Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

CMS turned my LSX454 in to an alcohol drinking fire breathing sumbich!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 09:42 PM
Lpe403
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default CMS turned my LSX454 in to an alcohol drinking fire breathing sumbich!

CMS deserves great credit here. This a duplicate thread because I wanted to spread the good word.

My car is a 99 vert with an LSX 454 built by CMS, Huge custom cam, Fast 102 intake, 102tb, halltech CF112 intake, 1 7/8's AR headers, custom 3" cat back, RPS street twin clutch, etc.

It is a real beast. I took it to CMS for an E85 conversion. Ryne did a fantastic job tuning the car. 622/522 at the wheels all motor. Keep in mind Ryne's Dyno is a bit on the conservative side, so I'm sure I am above 750 hp at the motor. It's amazing how well it drives considering what a radical set up it has. It is undoubtedly the greatest driving experience I've ever had. Ryne really dialed it in perfectly. It runs really well on the E85.

My experience was excellent as well. Mike, CMS's head wrench, went over the car with a fine tooth comb. He picked up on some things which needed to be taken care of, so I'm confident that my car is in the best shape its ever been in. He paid close attention to detail and the service and work was beyond excellent, it was exceptional.

To prospective customers, I say you couldn't find a better place to take your car. Ryne and Mike do great work. Keep in mind, they have a small crew, but that's the way I want it - I want them personally involved with any work.

Also keep in mind, they are very busy. There are many very cool cars there, and it may take some time to finish your job, but that is a testament to the high demand for their services. Drop it off and forget about it. If they need to call you, they will, if they don't, they won't. When they tell you your car is done, you should feel like a kid at Christmas. Whether you want a bolt on LS3 or some gazillion rwhp twin turbo race set-up, this is the place to go. Or a bad-a$$ all motor set-up like mine.. I'm glad to be a customer of speed shop that I have utmost confidence in and should be around for the foreseeable future.

The E85 is fantastic. No stink/more power - what's not to love for a hot rod toy.

One more thing: A guy driving a Porsche Cayman at the gas station heard the exhaust and came up to me and asked, "does that have a chip in it?" I look forward to people asking me about FlexFuel Corvettes

I wrote this because I want to support businesses who do great work and deserve to succeed. CMS deserves recognition here.

Now I have to get back to work

Rock On
Old 05-31-2014, 02:48 PM
Breze84
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like a monster, Got any pictures
Old 05-31-2014, 02:55 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Originally Posted by Lpe403

One more thing: A guy driving a Porsche Cayman at the gas station heard the exhaust and came up to me and asked, "does that have a chip in it?" :

Please follow link below and contribute as necessary.....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...-corvette.html

Other than that, please post a video. I'd love to hear what a chipped 454 LSX Vette sounds like.

Last edited by WICKEDFRC; 05-31-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Lpe403
Pro

Originally Posted by Breze84
Sounds like a monster, Got any pictures

I'll take some pictures of the motor
Old 06-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Lpe403
Pro

Originally Posted by WICKEDFRC
Please follow link below and contribute as necessary.....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...-corvette.html

Other than that, please post a video. I'd love to hear what a chipped 454 LSX Vette sounds like.
I will - thanks. I will try to post a video - it sounds awesome.

Get notified of new replies

To CMS turned my LSX454 in to an alcohol drinking fire breathing sumbich!

Quick Reply: CMS turned my LSX454 in to an alcohol drinking fire breathing sumbich!