what should i do? got lied to by a c/f member

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 11:32 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Sounds like it's a fellow with the handle of "warpmine". On CF since '99 with 131 posts; not many for that length of time.

Might ask mods if it's all been for sale of items on CF.

Let's note that OP is from Canada, and seller is from US, quite a bit away from border.

Looks like the last time he was on CF may've been in the sale, 6/25 or so. That's almost a month ago.

OP, in case you don't recall this one, CentralCoaster got satisfaction out of a deadbeat seller of goods. You might like to ask him for that thread since it's more than 6 mos. old. I'm sure he'd be willing to share his methodology with you.

The alternative is for some of us to start peppering "warpmine" with emails to "do the right thing."

However, to bolster your case, you need to take pics of the shocks as they are now, and post them in your thread for all to see. You would've been well served if you'd done that upon first opening the box, but now is still good.

I do have to agree with Larry, (rocco) tho; you did not practice sufficient due diligence on your part and he walked in and took advantage of you.

Good luck.

PS in the event he really does live in the Balt. area, there are Balt. area Corv. Clubs that may know him, or of him. Again, don't forget to tell us if the return address was from that general area. It will help the issue, I'm certain!@!!!!

Last edited by AORoads; 07-18-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:55 AM
toptechx6
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I've been very lucky even on e-bay but confess like brawler I tend to be a little too trusting of forum members.
Another member who is very sharp concerning things financial (tobijohn) has mentioned online escrow companies who will hold funds until the purchase is delivered. Of course both buyer and seller must agree and there is a fee for the service.
Always seems unnecessary until something like this occurs but certainly worth thinking about for expensive purchases.
I'm sure this seller would not have agreed since he knows the description was fraudulent, but that in itself is a tip off.
Less secure but better than nothing is to make such purchases using Paypal, but only when funded with a credit card, not direct bank transfer. You can at least dispute the charge with your credit card company, I wouldn't rely on Paypal to help on anything.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:11 PM
jrzvette
Safety Car

Location: The reason time exists is so everything doesn't happen at once
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LT4CompYell
Sounds like it's a fellow with the handle of "warpmine". On CF since '99 with 131 posts; not many for that length of time.

Looks like the last time he was on CF may've been in the sale, 6/25 or so. That's almost a month ago.

He posted about 10 days ago, see #12

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1750753

So he's still around.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:18 PM
redwing76
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't trust anyone, I've never been disapointed.
When it comes to money, you can't trust your best friend or your lovely bride sitting across the divorce table.

"If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is".

Rust on the East coast? Hell, the trees are rusty.

So far we have only heard one side of the story, but the get the rope remarks are flying like a new sail.

One should take into account that the seller is looking to make money, and the buyer is looking to save money.
Saving money and making money is too different things.
You don't have to lie to save money.

Getting cheated is just another bump in the road, in this case it was a small bump.

Last edited by redwing76; 07-18-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Bulldog Steve
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just sent this person a p/m to do the right thing!
Steve
Old 07-18-2007, 03:24 PM
rwolak
Advanced

Originally Posted by etown brawler
i just bought a carrera coilover kit from another forum member .he had them advertised as 4k miles on them and kept in a garage ever since removed .i asked him a few times about condition he said very good "only 4k miles" so i bought them .i just got them a few days ago and i was so disappointed when i opened the box the chrome coil springs are so rusted and half the chrome is peeled off.the heim joints are rusted solid ,broke one free with lube but its so worn out from getting eaten by rust .it has a lot of side to side movement ,they all need to be replaced(these are not cheap).on one shock piston it has rust on it ,it might cause a leak .these where left out side for a long time and where rained /snowed on .everything metal is rusted bad .i priced out all the parts to fix them its going to cost about $450 ,heim joints and t-mount kit and new shaft $220 plus 4 springs $230 .i have emailed him 3 times with no response,before when he was selling them before he got payment he would answer my emails within hours .what should i do I'm being very patient .i would like him to at least give me a partial refund ,to help fix them to the condition he said they where in .he even sent me one off those 20 footer pics of the coilovers before i bought them .where you cant even see the rust they looked ok ,i wondered why he was so far away, now i know.so what do you guys think i should do i have gave him 3 days to answer me and nothing yet .i paid $650 incl s/h for coil over that needed repairs plus i need another $450 for parts ,that's $1100 . i could of got a exotic muscle set w/shocks for a $1000 b/n .i would of never bought these if i knew the real condition . im sure no one here would of bought them to,they should of been sold as needing repairs to use them .worth maybe half of what i paid if that.please i dont know what to do i gave him time to answer and i know he is avoiding me now. thanks in advance
If they are as bad as you say, post his name on this forum. Don't play games with these types of people. If he screwed you, i'm sure there are others out there that were also screwed by him.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:47 PM
redvette6spd
Safety Car

Damn sure sucks I got tangled up in the bossmustang scam but some how managed to get my shocks. My self and members from the forum and police apply some pressure and I lucked out most others went so lucky.
I have saved thousands of dollars on new and used parts here maybe he will come around with a little pleasure.
I also remember this sale because I have considered coil overs for my car but the deal was made quickly. If you would like pm me his email or phone number I can drop him a line and I will keep it with in the law.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:49 PM
86PACER
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by redvette6spd
Damn sure sucks I got tangled up in the bossmustang scam but some how managed to get my shocks.
Yes, that's that punk that ended up getting a visit from his local sheriff, and a mugshot was posted on the thread. Guy was going around other forums pulling the same stunt. Classic.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:59 PM
86VX1
Drifting

Old 07-18-2007, 05:03 PM
85 500 horse
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't wait any longer for him to respond. Contact PayPal immediately and file a report. If they refuse to cooperate, contact your credit card company. He definitely misrepresented the sale and should be held accountable. You got screwed by him. Don't let this go. Do what you need to do to recoup your money. When I am wronged, I do everything in my power to reverse the issue and then do what I can to "get even." I'm not talking about anything illegal. I'm talking about complaints to the right people, suing, etc. I like to make life difficult to people who made my life difficult. Sorry, but that's just me.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:27 PM
DisasterDave
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, give us his name and let us all know what a liar he is. People like that don't deserve any type of courtesy from you by letting them remain anonymous. I can't stand people like that, and they are allowed to go on doing it if good people don't step up and reveal them for who they are.
DD
Old 07-18-2007, 06:49 PM
etown brawler
Racer

hi,well i guess this thread woke him up from his 3 day long sleep ,he offered to send me a refund of $200 .he wants me to send him my address so he can a cheque.he said they where in the garage for ten years that's where the rust may of came from .i have been ripped off 4 times in the last 2 weeks. bought a afr rev kit that was missing half the parts ,guy is avoiding me .bought a walbro 255lph pump turns out its a tbi 12psi pump.got a install kit for a dana 44 gear kit from jt's differential .missing the pinion bolt ,3 ring gear bolts crush sleeve ,carrier shims ,and gear marking compound,and it was not the kit i wanted .i ordered the yukon kit ,the best on the market you get everything .they send me a motive gear one.i call the guy he basically told me ,to bad we cant do nothing that's all you get .i told him i ordered a yukon one he said its $153 how would you like to pay for it, wtf i lost it on him .so beware don't buy from jt's diff in wanactchee wa.they do nothing to try to resolve a problem.he even wanted me to send the kit in i would pay shipping he charges me 15% restocking fee and he sends me the yukon set that i pay shipping again on .im having a bad friggin month ,and i sure as hell never thought for 1 second a c/f member would do this to me .
Old 07-18-2007, 06:51 PM
86PACER
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by DisasterDave
Dude, give us his name and let us all know what a liar he is. People like that don't deserve any type of courtesy from you by letting them remain anonymous. I can't stand people like that, and they are allowed to go on doing it if good people don't step up and reveal them for who they are.
DD
See post# 13. A link to the original thread was given.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:11 PM
86VX1
Drifting

hi,well i guess this thread woke him up from his 3 day long sleep ,he offered to send me a refund of $200 .he wants me to send him my address so he can a cheque.he said they where in the garage for ten years that's where the rust may of came from .i have been ripped off 4 times in the last 2 weeks. bought a afr rev kit that was missing half the parts ,guy is avoiding me .bought a walbro 255lph pump turns out its a tbi 12psi pump.got a install kit for a dana 44 gear kit from jt's differential .missing the pinion bolt ,3 ring gear bolts crush sleeve ,carrier shims ,and gear marking compound,and it was not the kit i wanted .i ordered the yukon kit ,the best on the market you get everything .they send me a motive gear one.i call the guy he basically told me ,to bad we cant do nothing that's all you get .i told him i ordered a yukon one he said its $153 how would you like to pay for it, wtf i lost it on him .so beware don't buy from jt's diff in wanactchee wa.they do nothing to try to resolve a problem.he even wanted me to send the kit in i would pay shipping he charges me 15% restocking fee and he sends me the yukon set that i pay shipping again on .im having a bad friggin month ,and i sure as hell never thought for 1 second a c/f member would do this to me .
i hate reading things like this, i makes me lose faith in the whole internet selling thing. i really feel bad for you etown.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:35 PM
etown brawler
Racer

ya in his email he said "i didn't know they where going on a show car" my car is not a show car but i can tell you if i open the hood i dont want to see a set of rusted springs when everything else is clean.the way he took the pics of them they looked good .i dont know how but they did ,it was one of those 20 footer pics with just the right light ,they looked good.if anyone wants me to send them a pic of the coilovers to post on here to see if any of you would of bolted these things on the condition they are in .it would be very dangerous with the heim joints being so worn out the eye is ready to come out with a little bit of pressure .but he did send a email saying the springs are workable i got no clue what that means rust is rust .to strip them and re chrome them will cost me more then a new set. so he wants to send me a refund of $200 that does not even cover the parts i ordered to get them to specs.thats not including the springs,oh well i trust people to much ,especially a c/f member that has been on here for 7 years .
Old 07-18-2007, 08:12 PM
86PACER
Le Mans Master

You should just post the pictures directly on the thread here so we all can see what you're talking about. Post both the photos he took and photos you took.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:30 PM
etown brawler
Racer

Originally Posted by 86PACER
You should just post the pictures directly on the thread here so we all can see what you're talking about. Post both the photos he took and photos you took.
i dont know how ,but i asked him a few times about the condition and he said good with only 4k miles ,it was my fault for trusting him so much but i can tell you in the pics they did not look like this no way.i will take pics and send to someone who can post them i really dont know how .

Get notified of new replies

To what should i do? got lied to by a c/f member

Old 07-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

frank, he's obviously full of it. he has no excuses and knew just what he was doing.

i hope you can get a full refund back out of him.

i'm sorry to hear of all your bad luck, let's hope the next 2 weeks you have extremely good luck.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:49 PM
aboatguy
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

$200 bone refund Wow!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:51 PM
86PACER
Le Mans Master

i dont know how
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1336867