. It has incredible peformance for the price.
A factory stock GTR wont beat a ZR1 around a track. I have a German car friend that hangs out at the ring nearly every day and tells me he has never seen a pure stock GTR on the ring. They all have a tweak here and there ! Any way who cares the GTR is a performance animal just like the ZR1 Stewy
Old 04-19-2011, 04:49 AM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stewart Allison
A factory stock GTR wont beat a ZR1 around a track. I have a German car friend that hangs out at the ring nearly every day and tells me he has never seen a pure stock GTR on the ring. They all have a tweak here and there ! Any way who cares the GTR is a performance animal just like the ZR1 Stewy
How would your friend know if all of those GT-Rs are stock? Did he look under the hood? BS, he did.
Here's a stock GT-R beating a ZR1 around a track.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...beats-zr1.html

And don't start any crap about that GT-R being modified. The ZR1 beat it by .6s to 100 kph despite the Nissan's AWD, and continued to clobber it to 200 kph by nearly 2 seconds.

Get notified of new replies

To And why should I buy a ZR1 over a Nissan GTR

Old 04-19-2011, 08:43 AM
PDCjonny
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Stewart Allison
I have a German car friend that hangs out at the ring nearly every day and tells me he has never seen a pure stock GTR on the ring.
What an inane statement.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:16 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Guibo
How would your friend know if all of those GT-Rs are stock? Did he look under the hood? BS, he did.
Here's a stock GT-R beating a ZR1 around a track.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...beats-zr1.html

And don't start any crap about that GT-R being modified. The ZR1 beat it by .6s to 100 kph despite the Nissan's AWD, and continued to clobber it to 200 kph by nearly 2 seconds.

I know it's early and I just got up, but what is it about the seeming contradiction above???

Confused as usual............
Old 04-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Dave68
Race Director

Initially a GTR fanboy, then a ZR1 fanboy.....

Quick Reply: And why should I buy a ZR1 over a Nissan GTR