C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New AC compressor - need a new bolt?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 05:19 PM
The Wrench
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Default New AC compressor - need a new bolt?

In researching compressor replacement, I came across some notes pertaining to 2000 and older Vettes.
The note said to replace one of the compressor mounting bolts with bolt #11518775.

I assume a small change was made in the compressor in the '01 timeframe, and a shorter or longer bolt is now required in one of the 4 mounting holes?

Is this true, anybody know about this?

Tks,
DG
Old 07-28-2014, 09:46 AM
Porxter
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default I would also like to know!

Originally Posted by The Wrench
In researching compressor replacement, I came across some notes pertaining to 2000 and older Vettes.
The note said to replace one of the compressor mounting bolts with bolt #11518775.

I assume a small change was made in the compressor in the '01 timeframe, and a shorter or longer bolt is now required in one of the 4 mounting holes?

Is this true, anybody know about this?

Tks,
DG
I want to bring this to the top to see if anyone knows the answer. I need a new A/C compressor for my '99, and I ran across the same info, it said:

WHEN ORDERING 1137031 FOR VEHICLE 2001 & PRIOR, WILL NEED TO ORDER BOLT 11518775.
It must be a longer bolt than the stock '97 - '01 A/C compressor bolts. And I assume this means just one bolt, but is it one or two or all four??

Thanks,
Steve
Old 07-29-2014, 06:36 PM
michaeljohnson
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i put a new delphi compressor on my 98 and i reused all the bolts and stud worked fine.the compressor write up on here doesn't call for replacing any bolts either his is a 2000

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...-write-up.html

Originally Posted by Porxter
I want to bring this to the top to see if anyone knows the answer. I need a new A/C compressor for my '99, and I ran across the same info, it said:

It must be a longer bolt than the stock '97 - '01 A/C compressor bolts. And I assume this means just one bolt, but is it one or two or all four??

Thanks,
Steve

Get notified of new replies

To New AC compressor - need a new bolt?

Quick Reply: New AC compressor - need a new bolt?