Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Cajundude
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In 7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Default ***The new EnglandGreen Facility! EG GTM SUPERCAR! SPECIALS! GIVEAWAYS!***

EDIT: FRIDAY, OCT. 16, 2009 is the last day for the specials below.

First and foremost, we would like to thank all of our clients for allowing us to expand and provide you with a better experience with EnglandGreen. We apologize for this lengthy post; we wanted to say much more, but made it as short as possible, so feel free to call us with any additional questions! We will run some specials for a limited time and they can be found below.

EnglandGreen Corp. is proud to announce that we have moved our location to a bigger and better facility so that we are able to service your performance needs in a more efficient and professional manner. We have also taken advice from our customer base and have centrally located ourselves in the city and are now located next to the Texas Medical Center, which is 3 miles South of downtown Houston!

EnglandGreen Corp.
3135 Fall Street
Houston, Texas 77054
281-464-2800
sales@englandgreen.com

We are not the most expensive in the country and we are not the cheapest. Even though the cost of this move and expansion has been astronomical, our normal pricing will stay in place and not increase. We are honest people who like to do things right the first time and treat all of customers like friends. We always tell potential clients to come in and talk with us before making any commitment. We can guide you in the direction you ultimately want to go with your car and save you money by keeping you from spending it on items you may not need in the future. We encourage our potential clients to talk with other tuners as well and go with who they feel comfortable with. If you don’t like us, no problem. If we don’t like you, no problem.

We have been building out our new facility since February and it has been quite trying financially, emotionally, and physically. Since we do not have rich parents nor have we received the help of private investors, we have done this on our own. For the last 4 months, we have been working 7 days a week at a minimum of 15 hour days all the way up to the longest and not unusual which was 23 hours.

So it is with great pleasure to say that we are close to having the building completed, and other than a few cosmetic items and wall decorations which you can see in the pictures here, we are now fully operational! A big thanks goes out to our current customers who have had saintly patience during this transition. This building is our next stepping stone in our ongoing expansion process! There are many things already underway that you will be seeing in the future from EnglandGreen Corp. and they will be formally announced at a later date.

Our facility is a standalone 6000 sq. ft. building. The parking lot was in poor condition, which we all know is not good for Vettes, so we put in a new parking lot and added a stout fence with 2 12’ rollback gates just to name a couple from a very long list of upgrades. As always, we never leave cars outside overnight but put the fence up for that extra bit of security.

We made the right side of the building the shop area. The right half used to be offices which we completely gutted, re-wired and made into the working area. We have added 5 lifts to this area ranging from short term to long term designations.

On the left side of the building we have built out 1000 sq. ft. for our office, customer waiting room, customer bathroom, and storage room. Our customer waiting area has been decorated with solid cherry crown molding and was designed to make our clients feel comfortable, well, like they are home. There is a 50 inch plasma screen on the wall with full surround sound and an AppleTV. If you have any iPhone, you will be able to control the music that is played in the waiting room. Our music library contains over 18,000 songs so I’m sure there will be something you’ll like along with a wide choice of movies. We are a WiFi hot spot and an internet kiosk is available for our clients. There is also another 42 inch LCD on the wall in the waiting room for something special!

What’s the extra 42 inch LCD for you ask? Well, it is all about dynoing, dynoing, dynoing! We are proud to announce our purchase of a state-of-the-art 2009 model in-ground chassis DYNOmite Dynamometer (with full load control) from Land & Sea.
Of all the dynamometer manufacturers we narrowed our search to two - Land & Sea and Dynojet. (The main reason Dynojet was considered was because of its popularity.) However, we opted for the more expensive DYNOmite Dynamometer - due to functionality and tuning capabilities. After all, this is a tool for us.

The DYNOmite was highly recommended by one of the top tuners in our industry. More importantly, their customer service is stellar in comparison to other manufacturers’. This system’s DYNO-MAX software interface is light years ahead of the competition, and its control of the eddy-current absorber functions is nothing short of amazing.

We believe that we are the only one in the area with a professional load control dyno. Most tuners skip this important option since it is quite costly. They also don’t display a 42-inch LCD unit in their waiting rooms - with live results from the dyno. Unlike the Dynojet shops, we show real-time power levels throughout the run. In fact, we have our own 42-inch LCD in the dyno area for our operators.

In the past, we have strongly pushed our (now famous) Street Tunes. Some tuners will not spend the required time on the street with cam cars. We cannot count the number of cars that have come here for a Street Tune - from all over the country. We do want to make it clear that we will continue offering Street Tunes as needed - even though our new dyno has full road-load simulation. Let’s face it folks, we know you do not drive your car on a dyno; you drive it on the street. Simple inertia-only dynos, which is what most tuners have, does not simulate real-world driving. Bottom line, you cannot tune a camed car properly by simply bringing it to wide open throttle on an inertia dyno.

A few of our DYNOmite Dynamometer’s highlights:

- Samples at 1,000 Hertz.

- Air/fuel ratio analyzer: It has a vacuum pump which we use to pull a constant exhaust sample flow with. This allows for very responsive and accurate air to fuel ratio readings.

- Eddy-current absorber: We are able to specify the parameters of the run and to do sweep, steady state, step, or road-load simulation testing. If we have a 1000+ horsepower car on the dyno and command the dyno to hold the car at 2500 rpm, we can floor the car and it holds it to our specifications. We tried it on mine. This allows for more accurate horsepower and torque readings, a real air/fuel ratio, and smoother graphs - since we control the rate of acceleration.

- 28 channels: We can monitor anything with a 0-5v output, plus, any type of liquid or gases pressure we need.

I know, I know, get on to the specials already! These specials will run to Friday, October 16th, 2009 at 5:00 p.m.

Special #1 – Stock car dyno tuning. The first 25 cars to sign up will receive a full dyno tune for $199.00. Cars with headers and cold air intake fall into the stock category.

Special #2 - $500.00 off of our custom EnglandGreen Cam kit installs. This brings the cost down to $2495.00 installed and tuned. Before and after dyno pulls will be done as well as our famous Street Tuning. As always, we price things as a complete package with any of our projects so there are not gotchas in there, or “oh by the way, you really need this.” You may take a look at this thread to see what is included.

Special #3 – Header installation. Our normal price on header installation is $2295.00 installed. Add $100 for C6 Z06. During this special we will offer you before and after pulls on the dyno as well as a free full dyno tune with the installation. You have your choice of headers from American Racing, Kooks, or LG Motorsports. All three systems are top notch and we support them all. This price does include high flow cats.

Special #4 – Buy a catback of your choice and the installation is free!

We have been getting tons of requests for work on the new 2010 Camaros. We have had several in here and we have been helping VaraRam with research and development for their new ram air intake that will be available soon. It is our pleasure to announce that the 2010+ Camaros will be in our lineup for all of our performance modifications.

Did we say GTM Supercar in the title? Yes! You were not seeing things. This is another new exciting part of our expansion process which now includes building the famous GTM Supercars in our own unique EnglandGreen style! Essentially a GTM is a re-skinned, mid-engine Corvette that is fast as a Ferrari Enzo with no performance modifications. But of course, we will modify it EnglandGreen style. We have several orders pending and one confirmed with the GTM already in our facility. It has been quite difficult to keep it under wraps and we went as far as covering it down and putting Corvette wheels in the wheel wells to disguise it. A couple of customers did do a double take and said, “wait a minute” but we have managed to keep it under cover for a few months now. We will be starting on this build in the next few weeks. We are very excited about it and so is our client who owns it. This one will of course have our Whiplash II cam installed. It will be a monster! At 400+ rwhp in a vehicle that weighs only 2300 lbs. wet, it will be a rocket ship.

We plan on having an open house and customer appreciation party at our new facility. This party will be on December 5, 2009 with a rain date of December 6, 2009. We will start a separate thread in November sometime to get an RSVP list going.

Now, to see who has actually read through this post, we will do a big giveaway for you. If you were on the fence for a cam, here is a little incentive for you. Between now and the end of our specials, if you post “Heck yea, I want an EnglandGreen Cam Package” we will draw a name from a hat and give away free installation and tuning for one of our custom cam kits. So, for $1595.00 you will get one of our cam packages, installed and tuned! If you take advantage of our special during this giveaway, you will have no labor costs or if we have already completed your work, you will receive a refund for the difference.

Again, a big thanks goes out to all of you and we’ll see you soon for a dose of Necessary Evil™!

Jason & Stephen

Last edited by Cajundude; 10-15-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:04 PM
rcknusa
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Heck yea I want an EnglandGreen Cam package"

Congratulations on the new location and shop. Next time I am in Houston visiting my brother I will stop by with or without my car.

My brother lives in Houston and has a WRX do you do dyno or anything else to those cars or just the corvettes and camaros?

Again, congratulations and good luck.
Allen
Old 09-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Slow Z06
Le Mans Master

“Heck yea, I want an EnglandGreen Cam Package”

Old 09-16-2009, 07:29 PM
mikeb64
Instructor

Default Add me to the list

"Heck Yea I want an EnglandGreen Cam Package"

Place looks good, I will come by for a visit to see the new place.

Mike

H Town
Old 09-16-2009, 07:33 PM
mjmc1273
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 09-16-2009, 07:35 PM
infinity4life
Racer

Hopefully you guys arn't getting in over your heads with the GTM - it's going to take A LOT of work to do it, especially since you've never done one before.

Best of luck
Old 09-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Whipped 04 Coupe
Intermediate

The new place looks great. Keep up the great work you do!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:51 PM
MACKASH
Racer

"HECK YEA, I WANT AN ENGLANDGREEN CAM PACKAGE"

Shop looks awesome!

Old 09-16-2009, 08:14 PM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

Congrats on the new digs....very cool shop!!
Old 09-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Cajundude
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rcknusa

Congratulations on the new location and shop. Next time I am in Houston visiting my brother I will stop by with or without my car.

My brother lives in Houston and has a WRX do you do dyno or anything else to those cars or just the corvettes and camaros?

Again, congratulations and good luck.
Allen
Would would not mind putting it on the dyno. We would not tune it though. And yes, please drop by anytime!
Old 09-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Cajundude
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by infinity4life
Hopefully you guys arn't getting in over your heads with the GTM - it's going to take A LOT of work to do it, especially since you've never done one before.

Best of luck
We are expecting it. No, it is not a money maker when it comes to time. However, it is the stuff we enjoy doing and the reason we got into this business.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:37 PM
ZO6 Lee
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

[QUOTE=IMXCITD;1571520061

Congrats on the new digs....very cool shop!! [/QUOTE]

I'm a bit too far to visit ... but maybe some day.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Grim Reaper
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19

Very nice facility, congrats to you and Jason on the new shop. (IB4PeterPAn the post *****. )
Old 09-16-2009, 08:52 PM
bhoch
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Cool. Nice new digs.. Congrats on the move!
Old 09-16-2009, 08:57 PM
illmac77
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran
CI 8 Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07

WoW!!! this is Awesome Stephen and Jason, congrats on everything!!! you guys have def. been busy and it looks great, well worth the time im sure... I think ill have to get the wife to cruise down there in NOV for the open house. Not sure which vette will take now that she has her own Vert though
Old 09-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Heck yea, I want an EnglandGreen Cam Package
Old 09-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 890 Likes on 588 Posts

Congrats, Stephen! Awesome news!

Get notified of new replies

To ***The new EnglandGreen Facility! EG GTM SUPERCAR! SPECIALS! GIVEAWAYS!***

Old 09-16-2009, 10:20 PM
C5R USA
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Ideals are peaceful...History is violent...St.Charles, MO.
Received 441 Likes on 228 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Stephen and Jason for "Corvette tuners of the year"!!! Too bad there isn't an award for this cause you got my vote.With all the huge hurdles and time invested into your new residence of business,you more than deserve it.

Hopefully,I'll have something in the near future for you guys to do to my 'Vette. Again,Best Wishes. Your place is coming along nicely.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:26 PM
CAN
Intermediate

Old 09-16-2009, 11:58 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

That is one of the best looking top notch shops i have seen

Good luck to you Stephen and Jason and keep up the great work.

Dennis

Quick Reply: ***The new EnglandGreen Facility! EG GTM SUPERCAR! SPECIALS! GIVEAWAYS!***