C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head/Cam assistance - Please chime in

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 01:23 PM
LeMans05C6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head/Cam assistance - Please chime in

Well my timing chain broke, 5 pistons got smacked but numerous valves so i am looking at a good chunk of change just to get it back up and running. With that much to get it back to stock, i may as well upgrade while I am at it and the engine is in shambles.

I don't ever plan to drag the car or do forced induction or nitrous so that may guide some of this. My focus and new found hobby is road racing so power under the curve and torque as well are important to me.

Daily driver car as well so not something rediculous for a cam since i will want some normal function out of it, but I would like the increase in power even with some lope out of it. I don't mind driving a fast racey feeling car, but if I don't want it to drive me bonkers in the daily stuff (granted not sure how i would get annoyed by an awesome car)

I have an 05' MN6 LS2, so far with Halltech Venom Intake, LG Pro headers 1 3/4 and Corsa Extreme.

There are so many options out there for heads and even more for a CAM.

Anyone care to point me in the right direction, I am sure people like Spin and those experts could get me started where to look and in what region.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:33 PM
ninjavette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could have continued your other thread since it only had 3 responses and they were on topic. I believe someone provided a list of tuners in your area you could contact. I'd start there.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:17 PM
JayplaySS2
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't waste your time, search AFR 230 V2's and see Patricks cams for them, low 230's and over 500rwhp with a FAST 102.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:35 PM
njgreg
Racer

What kind of budget are you working with? If you have a few $'s to play with can always look into stroking your ls2. Have had both stock cubic inch h/c setup and built stroker 412 setup so any questions feel free to pm.

Greg
Old 10-12-2010, 03:55 PM
thesubfloor
Melting Slicks

Location: Brentwood World's first A6 in the 9's (including N/A, blower, turbo and nitrous cars) 9.950@139.267 CA
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LeMans05C6
Well my timing chain broke, 5 pistons got smacked but numerous valves so i am looking at a good chunk of change just to get it back up and running. With that much to get it back to stock, i may as well upgrade while I am at it and the engine is in shambles.

I don't ever plan to drag the car or do forced induction or nitrous so that may guide some of this. My focus and new found hobby is road racing so power under the curve and torque as well are important to me.

Daily driver car as well so not something rediculous for a cam since i will want some normal function out of it, but I would like the increase in power even with some lope out of it. I don't mind driving a fast racey feeling car, but if I don't want it to drive me bonkers in the daily stuff (granted not sure how i would get annoyed by an awesome car)

I have an 05' MN6 LS2, so far with Halltech Venom Intake, LG Pro headers 1 3/4 and Corsa Extreme.

There are so many options out there for heads and even more for a CAM.

Anyone care to point me in the right direction, I am sure people like Spin and those experts could get me started where to look and in what region.
If you haven't lined up a replacement motor yet, I have one from a 2005 that I just did an LS7 swap in. It's only got about 24K miles on it and would be a direct drop in.

Let me know if you're interested and we can talk price.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:22 PM
JayplaySS2
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by thesubfloor
If you haven't lined up a replacement motor yet, I have one from a 2005 that I just did an LS7 swap in. It's only got about 24K miles on it and would be a direct drop in.

Let me know if you're interested and we can talk price.
Even better
Old 10-12-2010, 07:15 PM
ninjavette
Racer

How do you keep track of all the threads you have on this? There is excellent information in every single one of those threads. You have been given some good advice and provided with plenty of options and places to contact. What specifically are you looking for?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...any-ideas.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...eeds-done.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...-thoughts.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...-chime-in.html

Last edited by ninjavette; 10-12-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:15 PM
m R g S r
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wait how did your timing chain snap? under normal driving conditions? wtf?? on a stock longblock...
Old 10-12-2010, 11:41 PM
LeMans05C6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Timing chain broke on an LS2 with headers exhaust intake and UD Pulley (ASP - which i have heard has a bad reputation for that, so ill either look for stock or ATI with spec normal sizees)

It broke on a straight away while in gear in mid RPM range. Not mid-shift or over rev or anything like that which would have made more sense.

Ninja,

Sorry for the extra posts as I don't know how everyone on here thinks and looks at posts. Sometimes the right title will bring in the right people for information. That's sometimes the reason for my chance or new thread. Also if the thread is fresh keeps things on topic instead of wandering. Thats all. Ill try to consolidate more in the future.

Get notified of new replies

To Head/Cam assistance - Please chime in

Quick Reply: Head/Cam assistance - Please chime in