Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

More on the LOT Z06's @ MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 05:39 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by JABCAT
I haven't found the Merino to be any more work than others. I do wish it were available in my M2, or a mix of Alcantara. Their Vernasca is on par with 3LT, which at least was standard along with contrast stitching or M colors.
You are supposed to condition it every 2 months or so, as it has no coating--unlike lower quality leather. But I conditioned the leather in my Vettes as well, as I enjoy detailing cars. Zen to me.
Old 05-04-2024, 09:48 AM
rackemup
Racer

Received 232 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by corvetteflier
You are supposed to condition it every 2 months or so, as it has no coating--unlike lower quality leather. But I conditioned the leather in my Vettes as well, as I enjoy detailing cars. Zen to me.
I've owned every "quality" of automotive leather made coated, treated, or otherwise over the decades and have never done more than a wet rag wipe down. All of them have looked great with this minimal treatment.
Old 05-04-2024, 11:50 AM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,949 Likes on 2,435 Posts

^^^ Agree. The conditioner never even penetrates the coating. Wet/damp rag is all it needs.
The following users liked this post:
NakedDave (05-04-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 11:54 AM
NA Screamer
Pro

Received 374 Likes on 191 Posts

Old 05-04-2024, 12:39 PM
Phil1098
Race Director

Received 11,726 Likes on 4,684 Posts

Originally Posted by Aku700
With GM making what, 24,000 Z06s a year, they will flood the market and ADM pretty much goes away, but might take a year or so to fulfill this huge quench for the Z06 demand right now.
WOW, since they just built VIN 6,000 for 2024 on Friday, they must plan on REALLY ramping up production. 18,000 more Z06s in a couple months is certainly ambitious.
Old 05-04-2024, 01:28 PM
fatsport
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 898 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by FF2000
Some people don’t want a loaded performance car. I ordered a 1LZ with full aero and CCB brakes. I have no interest in heated seats, heated steering wheels, auto-folding mirrors etc. I don’t like the added weight or complexity. I can assure it is not financial, the annual costs of running a Z06 is nothing compared to running a season in my dedicated racecar, with tow vehicle and enclosed trailer. Which in turn cost significantly less than the annual costs of operating my 52 ft boat. This is not meant to be a flex, just to make the point that some people really do like lighter, simplified performance cars and don’t want all the fluff.

I am actually quite pleased with the base 1LZ trim for use as a street car. However, I am thinking of putting $10–15K into lightening the car with titanium exhaust, Li battery, lighter forged wheels, and carbon seats – if I can take another 100-150 lbs out of my 1LZ it starts to approach Porsche GT and Ferrari weights for half the price.
Please make a dedicated thread when you do this, there will be lots of interest. I think there's a lot of weight that can be stripped out, closer to 250 lb.
The following 2 users liked this post by fatsport:
Car Junkie 24 (05-04-2024), gatorfl (05-04-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 07:22 PM
Jikk
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtraylor2001
I decided this weekend to go on a road trip and view all the Z06 inventory I could see. Was basically looking for different colors, options, etc to help me make my own decision for my order. Best to see thie colors and optons in real life rather than the configurator. I learned that this weekend. To my surprise. I saw several loaded Z's maxed out to 175K with options marked at MSRP and they were still sitting unsold. Not sure if they will last long, but its looking like some dealers have customer ordered cars that were backed out at the last minute and they are now available.

On the other hand. Some of the dealers were still wanting ADM's on their in stock Z's. So there is still a big mix. I, Saw my first 2 Eray's. I saw a white one that was absolutely beautiful. It was sold car at MSRP. The other one was a blue one at different dealership, but it was up for sale with ADM. Not sure of what it was, but was told at that dealership that all erays and Z's .....they were asking ADM.

So for those on long lists, you may want to look around to see if you can find a nugget hiding in your local neighborhood as it appears things are getting better. This was not the case around here 6 months ago.
Thanks for the information
Old 05-04-2024, 08:32 PM
NakedDave
Racer

Received 281 Likes on 150 Posts

Wild thread, lots of options and opinions, all valid!

I like the idea that heated / cooled seats add any appreciable weight that you’d feel though, the fans are what 1lb per seat?

onward!
Old 05-05-2024, 07:31 AM
NK-minnesota
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

This is a wonderful thread.

Quick Reply: More on the LOT Z06's @ MSRP