Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

The Final Verdict on my AVIC-Z2 Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 10:02 PM
USAF_C6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default The Final Verdict on my AVIC-Z2 Install

Ok, it's all done! Everything works.. and I do mean everything! Thanks so much to all of you who answered my questions as I worked through the install.

For those of you who haven't been following my isses, see this thread:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1783077

Here is the verdict:

-For those of you installing into a 3LT with Bose and OnStar you will need the Peripheral Electronics GMAH24B AND the GMAHCM. (For chimes)

-The Peripheral Electronics application guide says the GMAHCM is not needed for the vette. But let me tell you, it is if you wanna hear the beeps!

-Also, the instructions for the GMAH24B will tell you to not hook up the rear speakers in a bose system because they won't work. On Komoman's advice I hooked them up, and they work great! Thanks Komoman!

-For the illumination wire I tapped into the grey wire on the Active Handling button. Works great!

So for those of you upgrading the head unit in your 3LT, Bose, OnStar Vettes I hope my time as a guinea pig is of help to you. As I said my system works great, and I'm really enjoying the added Nav and Bluetooth functionality of the Z2. Pics to follow soon hopefully!

Last issue:

I'm still seeing the low battery voltage occasionally after starting the car. It'll read like 12.5 or so. Now it used to jump back up to 14.0 in just a few seconds, but since the install sometimes it will take awhile. It does get back up to 14.0 but sometimes I have to drive a bit. Othertimes it appears to come up normally. Could this be heat related? It's been well over 100 here, so when I start the car the A/C fires up full immediately, along with the stereo and everything else. Who knows.. open to thoughts.

Quick Reply: The Final Verdict on my AVIC-Z2 Install