Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

How is the Z06 as a daily driver, especially for interior noise?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2024, 09:21 AM
Vega$Vette
Race Director

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,003 Posts

No problem if you want to DD.

Yesterday drive mine about 80 mile down and back on I75 Tampa area. 70-80 mph

Road noise was only an issue when in the phone using BT on the concrete surfaces.

Tire noise same as every Vette I’ve owned since my C5.

Not a complaint just a fact. The C8ZO6 is perfect. My my22 SR HTC was perfect too but if I didn’t get the ZO6 I would have alway wondered what I was missing.

No regrets. Mine is not a DD.
Old 05-25-2024, 11:57 AM
ZachZ06
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree, no problem if you want to DD it.

I just did a 2 day road trip, 500miles round trip to Columbus and back. Not one single issue, and I just put the car in tour, so we could listen to the radio. Told the wife she could only take 1 small carry on, and I did the same. Airport carryon fit perfect in both the front and back. I had to ask the wife to punch it at some stop lights when it turned green. She said go for it..lol. I love how it holds down the power. I couldnt punch my C7Z M7 without having it fishtail all over the place.
Old 05-26-2024, 02:57 AM
tobaccokid
Pro

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Not sure I can understand the original premise. If I wanted a “quiet commuter car” I’d buy a Cadillac. Love my 2024 Z06, unfortunately not loud enough.
It’s a high performance sports car for pet’s sake.
Old 05-27-2024, 07:39 PM
TxLefty
Le Mans Master

Received 906 Likes on 586 Posts

Currently driving a C7.R coupe. Thinking hard about a 25 Z06. Weekend/trip/autocross/play car. We do a couple of long trips a year, and the folks in the club with C8s seem to be making it work with respect to reduction in luggage space. I get about 23 (usually fairly steady 75-80) on the highway. From the commentary here, it sounds like the C8Z would get closer to 20-21 under the same conditions. Am I interpreting the comments correctly? Gasoline isn't a huge concern, but I don't want to be the short pole in the tent by too much when were on a group trip.

Good friend (racing buddy) that has had one for about 3 months said it's the best car he's ever owned, which includes a C7Z and a bunch of M cars of various descriptions. So his opinion is pushing me that way also.
Old 05-27-2024, 08:00 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 4,123 Likes on 1,754 Posts

Originally Posted by TxLefty
Currently driving a C7.R coupe. Thinking hard about a 25 Z06. Weekend/trip/autocross/play car. We do a couple of long trips a year, and the folks in the club with C8s seem to be making it work with respect to reduction in luggage space. I get about 23 (usually fairly steady 75-80) on the highway. From the commentary here, it sounds like the C8Z would get closer to 20-21 under the same conditions. Am I interpreting the comments correctly? Gasoline isn't a huge concern, but I don't want to be the short pole in the tent by too much when were on a group trip.

Good friend (racing buddy) that has had one for about 3 months said it's the best car he's ever owned, which includes a C7Z and a bunch of M cars of various descriptions. So his opinion is pushing me that way also.
Reduction? My C8 HTC has more luggage / cargo room between the frunk and trunk space than any Corvette we’ve owned…all while the top is down,
Old 05-28-2024, 07:03 AM
ZachZ06
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Lebowski
Reduction? My C8 HTC has more luggage / cargo room between the frunk and trunk space than any Corvette we’ve owned…all while the top is down,
I actually think you can fit more luggage, bags in a C7Z than you can in a C8Z. If not, it is pretty damn close. Either way, there isnt a lot of storage. I know you can fit a small airplane carry on, one in the front, and one in the back. And then a few other small bags. I couldn't or wouldn't take this car on no more than a 2-3 day road trip. Just not practical, but nice to get away for a quick weekend.
Old 05-28-2024, 11:03 AM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,389 Likes on 1,240 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I did a track weekend at Ozarks Raceway a week ago, and on the drive down and back I averaged 20MPG (cruising at about 80MPH), of course we won't talk about the 4.6MPG I got on track. I was easily able to fit everything I needed for the weekend including a C8 luggage bag, folding table and chair, helmet, driving suit/shoes/gloves, tools, spare brake pads, etc in the frunk/trunk. My wife and I have also done week long trips in our previous 23 Stingray with no issues fitting everything in the frunk/trunk.
Old 05-28-2024, 05:33 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 4,123 Likes on 1,754 Posts

Originally Posted by ZachZ06
I actually think you can fit more luggage, bags in a C7Z than you can in a C8Z. If not, it is pretty damn close. Either way, there isnt a lot of storage. I know you can fit a small airplane carry on, one in the front, and one in the back. And then a few other small bags. I couldn't or wouldn't take this car on no more than a 2-3 day road trip. Just not practical, but nice to get away for a quick weekend.
How so? I think the trunk space is comparable in the C8 vs the C7, and the C8 adds the Frunk for the win.

I took my C7Z from Chicago to Maine, and it was fantastic. The addition of the Frunk adds even more soft storage. To be honest, for a sports car, it has a TON of storage for roadtrips, grocery getting or rides to the golf course. All with the ability to put the top down too (in the HTC).
Old 05-28-2024, 07:21 PM
TxLefty
Le Mans Master

20 mpg on the highway would be livable. If I jump, I plan to skip the Z07 package this time, so that might help mileage a little more and should make it a little more comfortable for the cross-country jaunts. FWIW, according to the book, the C8 has 12.6 cubic feet of space divided up between the trunk and the frunk which kind of splits the difference between the C7 coupe at 15 cubic feet and 10 cubic feet in the C7 vert. It's good to find out that the C8 is good enough for a week, if not a little more. That sounds pretty much like what my C8 Stingray friends are able to pack.

Still need to check out next year's colors. Thinking about the purple. My first new hot rod was an Inviolet 1970 440 'Cuda and I'm starting to think about the whole circle of life thing, although hopefully it's too early in the game for that kind of stuff.
Old 05-28-2024, 07:30 PM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,389 Likes on 1,240 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

20 mpg on the highway would be livable. If I jump, I plan to skip the Z07 package this time, so that might help mileage a little more and should make it a little more comfortable for the cross-country jaunts. FWIW, according to the book, the C8 has 12.6 cubic feet of space divided up between the trunk and the frunk which kind of splits the difference between the C7 coupe at 15 cubic feet and 10 cubic feet in the C7 vert. It's good to find out that the C8 is good enough for a week, if not a little more. That sounds pretty much like what my C8 Stingray friends are able to pack.
Mine is not Z07 (I specifically didn't want it as it's more for street use than track). I do drive 100% in manual mode, so subtract maybe 1MPG because I hold gears a little longer and downshift sooner than it would in auto. I will say for storage that packing for 2 people for a week does need a little more planning and organizing than in a coupe C5/6/7.
Old 05-28-2024, 07:35 PM
TxLefty
Le Mans Master

Yeah, we're a little spoiled right now. With a little planning we can go two weeks without doing laundry and still have room for camera, tripod, extra shoes, etc. But sometimes you got to give a little to get a little. I'm starting to get a little worried about C7 parts availability, even though I've got 2+ years of warranty left.
Old 05-28-2024, 11:12 PM
Ragtop 99
Safety Car

Received 1,230 Likes on 713 Posts

MPG: 19 - 22 depending terrain and highway speed. You can go 3.5 - 4 hours at a time without worrying about finding the nearest gas station.

Luggage: You can fit a rollaboard in the frunk and one in the trunk and have a little extra space in the funk and fair amount of extra space in the trunk. Soft-sided luggage is easier to pack in the trunk as it takes a little jockeying to squeeze a full rollabord in the trunk.

Cabin: There's not a lot of room in the cabin for stuff if the passenger seat is occupied. If the passenger is short, you might have a few inches behind their seat for a coat or rain jacket.

My C6 coupe had a lot of space. I carried headers, a vararam, and misc other stuff in one trip to get it installed. Now way it would fit in the C8. Now compared to the c6 vert, the C8's frunk provides bonus room. I imagine the C7 was similar.
The following users liked this post:
TxLefty (05-29-2024)

Quick Reply: How is the Z06 as a daily driver, especially for interior noise?