C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Troubleshoot “service vehicle soon”

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2024, 01:10 AM
Mikeyd99
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troubleshoot “service vehicle soon”

C6 guys… have anyone experienced “service vehicle soon” at start up? I’ve had a friend bring a high quality diagnostic computer over - if found minor faults with the radio and air bag (all steering wheel functions) but that is because I swapped both for an updated Apple CarPlay unit, and a carbon fibre Dring wheel.
He reset those codes, they did not return.
Now the code reader reads no faults. The car runs and performs excellent, no signs of anything wrong, yet “service vehicle soon” continues to appear.
What could it be?
Old 04-19-2024, 06:53 AM
C5 Diag
Moderator, Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,133 Likes on 1,698 Posts

After all those codes were cleared and you started the car and the SVS message appeared again did you again scan for any DTC’s ??… I would go through a few start ups before rescanning…any trouble code that IS related to the emissions system will illuminate the MIL (check engine light).

Old 04-19-2024, 01:48 PM
hnsl
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this issue sometime ago fixed the problems after the first scan and had the SVS come up at startup.. i had a friend take it to a professional workshop for fixing. It was issues with the codes or so they said.

Get notified of new replies

To Troubleshoot “service vehicle soon”

Quick Reply: Troubleshoot “service vehicle soon”