C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W h y ? ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 10:08 AM
sxeC7
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'09-'10

Originally Posted by 427SIXPACK
W H Y ? ? ?

Figured i would ask this here in the "c-6" section....... W H Y do guys take brand new 2009 Corvettes 100% stock to car shows to have them "JUDGED" never understood this ? Why not state it's all original, with the window sticker, bill of sale, brouchure & owners manual as well. Just wondering what you guys that do this have to say ?

I laugh everytime i see this happen, I think it's pretty funny !! If you want to see a new car, you can go to any showroom. Whats the point ?
Your car should be clean, IT'S BRAND NEW................

Mr Sixpack has a point, but is it any different than someone buying a newly restored early vette and showing it?

I thought car shows are to show cars. The ones I've been to didn't have any restrictions as to age or newness. I show my Vette, because I love it and want others to see it. If you don't like it, walk on, if you do, I'm happy to talk about it.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:26 AM
HyperX
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

B E C A U S E

If you build it, they will come.

In other words, if shows accepts new cars to be judged, someone will put their car in there.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:29 AM
vettnut69
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OhNiner
A couple of weeks I pulled up next to a C3 in Woodstock, GA and it had a man driving it with a woman passenger. I looked over at him and waved as he was looking at me, he turned facing the woman and never waved back to me.

Why a C3 drivers like that?
We're not all like that!!

Last edited by vettnut69; 08-27-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:32 AM
C54TIM
Melting Slicks

Whats worse is; they some times win!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:32 AM
garytucker
Racer

Originally Posted by 427SIXPACK
1. You can hang out at shows without having your brand new car judged

2. Entering a show to have your car judged for a $25 "GOOD" parking space is just "RIDICULOUS"

3. I stated 100% stock = ( same as right off the showroom floor )
not with mods, & they are the same mods on every C-6 anyway you seen one you seen them all........... i'm not bashing the car ( C-6 ) just want to undertsand the concept of "JUDGING A NEW CAR"
I guess it is just as ridiculous as it is in some people's minds that people restore a car to "new" and never drive it...just park it in the garage and tow it on a trailer...

On that note...our GT1 vert got driven in the rain for about the 4th time last night! It hasn't melted yet!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:33 AM
darkmercury
Le Mans Master

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I agree with SixPack...
I love Vettes and was asked a number of times to enter my stock C5 into shows, but that just doesn't appeal to me. I took the 72 Nova out to a car show or two... but its from 1972.

I actually stopped going to Vette shows because 75% of the parking area was full of new stock cars. That would always lead me to drool over the 1972 and older cars.

Once I pull the trigger on possibly a C6, I'll come and hangout for fun... but not for show.

Be proud of what you have and show it off if it makes you feel good!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:36 AM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by socalman
On a 2nd note- as a C4 owner; I think car shows are a blast- and it wouldn't be the same if the Stock C6s weren't there; Its a beautiful thing to see a long *** row of Vettes together. Most shows are "peoples choice" and choosing the "BEST" STOCK C6 is always a challenge- but I DO look at how it's detailed, and how the wheel/car color combo looks, to place my vote.

The SHOWS are about charity, sharing ideas, meeting fellow enthusiasts (anyone who goes to a car show with their car believes their car is more than a means of transportation that looks cool).

.....and like another poster stated- without the C5s, C6s- there would be 20 cars at these shows. So I would like to thank all the C5, C6 owners for coming to any show- this way, everyone can see my beautiful C4
I removed the post so I didn't upset C4 drivers. I still love all Corvettes. I used the C4 as an example so that the OP would not think I was directly referring to his series of Corvette which could be considered a personal attack and would have gotten this thread locked.

My guess is the OP lost a show to a new Corvette and is just upset and decided to vent in the C6 section. I have no hard fellings towards the OP but I think the wording of his original post was rude, insensitve and just plain nasty.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:49 AM
vettnut69
Burning Brakes

I have judged and shown Corvettes for 40 years mostly N.C.C.C rules which always is about detailing and how clean your cars were... It gives ALL Corvette owners a chance to be competitive even if it is brand new. Corvettes classes are broken down by years so a new C6 would not compete with older cars anyways.. I have good friends that are NCRS people and their judging is one of the hardest point system around so I kinda understand where this guy is coming from.. Every Corvette owner should be proud and show their cars when giving a chance..
Old 08-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 871 Likes on 398 Posts

I undertand what the OP is asking. However, it is the organizors of the show who choose to include (or not include) late model cars of all types. Look at most of the Mustang, MoPar, British classes etc. Think what the particpation and attendance of many local shows would look like without late model cars. The money the shows bring in for charities or club funding would probably be cut in half.

Relax. Don't let this keep you up at night
Old 08-27-2009, 10:57 AM
WMark
Melting Slicks

Received 172 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

The majority of shows I've attended were broken down by generation and classifications within those generations. More than half of the cars I've seen, all generations, were stock. Restored, maybe, but still stock. So if the class is C6, and it isn't in the modified class or race class, etc. the cars will be stock.

I prefer Peoples Choice. Having judged and knowing the work required, I'm now to lazy! ("Is that dirt on that gas cap?!")

The charity donations and being with fellow enthusiasts are reason enough.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:59 AM
vray
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was wondering why the rant by the OP until I read his post in another thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...post1571275659
Old 08-27-2009, 11:00 AM
capicciuti
Instructor

I don't enter shows, but when I walk though I like to see as many different year/model/mods as I can. Each one (even the C6) brings great Corvette stories and times to mind. I recomend that those who not wish to see C-6s at shows, just avoid them.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vettnut69
I have judged and shown Corvettes for 40 years mostly N.C.C.C rules which always is about detailing and how clean your cars were... It gives ALL Corvette owners a chance to be competitive even if it is brand new. Corvettes classes are broken down by years so a new C6 would not compete with older cars anyways.. I have good friends that are NCRS people and their judging is one of the hardest point system around so I kinda understand where this guy is coming from.. Every Corvette owner should be proud and show their cars when giving a chance..
I do NCCC at Carlisle even though it's a PIA to keep on a schedule and douche your car every minute your there in the hot sun.

Regarding other car shows......some are NCCC style and some are simply judged by preference. A new C6 has an advantage over a C3 (I own both) regarding cleanliness but the C3 may take the prize in the preference type shows. Yeah..it sucks to see so many "dealer fresh" C6's at a NCCC type show, and it seems unfair, but unfortunately that's life. There's no reason to be sour about it. We should choose our shows wisely and use better judgement to enter a brand new C6.

Edit.....

Just to add. I also gravitate towards the earlier models at car shows. I know pretty much what a C6 looks like by now. I check out the chrome bumper cars to learn how to restore mine and check out the incredible time capsule cars.

Last edited by 70454; 08-27-2009 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Add
Old 08-27-2009, 11:41 AM
mongooseC6
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
I go to Corvette shows because I like hanging out with other Corvette owners. I enter the shows because it is typically a good parking spot where I can make sure that idiots don't smack their doors into my car. Many of us also spend a lot of money on mods including under hood bling and like to show it off. We also typically spend hours if not days detailing our cars so that they look a lot better then when they came off the dealers lot.

Clear enough?
Me too! (and) why does it bother the OP so much)?
Old 08-27-2009, 11:47 AM
JJC5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vray
I was wondering why the rant by the OP until I read his post in another thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...post1571275659
Yep....that explains it.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Land Jet
Why do people come into the C6 section to ask obvious and inflammatory questions?

It's just rude. If you want to stir a pot, head to your kitchen. At least that way nobody needs to smell it except you.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:49 AM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclain
IT'S CALLED DETAILING, DETAILING IT OUT BETTER THAN THE ONE SITTING NEXT TO ME. ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?

Get notified of new replies

To W h y ? ? ?

Old 08-27-2009, 11:51 AM
The NNIAL8R
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '11,'13
"I voluntarily took 60 days off from OT"

Dont forget many, if not most, of these shows benefit needy groups or organizations..at least in my area.....That should be more important than the ego of any Corvette owner
Old 08-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike02Z
I removed the post so I didn't upset C4 drivers. I still love all Corvettes. I used the C4 as an example so that the OP would not think I was directly referring to his series of Corvette which could be considered a personal attack and would have gotten this thread locked.

My guess is the OP lost a show to a new Corvette and is just upset and decided to vent in the C6 section. I have no hard fellings towards the OP but I think the wording of his original post was rude, insensitve and just plain nasty.
It is a bit odd and over the top a C4 guy would come on the C6 section and bash C6 owners. C4 is a great car but it makes you wonder if his issue is more out of jealousy then anything else.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Edgardo_roldan
Instructor

I go to show this

Quick Reply: W h y ? ? ?