C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold Shoulder from Allied!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 11:57 PM
cbecker
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Shoulder from Allied!

Some of this is repeated a bit

I have VIN 4029 scheduled for NCM delivery on 10/18 and called Judy at the NCM today to see if I could get an update! Judy said that she had just faxed a list to Allied of cars that were schedule for NCM delivery to get an updated status. This was about 1-2PM Central. She was going to check with Allied later in the afternoon regarding the list but I didn't check back with her.

I then called Kevin at the plant and he showed my order as being produced and released to Allied for shipment but stated that Allied would be able to tell me if I had been passed for final shipment (RE Transmission Problem) and that he couldn't tell from his system the status. I am guessing that GM QC (or someone) must work with Allied on this issue. Anyone have any ideas or contacts on that side? Kevin was his AWESOME self as usual!

I then called Allied and was asked who I was from? I said I was the car's owner and she told me that I needed to call my dealer directly for status info. I asked why and was told that they had received so many calls that they had been told to refer callers to the dealer who should contact Chevy dealer services (or something like that). I continued to object (by being quiet) and she asked my what the last 4 of my VIN were. I told her and thanked her for looking it up and she replied that my car had not been released for shipment. It became obvious that no other info was forthcoming so I said thanks and hung up!

Anyone else had a bad Allied experience or a better contact person who will give me info?

Also, for those thinking about cars being held and checked, my VIN is 4029!

Last edited by cbecker; 10-12-2004 at 12:04 AM.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:22 AM
SouthFlorida
Instructor

Originally Posted by cbecker
I have VIN 4029 scheduled for NCM delivery on 10/18 and called Judy at the NCM today to see if I could get an update! Judy said that she had just faxed a list to Allied of cars that were schedule for NCM delivery to get an updated status. This was about 1-2PM Central. She was going to check with Allied later in the afternoon regarding the list but I didn't check back with her.

I then called Kevin at the plant and he showed my order as being produced and released to Allied for shipment but stated that Allied would be able to tell me if I had been passed for final shipment (RE Transmission Problem) and that he couldn't tell from his system the status. I am guessing that GM QC (or someone) must work with Allied on this issue. Anyone have any ideas or contacts on that side? Kevin was his AWESOME self as usual!

I then called Allied and was asked who I was from? I said I was the car's owner and she told me that I needed to call my dealer directly for status info. I asked why and was told that they had received so many calls that they had been told to refer callers to the dealer who should contact Chevy dealer services (or something like that). I continued to object (by being quiet) and she asked my what the last 4 of my VIN were. I told her and thanked her for looking it up and she replied that my car had not been released for shipment. It became obvious that no other info was forthcoming so I said thanks and hung up!

Anyone else had a bad Allied experience or a better contact person who will give me info?

Also, for those thinking about cars being held and checked, my VIN is 4029!
When my car was on a Factory Hold and siting in Allied's lot, Allied told me that they have to wait on an update from the factory before they can ship because their computer system had the car on factory hold. Those updates seem to be slow in coming from the factory or slow at processing at Allied because my car was sitting in Allied's lot for three days when the factory said my car was not on factory hold. I was able to get the Allied person(they probably are not suppose to do this for a car buyer) to check on this because I told them the factory said it wasn't suppose to be on hold and an hour later the hold was lifted by Allied after they varified.

Now I don't know for sure where the bottle neck is. I don't know if there is someone at the factory that is slow at sending the updates to Allied(this wouldn't be Kevin's department) or whether the updates are sent to Allied and Allied takes forever to update their system with the new information the factory sends and the bottle neck is at Allied. So when she called someone to varify that my car was not on hold, I don't know whether she was calling someone at the factory or someone internal to Allied that had factory updates but hadn't updated the Allied System.

So in other words, there is definately a bottle neck somewhere between the factory and Allied, and if can potential delay a car for at least several days. I wonder how many more days my car would have been sitting if I hadn't of got involved. But I do thank Allied for solving the problem whatever the cause.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:46 AM
c6nut
Burning Brakes

I was going through the same thing today. here is the thread.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=923011
Old 10-12-2004, 01:09 AM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

Originally Posted by cbecker
..... and she asked my what the last 4 of my VIN were. I told her and thanked her for looking it up and she replied that my car had not been released for shipment. It became obvious that no other info was forthcoming so I said thanks and hung up!

Anyone else had a bad Allied experience.....
How is that a bad experience? She told you it was not released.

Let the NCM handle getting information. They want it to be a happy experience and will do what is necessary to make it so.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:47 AM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know everyone is eager to get their cars but I think people should stop bothering Allied,Bowling Green, etc and let them do their jobs.
I am sure they will do their jobs better and faster if people stop bothering them.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:32 AM
SamsBud

Originally Posted by jabez
I know everyone is eager to get their cars but I think people should stop bothering Allied,Bowling Green, etc and let them do their jobs.
I am sure they will do their jobs better and faster if people stop bothering them.

Relax... deep breaths...
Old 10-12-2004, 10:03 AM
RCoons
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06-'09

If your getting a Museum Delivery, I would let Judy and Gary take care of this. I tried bugging Allied and found that Gary gets a lot more attention at Allied than I did...Just my $.02. Hang in there it will happen!!!
Old 10-12-2004, 10:12 AM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

I was talking with Allied about twice a week and found they were more than happy to update me on status. I talked to the Allied driver about calling there and the friendly people I had dealt with. The pne person I believe you are talking about is less than happy to help. He said she is llike that even to people that work there. I won't mention her name.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:12 PM
STBC6
Advanced

Anyone else had a bad Allied experience or a better contact person who will give me info? They pulled that one on me to last week.

Use a little social engineering folks. I don't call allied often "twice now" but when I do I say "Hello, my name is ****** with ****** Chevrolet and I would like to check the status of a corvette please. Ok, so it may be slightly unethical but it is unethical to reroute us to the dealers who have better things on their minds like "selling cars". I figure I am ultimately paying for the allied shipping charges so I shouldn't have to play Mr. Deception to some phone representative when all they have to do is punch in four numerics to give me the answer I need.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Mark S.
Safety Car

I hate to say this...but if you keep bugging them, the driver might be handed your VIN and might decide to drive your baby onto the truck with a bit of carelessness...sort of like bugging your waiter before he brings you your food...be careful.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:09 PM
RIC96
Drifting

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by jabez
I know I would...
Old 10-12-2004, 02:23 PM
STBC6
Advanced

I have a $56,000 vehicle in limbo. I don't think calling twice a week to see if there is any updated information on receiving it because of a quality hold being a bother. If it is a bother then it's a customer service failure. I'm sure GM knows/approves what Kevin is doing or they wouldn't allow it. BTW Kevin asks you to give him a call later in the week to see if there is a change. As for Allied I have only had one problem and it was with the women representative as someone mentioned earlier. The others at Allied have been very helpful.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Weasel
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Me too.

I called at 7:05 this morning, (Tuesday). And was told that I had to go through my dealer. So I did, and he is not able to get any information either.
Why is it that any small little thingee that happens is reported in all the newspapers, and this MAJOR, major, snafoo is given the silent treatment. How are they able to hold off the hungry reporters? We want to know.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:43 PM
SlowAzzVette
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I had one of the worst experiences with Allied today!

I called the Plant, and didn't have to bother Kevin this time, they directed me to Shipping Gate. The people there indicated to me that my car had no holds on it what so ever and it's on it's to Allied for Shipping. Then i got a call from Kevin letting me kow the same and he added the part that my car was at Allied.
So I called, and here she was on the phone mean and wierd before i started talking.
I agree with whoever said that Allied's system is not being updated as quickly as it's supposed to be and i do not like the fact that the plant tells you somthing and Allied tells you something else.

I have no problem with a " Quality hold" but that's what a warranty is for.

I do not mind waiting a few days to get my car, but i need to know the truth behind all this mess.

The DEALER, had a status that my car was Ok to ship.
The PLANT had an OK to ship

Then why wouldn't the SHIPPING PEOPLE!?!?!?

I am expecting a call from someone who might be a better help for all of us in the future, he wouldn't be happy if i said who he was, but i would ask to speak to Quality Control Directly folks if you want better answers.

And please if someone has any connections at Allied, Tell that lady that we have nothing personal against her, we just want our $50,000+ cars that we are paying dearly for! and everyone who's buying this car now should be thanked and rewarded for putting up with as much BS and paying a full sticker on a car that will depreciate faster then you can imagine!

Thanks all for reading my extended reply
Old 10-12-2004, 04:53 PM
1fastdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by STBC6
Anyone else had a bad Allied experience or a better contact person who will give me info? They pulled that one on me to last week.

Use a little social engineering folks. I don't call allied often "twice now" but when I do I say "Hello, my name is ****** with ****** Chevrolet and I would like to check the status of a corvette please. Ok, so it may be slightly unethical but it is unethical to reroute us to the dealers who have better things on their minds like "selling cars". I figure I am ultimately paying for the allied shipping charges so I shouldn't have to play Mr. Deception to some phone representative when all they have to do is punch in four numerics to give me the answer I need.
Proof positive that dealer's can receive info if they ask for it...
Old 10-12-2004, 05:16 PM
juiceman03070
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Absolute Bull---t

Originally Posted by Mark S.
I hate to say this...but if you keep bugging them, the driver might be handed your VIN and might decide to drive your baby onto the truck with a bit of carelessness...sort of like bugging your waiter before he brings you your food...be careful.
I called Allied the week after my Vette was built and was treated with respect and info was given promptly...I was given the drivers name and the date he left.. He had 11 autos that went to 11 seperate stops..Five differant states...Mine was first on and last off.. The driver Jeff S. called me and said my car would be a day late ,and told me to be at the dealer at 4 pm next day..My wife and I happened to leave just a little early and actually saw the carrier on the highway and pulled beside and took pix...Followed Jeff to fuel stop before going to dealer...This guy was the most professional ,clean ,well mannered ,man that you could imagine..I was so impressed that we gave him a substancial tip and thanked him for taking such good care of our car..To make a statement that they might damage something is an insult not justfied or just plane stupid
Old 10-13-2004, 08:07 AM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by juiceman03070
I called Allied the week after my Vette was built and was treated with respect and info was given promptly...I was given the drivers name and the date he left.. He had 11 autos that went to 11 seperate stops..Five differant states...Mine was first on and last off.. The driver Jeff S. called me and said my car would be a day late ,and told me to be at the dealer at 4 pm next day..My wife and I happened to leave just a little early and actually saw the carrier on the highway and pulled beside and took pix...Followed Jeff to fuel stop before going to dealer...This guy was the most professional ,clean ,well mannered ,man that you could imagine..I was so impressed that we gave him a substancial tip and thanked him for taking such good care of our car..To make a statement that they might damage something is an insult not justfied or just plane stupid
Ask for Scott or Mike, even the driver that dropped mine off said she was a B----. The Allied driver I dealt with gave me a call the night before, gave me his cell number and told me what time to expect him at ther dealer. I asked him if I could drive it off the transport. He said sure. The wife took pictures all the way through the process. The driver was was very courteous, and professional.

Get notified of new replies

To Cold Shoulder from Allied!

Old 10-13-2004, 09:08 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,221 Likes on 411 Posts

Default Are we talking about the same things here?

I don't know if any of us understand this system...I know I don't. Here's what I THINK I know:

1. The car is turned over to Allied after it is built and has gone through its QC at the plant. I assume this would include the MN6 check and/or fix. If the car is waiting for the QC or tranny fix it is on "hold" at the plant.

2. Allied doesn't receive any cars that might have any problems or are waiting for a transmission check.

3. Allied must do a visual QC on the car before it is loaded on a carrier.

4. Cars are assigned to carriers by destination and do not get loaded or moved until a carrier is assigned 11 cars.

5. While waiting for the QC and carrier assignment, the car is essentially on "hold" at the Allied lot.

6. It is taken off "hold" when it's ready to be loaded on a carrier and has a delivery date. At this point, Allied can provide specific information about your car and the estimated delivery date.

This is what I think is going on here...it makes sense to me. I think people may be confusing the Allied shipping holds with the plant QC holds. I KNOW that the smaller dealers will not get their orders delivered as quickly as the big guys simply because they won't have a full carrier load coming in at once. The smaller guys seem to be getting deliveries in about two weeks, while the big guys get them in a week or less.

If anyone has more specific information about the shipping process please let me know, but I don't think anything all that unusual is really going on here.

Stan
Old 10-13-2004, 10:38 AM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Mine came off the line on a Friday, loaded on a transport on Monday, delivered to the dealer on a Thursday morning. I took delivery about 11:00 AM that morning after watching them do a PDI. Mine was the dealers first delivery of a C6. But it was not the first one they had ordered. The first one was on the truck also. Allied I figured was waiting for a full load to Southern California before leaving BG. The other C6 that was with mine was finished and sat on Allied's lot for two weeks before being loaded to the dealer delivery. It was luck of the draw that mine was built and delivered so fast No wait time in the Allied lot.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:38 PM
c2c4c6
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Allied Phone Number

Can someone please post the Allied phone number? PLEASE?

Quick Reply: Cold Shoulder from Allied!