Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****GTLM/GTD Pro Racing Talk-NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM
cor123
Melting Slicks

Received 549 Likes on 348 Posts

Default CORVETTE RACING AT COTA: Doubling Up in GT World Challenge

Press Release:

CORVETTE RACING AT COTA: Doubling Up in GT World Challenge

Milner, Udell set for DXDT Corvette Pro-class debut in Z06 GT3.R

DETROIT (May 15, 2024) – The next phase of Corvette Racing’s expansion into GT World Challenge America and SRO Motorsports competition starts this weekend as DXDT Racing ventures into the series’ Pro class with a second Chevrolet Corvette Z06 GT3.R.

The Milner/Udell Corvette is the eighth different Z06 GT3.R that will race around the world this year. Its debut comes two weeks after DXDT’s first race with the Corvette brand at Sebring. Adding the No. 63 entry will allow DXDT to double-up on its preparation and work throughout the weekend to make both Corvettes contenders in their respective classes.

While Milner – making his SRO debut – and Udell – a past World Challenge America Am champion – will team together for the first time, Sellers and Smithson will arrive at COTA with positive momentum from their Corvette debut in Sebring.

The potential of the duo in the Z06 GT3.R was evident in the second of two races where Sellers started and Smithson ran down the lead pack in the race’s second half before a late-race spin.

A return to Circuit of The Americas has been a few years coming for the Corvette brand. The factory Corvette Racing team previously competed there in both the FIA WEC and IMSA with two class victories in the latter.

DXDT Racing and the Corvette GT3 program will continue in GT World Challenge America this weekend at COTA. Race One is scheduled for 12:30 p.m. CT on Saturday with Race Two at 2:15 p.m. CT on Sunday.

DXDT RACING PRE-EVENT DRIVER QUOTES

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 63 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R: “In many ways, there is a lot of new for me in racing for DXDT Racing. It’s new series for me and a new team. Obviously there are a lot of familiarities also with the Corvette, the engineering support from Corvette Racing and also my sister Erin (Gahagan) as team manager… a pretty fundamental part of the team! I’m excited to do some more racing. The last couple of years for me has by no means been a bad program. There was just less racing. Even though I was testing a lot and driving a lot, I missed the race weekend atmosphere and things like that. I figured why not double up on some of it now. But I’m excited for a new challenge and looking forward to racing with the Z06 GT3.R a bit more. There’s still a lot to learn on the team side, the crew side and the driver side. More racing for these cars is better.”

ALEC UDELL, NO. 63 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R: I’m excited to be starting the campaign with DXDT and the Corvette Z06 GT3.R at COTA this week. Coming off a good test, I’m feeling gelled with the team and each time out there’s more knowledge gained with the car. We're looking to carry the momentum from Tommy bringing the car to its first podium last week!"

CHRISTIE BAGNE, CORVETTE Z06 GT3.R PROGRAM MANAGER: “The addition of a Pro-class Corvette Z06 GT3.R in GT World Challenge America is a key part of our first year as a customer program. This an exciting opportunity for DXDT Racing to showcase its capabilities as a top-level team and also for the Corvette Z06 GT3.R as a contender for overall wins in GT World Challenge America."

Ryan Smith
Judy Kouba Dominick

Quick Reply: ****GTLM/GTD Pro Racing Talk-NO SPOILERS PLEASE!