C7 is Ricer Styling

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 10:33 AM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,458 Likes on 2,274 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
Ok, look at it this way. If GM had been allowed to fail, there wouldn't be a next gen Corvette.
Or they could have gone thru a normal bankruptcy re-org and there would still be a next gen Corvette.

Flown on an airline lately?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:36 AM
palindrome1H
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in the Detroit area and have seen the C7 up close and personal. I can tell you that it looks a lot more substantial in person than it does on a computer screen. I was not wild about it from seeing the renderings, but he rear looks better in person too. Trust me, it will grow on any of the fencers.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:58 AM
stano
Safety Car

Ok. You all can come clean. You're all really women posing as guys
Old 01-17-2013, 11:00 AM
arkus
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A good car design shouldn't have to grow on you .

I think some people want to like it so much that they are closing their eyes to the ugly rear .
Old 01-17-2013, 11:02 AM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by OnPoint
Or they could have gone thru a normal bankruptcy re-org and there would still be a next gen Corvette.

Flown on an airline lately?
I fly on government bailed out Delta all of the time.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:04 AM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
There are a lot of women with similar issues. Either great headlights and too much junk in the trunk or, exactly the opposite!
Nothing a few mods can't fix. The headlights now match the trunk...oh yeah I need to post a new avatar picture when I get home today
Old 01-17-2013, 11:05 AM
Xtreme Z06
Instructor

To the OP, you don't seem to know what RICER means but I understand what you really mean. I don't agree with you, the C7 hit a homerun for me! Aerodynamics will start to mold cars of this caliber to similar shapes and proportions. Besides, Its time GM takes the corvette to the forefront of modern. That is the direction the Europeans take as well. Its the right direction.

Last edited by Xtreme Z06; 01-17-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: mistake on my behalf
Old 01-17-2013, 11:08 AM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 522 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

SlowV6,
Fair enough. And I sort of agree with you on the 02 WS6 being a work of art from every angle. I bought brand new and still own, a 93 Formula 6sp loaded. I was awestruck by that car when the marketing pics came out. From every angle. I owned a loaded 89 at the time and no question, this was a big step forward. To the point that I could not get my hands on one fast enough. Then in pre-production I got to drive a factory rep car and that was it. Paid the deposit on the spot. That sort of thing can't happen on the Vette because they are so damn "exclusive" almost nobody gets to drive one. Certainly not John Q Public. Wonderful marketing eh...

But, think about what you're saying here and who we're talking about. You have 6 previous generations of corvette owners here, many of whom can't agree on all 6 previous generations already. I mean really, think of how many people here would be happy to own one of every generation of Vette? Some would not touch a Cx with a 10 foot pole. Then I guess it should come as no surprise there's people who dislike certain things about this car too. I bet too that if you ask the owners of every single Corvette on the planet, they could tell you 'something' they don't like about their car too. Doesn't mean they don't like/love the car.

For me, I'm mostly anxious to see what the early adopters say. If there's any glaring issues, I'm sure we'll know about them soon enough. Until that time, I'm just gonna wait and see what develops. I'm keeping an open mind as to why things were done. Most new technology ends up being something I really like on cars, so I'm not going to prejudge much of what I see here. And, it just so happens I can't buy one for at least another year yet, so my opinion on this car is meaningless at this time. For all I know, I may still not buy a brand new one, but it'll be a combination of many things more important than the exterior if I don't.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 AM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 522 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by TWS Racing
And I don't know where you are coming from. I just voted in the other thread by Vette Nut and 45% of votes were in the positive category, 26% in the two negative categories and the rest ~28% in the neutral categories like "I need to see it".

45% is not a majority. Majority was either neutral or negative.

Let the C7 stand or fall on it's own four wheels. No need to be a political spinmeister.

I'm neutral, but your propaganda prompted me to comment. I'm not anti-C7, I'm anti spin.
Spin? Who's Spinning Now?

Let's just say 45% positive, 26% negative. Which is it.
All of the sudden you group the neutral with negative. how is that?

Let's say, 45% + 28% = 73% is NOT negative. 26% is negative. Now what does it look like.

You people and your glass is half empty crap. Neutral != Negative. <> if you prefer... .not.= if that is better for you.

Neutral to me in this context means, I am not head over heals about it but I am also not opposed to it.

Spin alright...
Old 01-17-2013, 11:26 AM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,187 Posts

Originally Posted by Z0SIXXXIN
OK....I say we make a list for everyone that talks crap about the C7. Then we keep track of how many people on that list actually buy one. If you are on the list, but buy one anyways, you should've eternally ban from all corvette forums. This car simply looks amazing, it does not look anything like any ricer....in fact, if they took design cues from anybody, it was the Italians.....which takes the vette to a completely different level. The C7 is the best looking car I have ever seen and now has a presence that will hang with exotics.
Originally Posted by Aozora
Been doing that for the last few months via ignore list.

Ignore List
Colorado C6 Guibo I Bin Therbefor Jet Streaming Notch PureSwank Slow C5 Slow Vette TTRotary
Check / Uncheck All
Add a Member to Your List...

Feel fre to use mine if you like, it's quickly filling up.
These are mainly people who repeat the same thing in every thread and have almost nothing positive to add. I invite varying opinions but it's gotten to the point wherei just don't care to hear the same thing every day repeated by the vocal minority here.
Ohhh no, they're making a list, checking it twice, gonna dictate who's naughty or nice.....................:ro fl:
Old 01-17-2013, 11:29 AM
TWS Racing
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Learn reading comprehension Spaz.

Dude claims majority is highly positive.

I say that is wrong. Majority is EITHER neutral or negative.

Is that clear enough for you? Because that is what I wrote.

All of the sudden you group the neutral with negative. how is that?
I'll tell you how that is: It is because I was showing the majority is either neutral or negative. Adding the two together, they outnumber the positive votes. Do you understand now? I hope you do, because I don't have time to draw you a picture.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:08 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by TWS Racing
Learn reading comprehension Spaz.

Dude claims majority is highly positive.

I say that is wrong. Majority is EITHER neutral or negative.

Is that clear enough for you? Because that is what I wrote.

I'll tell you how that is: It is because I was showing the majority is either neutral or negative. Adding the two together, they outnumber the positive votes. Do you understand now? I hope you do, because I don't have time to draw you a picture.
You're lying. Over 50% are positive about the car. Quit trying to spin the polls. Only 1/4 are even negative.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
You're lying. Over 50% are positive about the car. Quit trying to spin the polls. Only 1/4 are even negative.
And most important. Automotive journalists and people who have seen it in person, OVERWHELMINGLY (almost 100%) love the car.
Nuff said right there.

Unfortunately, haters gonna hate.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:18 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
And most important. Automotive journalists and people who have seen it in person, OVERWHELMINGLY (almost 100%) love the car.
Nuff said right there.

They are grasping at straws and badly photo-shopped pictures of round tail lights to justify their opinions.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:29 PM
TWS Racing
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
I'm not lying. What I posted was 100% true and verifiable when I posted it.

I don't know you, but you seem to come off as very defensive and childish, resorting to accusations. Untwist your panties. People are allowed to have their own opinion, even if it doesn't agree with yours. Are you a member of the Chevrolet C7 design team posting as a just a "regular Joe" CF member?

I gave the C7 a 7/10 myself, which is mildly positive. I just find it a mix of amusing and disturbing how the hardcore C7 fanboys will not tolerate any dissent and will resort to cyber bullying if someone doesn't love the C7.

A vote is cheap. An opinion is cheap. You need to be concerned about sales figures later on. That will be the true proof when people have to put their money where their mouth is. Forgive me for trying to interject a little reason and sobriety into this debate.

And for the record, I hope the C7 sells like hotcakes. I have SEVEN Chevys sitting in my garage and shop. I bleed Hugger Orange. I hope Chevrolet makes a lot of money off the C7. I just have to point out blatant intolerance/illogic when I see it.

Y'all have a nice day and try not to be too intolerant to facts, reason, or opinions that don't mirror yours.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:29 PM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nuff said right there.

Are those the same mags that ran a 06 Z06 to a mid-low 12 in the 1/4? I could care less what they think. In the end its what I think and as of right now I will not be buying one. When I see it in person I hope it changes my mind but as of now no thanks. Its not me hating on the car. I am not on here saying how can you love this thing? Its ugly!! I think its a very nice looking car but to ME when I look at it I think European and not Corvette! Am I hating on the car or on you who love it?

As far as the neutral voters like myself. I have to wait to see it before I make my final desicion on it. As of right now with looking at it on the CPU and TV I dont like the car as a Corvette. I have Negative feedback on the car and for me If I dont like the way a car looks or performs I am not gonna buy it especially when its 50k+.

The worst issue I have with my C5 is the damn cup holder. I could live with that. If I didnt like the way the back half of the car looked then I would never have bought a C5.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:32 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,187 Posts

Nuff said right there.

Dude, your auto response is stuck on "repeat". It keeps generating the same lame phrase. Ya might wanna check that before it burns out altogether............

Get notified of new replies

To C7 is Ricer Styling

Old 01-17-2013, 12:41 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

C6's on the lots now stock up on them if you don't like C7
Old 01-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by slow-v6
Are those the same mags that ran a 06 Z06 to a mid-low 12 in the 1/4? I could care less what they think. In the end its what I think and as of right now I will not be buying one. When I see it in person I hope it changes my mind but as of now no thanks. Its not me hating on the car. I am not on here saying how can you love this thing? Its ugly!! I think its a very nice looking car but to ME when I look at it I think European and not Corvette! Am I hating on the car or on you who love it?

As far as the neutral voters like myself. I have to wait to see it before I make my final desicion on it. As of right now with looking at it on the CPU and TV I dont like the car as a Corvette. I have Negative feedback on the car and for me If I dont like the way a car looks or performs I am not gonna buy it especially when its 50k+.

The worst issue I have with my C5 is the damn cup holder. I could live with that. If I didnt like the way the back half of the car looked then I would never have bought a C5.
Sounds like maybe you are a Mustang type person. Enjoy.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:43 PM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

CORVETTE POLL... http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...u-like-it.html

Quick Reply: C7 is Ricer Styling