Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] New record 10.66

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnin4
that's not very accurate, considering Fartpipe ran 10.34 at the same track on the same day with just bolt-ons (c6z). A cam would pick up another 50whp+ which would make the gap even larger. The ZR1 is still king though

let me know if you are interested in seeing a video of a h/c c6z vs stock ZR1 from a roll, there is a significant difference.

Thanks Burnin4 It is hands down amazing what the ZR1 is capable of. What Kyle/blownlt1&C6Z is nothing short of near perfection! I was shocked when I'd see the Yellow ZR1 flying around the corner for yet another hot lap and the ET's it would produce. I'm sitting there going no no heat soak this and engine temp that and Kyle waives as he goes by for another run to go even faster. Since the LS based motors have been around my experience is they absolutely go faster on the hot lap the driver is in a better rythem aswell. Kyle completely proved me wrong and made me a believer in the ZR1. I couldnt believe my eyes when he would go up there and cut a 1.63,1.63,1.64,1.67 60ft times with a stock ZR1 with tall drag radials. Almost every ZR1 i've watched has the worst time coming out of the hole with that crazy first gear. I think his 1.63 is more amazing than my 1.50 60ft in my C6Z06.
It always goes to prove practice practice practice and practice some more is great but learning from it and applying it is even more important than many realize. Anyone can go to a rental and make 20-30-40plus passes. Its those that learn and apply that really gain experience and achieve their goals with these cars and any car for that matter.

Once again absolutely amazing a 10.5x is coming soon I hear it already for from Kyle in his factory average ZR1 with drag radials only.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:13 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,061 Likes on 1,313 Posts

Congrats Kyle! That is very impressive 60', considering the overall gearing of first and the tall tires. What rpm were you launching at if you don't mind sharing?
Old 01-07-2011, 12:14 PM
WayneCar
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Congratulations again Kyle. I have no doubt you will see a
10.5x on a shorter tire.
I agree with Jamie to a point about needing to adjust your driving
to accommodate the taller tire. Your 330'-1320' were about .08 sec
off your stock tire times early in the day, and you had worked that
down to a .04 second difference after 25 or so passes. Still, with
the extra speed you carried from the better launches, I would think
your intervals would all improve. Instead, every interval on the slips
were off the mark when compared to your stock tire runs. I really
think you will shave off about a tenth or more when you get some
passes on the 18" wheels in similar conditions. I saw some great
driving from all the Corvettes at the rental. Thanks for the great
entertainment!
Wayne
Old 01-07-2011, 12:22 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by 02HREBlue
Please post the video. Thanks
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...134-60mph.html
Old 01-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Fartpipe
Thanks Burnin4 It is hands down amazing what the ZR1 is capable of. What Kyle/blownlt1&C6Z is nothing short of near perfection! I was shocked when I'd see the Yellow ZR1 flying around the corner for yet another hot lap and the ET's it would produce. I'm sitting there going no no heat soak this and engine temp that and Kyle waives as he goes by for another run to go even faster. Since the LS based motors have been around my experience is they absolutely go faster on the hot lap the driver is in a better rythem aswell. Kyle completely proved me wrong and made me a believer in the ZR1. I couldnt believe my eyes when he would go up there and cut a 1.63,1.63,1.64,1.67 60ft times with a stock ZR1 with tall drag radials. Almost every ZR1 i've watched has the worst time coming out of the hole with that crazy first gear. I think his 1.63 is more amazing than my 1.50 60ft in my C6Z06.
It always goes to prove practice practice practice and practice some more is great but learning from it and applying it is even more important than many realize. Anyone can go to a rental and make 20-30-40plus passes. Its those that learn and apply that really gain experience and achieve their goals with these cars and any car for that matter.

Once again absolutely amazing a 10.5x is coming soon I hear it already for from Kyle in his factory average ZR1 with drag radials only.
:o WOW your making me blush again! LOL but I was just counting up time tickets and I do have about 150+ passes in stock ZR1's
Old 01-07-2011, 12:57 PM
98tadriver
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nicely done kyle! I wish i couldve been there to race and watch you guys run. If you catch wind of anymore rentals like that, ill go, pending my car doesnt act up on me like it did the other night
Old 01-07-2011, 01:22 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

that's not very accurate, considering Fartpipe ran 10.34 at the same track on the same day with just bolt-ons (c6z). A cam would pick up another 50whp+ which would make the gap even larger. The ZR1 is still king though

let me know if you are interested in seeing a video of a h/c c6z vs stock ZR1 from a roll, there is a significant difference.
Fartpipe
CF Senior Member

Garage is empty, add now

My Corvette Photos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by venomws7
Congrats man
Any weight reductions other than wheels/tires?

I did pull the front sway bar and passenger seat to be honest and no passenger floor mat. I have small feet lol so I keep the driver floor mat in for better clutch release control and I wear really cool PUMA racing shoes with a Ferrari logo
Partly why I did the weight reduction I did is because I want to see what the difference is due to I'm going to be putting the RSD 5pt bar in the car that adds 45lbs. I have the factory battery etc in the car. My car is a 2LZ with Navi,heat seats,memory all the extra stuff. My car always seems to weigh more than my friends though. My friends 06Z weighs 20lbs less than my car in drag racing form versus his street racing form. LUCKY SOB!!!!

I'd pull my seat, swaybar and matts if Ranger would drive my ZR1 to see what he could do..... Heck, I'd even buy him those fancy racing shoes
Old 01-07-2011, 02:41 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Fartpipe, can I borrow your announcer for my next video?

That is just fantastic work. Your shifting is some of the best I've heard. If you come to FL please call me, I'd love to get some shifting lessons and see that in person.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:16 PM
VY ZR1
Advanced

Way to go Kyle! Great passes and I cant wait to see some video!

And BTW If you want to compare bolt-on cars to ZR1's you should use the LPE bolt on ZR1 that ran 9.8x at 145+
Old 01-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Burnin4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 02HREBlue
Please post the video. Thanks
pm'd the vid
Old 01-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Great times for sure! I agree, 10:5's are achievable (certainly won't be the norm, but there will be a couple people hitting this time for sure) for this rocket that GM builds! Again, congrats and great driving.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Viper TT
Burning Brakes

Awesome driving Kyle!

Now stop wasting time and get those CCW's to put up the 10.5x!
Old 01-07-2011, 05:48 PM
jamie furman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Viper TT
Awesome driving Kyle!

Now stop wasting time and get those CCW's to put up the 10.5x!

I don't think there are going to be any stock 10.5's run in a ZR1 Sal, you might see a couple more hundredth's but thats it!, maybe a low 10.60 at best. When you run 1.62, 1.63 60's in a stock ZR1 it is equivelent to like a 1.57 leave in a Z06 because of the gearing difference and Kyle was driving as good as one can running consistent high 132's , 133 mph and over 134 mph on 1 pass I witnessed and if you can't run a 10.50 with leaves and mph like Kyle was running yesterday in that air it can't be done IMO. I don't care what size tires you put on that car your not going below a 1.60 60' and 2 hundredth's are not going to put that car in the 50's, and the mph's can't get any faster as they are already faster than anyone else has ever run!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:23 PM
tomsws6
Burning Brakes

I wonder what would happen if you put ET streets on? Would you just break alot of stuff?

Edit: Nevermind. I wasnt thinking. With out major fabrication I would imagine they wont fit. Be interesting though...

Last edited by tomsws6; 01-07-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:54 PM
WayneCar
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jamie furman
I don't think there are going to be any stock 10.5's run in a ZR1 Sal, you might see a couple more hundredth's but thats it!, maybe a low 10.60 at best. When you run 1.62, 1.63 60's in a stock ZR1 it is equivelent to like a 1.57 leave in a Z06 because of the gearing difference and Kyle was driving as good as one can running consistent high 132's , 133 mph and over 134 mph on 1 pass I witnessed and if you can't run a 10.50 with leaves and mph like Kyle was running yesterday in that air it can't be done IMO. I don't care what size tires you put on that car your not going below a 1.60 60' and 2 hundredth's are not going to put that car in the 50's, and the mph's can't get any faster as they are already faster than anyone else has ever run!
Jamie,
I really can't agree with that. Kyle's numbers were off for everything
but the 60' all day. Your numbers on the same tires were way off what
you have run in the past. Both you and Kyle know more about driving
a ZR1 down the track than I ever will, but those numbers don't lie. I
think a 10.5 will be in the near future. If I am wrong, it will be obvious
after some racers put the 18" wheels on a ZR1.
Respectfully,
Wayne

Last edited by WayneCar; 01-08-2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Captain Morgan gave me poor spelling advice. ;)
Old 01-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

HERE YA GO!!!! KYLE!!!! Video of your 10.69 pass.... sorry wayne shut off the camera before saying you MPH but you have the video. I'll get up video of your 134.55mph one this weekend. Just wanted to get this one up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQF0GjsrznI
Old 01-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Viper TT
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jamie furman
Originally Posted by WayneCar
Jamie,
I really can't agree with that. Kyle's numbers were off for everything eo
a ZR1 down the track than ever will, but those numbers don't lie. I
Respecfully,
Wayne
I disagree as well. Quarter mile runs are not solely dependent on the 60'. Reducing the tire diameter may allow Kyle to obtain a better 330' to effectively gain the .07 seconds he is looking for. I'm not much of a theoretic racer, so there is only one way to find out. I know Kyle is working on it and will prove one of us wrong.

Get notified of new replies

To New record 10.66

Old 01-07-2011, 07:23 PM
jamie furman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WayneCar
Jamie,
I really can't agree with that. Kyle's numbers were off for everything
a ZR1 down the track than ever will, but those numbers don't lie. I
Respecfully,
Wayne
Wayne if I am wrong it won't be the first time! , but that being said I don't think you can compare timeslip splits from street tires to drag tires as there are many variables, but here are a couple of things that are comparable and undeniable regardless of the wheel and tire:
Kyle ran the best 60' fts ever run in a ZR1, and some of the best 60's ever run by any stock Corvette, and he also ran the fastest mph ever run in a stock Corvette of any model by a good amount ever, in some of the best and coldest air I have seen Jason let us make full passes in, with just about perfect traction, as he will vouch himself. So my question is where do you pick up the time? In the 60" (1.62) or the mph (134.55)? those are 2 pretty stout numbers, and the (stock clutch) can only handle so hard a leave so I think it will be hard to pick up much or any 60' with the tall first gear, and the mph, that was just unreal! I have a lot of track time and I just don't think everyone understands how fast Kyle went yesterday, because I think it was the quickest and fastest pass ever made by a factory production stock car with tires only!

Last edited by jamie furman; 01-07-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:43 PM
GaryZ06
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please PM me the video....thanks
Old 01-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Location: 2007 Nat'l Corvette Challenge 11.50 index Champ. New Jersey
Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

Way to go Kyle! That's awesome! Great driving. a 10.5X would shut A LOT of people up! That is, if 134mph didn't already.

And close to 40 passes at a rental is crazy! lol

Congrats again!

Ron

Quick Reply: [ZR1] New record 10.66