C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's included in the A&A Supercharger kit and how is it different?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 06:59 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Location: Oxnard SoCal www.aacorvette.com www.superchargersuperstore.com
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default What's included in the A&A Supercharger kit and how is it different?

I get asked this quite frequently, so I figured I would make a post about what comes in the A&A kit and what are some differences from others.

A&A C5 Supercharger Kit

A&A C6 Supercharger Kit

Vortech Supercharger
Ah, yes the centrifugal supercharger. We choose Vortech. Polished finish is standard.

The V-2 Si-Trim is now the standard in A&A Corvette supercharging systems. This new supercharger is equipped with enhanced high-performance compressor stages, allowing for greater airflow, boost pressure and power gain potential. These new compressors are a product of Vortech's latest research and development process. The Si-Trim is capable of operating at a peak efficiency of 78% - an impressive 6% improvement over the S-Trim's already class-leading performance. Not only does a more efficient supercharger produce a cooler air charge, it also allows for reduced engine load which results in greater net horsepower and torque gains.

While the V-2 Si-Trim is standard (and has shown itself to be 700RWHP and 9 sec 1/4 mile worthy), you can upgrade to a V-2 T-Trim, V-3 Si-Trim, V-3 T-Trim, V-7 JT-Trim, or V-7 YSi-Trim Supercharger!

The A&A Corvette C6 Ram Air Intercooler

The A&A Corvette C5 Ram Air Intercooler

• Our intercooler design has evolved, through constant testing, into the most efficient intercooler system available for the C6 Corvette.
  • Our intercoolers rely on superior “air management” of the charge air as well as the external cooling airflow. Both are equally important and are often overlooked by the competition. With the limited space available in a Corvette, positioning of the intercooler is critical.
  • A large intercooler that is hidden behind the frame is not as efficient as a smaller intercooler that is exposed to full frontal airflow. Our intercooler is as large as any available but it’s placement is the key to superior charge cooling. The entire core is exposed to the cooling air stream.
  • The top of the intercooler core is positioned right at the bottom of the frame. It is mounted forward so as not to allow air to flow over the top of the intercooler.
  • We have side panels and a larger bottom panel that seals up against the front fascia.
  • This gives us a “Ram Air” effect through our intercooler. No other manufacturer has spent as much time and resources on air flow management as A&A.
  • Looking through the grill opening on an A&A system will reveal the difference between our system and all others. Nothing but the core area of the intercooler is exposed to the incoming rush of cold air. The intercooler face in encompassed by our sheet metal enclosure and both tanks are completely hidden from view.
  • The area next to the intercooler is also closed in with aluminum panels assuring that any air that is fed around the sides of the intercooler is redirected back into the radiator. Again, this is something no other manufacturer has incorporated into their systems.
  • Other designs allow the upper portion of the intercooler core to be shrouded by the frame and allow air to travel over and around the intercooler. When looking through the grill opening on other systems, you see the lower tank and only a portion of the core. This is horribly inefficient!

Mounting Bracketry
  • Belt wrap is the key to eliminating belt slip and our proprietary bracket system offers more belt wrap than any other system on the market.
  • Our bracket is CNC machined from 5/8” high quality 6061 aluminum plate and fly cut on both sides to assure absolute consistency in thickness. This is imperative for proper belt alignment.
  • Our brackets are constantly quality checked by assembling on our “mock up” engine and checking alignment with a laser aligner.

Vortech Maxflow Race Blowoff Valve
  • Blow-off Valves improve supercharger operations by opening to relieve unwanted pressure during deceleration. This reduces heat build-up and eliminates compressor surge
  • Flows 320 CFM @ 8 PSIG
  • This aluminum piece is standard in our systems, not the cheap plastic valve
  • We also include a filter to quiet down the valve

60 lb/hr Fuel Injectors

For your LS1/LS6/LS2/LS3/LS7, we supply you with 60lb injectors.

Fuel Pump or B-A-P
Depending on the year of your car, the kit comes with a high-flow LPE intank fuel pump or a Boost-A-Pump. (You can also order substitute a BAP for the pump in the early C5 models.)

NGK TR-6 Spark Plugs
Forced inducted cars need colder plugs. The kit will come with a set of one heat range colder (TR-6) spark plugs.

Crank Pinning Kit
Crank pinning kit that includes a new factory GM crank bolt.

T-Bolt Clamps
All visible connections are made with High Quality Stainless T-Bolt clamps. While the traditional worm gear clamps get the job done, the T-bolt clamps have a cleaner looking appearance.

The Little Things
The little things, let's take our idler pulley that goes on the automatic tensioner as an example. We have a spacer machined for us to fit in the pulley. Pretty sweet setup. We have seen other kits that use just a washer in this situation. Tightening the Bolt only bends the washer!

And don't forget the A&A C5 or C6 T-Shirt!

Last edited by Steve@AandACorvette; 04-01-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-31-2009, 08:17 PM
PowerLabs
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Good post
My A&A Supercharger kit arrived with everything I needed to install it myself; the install took 3 days using jackstands and hand tools, and the only specialized took I needed to buy was a tap to tap into the oil pan. The kit made 597RWHP/518RWTQ on an otherwise stock LS2 with headers, and has given me 9000 trouble free miles so far
Old 03-31-2009, 08:45 PM
johny125
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by PowerLabs
Good post
My A&A Supercharger kit arrived with everything I needed to install it myself; the install took 3 days using jackstands and hand tools, and the only specialized took I needed to buy was a tap to tap into the oil pan. The kit made 597RWHP/518RWTQ on an otherwise stock LS2 with headers, and has given me 9000 trouble free miles so far
BUT, then again, you are a MECHANICAL ENGINEER!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:03 PM
drivinfast
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

T-trim on a forged 402 with 245cc heads and methanol good for 201.43mph with 190 water temp in the TexasMile last weekend

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...h-results.html

even the earlier kit has good air flow, 75 degree day 190 degree water temp
Old 03-31-2009, 09:57 PM
NormWild
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Great Post, hopefully mine was one of the ones to ship out this week!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:02 PM
Tonycpa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve,

Thank you for the write-up and clear photos. This is the type of post that I find to be very helpful to the consumer. It shows exactly what you offer for the money. Very professional.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:32 AM
0Carmen@TheVetteDoctors
Former Vendor

Location: Amityville 2010 & 2011 NMCA Late Model EFI Champions BEST Service & the BEST prices on the EastCoast

Great kit
Old 04-01-2009, 01:44 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by PowerLabs
Good post
They mean complete, right down to the plugs and pin kit!Another self installed A&A kit 578rwhp and 530 rwtq
with a V-3si. I took about 10 days but took my time and have been problem free. Except the car stinks like burnt rubber everytime I get out
Old 04-01-2009, 02:23 PM
0Mike@G-Force
Former Vendor

Andy's kits are never missing any parts and are very complete. Plus they make easy HP.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:38 PM
0James@CountyCorvette
Former Vendor

Location: Corvette Sales, Service, Parts & Restoration West Chester Pa

Just finished another A&A kit up today - never disappoints
Old 04-08-2009, 10:47 AM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

powerlabs, my savings account hates you right now!. first widen'd wheels, now a supercharger! wtf.. i just keep missing all of A&A's crazy sales!.. but i will catch one of them eventually, unless he wants to send me a PM with some super sexy deal?!! ::wink:: wink::

-carl

p.s. i wonder how much extra HP/TQ the F.A.S.T is gonna give me over your setup..
Old 04-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Tonycpa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got mine back from the Vette Doctors today...Andy's system made 573RWHP/510RWTQ through an automatic (along with other mods listed in the signature section on my profile page).

Originally Posted by Steve@AandACorvette

I get asked this quite frequently, so I figured I would make a post about what comes in the A&A kit and what are some differences from others.

A&A C5 Supercharger Kit

A&A C6 Supercharger Kit

Vortech Supercharger
Ah, yes the centrifugal supercharger. We choose Vortech. Polished finish is standard.

The V-2 Si-Trim is now the standard in A&A Corvette supercharging systems. This new supercharger is equipped with enhanced high-performance compressor stages, allowing for greater airflow, boost pressure and power gain potential. These new compressors are a product of Vortech's latest research and development process. The Si-Trim is capable of operating at a peak efficiency of 78% - an impressive 6% improvement over the S-Trim's already class-leading performance. Not only does a more efficient supercharger produce a cooler air charge, it also allows for reduced engine load which results in greater net horsepower and torque gains.

While the V-2 Si-Trim is standard (and has shown itself to be 700RWHP and 9 sec 1/4 mile worthy), you can upgrade to a V-2 T-Trim, V-3 Si-Trim, V-3 T-Trim, V-7 JT-Trim, or V-7 YSi-Trim Supercharger!

The A&A Corvette C6 Ram Air Intercooler

The A&A Corvette C5 Ram Air Intercooler

• Our intercooler design has evolved, through constant testing, into the most efficient intercooler system available for the C6 Corvette.
  • Our intercoolers rely on superior “air management” of the charge air as well as the external cooling airflow. Both are equally important and are often overlooked by the competition. With the limited space available in a Corvette, positioning of the intercooler is critical.
  • A large intercooler that is hidden behind the frame is not as efficient as a smaller intercooler that is exposed to full frontal airflow. Our intercooler is as large as any available but it’s placement is the key to superior charge cooling. The entire core is exposed to the cooling air stream.
  • The top of the intercooler core is positioned right at the bottom of the frame. It is mounted forward so as not to allow air to flow over the top of the intercooler.
  • We have side panels and a larger bottom panel that seals up against the front fascia.
  • This gives us a “Ram Air” effect through our intercooler. No other manufacturer has spent as much time and resources on air flow management as A&A.
  • Looking through the grill opening on an A&A system will reveal the difference between our system and all others. Nothing but the core area of the intercooler is exposed to the incoming rush of cold air. The intercooler face in encompassed by our sheet metal enclosure and both tanks are completely hidden from view.
  • The area next to the intercooler is also closed in with aluminum panels assuring that any air that is fed around the sides of the intercooler is redirected back into the radiator. Again, this is something no other manufacturer has incorporated into their systems.
  • Other designs allow the upper portion of the intercooler core to be shrouded by the frame and allow air to travel over and around the intercooler. When looking through the grill opening on other systems, you see the lower tank and only a portion of the core. This is horribly inefficient!

Mounting Bracketry

• Belt wrap is the key to eliminating belt slip and our proprietary bracket system offers more belt wrap than any other system on the market.
  • Our bracket is CNC machined from 5/8” high quality 6061 aluminum plate and fly cut on both sides to assure absolute consistency in thickness. This is imperative for proper belt alignment.
  • Our brackets are constantly quality checked by assembling on our “mock up” engine and checking alignment with a laser aligner.

Vortech Maxflow Race Blowoff Valve
  • Blow-off Valves improve supercharger operations by opening to relieve unwanted pressure during deceleration. This reduces heat build-up and eliminates compressor surge
  • Flows 320 CFM @ 8 PSIG
  • This aluminum piece is standard in our systems, not the cheap plastic valve
  • We also include a filter to quiet down the valve

60 lb/hr Fuel Injectors

For your LS1/LS6/LS2/LS3/LS7, we supply you with 60lb injectors.

Fuel Pump or B-A-P
Depending on the year of your car, the kit comes with a high-flow LPE intank fuel pump or a Boost-A-Pump. (You can also order substitute a BAP for the pump in the early C5 models.)

NGK TR-6 Spark Plugs
Forced inducted cars need colder plugs. The kit will come with a set of one heat range colder (TR-6) spark plugs.

Crank Pinning Kit
Crank pinning kit that includes a new factory GM crank bolt.

T-Bolt Clamps
All visible connections are made with High Quality Stainless T-Bolt clamps. While the traditional worm gear clamps get the job done, the T-bolt clamps have a cleaner looking appearance.

The Little Things
The little things, let's take our idler pulley that goes on the automatic tensioner as an example. We have a spacer machined for us to fit in the pulley. Pretty sweet setup. We have seen other kits that use just a washer in this situation. Tightening the Bolt only bends the washer!

And don't forget the A&A C5 or C6 T-Shirt!

Get notified of new replies

To What's included in the A&A Supercharger kit and how is it different?

Quick Reply: What's included in the A&A Supercharger kit and how is it different?