C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else driving their SUPERCHARGED C7 home tonight?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 10:02 PM
brokenparts
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vegasredz062
I just realized it was two days since he had posted... and you are asking for a follow up. I tried to delete my post but it didnt work, not sure why.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:35 AM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 12-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Not so much hardware as it is software. It is going to be an issue that is not so easy to get around. There is one company who states they have gotten around it, but it can only be with GM help. In order to eliminated or re-write the software or turn things off you would have to have the A2L file and write a new S19 file. When you combined it with the other native files it would then create a new OS in the ECU. This can only come from GM internal so figuring out how to get everything to function in its current state is going to be only had by a very few that at least have some help from GM or access to certain details.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:13 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,195 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I always find it curious when we have a new member who signs up and goes after a vendor in multiple posts

Old 12-12-2013, 05:25 PM
10-7 OD
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by J.Abbott
Not so much hardware as it is software. It is going to be an issue that is not so easy to get around. There is one company who states they have gotten around it, but it can only be with GM help. In order to eliminated or re-write the software or turn things off you would have to have the A2L file and write a new S19 file. When you combined it with the other native files it would then create a new OS in the ECU. This can only come from GM internal so figuring out how to get everything to function in its current state is going to be only had by a very few that at least have some help from GM or access to certain details.
At least everything is in English! When I was developing VW/Audi/Porsche car forced induction kits, all the ECUs were in German. It took connections at Bosch overseas to get the file explaining the ECU code, but it was all in German. Google translate helped. ECU specific S19 file was also needed...requiring yet another back door secret squirrel connection at Bosch. I'm new to GM cars and have been out of the automotive aftermarket since '07, but it seems a lot easier to get started than the VW/Audi/Porsche tuning I was involved in.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:41 PM
YakovC6
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 10-7 OD
At least everything is in English! When I was developing VW/Audi/Porsche car forced induction kits, all the ECUs were in German. It took connections at Bosch overseas to get the file explaining the ECU code, but it was all in German. Google translate helped. ECU specific S19 file was also needed...requiring yet another back door secret squirrel connection at Bosch. I'm new to GM cars and have been out of the automotive aftermarket since '07, but it seems a lot easier to get started than the VW/Audi/Porsche tuning I was involved in.
Bosch connection hard to just get. I tried with shop for years. It is not easy they guard information very good for warranty
Old 12-12-2013, 05:57 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by 10-7 OD
Easier yes at least to understand. Getting the information not so easy. It takes knowing somebody in the right places unfortunately. You can actually buy the software but I am not sure how it is sold and you still could not do anything with it. You can't reverse engineer it, you could view the hex file etc you could make educated guesses at what a table is by reading the hex, but without that A2L it all just a bunch of hex numbers. The A2L is not stored in the ECU and there is no designation of OS on it so you have to know someone who knows somebody and I am not on that list. It is very top secret in GM, and not everyone has access to it. Even if they were using a Bosch ECU it would still be GM, and they have made it difficult, as they should.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:21 PM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Tuning the new E92 ECU is quite a different ballgame than previous offerings from GM... That being said we were able to pick up 152RWHP/169RWTQ out of a lil 5.3 LT1 2014 turbo Silverado so I would expect the C7 to be able to produce more power with its larger injectors..

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-t...ado-build.html

Quick Reply: Anyone else driving their SUPERCHARGED C7 home tonight?