C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key Fob / Seat Memory Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 02:06 PM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Received 486 Likes on 370 Posts

Default Key Fob / Seat Memory Issues

04 Base Coupe- Using the #1 Key Fob I unlock door, get in, insert key into ignition and the seat only moves up about an inch and then STOPS dead in in it's tracks yet if I push the #1 Memory button on the door the seat moves up to it's programmed position. At first I thought it might be the battery getting tired in the fob so I replaced it. Still doing what it's not programmed to do. I have had the car since Dec 2010 and it has only begun doing this with in the last couple of months.
Has anyone experienced this and if so what did you do to remedy the problem?

Thanks Guys !
Lou
Old 04-21-2014, 02:41 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Have you tried to RELEARN both of the FOBs? Do a relearn on both and see if that changes anything

Set all your SETABLE functions to your desired settings and press MEM1 & MEM2 for BOTH fobs with identical settings. Then see if both work the same.

If one still fails to work properly I will have to dig a little deeper to help figure it out. The above test will help eliminate some things.

Bill
Old 04-23-2014, 12:45 AM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
Have you tried to RELEARN both of the FOBs? Do a relearn on both and see if that changes anything

Set all your SETABLE functions to your desired settings and press MEM1 & MEM2 for BOTH fobs with identical settings. Then see if both work the same.

If one still fails to work properly I will have to dig a little deeper to help figure it out. The above test will help eliminate some things.

Bill
Bill, I did a "relearn" on both and it's still acting up. I also checked to see if I had any codes set but that was OK !
Old 04-23-2014, 06:54 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Lou

I have to ask. Have you set everything to where you want it and then pressed MEM1 and or MEM2 and held it until it sets the memory??

If that doesnt work, your memory module is most likely bad

Bill
Old 04-23-2014, 07:32 PM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
Lou

I have to ask. Have you set everything to where you want it and then pressed MEM1 and or MEM2 and held it until it sets the memory??

If that doesnt work, your memory module is most likely bad

Bill
I sure did Bill
Old 04-23-2014, 08:10 PM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Cold Solder Joints ? Hmmmm.....Could it be that simple?

http://www.vetteweb.com/tech/vemp_08...soldering.html
Old 04-25-2014, 12:20 AM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Hey Bill, Here’s what I got but I don’t know if it’s going to tell us anything as they are all H Codes: LDCM – B2282H- Battery #1 Fault,
B2284H- Battery #2 Fault.
RDCM – B2283H - Battery #1 Fault,
B2285H- Battery #2 Fault and B2287H- +5v Reference Fault.
There is no SCM codes at all.
I also had an IPC- B0516H- Speedometer Signal Circuit Malfunction. I wonder if I caused that code when I took apart the Gauge Cluster to replace the bulbs in the DIC? Anyway, like I said in my first post, I replaced the batteries in both Fobs. So I’m still stumped? I wonder if MAYBE there is a dead spot on the motor windings or maybe brushes need to be cleaned?
So I cleared all of the codes and I’ll keep an eye on it. If the seat travel acts up again I’ll check for any new codes.
Thanks for your help !
Old 05-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Got uid0
Le Mans Master

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Colder solder joints in the fob board itself

search the forum for pics and fix
Old 05-02-2014, 09:00 AM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Common issue on the early year FOB's. Here is a link about the fix for those:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...em-solved.html

Not that it couldn't happen, but if that problem is what is going on with the OP's 2004 FOB's, that would be the first time I have read about it occurring on the 2001 and newer.......
Me too. It's not going to be a problem with the fob. The problem has been mentioned several times in the past. The seats (mirrors, steering wheel also) don't always go to the position set, even with the buttons. Sometimes you have to hit the button twice to get to the right position. The fob only selects which memory it SHOULD go to, if it opens the door, the fobs job is done and the battery is ok in the fob and the programming of the fob to the car is ok. The original OP's problem won't be with the fob, it will be with either the memory control in the car, or if it's only the seat that's an issue it could be with that module. One thing to try that may or may not help is to run the seat all the way forward and then hold the button for a few more seconds, then run the seat all the way to the rear and hold it for a few seconds. Then reset the memory position with the door button you want after unlocking the door with the fob you want it to match. After that it should go to the correct position with that fob. But many C5 owner's here can testify that it doesn't ALWAYS go to the correct position unless you press the memory button again. It should, but it doesn't.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:26 AM
SBNova
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"options not available" is the sure sign that neither FOB you have are programmed as #1 or #2. I went through the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago with mine. Do the long relearn process, which takes 30 minutes if done correctly. I did mine on the first attempt but I hear others havent been so lucky.

This video is what worked for me. Watch it entirely first, then try it out.

Last edited by SBNova; 05-11-2020 at 07:28 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Key Fob / Seat Memory Issues

Quick Reply: Key Fob / Seat Memory Issues