Notices
C3s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C3 Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

77 Corvette Resto-mod project for sale!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 03:18 AM
TurboStitchCW
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 77 Corvette Resto-mod project for sale!

Hello all!! It's with a heavy heart but a clear conscience that I list Natalia for sale.

Some of you followed along as I completely went through the interior and my engine building drama (which is now rectified and she is a running/driving car).

For those of you that are seeing her for the first time, here's a short list of what I have done:
- swapped stock hood for Stinger hood
- changed from rallye wheels to slotted aluminum (which I personally think look better on the rubber bumper cars) with brand new M/T Sportman rubber
- rebuilt power steering control valve and installed brand new power steering pump
- rebuilt all brake calipers
- upgraded to drilled and slotted rotors
- converted to manual brakes (due to low manifold vacuum cause by a camshaft with an above average valve overlap)
- upgraded to a DeWitt's aluminum performance radiator
- complete new exhaust (hooker competition headers, hooker true duals, flowmaster super 44 mufflers)
- new weatherstripping all around
- converted 3 piece dash to 78+ Vette one piece dash
- installed complete new carpets, insulation, seats, door panels, dual retractor seat belts.
- upgraded to Optima red top battery
- converted stationary vertical rear window to 68-72 removable rear window

----------and the big one----------
When I bought the car, it did not have the numbers matching engine, so I went crazy with it!!

Had it punched out .060 and assembled with Edelbrock's Performer RPM total power package to include heads, camshaft, intake manifold and carburetor. All new bearings, crankshaft, other internals....all the way down to the piston rings. The only things that were not brand new were the pistons themselves and the block (which was bored, decked, and tanked).
Also has MSD ignition digital 6AL controller box pushing an MSD billet HEI distributor.

The speedo & tach I used were the 78 Vette L-82 140mph and the 6000-7000 redline tach.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

On to some specifics:

The engine is a SBC 360
Tranny is Auto TH350 (numbers match vin)
I can't remember how many miles the car had when I swapped the odometer out, so ***the displayed mileage is not correct***
Clean title
Last registration was June 2013 (mostly because I've been in Florida since the car arrived to the mainland)

Everything works.
- all lights
- vacuum headlight system
- I even added an iPod Nano dock which looks like it could have come stock
- door chime
- even the clock works (once the short is addressed)

A couple small things need addressing for flawless operation.
- The ignition cylinder fell out when I was reassembling my steering column and I didn't have time to fix it properly because I had an appointment to ship the car from Hawaii to Texas, so I wired a start button to the starter.
- There is a short to the center cluster from the hot lead to the clock which is a simple fix. The hard part is getting to it....disassembling the whole center console to the cluster.
- ^^^^ that caused the interior lights/taillights fuse to blow
- the removable rear window needs a new seal (between the glass and frame)
- the hood side of the prop rod needs fixing
- if you want the look to be correct, the 78+ windshield had a black painted frame around it which concealed the ~1.5" gap at the dash board. So you can either replace the 77 windshield with a 78+ one OR pull the 77 windshield to have the frame painted on then reinstall.
- the whole car needs to go through body and paint (no known fiberglass damage, just needs sanded smooth, prime, and paint)

- I have all of the emblems and gas door (had an idea for the gas door, but didn't follow through). The only emblems that came on this car were the nose and gas door emblems. It's an early 77 production, so it didn't even have the flags on the fenders.

I started using the razor blade method to strip the terrible terrible paint job the PO did, but it was making too much of a mess in my military housing carport.

If I think of anything else, I'll post up. Or if you have questions, feel free to ask.

Oh, I almost forgot in all of my ramblings......the asking price is $12,000 OR a trade for an equal condition 1957 Chevy Bel Air 4 door wagon.

The car is currently at my parent's house in Athens, TX. PM me, and we can work a showing with my dad. I can also take a pic of the title to send as proof as well.

I am in Florida since my wife is currently active duty military, so I probably will not be able to be there, but I'm a stay at home dad, so if you go check it out, you can call me and I'll answer questions to the best of my ability.

I would like to sell her where she sits (in Texas), but I have recently acquired a trailer, so I could transport her anywhere between east Texas to north Florida and up to 100 miles around Athens, TX or Navarre, FL since those are my "bases of operations".

Last edited by TurboStitchCW; 03-27-2014 at 03:28 AM.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:26 AM
TurboStitchCW
Burning Brakes

Here are a couple of relevant links:
(Whole build)
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...otsa-pics.html

(Completed interior)
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...n-my-77-a.html

(Photo album on Facebook)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5196793&type=1

(Most of the engine build)

(Engine comparison shots)
Old 03-29-2014, 08:44 PM
TurboStitchCW
Burning Brakes

Mods, you can close this thread, I am trading body-for-body for a 1967 Impala.

Get notified of new replies

To 77 Corvette Resto-mod project for sale!

Quick Reply: 77 Corvette Resto-mod project for sale!