Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

MINT 1963 Coupe (SWC)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 06:04 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Received 313 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowlerdude
I'm very interested in your car but slightly confused.

Does that mean your car has it's original born with engine?
Yes of course, but it was completely overhauled, it was a total mess when I got it, and now its as good as new. Its got three top flights and almost now points off on the engine. I lost points because the fit and paint was too GOOD. I will take that.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:06 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

I'm very interested in your car but slightly confused.

Does that mean your car has it's original born with engine?
PM me and we will talk so I can answer all of your questions.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Bowlerdude
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by EBVette
Yes of course, but it was completely overhauled, it was a total mess when I got it, and now its as good as new. Its got three top flights and almost now points off on the engine. I lost points because the fit and paint was too GOOD. I will take that.
Thanks for the clarification, I'm looking at two SWC one of which is yours and I just wanted to make sure.

I'll contact you when the time comes for me to have someone inspect it so that we can set up a time that's convenient for you.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:16 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Thanks for the clarification, I'm looking at two SWC one of which is yours and I just wanted to make sure.

I'll contact you when the time comes for me to have someone inspect it so that we can set up a time that's convenient for you.
Thank you
Old 02-25-2014, 03:39 PM
3rd Gen Devil
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My favorite car and plane... "Cadillac of the sky"

Beautiful car brother, I hope it finds the most deserving of owners. If I had the cash I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:57 AM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 3rd Gen Devil
My favorite car and plane... "Cadillac of the sky"

Beautiful car brother, I hope it finds the most deserving of owners. If I had the cash I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Just pass the word around, no hurry to sell, but would like to see the car go to a person who either collects or willing to take the car to the next level, Bloomington, or PV/Duntov...
Old 02-26-2014, 01:23 PM
urtoslo
Pro

Originally Posted by EBVette
Just pass the word around, no hurry to sell, but would like to see the car go to a person who either collects or willing to take the car to the next level, Bloomington, or PV/Duntov...
Good luck with the sale!
Old 02-28-2014, 09:58 AM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by urtoslo
Good luck with the sale!
It will take a while, but when a person sees this in person, it will sell quick. I just want the right person to buy it.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:56 PM
Stingray1967
Race Director

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Wonderful car, I'm sorry you have to part ways with her. The description, effort put into the car, and the photos are all amazing. Good luck with the sale. Be patient, the buyer for your car is out there.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:25 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Stingray1967
Wonderful car, I'm sorry you have to part ways with her. The description, effort put into the car, and the photos are all amazing. Good luck with the sale. Be patient, the buyer for your car is out there.
Thank you for your compliment, I am a very patient person, had to be to get this car finished to this condition and I really am in no rush, I just enjoy the heck out of this car, even to go into the garage and just look at it, that is what I will miss the most, knowing its in my garage, Another neat thing about owning this is EVERYPLACE i go it attracts a crowd. The car is what it is, and the people who know me, know the effort to find the right parts, the hours of work, and the research that went into this car met my goal of bring this to the highest possible standards. Now it ready for the right person and alll it takes is the right person who will find it, and realize what this car really is. what I mean by the right person, is the person who really wants the best, and really wants a car that is completely finished and a top of the line 1963 Coupe.

Patience is a virtue that I do have. Thanks,,,,Collin

Last edited by 1KULC7; 03-01-2014 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:14 AM
blufinz52
Le Mans Master

Gorgeous car! Hope you don't mind, but I'm using the photo of your car in front of the plane as my desktop background. Great photo!
Old 03-04-2014, 02:32 PM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by blufinz52
Gorgeous car! Hope you don't mind, but I'm using the photo of your car in front of the plane as my desktop background. Great photo!
Wish I had a nickel for everybody who is using this photo....no help yourself.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Easy Rhino
Team Owner

Received 1,921 Likes on 1,334 Posts

Just Wow!

Old 03-07-2014, 10:01 AM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Thanks Rhino....
Old 03-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Lost_In_St_Louis
1st Gear

I have been lurking here for a couple years, but I had to finally create an account to tell you how amazed I am at this car.

I'm still a young guy, only 25, but this car is the one I am working towards. I've been tempted to buy '69 Vettes, '58 Cadillac's, and '67 Camaro's, but then I realize it would delay me getting this car.

I wish I had the $125K to give you that this car deserves. But, I can't yet! Thanks, though, for putting up the photos, and I hope your future buyer is as much in love as I already am.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Zoomin
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 217 Likes on 160 Posts
2018 C2 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15, '19

I ran across a thread done by Colin when he was doing the restoration. I thought potential buyers would appreciate a glimpse of the level of detail.

Link
Old 03-09-2014, 12:55 AM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Thanks Steve,

OH HOW I REMEMBER THOSE LONG DAYS AND NIGHT.... I remember like yesterday those damn cookie sheets. Got them one and the repros looked like junk, spent next three weeks trying to locate a decent NON DINGED set, I had to buy TWO sets, and piece together from the two a decent set that we stripped the paint repolished, and repainted. THEY FIT PERFECT.

How I remember.... It was the bottom of the car most of the work went into, typical somebody went crazy with flat black spray paint under the car. All suspension part were removed, and either replaced with dated part, i.e. the spindles on the car were later model replaced with a matching numbered set of 63 spindles without the web, December I believe. Found those in North Dakota, paid dearly for them, but perfect condition, took months to find those....

I think I spent more time trying to find the correct parts then putting the car back together...

Here is a short story about the detail put into this car. I found out from a person who retired from DELCO, and STILL to this days rebuilds alternators that during 1963 and earlier, the writing on the diodes used on the alternators were PAINT, not INK. Well I just got my alternator back from a person who did EXCELLENT work in Ga. I brought this person my alternator to his shop, and he asked me to leave it. Appears the entire alternator was correct, except the printing on the diodes was stamped, he redid each Diode for me using paint.... That is a good example of the detail put into this car.

Here's another example, the stapes used to hold the rubber skirt onto the body in the front, are ORIGINAL. A close friend of mine actually had about 40 of the original staples used for the 63, and my car actually has these iron staples, no Stainless Steel for me, only original, and NCRS did check with a magnet.

I pity the person trying to go about today to locate OEM or NOS parts especially dated restoring the 63. So glad I restored and finished when I did. I go over to ebay and all I find are trash parts, no real good 63 parts like the use to have, more models, and crap than 63 OEM or NOS parts, and what is there $$$$$$.

Thanks for bringing back those posts, you really brought back some memories that I often forget....

Last edited by 1KULC7; 03-09-2014 at 03:04 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To MINT 1963 Coupe (SWC)

Old 03-09-2014, 08:48 AM
rtruman
Safety Car

Received 441 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoomin
I ran across a thread done by Colin when he was doing the restoration. I thought potential buyers would appreciate a glimpse of the level of detail.

Link
Its hard to believe that car was painted prior to 2004
Old 03-09-2014, 09:26 AM
arkus
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

that has to be one of the best restored 63swc's in the country
Old 03-09-2014, 09:52 AM
biggd
Melting Slicks

Received 349 Likes on 212 Posts

Good luck with the sale. The car is magnificent! I could never own a car like that because I would be afraid to drive it. After it's gone you're going to wake up in the middle of the night and you'll have to go out to the garage and check to see if it's really gone.

Last edited by biggd; 03-09-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Quick Reply: MINT 1963 Coupe (SWC)