C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Battery Reclocation

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 06:04 PM
jslt1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Reclocation

Whats up everybody? I was just wondering I do a little bit of street racing and was thinking about relocating my battery to the rear of the car, kinda in between were the factory speakers used to be, before I gutted all that. I know it will help a little for weight transfer, but, the cable is very heavy that comes with the kit,,in turn it will be added weight to the car? What do you guys think? Is it just a waste of time?
Old 03-21-2008, 10:01 PM
jrzvette
Safety Car

Location: The reason time exists is so everything doesn't happen at once
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

C3s had the battery located in a well behind the driver's seat, and my wife's Lincoln LS has it in the trunk. I don't think the added weight of the longer cable is a factor. Locating the battery in the rear of the car is an old racer's trick that has been used for years.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:42 PM
All2kool
Drifting

Originally Posted by jrzvette
C3s had the battery located in a well behind the driver's seat, and my wife's Lincoln LS has it in the trunk. I don't think the added weight of the longer cable is a factor. Locating the battery in the rear of the car is an old racer's trick that has been used for years.
'92 BMW 525i, battery is under the passenger side rear seat, which is a PITA to get to as the damn seat literally must be pulled out with a winch. The engineers in Germany did put a Positive Terminal under the hood for jumping though.

All Corvairs had the Battery in the rear also, but then again, so was the Air Cooled Engine.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:13 PM
jslt1
Instructor

Originally Posted by jrzvette
Thanks that music to my ears
Old 03-22-2008, 12:57 AM
RandyJ75
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Some of the ZR1 guys move the battery to the compartment behind the pass seat, helps w/ weight distribution, fits pretty easy, just make sure you have a sealed battery.

Take a look at this.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1725171

Last edited by RandyJ75; 03-22-2008 at 01:00 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Battery Reclocation

Quick Reply: Battery Reclocation