C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

meth tank location

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 03:57 PM
will2045
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default meth tank location

installing meth and i want to go to a big tank, suggestions on where to mount it? or anyone know how big the windshield washer fluid tank is?
Old 07-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

i saw one that was installed in the rear compartment with the lines ran under the car to the front. If that helps....
Old 07-26-2012, 04:28 PM
will2045
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sinister-one
i saw one that was installed in the rear compartment with the lines ran under the car to the front. If that helps....
thanks i was thinking about that, if i did that id put like a 5 gallon tank back there lol too bad no one makes a tank to fit that
Old 07-26-2012, 04:33 PM
lingenfelter200
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...-location.html

http://www.google.ae/imgres?um=1&hl=...:15,s:60,i:318
Old 07-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

As for all you guys that use your windshield washer tanks for meth..... What do you use to clean your windshields with ?????
Old 07-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Mike04
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

As for all you guys that use your windshield washer tanks for meth..... What do you use to clean your windshields with ?????
I just use the meth...Not recommended for smokers
Old 07-27-2012, 08:21 AM
Blitzkrieg
AKA "The CLOWN"
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I've never used my wipers! Not even sure if they work!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:44 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg
I've never used my wipers! Not even sure if they work!
But I do if it is raining.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:47 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

My meth tank is in the trunk.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Sinister-one
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MVP'S ZO6
My meth tank is in the trunk.
That's where I'm considering placing mine as well......
Old 07-27-2012, 03:55 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

I put up a post here before about this...I am quite honestly surprised that no vendor has come up with a larger/deeper half and half tank that would bolt into the stock location. I believe we have extra room below our windshield washer tanks and even a little in front of it closest to the clutch and brake booster reservoirs. Just a thought. For me who has been seriously looking at charging I would want meth but at the same time would want to keep windshield washer fluid....and keep them separate too.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:03 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by XtremeVette
I put up a post here before about this...I am quite honestly surprised that no vendor has come up with a larger/deeper half and half tank that would bolt into the stock location. I believe we have extra room below our windshield washer tanks and even a little in front of it closest to the clutch and brake booster reservoirs. Just a thought. For me who has been seriously looking at charging I would want meth but at the same time would want to keep windshield washer fluid....and keep them separate too.
It's so easy to adapt any tank or resivor you want in just about any desired location. It's easy to just buy a tank from another manufacturer or make your own if your so equipped.

AEM makes a 1 or a 5 gallon resivore if you do choose.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/5-gall...ection-kit-694

http://www.aemelectronics.com/water-...allon-tank-695
Old 07-27-2012, 04:05 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by XtremeVette
That's where I'm considering placing mine as well......

Old 07-28-2012, 09:08 PM
PhysicsDude55
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I believe windshield reservoir is 1.5 gallons.

Some types of windshield fluid which are designed for very cold climate (like -40 degree) actually has meth in it, like 30-40% I believe, and can be used as long as you're careful with what you get. Search the forums or google and you'll find some recommendations.

I'm planning on mounting (2) 1 gallon AEM reservoirs on a cabin divider on my vert. Building a divider between the passenger cabin (behind where the top stores) and the trunk. I measured it out and I can fit my 5 channel amp there, with the 1 gallon tanks on either side. The 1 gallon tanks are like 3" inches shorter than the height of the vette trunk. There are 3/4 gallon tanks which are shorter.

Here's a crude diagram of what I'm planning. Hope you can decipher it

Old 07-30-2012, 08:14 AM
Julio
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

If its inside the car, you should run a fuel cell.

The first reason is the cap. You should use a T-handle style so it can positively seal the tank from any fumes.

The second reason is the vent. A vent line should be run outside the vehicle. That way you dont get meth fumes inside the car. Its really not a good high to get.

http://www.jazproducts.com/drag_fuel_cells.html

There is a reason stuff like this is made this way. Its to protect you.

I dont see whats all the snuff about the factory tank. Its large enough to satisfy unless you have a twin turbo setup that it has to be deleted.

Easy fix is just get a small plastic tank and run a hose from it to the OEM washer motor. Problem solved. To make a dual tank out of the OEM one would kill capacity=fail. You can even make a fill and remote tank for the washer. The sky is the limit as there is space in that area.

If I had a choice of keeping 1.5 gallons of alcohol in front of the firewall or in my back seat.. that option is real easy. Keep it under the hood.

Wonder why nobody has suggested putting the washer tank inside the cockpit
Old 07-30-2012, 01:01 PM
2bridges
Racer

Food for thought

If you are worried about wiper fluid you are obviously primarily a street car.
As a street car you will use a lot less meth than you think. On the street there are limited safe opportunities to get much boost for any substantial duration.

I am single nozzle meth triggered at 4lbs. In the last 6500 Miles I have used 5 gallons Methanol. That with 10+ 1/4 mile runs, 13 standing mile runs, 13+ Dyno runs, bunch of street fun.

I am using wiper tank - capacity is aproximately 1+ gallon as I recall.
**BONUS** low wiper fluid notification indicates if low on Meth.

Don't need no stinking wiper fluid........ only b1tches need wiper fluid

Last edited by 2bridges; 07-30-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:05 PM
2bridges
Racer

Originally Posted by Julio
If its inside the car, you should run a fuel cell.

The first reason is the cap. You should use a T-handle style so it can positively seal the tank from any fumes.

The second reason is the vent. A vent line should be run outside the vehicle. That way you dont get meth fumes inside the car. Its really not a good high to get.

http://www.jazproducts.com/drag_fuel_cells.html

There is a reason stuff like this is made this way. Its to protect you.

I dont see whats all the snuff about the factory tank. Its large enough to satisfy unless you have a twin turbo setup that it has to be deleted.

Easy fix is just get a small plastic tank and run a hose from it to the OEM washer motor. Problem solved. To make a dual tank out of the OEM one would kill capacity=fail. You can even make a fill and remote tank for the washer. The sky is the limit as there is space in that area.

If I had a choice of keeping 1.5 gallons of alcohol in front of the firewall or in my back seat.. that option is real easy. Keep it under the hood.

Wonder why nobody has suggested putting the washer tank inside the cockpit
TOTALLY AGREE - NO FREAKIN WAY ALKY IS IN MY CAR UNLESS IT IS BEHIND A FIREWALL!

If you ever see/experience an alcohol fire (Sprint cars,etc) - that is the last fuel you want inside the car.

Get notified of new replies

To meth tank location

Old 07-30-2012, 01:43 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

could we use a c6 washer tank and is it even any bigger?
Old 07-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Julio
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by a/c man
could we use a c6 washer tank and is it even any bigger?
I think the C6 tank will interfere with the OEM one. Not that the neck couldnt be modified.. or?? But.. Would be a lot of work to simply keep washer functions.

Now if you ran a set of top mount twin turbo's.. that would be a neat tank and ditch the original one.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:48 PM
a/c man
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Julio
I think the C6 tank will interfere with the OEM one. Not that the neck couldnt be modified.. or?? But.. Would be a lot of work to simply keep washer functions.

Now if you ran a set of top mount twin turbo's.. that would be a neat tank and ditch the original one.
I would not need to wash the windshield just looking for a bigger tank than my c5 tank hoping someone has used a c6 in a c5

Quick Reply: meth tank location