Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] My engine blew up

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 06:01 PM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Chad. hands on experience wins every time. no getting around it.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:07 PM
ftf3rd
ftf3rd
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go to gm performance and buy a crate engine I did and was glad they built it to my specs
Old 07-11-2013, 06:24 PM
z0sicktanner
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mark200X
Let me know when you have:

1. Some valid statistics on lifter issues.

2. Some valid engineering arguments on any issue.

Until then, I've seen plenty of and he said and I've seen and you heard and OMG the end is near . . . . .
To be honest I don't give a damn about the lifters really. there not taking out blocks and I haven't seen any bad ones. not that there isn't any posted on this forum. I just said rollers shouldn't do this in low mile cars. 2 your Engineering degree don't mean chit to me. my arguments where clear 3 years ago. I said you would see alot of engines go down. Nobody blow the horn like I did. I think thats all the Argument I have to make. and I know for a fact I saved more egines with my info than yours you can believe that. your car has been down how long now? and why did you check yours? I gave the truth nothing more nothing less.

Last edited by z0sicktanner; 07-11-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Thor464
Advanced

Default me 2

my ls2 blewup last saturday 59k miles
Old 07-11-2013, 07:31 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by z0sicktanner
Eat my words? really?? buy all means pls do bring up all the vids of me eating my words youtube user name chadyellowz06. those vids i did i called dates for a reason... bring it Richie I'll take you to school mybe i should post up all the dates an times of the emails you posted to katech then on the thread you posted...o yeah I got all of it saved waiting for ya...only person eating words is you. You said this was a small number. by all means pls tell the forum it is still small
I posted those emails you fool. Do you think there wasn't anything in them I didn't want people to see? I posted them to try and shut you and Ricky up because you thought I was part of some great conspiracy and cover up when I had my heads done

Chad, in the "non Corvette Forum" world, it is still a small number of engine failures. You work on heads, most of which are sent to you because of the hysterical nature of your postings. While I admit that it's probably great for your business, it is not a real life sample of failures. Before you go off on some tangent that we can not only barely read, but also barely understand, I am not talking about worn guides. I am talking about engine failures, caused by a failed valve or guide.

I'll leave you to post ***** up this thread some more, but I am not getting into the back and forth banter with you. After all, Ron White is right........
Old 07-11-2013, 07:49 PM
z0sicktanner
Drifting

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
I posted those emails you fool. Do you think there wasn't anything in them I didn't want people to see? I posted them to try and shut you and Ricky up because you thought I was part of some great conspiracy and cover up when I had my heads done

Chad, in the "non Corvette Forum" world, it is still a small number of engine failures. You work on heads, most of which are sent to you because of the hysterical nature of your postings. While I admit that it's probably great for your business, it is not a real life sample of failures. Before you go off on some tangent that we can not only barely read, but also barely understand, I am not talking about worn guides. I am talking about engine failures, caused by a failed valve or guide.

I'll leave you to post ***** up this thread some more, but I am not getting into the back and forth banter with you. After all, Ron White is right........
ok I warned ya....yes there is something that you missed. I'll be posting tonight you asked for it... I've done work on this forum for free more than a few times....
Old 07-11-2013, 08:12 PM
z0sicktanner
Drifting

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06

your not talking about guides? worn guides cause the failure.

you put this up at 9:18 AM on 4/1/11 telling us what exhaust valves are in it.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...post1577227079
But you are still telling Jason on April 01, 2011 at 1:31 PM that you don't know which valves are in it.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...post1583836281
Read bottom email up^
Jason is in Michigan, Rich is in Cali and 3hrs behind Jason. also in the email with jason he says it's heat. wonder why he told you that an not the forum now who is the fool. Jason even sounds pissed but you still have those ss valves an bronze guides in your car 2 years later. So now the question becomes, why are you telling Jason at 1:31PM that you dont know what valves are in it. But you came in here and told us at 9:18 AM in the same morning exactly what valves were in it?

Unless you were scared that you were going to **** Jason and Katech off for putting stainless steel valves with that Katech short block, why wouldnt you tell him what you had told us just a few hours earlier.

You knew what valves were in it at 9:18 in the morning.

You came in here and told us

But at 1:31 in the same afternoon, your playing dumb and telling Jason that you dont know what valves are in it.

Or did you all of a sudden forget. "Edit" you deleted the post i was taking about...ha ha. you deleted the post...ha..thats ok here it is quoted. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...post1583434438 you deleted that pretty fast that was up when i linked this. lol. your words from the first link that you deleted 7 min after i posted. Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
1 piece stainless valves, bronze guides. We did not skimp out on anything. I really really do not want to do this again anytime soon. hmm and you said i edit my posts...ha

Last edited by z0sicktanner; 07-12-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Z06Samuel
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OP sorry to hear, hopefully this gets resolved quickly and to your benefit.
Sam
Old 07-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Mark2009
Safety Car

Originally Posted by thor464
my ls2 blewup last saturday 59k miles
- -
Old 07-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

And once again another thread goes completely to sh**
Old 07-11-2013, 08:48 PM
ClarksZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Werks
Ya but its entertaining !
Old 07-11-2013, 08:56 PM
z0sicktanner
Drifting

Originally Posted by Werks
yeah from ppl trying to sugar coat the issue.sorry but I have 3 years of info I've been posting for this guy to call me a fool troll tin hat ect. when he himself runs the same setup as me ss valves bronze valve guides.

Last edited by z0sicktanner; 07-11-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:07 PM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

To be honest I don't give a damn about the lifters really. there not taking out blocks and I haven't seen any bad ones. not that there isn't any posted on this forum. I just said rollers shouldn't do this in low mile cars. 2 your Engineering degree don't mean chit to me. my arguments where clear 3 years ago. I said you would see alot of engines go down. Nobody blow the horn like I did. I think thats all the Argument I have to make. and I know for a fact I saved more egines with my info than yours you can believe that. your car has been down how long now? and why did you check yours? I gave the truth nothing more nothing less.
-
his car is still BROKEN? oh my LOL........what a _ _ _ _!!! LOL

Last edited by erikszr1; 07-11-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:22 PM
ramairws6
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

your not talking about guides? worn guides cause the failure.

you put this up at 9:18 AM on 4/1/11 telling us what exhaust valves are in it.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...post1577227079
But you are still telling Jason on April 01, 2011 at 1:31 PM that you don't know which valves are in it.

Read bottom email up^
Jason is in Michigan, Rich is in Cali and 3hrs behind Jason. also in the email with jason he says it's heat. wonder why he told you that an not the forum now who is the fool. Jason even sounds pissed but you still have those ss valves an bronze guides in your car 2 years later. So now the question becomes, why are you telling Jason at 1:31PM that you dont know what valves are in it. But you came in here and told us at 9:18 AM in the same morning exactly what valves were in it?

Unless you were scared that you were going to **** Jason and Katech off for putting stainless steel valves with that Katech short block, why wouldnt you tell him what you had told us just a few hours earlier.

You knew what valves were in it at 9:18 in the morning.

You came in here and told us

But at 1:31 in the same afternoon, your playing dumb and telling Jason that you dont know what valves are in it.

Or did you all of a sudden forget. edit you deleted the post i was taking about...ha ha. you deleted the post...ha..thats ok here it is quoted. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...post1583434438 you deleted that pretty fast.lmao
Oh boy, look out now Chad! You actually pulled down both of their pants at the same time. Man, i knew what i would see but still wasn't expecting it!? And these are the so called "class act" guys that all the people drinking the coolaid came to know and love.
UNREAL.....

Last edited by ramairws6; 07-11-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:51 PM
ramairws6
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Get your licks in now boys and girls cause this thread will get locked down faster then you can shake a stick. Too many high dollar sponsors showing their true colors
Old 07-11-2013, 10:05 PM
HMFIC
Instructor

I was almost in the OP situation.....heres a cut n paste of what I posted in another thread, but this one hit close to home, coulda been me....

My PT warranty expires this week, so I took my 08 to Mac Haik since they have worked on my car in the past.

By the end of the day, I was called by my service writer (Duy "G" Nguyen...very attentive and understanding) and told that GM approved new heads/valvetrain replacement.

I asked if I could buy my old cores and was told that I could not because they get shipped back to GM.

Heads are to be over nighted and should be here tomorrow.

The car has always been noisy, but I was initially told that it was just a noisy valvetrain. I brought up my concerns about the valve issue and was told to bring it in and they did discover loose valve due to vale guide wear.

I did ask if the new guides are updated and the mechanic stated that he hoped so, but did not know.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:22 PM
z0sicktanner
Drifting

Originally Posted by ramairws6
Oh boy, look out now Chad! You actually pulled down both of their pants at the same time. Man, i knew what i would see but still wasn't expecting it!? And these are the so called "class act" guys that all the people drinking the coolaid came to know and love.
UNREAL.....

got tired of his bs with the name calling he deleted that post within minutes of me posting. whats that tell ya

Get notified of new replies

To My engine blew up

Old 07-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Mark2009
Safety Car

Originally Posted by HMFIC
[...] I did ask if the new guides are updated and the mechanic stated that he hoped so, but did not know.
There is no indication that there is anything wrong with the guides themselves, but more likely the machine work was sloppy (or some other as-yet undetermined cause). Hopefully GM has corrected the issue (they've certainly been made aware of it). In any case, check your guide clearance in 10K miles or so and see how they're holding up.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:06 PM
wolf8218
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HMFIC
I was almost in the OP situation.....heres a cut n paste of what I posted in another thread, but this one hit close to home, coulda been me....

My PT warranty expires this week, so I took my 08 to Mac Haik since they have worked on my car in the past.

By the end of the day, I was called by my service writer (Duy "G" Nguyen...very attentive and understanding) and told that GM approved new heads/valvetrain replacement.

I asked if I could buy my old cores and was told that I could not because they get shipped back to GM.

Heads are to be over nighted and should be here tomorrow.

The car has always been noisy, but I was initially told that it was just a noisy valvetrain. I brought up my concerns about the valve issue and was told to bring it in and they did discover loose valve due to vale guide wear.

I did ask if the new guides are updated and the mechanic stated that he hoped so, but did not know.
Same here, except I got to keep my set of heads with the third party warranty.

I remember you saw my car, yeah I had to go there twice to learn how to use a plunger gauge.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:06 PM
ParisTNDude
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by EViL427
And what makes you think that this brand new LT1 engine won't have issues given GM's track record lately?
Obviously no guarantee that it won't have problems, but MY track record with new GM cars, 20 or 25 or so, I have never had a failure of any sort with any of them. Oh, ok, a blown head gasket in my Vega which was chronic with that car...awesome (overseas Germany) otherwise. I am absolutely blown away with the fact that GM knows they have the Z06 problem and are not doing something to fix it wholesale. I just had the harmonic balancer replaced on my 06 by the local dealership and GM paid half. My 06 had 27K on it at the time, but it was a used car and I hadn't done my homework on that problem.

Quick Reply: [Z06] My engine blew up