C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What SC do I go with???

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Julian@Cartek
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gohard777
I just wanted to say thanks for all the info and even the video.. Great stuff! I've done search and have been reading as much as possible, never wanted to go this route before but I believe that I'm now going to do it. Thanks again ........bob..
Gohard, or don't go at all!!
Whichever route you take...enjoy it to the fullest
Old 01-21-2011, 03:56 AM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

What SC do I go with???
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-f...c5-and-c6.html

Old 01-21-2011, 01:56 PM
SleepieAce
Le Mans Master

Location: Kentucky basketball is life the rest is just details
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will also vouch for ECS's work. I've had no problems at all in the last four years with anything that they worked on.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:30 PM
JTsangNJ
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You won't regret giving Cartek a call, one of the best engineered systems the market has to offer
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-f...ks-cartek.html
Old 01-24-2011, 12:12 AM
Gohard777
Burning Brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave concrete
What complications?? Never a issue in the 3 years owning a supercharger. Any issues you read about a hardcore guys in the 850+ hp levels and even thats rare. Supercharger no matter what brand or style is a better value then any cam swap, plus the op might not get the results he is looking for with a mild cam swap. He can spend 6,000 grand and get 550rwhp and never even notice its there until the pedal is mashed. What will it take to do that N/A??

Originally Posted by TheBigDog
Just pure luck
Great answer!!
Old 01-24-2011, 04:37 AM
winters97gt
Le Mans Master

Received 77 Likes on 65 Posts

A&A kit
Old 01-24-2011, 10:50 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

Great answer!!

I'll take consistent good luck then, it's certainly not like we have one or two cars out there, whatever keeps the car running well and our customers happy. If you wish to call it luck then I'll go with that.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Dave concrete
Race Director

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Quote:
What complications?? Never a issue in the 3 years owning a supercharger. Any issues you read about a hardcore guys in the 850+ hp levels and even thats rare. Supercharger no matter what brand or style is a better value then any cam swap, plus the op might not get the results he is looking for with a mild cam swap. He can spend 6,000 grand and get 550rwhp and never even notice its there until the pedal is mashed. What will it take to do that N/A??

Great answer!!
Sorry I read forum comments every day, and don't read too much on supercharger issues. Read guys questions alot. Anyone who seems to have one installed and tuned by a professional, seems to have no real issues. I hope no one is inplying that a cam/head mod comes with zero issues.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:27 PM
Gohard777
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
I'll take consistent good luck then, it's certainly not like we have one or two cars out there, whatever keeps the car running well and our customers happy. If you wish to call it luck then I'll go with that.
TheBigDog wrote 'Pure Luck'

Doug@ECS, I believe that TheBigDog meant it would take pure luck for a NA car to run like the SC cars will. Thats how I took it. I certainly didn't mean to imply that the SC cars needed any luck at all, that is the reason that I'm going to one. Thanks again for all the info, I'm waiting on Dr. Phil now....haha.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:03 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,090 Likes on 658 Posts

TheBigDog wrote 'Pure Luck'

Doug@ECS, I believe that TheBigDog meant it would take pure luck for a NA car to run like the SC cars will. Thats how I took it. I certainly didn't mean to imply that the SC cars needed any luck at all, that is the reason that I'm going to one. Thanks again for all the info, I'm waiting on Dr. Phil now....haha.

Phil is worth the wait.

Quick Reply: What SC do I go with???