Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infotainment screen flickering ????

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 07:07 PM
cb98coupe
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Infotainment screen flickering ????

Hello all , started my car tonite and the infotainment screen was flickering , pretty much only on the main radio screen . The screen stays on but there is background flickering of the buttons ( kinda like ghosting in the background . When I am in browse mode , everything is fine . Anyone heard of this before ? Thanks in advance .....
Old 12-30-2013, 08:10 PM
mrrrkva
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 64 Posts

This is a known problem. If you can wait till April, there has been possible news you will get a new replacement from a different source. If not, they will replace it now, but you may have to get another replacement in April. Some peoples replacement has had the same problem.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:27 PM
cb98coupe
Burning Brakes

Well , good news for now . I let the car sit for about a half hour . I figured that a good shut down might help . I started it up and it is fine right now . It was really weird , it was just kind of ghosting on the main radio screen only . Like I said if I left it in browse mode it was fine . I try not to freak out too much unless its a big issue but definitely a nuisance . i will keep an eye on it and hopefully I make it until april or may so I can get a new screen , if needed . Like I said , if needed , I would rather not even mess with it unless absolutely necessary .

Please keep chiming in , perhaps there are some others here who have experienced something of this sort .

Well , these are just growing pains . I am sure we will all be fine as time goes on and I am sure a few flashes . Still love my car as I know everyone else does .....
Old 12-30-2013, 08:58 PM
F4Topgun
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

Mine flickered when I picked it up. GM released a new flash that same day 11/4/13. Dealer flashed it and have not had one issue since.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:03 PM
cb98coupe
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by F4Topgun
Mine flickered when I picked it up. GM released a new flash that same day 11/4/13. Dealer flashed it and have not had one issue since.
Good news , I think that's all I need b/c it was only on one screen , pixels fine , all other screens fine .

I need to do the flash for the dim cluster . When I do that update I will have them flash for the radio and I think I will be ok . Thanks for some good news . Greatly appreciated .....
Old 12-31-2013, 02:46 AM
vincent_esq
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 38 Posts

I had the same exact problem this morning and it went away after turning screen off and then back on. My car has 800 miles now.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:36 AM
cb98coupe
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vincent_esq
I had the same exact problem this morning and it went away after turning screen off and then back on. My car has 800 miles now.
Seems like the problem we have is not as severe as some others here where the screen blacks out or the pixels are all messed up .

Like I said before , I think we should be ok . Kind of like when your tv freaks out and then you reset it and you're good . Part of the modern age I guess . We have warranty so that's good . I am just keeping a little list and when I go in for service I am hoping there will be some nice little software flashes headed our way .

Good luck with your car . Love the color and wheels .....
Old 12-31-2013, 11:15 AM
vincent_esq
Racer

Thanks cb98. Hope yours will be fine too! Happy New Year !
Old 12-31-2013, 02:04 PM
cb98coupe
Burning Brakes

Thanks cb98. Hope yours will be fine too! Happy New Year !
No problem , I like your wheels . Did you get them powdercoated ?

Anyway , drove to work today and still fine , so crossing my fingers for now .

At least we know there is a flash ready if the time comes .

Happy New Year ..... Chris ..... ....
Old 12-31-2013, 02:33 PM
vincent_esq
Racer

Originally Posted by cb98coupe
No problem , I like your wheels . Did you get them powdercoated ?

Anyway , drove to work today and still fine , so crossing my fingers for now .

At least we know there is a flash ready if the time comes .

Happy New Year ..... Chris ..... ....
Hi Chris,
Drove mine to grab some stuff for New Year's Eve party tonite. No problem yet. Thanks, actually, I "plasti-dip" my wheels by myself. I was not sure I liked the black rims, and I wasn't sure I wanted to keep the base rims either, so I did not want to shell out $600- $700 for powdercoating in case I did not like it. The cost to plasti-dip was about $50-$60, and takes a couple hours to do. It was so easy, my wife actually did most of the spraying, and I did the heavy work (taking the rims on and off). So far, it's been almost 3 weeks, and I have washed the car 3 times. No problem whatsoever with the rims. The rims look like they were powdercoated. When you touch it, it feels like a thick skin of rubber is on it.
I'm sure that if you want something permanent , powdercoating is the way to go, but since this has worked out great, I will leave it as is to see how long it lasts. There is a thread I started about this with pictures if you are interested.

Here is the thread link, Chris:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...-z51-rims.html

Last edited by vincent_esq; 12-31-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:30 PM
cb98coupe
Burning Brakes

Hi Chris,
Drove mine to grab some stuff for New Year's Eve party tonite. No problem yet. Thanks, actually, I "plasti-dip" my wheels by myself. I was not sure I liked the black rims, and I wasn't sure I wanted to keep the base rims either, so I did not want to shell out $600- $700 for powdercoating in case I did not like it. The cost to plasti-dip was about $50-$60, and takes a couple hours to do. It was so easy, my wife actually did most of the spraying, and I did the heavy work (taking the rims on and off). So far, it's been almost 3 weeks, and I have washed the car 3 times. No problem whatsoever with the rims. The rims look like they were powdercoated. When you touch it, it feels like a thick skin of rubber is on it.
I'm sure that if you want something permanent , powdercoating is the way to go, but since this has worked out great, I will leave it as is to see how long it lasts. There is a thread I started about this with pictures if you are interested.

Here is the thread link, Chris:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...-z51-rims.html
Thanks bro , it's people like you that keep me involved with this forum . I think I am going to give plasti dip a shot and see how I like it . I will post pics when complete . Be safe , alot of dumb people out there tonite ..... ...... Chris

Get notified of new replies

To Infotainment screen flickering ????

Quick Reply: Infotainment screen flickering ????